July 09 Checkin *****Wednesday 1rst

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Getting ready to head out to the National Zoo today...We are having the best time...I am missing my workouts. Thursday they are leaving and I may get time to some sort of workout then. Friday for sure!!

I plan to see what Cathe posts for a rotation this month. What is everyone else doing?

Have a great day!!

Hey Kathy!!! Nice to see you this morning..

"RABBIT RABBIT"!!

I can't believe it's July 1st already. Wow...

Kathy.. the zoo sounds like a great fun trip! I bet your kids are excited!! Your week sounds like it's been fun and adventuresome!! Like a vacation, but you're home...

Beth
: Sounds like you had a wild day yesterday!... Funny how all our DH's have their own little quirks.

I'm going to go do Burn & Firm Pilates in a bit. I like that this rotation calls for Yoga/Pilates. I always WANT to do it, but never do, because it's "not on the rotation". I might even do a short Yoga stretch after the Pilates !! I know, I'm wild!!

BBL!!!

Did you guys check out Cathe's JULY 09 Rotation, Butts and guts? Ohhh that looks like a good one! I think I may do that one next!!! (after I lose the 10 lbs with my current rotation... )

Kathy, nice to "see" you! We figured you were out and about with your sisters.

Chris, which rotation are you doing? I remember seeing one with a pilates day, but don't remember where I saw it. Yes, Cathe's July rotation looks great!! I might do it in August. You go - wild woman with that stretch! ;) Wow, that's too bad about your sitter. I hope it all works out for her. The good thing is that she's 24, not a teenager. But still, to be pregnant and only dating for a few months is not good. It's hard enough raising kids with another parent - I can't imagine doing it alone. Although sometimes the DH's are like having another kid. :(

I wasn't too thrilled with my workout today. I've been feeling extra tired, so I figured I'd sleep in today. I woke up early enough to do the upper body circuit from that Results DVD. It was actually an OK workout, but felt like I needed more. That's OK - I think I needed the extra sleep.

Beth, my DH can be like yours at times, but it's like all or nothing with him. Yes, they all do have their quirks! Oh, the motorcycles!! DH has, oh, about eight in our garage. Hasn't ridden one in years. He just had to have this one with a sidecar about ten years ago. Yea, real practical with two little kids. I just went along with it. He rode it a few times - now it sits. Same thing with this other one he had to have. But, I'm actually glad he doesn't ride them anymore, but it seems like such a waste. Luckily they were all used. I think his newest midlife crisis is the boat. Oh well! I'd go ahead and get that furniture if I was you!

Have a great day!

Joanne

I finished Crunch: Burn & Firm Pilates. That one made me SWEAT!.. And then I did a 20 Minute Yoga from Kathy Smith's Project: YOU. It did feel good! And all through Burn & Firm, I kept listening to Ellen Barrett's voice, wondering what part of it is irritating, Hottie! LOL!

Joanne, the rotation I'm doing is Fitness Freak's suggestion in the rotation forum. SHE's doing it to "lose 10 lbs". Of course, HER 10 lbs is muscle, but I was hoping mine would be "fat". This is the rotation:

Mon.: Cardio
Tues: Total Body (MM, ME, MIS, any premix with total body)
Wed: Power Yoga
Thur: Cardio
Fri: Total Body
Sat.: Cardio
Sun.: Rest

Sounds like you needed the sleep more than a tough workout today, Joanne. OMG, your DH has 8 motorcycles?? That is crazy! And yes, I second Beth getting her furniture!!

I really need to get moving, always have so much I should be doing!!

I love your posts, guys. You're the best. Chris, the laughing man is so funny!!!

Katyy, sounds like you are having a great time on your "staycation". I wonder if the Chris phenomenon of holding steady on vacations applies to an at-home vacation. You can let us know! ;)

Chris, we had the same sort of workout this morning -- I did a lotte berk and a bar method -- they complimented each other nicely. I looked over my rotation a little more and one of those weight days is going to be a sort of plyo day. I'll post specific workouts if anyone is interested. I did see Cathe's July rotation -- looks interesting, but I also saw another older one (intensity series, I think) that Cathe used to lose some pregnancy weight (theoretically). It looked good, too. So many choices! As always....

