July Jogglers

RapidBreath

Cathlete
I went for a joggle this morning and then I did Stretch max with the band. I meant to do some yoga but its late and I'm tired. so, tomorrow instead. Tomorrow will be Imax 3. yikes.

So, it turns out today was just the application to be allowed to take the exam. Phew! That gives me time to bone up on my techy talk.

Tricia-I might do that challenge!!! But, I don't have a kettlebell! mmm. . . .I don't have any moneys neither. But, I do have a stretchy band!;)

Jane-I hope you find us! Did you get a good workout today?

Alisha

Happy July!!!

Here's my workout from last night. This was a tough one. It looked easy on paper. My palms are still red from the bear crawls. Of course the grass was littered with some hard pointy things that fell from the trees and the grass is so dry it was like hay.

7 Rounds
10x Off Box Goblet Squat
10x Kettlebell Swings w/53 lb bell
30 second fast fee on step
60 second plank
30 second mountain climbers
15m bear crawl forwards
15m bear crawl backward
s

This morning will be a upper body workout and maybe some abs.

Alisha ~ Good Luck with IMAX 3. I have never done it but I heard it's hard. I'm glad that you only had to submit the application. You will do a good job on the test but I'm happy you have extra time to prepare.

Tricia ~ I will start sending you the workouts once a month. Some will be all kettlebells and some will be mixed with other exercises. I don't really break them down when I type them up. So you'll get 2 or 3 workouts a month.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Happy July ladies!

Alisha - Thanks for saying new thread in the other page. I automatically went there! lol What a relief to find out you have more time before the exam! Have fun with IMAX3! I think I've only done that one once! I did the band Stretch Max today too! Love that one!

You don't need a kettlebell for the murph workout! Hope you do it with us! It'll be fun!

Jane - Ouch on those bear crawls! Thanks for the workouts! I'm really excited! It'll be like getting a digital present every month! Yippee!

Here's my post from today on my first "workout with my new kettlebell: Pat Calls the Kettle . . . Blue! « The Eclectic Beagle

We're playing golf tomorrow morning! I think I've found another hobby I love! lol At least this one involves moving around! lol

Have a great night!

I got up early today - 5:30am to beat the heat. I was out of the door at 6:30 and did 9 miles today. I felt really good despite having felt a little beat up this morning. I was just sore all over. The run was beautiful! I may go swimming later in the day.

Tricia ~ I will start sending you some workouts then. I loved seeing you with your pretty blue bell!! You are going to enjoy it so much.

Hi Alisha - Hope all is well in your world.

Tomorrow morning is Murph and then some more swimming and eating.

Happy Sunday!!

Jane - You'll probably finish Murph long before I've even had my coffee tomorrow! lol Nan did well, didn't she?

I'm so looking forward to more moves and workouts on my kettlebell! Thanks for the lovely comment! It's nice to know my flabby belly really doesn't show in that picture! lol I had to check my bell twice when I got it to make sure it was the right one, but it is what they show on the website as the competition bell. It looked so different in person! lol

Enjoy a lovely swim later! I'm relaxing the rest of the day! It got pretty warm on the golf course by 10 a.m. and it wiped me out!

Have a great day!

Jane- Me too, I was up at 5:30 to beat the heat, its supposed to be 99 deg. today.

Tricia-Your belly hardly shows at all, I think the big blue bell steals the show;)

I went for a joggle today. I plan on getting some yoga in later. I took yesterday as a rest day. I just felt bleh. Tomorrow will be a combination of aerodyne/yoga.

Alisha - Early is good when it gets that hot! Ugh! Thanks for the comment! I love my Big Blue Bell!

I did the Crossfit Murph workout today and it nearly killed me! lol Not really! It was tough! Showed me how much work I still have to do! Have scheduled 4-Day Split for this week. We shall see how it goes! I've only ever done one here and there or just the cardio premixes. I'll tack on some kettlebell practice this week as well. I'm leaning towards Insanity next week. *gulp* Haven't touched that one since last November!

