Jogglers September

Hi Jogglers!!

I am trying for a 4 mile joggle this evening.

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

Hi Jogglers! I'm not joggling again this month. I did start Meso 2 - Disc 13 and really liked it!

Hi ladie,
I'm stressing about Earl now. Was planning to head to Hatteras this weekend but won't make it on the island before he will probably wash out the road. I also can't afford to get stuck there and not be able to make it back to the school. I did AOS Brooklyn this morning. Going to dog walk this evening. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Jane - enjoy your joggle.

Cindi - enjoy meso 2.

Alisha - thanks for getting us started.

Tricia - Hi!

Alright, feeling a little pissy that there is an entire thread about the outfits in the new workouts but still no answer to my question about rep range. Apparently I don't have my priorities straight.

Happy September everyone!

Alisha - Great start to the month!

Jane - You'll knock that 4 miles right of the park!

Cindi - Glad you're enjoying Meso 2! As I said before, it was my favorite! Sorry you're not able to joggle.

Lisa - That's a wise decision. I hate hurricane season! About the whole question thing - yeah, they seem to be taking their cues from the media: Stupid s**t first, then the more substantial stuff, if at all! Like I could afford any of those outfits anyway! If they're not sold at Marshall's, Kohl's, or TJ Maxx, I sure can't buy them!

Did Timesaver #2 this morning. Have the most HORRIBLE and I mean HORRIBLE cramps! I've never had this problem before. They almost made me fall off my step! I haven't been able to down the Advil fast enough to keep them at bay. Ugh. Is it over yet?

CC Vol. 5 for me tomorrow morning!

I saw that! I kind of chuckled when I saw SNM replied - about flippin time!

Went to that strength class with my friend again tonight then spent about 30 minutes on the stationary bike. I kept the weights lighter since I had done chest, shoulders, tris last night and I'm doing disk 14-legs tomorrow.

I forgot to tell you guys what an unhealthy meal I made last night! LOL. The boys had this thing called a walking taco at camp and wanted one. The camp version had you open a bag of fritos and spoon in some canned chili and nacho cheese sauce (GROSS!).

MY version wasn't much better - still started with the bag of fritos, then I replaced the chili with my grass fed organic hamburger cooked with some taco seasoning and some vegetarian refried beans. Then I added regular shredded cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream. Better but still marginal. You then eat it with a fork straight out of the bag.

Then for dessert - we made what I called Aztec Smores with cinnamon graham crackers, marshmallows and chili dark chocolate (Lindt Chocolate makes them - you can get them at Target)- these things were just way too good! I didn't eat the walking taco but I definitely ate the Aztec Smore!

Is everyone safe from Earl's path? I know Lisa you are not going to the Hattaras. Are you out of harm's way then?

Cindi- it doesn't count if you didn't eat it!!! mmm smores mmmm When I was in college I got fat eating chili cheese fries, I am afraid they are on my 'do not eat' list now but I sure loved them at the time.

I'm taking today as a rest day. Its too darn hot for workouts. I plan either a boxing workout or a joggle tomorrow. And either a step workout or joggle on Saturday. I prefer the joggle, but it depends on the air.

I've been on a Dr. Who binge all week. I'm working on this video editing project and need a break for my eyeballs. So, I watch old David Tennant episodes. Its a blast because I really didn't get to watch them when they were first broadcast. Yesterday, Noble said that he hugging him would give you a paper cut because he was so thin. That gave me a chuckle.

HOLY CRAP, BATMAN (a/k/a Lisa), SNM finally answered your question!!!!!!!!

I know!! I was so surprised. I did bump it up yesterday and tried to keep the snark out of my comment. Maybe that helped? It sounds like my sort of workout but of course, the preorder is over now so I guess I'll just sit back and see what sort of reviews it gets before I order. I was going to use the 20% that comes with the preorder to get Gym Style Back and Bis but not anymore... I'll admit that if it weren't for our check-in, I'd probably only check the boards very occasionally at this point.