I guess I shamed Larry into not even looking at the motorcycle!!! Can't order that furniture yet..... :)

Ok, I've got to get some work done in a short window.....

-Beth

Hi guys!

I ate like a pig last night. I've been annoyed because we don't have much of anything I like to eat or cook in the kitchen so I just nosh nonstop on the junk. Joe BBQed a ton of red meat which I ate a little bit but something about the way he makes it, makes me feel really really heavy later. I looked over and found it was a rest day yesterday and not a cardio day so I tried to sleep early. I can't believe this, but I actually banned Joe from one of the online games he wasted all his time on while I was overwhelmed. I was just even so disgusted at the idea I felt like I needed to do that with an adult but yeah, I did. But you know, I slept early and the kitchen is clean, the floors were swept, and the papers were in nice piles for me to review tonight. So, now I'm not feeling so bad! This morning though I had a horrible horrible nightmare plus the 14th day of my period, plus I took benadryl for my spider bite and I couldn't move. I took Joe to the train station and came back to eat something warm. I did the vertical step portion of KCM which is what I needed to get some blood flowing and I was going to do BC2 right after but I looked at the clock and decided to fly into work first to start an experiment which turned out to be stupid since it was contaminated. Oh well. I wonder if my boss is coming in today. He was supposed to be back today but given that I think a lot of people are taking half days and friday is off, he may not even show up. We'll see.

Thanks for the support with the spouses. It's really weird because though I would characterize Joe as maybe lazy I would have never characterized him as inconsiderate and I think that's what's been really getting to me. He knows about every detail of what has been making me go insane and its like, why are you doing this to me right now? But he's not playing the online game and yesterday he took over chores that I normally do so we'll see. I hate having to go into a fit to get him to help me but I'll take anything at this point.

Kathy -- how cool! I just gave my free passes to the San Diego Zoo to someone this weekend. I want to drop by there when the weather cools off again. Don't worry about the workouts -- you're burning it off walking!

Chris -- I don't know what it is about her voice!! I think she gives really good cues too but I think there is something about her voice that doesn't put me into a calm place or something. I dunno! But I like doing her workouts! But I also expect Joe to "know" things ahead of time but then when I spell it out for him he accuses me of patronizing him sometimes. I throw my hands up in the air because I can't win. But he *usually* is good about talking with me about our issues and he has been a bit better about that. Is your babysitter going to get married too? Not saying you need to get married if you're pregnant, but I'm curious.

Joanne -- I definitely have had that feeling with Joe. We both work, and he knows my work is one of those, one day I'm just sitting in front of the computer all day and another day I'm running around in a cold room. But it was actually cool a couple weeks ago -- when our friend who is getting divorced stayed with us at one point him and Joe were in the backyard and Joe was telling him about how our relationship "works" and our friend apparently stepped back and said, "you know you're lucky she does so much without losing it." It felt good though I guess part of it was looking at how his wife didn't prioritize much in retrospect. But thanks for understanding that DH = child sometimes! Eight motorcycles? Easily solved. One goes to Larry, one goes to Beth, one goes to me and one goes to Joe, and the other four you can keep. :) Good for you on doing a workout when you're so tired!! Oh, and I've already killed the boat fantasy of Joe's. But you may like how did this (warning: nerdom) -- I put in one column a bunch of boats he liked with the value. In another column I put a series of other things he wants that would equal the sum of one boat. He didn't even let me get to the depreciating value of all the items...

Beth -- oh no, no furniture! Well a long weekend is coming up, maybe you can shame him into building it! Yeah, my mouth was gaping open when I found the intensity series as her way to lose pregnancy weight. I believe she lost the weight but I think it had to do a lot with her metabolism too...

Hmm...off to scrounge...