It's back to work tomorrow - bleh. That came way too fast!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday ladies!

Happy 4th!

I did the Murph workout this morning. It always nails me no matter how many times I do it. My sister was curled up in a fetal position in the middle of doing push ups. Yikes! We finished it and it felt good to get a shower in and them jump in the pool later in the day.

Tricia ~ Glad you did the Murph. I love 4-day split although I haven't done it in a long while. I don't want to go to work tomorrow either but at least it's a short week.

Alisha ~ Hope you enjoyed yoga today. When is your test.

Have a great evening!

Hi Jane - Missed checking in for a couple of days. Oops! 4-Day Split is a bust this week! My upper body is so sore! Everything hurts! lol Best all over UB workout ever (Murph), but now, I need a few days off from using it! lol Going to move 4-Day Split and stick with cardio this week until I feel better. Hope this doesn't mess up my golf game on Thursday! Not that it can get much worse than it already is! lol

Going to do Turbo Fire 45 EZ tonight and some core work. Hoping I can slip some weights/kettlebells back in by the weekend! We shall see . . .

Thank you for the first batch of workouts! Excited about getting started! I'll view the exercises and sub in where I need on the two-bell ones, unless I feel I can use some dumbbells in their place.

Hi Alisha! Hopin your holiday was nice!

I'm about to go for a joggle. Its already 73 deg. and its not yet 6 am. Afterwards I'm doing Yoga Zone: Flexibility and Stress Release.

Tricia-I don't think that should mess up your golf game;)

Jane-Thats funny, 'fetal position':p

Alisha

Here's my workout for tonight. I made up some of it and I know I'm going to have complaints with the Atomic Manmakers. I took a rest day yesterday.

50 Push ups
5 Driveway Runs
50 Push Press
5 Box Drills
50 Jump Squats
5 Atomic Manmakers
50 Squats - weighted
5 Driveway Runs
50 Swings
5 Squat Thrust DLs
50 Sit ups
5 Driveway Runs

Alisha ~ It was 77 degrees when I left for work at 6:25 am.

Tricia ~ The golf game make help to loosen your muscles a bit. Even though it's painful sometimes it helps to do a little something to work out the muscles. My sister was complaining about her chest and shoulders last night.

You can definitely sub another piece of equipment or exercise for anything listed. If you don't have 2 bells, you can work one side and then the other.

Not much else to report here...just working.

Alisha - Hope your joggle went well!

Jane - It was 77 already here when I left for work, but that was at 8:45! :eek: We hit 92 today, bleh. We'll be back down in the 80s tomorrow. It's funny because everyone complains about how hot it is, but there's virtually no humidity, so the heat isn't that bad. In the house is another story due to the whole a/c issue.

Kettlebells shall be the primary gift list item for a while - that and my battle rope! :D

Took a full rest day and got some chores done around the house tonight.

Pretty quiet here as well.

See you all tomorrow!

Yesterday's joggle was good. This morning, I did an hour of Yoga Zone: Flexibility and Stress Release this morning. Its not as hot. They say it will only be 96 deg. today. Tomorrow will be another joggle. I'm trying to get the 2.5 miles in but my hills make it so hard to get that last half mile, its straight up to the sky. I wish I had access to something a little flatter.

Jane-I'm afraid to ask, what is an atomic man maker?

Tricia-I don't mind the heat so much when its dry.

I'm going for a 2 miler and then 25 min. of yoga. Tomorrow will be a Cathe step workout, I don't know which one yet, maybe Athletic Step.

Alisha

Here was my workout from last night. It was SO muggy. I was dripping sweat. You would think with all this mugginess we would have rain...no suck luck. I'd take 100+ heat any day.