OK...I'm kind of freaking now. DH called and said they were in the doctor's office. OK, don't just say that without warning when as far as I know everyone was healthy and unhurt when I left for work this morning. Jameson had a slight (100) fever yesterday and said he felt kind of tired, but seemed to perk up and was acting fine last night. I guess he woke up today with terrible coughing fits and was struggling to breath. Really wheezing. DH called the doctor and had them listen over the phone. They said to bring him right in. They are there now (Jameson must have slept really late, which is not unusual lately). They did a breathing treatment and are going to see how he sounds, then probably send him for a chest xray. They think he might have pneumonia. How does something like that come on so sudden? I hate being helpless here at work when my kids are sick. I've got about an hour left here at work. I can't really leave any sooner cause of the train schedule. I'm sure he'll be fine, but it's still a bit unsettling! Colin did have a cough last week, but no other symptoms, maybe he had the same thing, it just hit Jameson harder.

Hottie, it seems like you're really having a tough time of it. ((())) My DH got addicted (seriously) to a video game on the computer about a year ago. It was so bad that Jameson took it off the computer. He would forget about everything else and just play this silly game for hours on end. He'd yell at the kids if they interrupted him. It seriously became a problem. He reinstalled it and then our computer got fried in our flood last year and he never tried to put the game back on. Did your DH do that cleaning, or you? If it was your DH, good - it sounds like he's hearing you and trying! I love that idea about the motorcycles!!! Did I mention that he bought one for me when I was three months pregnant with Ian? Oh, and a matching one for him. Sweet idea, but I'd don't ride motorcycles and how the heck were we going to ride together with two kids under the age of two????? We did go on one trip and he taught me to ride. I admit I was terrified, but it was actually fun. Now those two motorcycles are two of the eight sitting the garage.

Beth, are you doing the same rotation as Chris? Or is it that one you posted a few days ago with the circuits?

OK...off to worry some more and wait for word from DH...

Joanne

Tea time!

Did I tell you guys I bought a bigass mug at Hershey Park for my tea? It's brown and says "HERSHEY" on one side, on the other it says: "THE FOUR BASIC FOOD GROUPS 1. Chocolate 2. Chocolate 3. Chocolate 4. HOT Chocolate!

:p

Have I ever told you guys I love chocolate?
5.gif

Beth: Cool you did a Bar workout today! It is nice to change the pace a little, isn't it? I love the Intensity Series. Which Rotation did Cathe lose her post-preg weight with? I am always amazed when I look at the SIZE of her belly in her preggo picture and then her stomach NOW. How the hell does that happen??

Hottie:
For some reason, I got the afternoon "munchies" again today too. And I wasn't even stressed. I tried chewing gum, but blew it in the end. Crap. I'm hoping my white tea will help me out!
25.gif
. .. Maybe ellen barrett reminds you of someone in your past that irritated you ? The Burn & Firm Pilates is the only workout I have of hers. COMMENDABLE you did a step workout feeling the way you do! Day 14 of your Period?? WTH?? That's torturous, girl!!! .... I gotcha on feeling annoyed that you had to throw a fit to get Joe to do something. BTDT here too! And then WE'RE looking like whacked out b*tches!.... On my pregnant sitter, she SAID her BF was HAPPY and EXCITED about her pregnancy. And that he SAID way in the beginning she was the girl he wanted to marry. So we shall see. I know these days it doesn't matter much if you get married, but something about NOT getting married feels weird to ME, personally. A friend at work is pregnant with her 2nd child, and has been with her guy/BF/fiance? for YEARS, but for some reason , they won't marry. Both of them don't think it's necessary and financially it works better for them. Whatever I guess. ... HEY NOW!..I'll take one of those motorcycles, if you're giving them away! ;) I do remember a boyfriend that had a BIG bike and we used to drive home from the clubs at 2am on a warm summer night... and it felt amazing holding on to him .... Ahhhhh.. memories. Maybe when my boys move out (And I'll be a leather wearing 60 yr old hog-rider!!)

Joanne: ... I hope your son is ok! I totally understand you wanting to be there. The poor kid!. jake had pneumonia last Fall, remember? I don't know WHERE that crap comes from. It's strange. Does he have a history of asthma too? The good thing was that after ONE full day on antibiotics, he felt a WORLD better and on DAY 2, he was back to school and back to normal!! Give him a big hug for me!!!

So remember Zach doing CRAPPY on his last quarter in school AND his last progress report had him with 2 D's and POOR effort and conduct? I half-heartedly told him if he pulled off the honor roll for the last quarter, I'd buy him a laptop. ... that little poop did it! got his report card today, and he had ALL A's and B's AND had comments like "GREAT effort and COMMENDABLE conduct"... Oooooooh my!!!!!

Yikes, Joanne -- is it pneumonia? That must have been torture for you to be stuck at work after that phone call!!! Funny that the dr. office listened to his breathing over the phone. I hope he is better -- and hopefully on antibiotics -- they do kick in so quickly!

Hottie, too funny handing out the motorcycles. Who gets the sidecar?! Yeah, and day 14 of tom is insane! You poor thing!

Chris, love the mug! Funny that you're using it for white tea. :eek:

The rotation Cathe supposedly lost the pregnancy weight on:

"The Intensity Series As A Whole"
Posted by Cathe Friedrich on Nov-21-02 at 02:20 PM
We think you are really going to love the new Intensity Series. It can be used as a "shock your system" rotation in its entirety or you may insert any of the workouts to accommodate your current fitness rotations/workouts. There are no rules to these workouts, simply use them as another way to shake up your workouts. As all of us already know, the body needs recovery time as well as light and hard day workouts. With that in mind, this series expresses different levels of intensity.
Also, we should always listen to our bodies on a daily basis so feel free to alter the workouts as you see fit by modifying to lighter weights on days your body needs it or even increasing your weights on days your body is feeling strong.
So as you see, there are endless ways to keep your fitness workouts refreshing and inspiring.....ENJOY!!!!
PS....For starters, I will share a couple of ways to enjoy the Intensity series. How long you stay on any of these rotations is totally based on how your body is responding. If it feels good continue, if you feel pretty tired and sore, modify the intensity within each workout to fit your needs, if you feel flat out exhausted and ultra sore, alternate it with some less intense workouts.

ADVANCED Total Overall Body Blast Workout:
Mon: Boot Camp
Tues: off
Wed: Muscle Endurance
Thurs: Imax2
Fri: Cardio and Weights
Sat: Pyramid Lower Body with the first 5 intervals of Imax 2
Sun: Pyramid Upper Body

ADVANCED Total Body Conditioning with more focus on Heavy Weight Training
Mon: Pyramid Lower Body
Tues: Pyramid Upper Body
Wed: Imax 2
Thurs: off
Fri: Cardio and Weights
Sat: Pyramid Lower Body with the first 5 intervals of IMAX 2
Sun: Pyramid Upper Body

Advanced Total Body Conditioning with more focus on Muscular Endurance
Mon: Imax 2
Tues: Cardio and Weights
Wed: Muscle Endurance
Thurs: off
Friday: Circuit Max
Sat: A lower intensity cardio of your choice
Sun: Muscle Endurance

me again. Hottie, did you make that comment because you didn't think this would help a normal person lose weight?

Joanne, I'm doing a rotation similar to Chris' "lose 10 pounds" from FF, and yes, what I posted last week, though I have tweaked it some, of course, because that's what I do!! The most interesting thing about this was trying to classify some of my workouts and realizing that I can fit in more than I thought I could. Here's a few weeks:

1. pyramid total body combo
2. short cc + yoga
3. barre/pilates something or other
4. kbell
5. Jillian's BFBM
6. lalo
7. dove or slim series

1. 4DS total body combo
2. short cc + yoga
3. barre/pilates
4. kbell
5. CLX Burn it Off
6. Bodystrikes
7. Slim Series

1. MM
2. well, you get the idea!! I'm excited about mixing up a lot of my different workouts.

Switching topics.... yesterday I had planned to mail two netflix movies back -- I have one extra right now because if one is unavailable when they told you it would be available, they mail you the next one and then mail you that original when they have it, and you just have an extra for a while. Well, anyway.... with the giant stack of stuff I had to take to the library, I have somehow lost the netflix envelope. I called the library today to see if maybe I had put it in the book return, and the lady told me she has no idea what a netflix envelope looks like. I was somewhat shocked, but I guess not everyone has tried it. :) I'm sure hoping I did put it there and someone mailed it today.

So I mailed Larry a link to some pottery barn furniture and said it would fit perfectly in the space we have available. He mailed back the picture of the motorcycle he wants and said it would fit perfectly in the garage. Butthead!

I'd better go chop some veggies.....

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.