Tabata 20:10 x 8

KB American Swing
200M Run
Jump Rope
200M Run
KB Pushups
200M Run
KB 1 Arm Thrusters R/L
200M Run
KB 1 Arm Sit ups
200M Run

Alisha ~ Enjoy your run. The Atomic Manmaker is - squat thrust with dumbbells, then a push up, then renegade row right, then left, then jump back and clean and press the dumbbells and then lunge right, then left. I can do about 3 and then I have to rest.

Tricia ~ I grew up in Illinois and we did not have a/c in the house until I was in high school and even then it didn't really get up to the top floor. The basement was a freezer but it was pretty toasty in my bedroom.

I'm resting today. I have errands to run after work and had a 5K race in the morning.

Alisha - I'm glad you're getting good joggles in! I wish I had access to more hills near me. I would have to drive a ways to get some. I'll take a couple of yours and send you some flat!

Jane - The Atomic Manmaker sounds exhausting! This is a great workout as well! What's the difference between a KB swing and an American swing? Here we go! lol

Enjoy your rest day and good luck in your 5K tomorrow!

I'm hanging out with my husband. We're having some fish and asparagus for dinner tonight and probably some wine! Have a BB team call in the morning and am meeting with my new customer at 1 p.m.! I'm excited to have my first local customer to work with!

I think I'll do Leaner Legs tomorrow. Haven't really focused on legs in a while. I'll get some KB swings in, too, if I can. It's supposed to rain and I don't know if my husband will be too keen on me doing them indoors! Yikes!

Have a fabulous night, ladies!

I did CW cardio only premix, I didn't want to workout at all but thats the funnest one so thats what I did. Tomorrow will be a 3 mile joggle.

Tricia- If only we could swap neighborhoods magically.

Jane- :eek:Thats definitely a manmaker!

Alisha

Alisha - How was your job today?

I played golf again today and played a bit better. It was a longer course, so my score was still high, but I had some nice shots. I also am still hitting way right for some reason. Need to figure that out and fix it now! Had a difficult time getting out of a sandtrap. My ball was really close to the lip and it was high. Going to have to research how to hit to get out of there! lol We had fun. Played in Jamestown and it was beautiful! From some tees, you could see the bridge in the background and the water. Very nice course.

Now, to get back on the real work this week!

Hi Jane!

I meant to post this weekend but Saturday was busy and I crashed yesterday.

I ran a 5K race on Saturday morning. I had to get up at 4:30am but the race was for a good cause and I did finish 2nd in my age group. It rained right before the race but then stopped and it became a sauna out on the course. Then I came home took a shower and took mom shopping. I didn't get home until almost 5 but I had a burst of energy and did some things around the house.

Yesterday I was up at 6am to run 6 miles. Not the best run but it was SO humid!! I came home drenched. I did some stuff around the house, watched a movie (I fell asleep in the middle) and did nothing else. I was invited to the pool but was too tired.

Tricia ~ An American swing is where you swing up over your head. I think Lauren Brooks does them in her workouts. You can google American Swing. The other style (Russian) is the one that most people do, where you just come to chest height.

Your golf came shows beautiful and fun. Always nice to have a beautiful course to play on.

Alisha - Hope you had a nice joggle.

Have a great Monday!

I went for a joggle this morning, 3 miles, and then I did 25 min. of yoga. Tomorrow will be HsCkt. Wednesday might be a joggle, maybe not, we shall see. This morning I applied to Radio Shack for a job. I hope I get it. They are close and I went into the store because they had posted a hiring sign. I am probably over qualified in some areas and under qualified in others. I'm not really a smart phone person but I am an audio/video person. I hope thats enough.

Jane-Congrats on your race!

Tricia-Work was ok. I still have a little bit to finish up to get that project out the door. Mostly clerical type stuff. I do have to edit together a different presentation in Keynote and then make a movie, compress it in Compressor and pop it onto a DVD in DVD Studio Pro. I love DVDSP because I can make really cool menus with graphics, music, and even photographic slide shows.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.