I did Bollywood Dance and Namaste Yoga on FitTV this morning. I was feeling stiff and tense. Earl is closing in, Andy and Sarah are staying on the boat today and tomorrow. Sylvia is staying in place with all the horses, including Mr. Chip. I don't really think she could have gotten him on a trailer to evacuate anyway. The road is washing out above Rodanthe (which it does anytime the wind blows out of the NE) and the dunes are leaking above Hatteras (which means Andy will get cut off between the boat and the house, in that case, he always chooses to get stuck on the boat). When Emily came through, Hatteras village was cut off from the rest of the island for almost a month when the dunes breached just north of the village. I hate that I'm sitting here and can't help in any way.

I got to school and they retroactively cut my lab technician's hours. She has worked with me for years and given the school many more hours than she has ever been paid for. She is also my friend and landlady so we are very close. Her mother is experiencing some health issues so she is considering quitting to take care of her mother. Honestly, at the hours they are giving her now, it is the logical thing to do. I have gotten grant funding for years to help support her position and I hate that I don't have anything to help her out with now. Grants are much harder to come by than they were 3 or 4 years ago. Supposedly they are going to write my contract today and not cut my hours but we will see.

Cindi - The smores sound fabulous!!

Tricia - I hope you feel better!! I was so excited to CC Press Play last night. Thanks for sharing that link!

Alisha and Jane - Hi!

Lisa

Lisa - I hope everyone is safe. And hoping your hours don't get cut. times continue to be tough - makes you wonder if the economy will ever get better.

Someday I'm going to have a party with a s'moresgasboard - lots of different crackers/cookies and chocolates to create your very own version. Wouldn't that be fun?!

Hi Everyone!

This is what I did tonight. It was harder than I thought it would be. The weather has been cool and breezy. By cool I mean the low 90's!!

4 Rounds - 30 seconds work/15 rest
Ball Slams
Push ups
Squat Thrust to KB deadlift
Plank
Barbell Thrusters
Sandbag Step ups
Jump Rope
Swings

Lisa ~ I hope everyone is safe and your hours don't get cut. Yay...for finally getting an answer.

Cindi ~ Your post made me hungry!!! The s'moresgasboard sounds fantastic and fun! On Memorial Day we did that with ice cream. We picked the ice cream we wanted and all the things we wanted in it. It was fun although it was hard to pick what I wanted in the ice cream.

Alisha ~ Enjoy your rest day.

Hi Tricia!

Cindi - That dinner doesn't really sound all that appealing to me and I love Fritos! Or, at least, I used to! Haven't had a Frito in forever! S'Mores, now that's a different story!

Alisha - I love Dr. Who! Haven't seen any of the episodes since David Tennant left only because they aren't on hulu nor on NetFlix yet! Hope you had a nice rest day! Tomorrow we're supposed to fall back in the 70s and out of this 90 degree heat! Yay!

Lisa - I'm keeping your friends in my thoughts and prayers that they come out of Earl in good shape and in one piece!

I really hope your position at school is safe! It sucks about your lab tech! I was happy to share the CCPP link and the energy of the workout! I did mine this morning and went a little farther than I usually do. I was shocked to see that over half the street lights didn't work!

I had a cup of crappy coffee at the office this afternoon because my HA was getting worse rather than better and I don't think it really helped.

Doing Timesaver again tomorrow. Lost track of which one I'm on! It's bicep day, though.

Have a good night everyone! Let's all hope Earl isnt as bad as he seems!

Hi Jane!

Hi everyone! Disk 14 (legs) last night - rest day today and I need it. I'm sore and tired.

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend. We are going to have some nice weather (70's low 80's) and grill out.

Earl's a category 2 now. I'm glad it's weakening some.

Hi Cindi! If we make it through tonight, we'll be cooler and sunny tomorrow afternoon! It's been pretty mild so far, but it still hasn't quite come all the way up yet, so there's still more hitting us over the late night hours. I hate when they come through at night. I don't sleep well and I'm exhausted today. Didn't work out this morning because of being so tired and my headache moved into my face making my eyes and teeth hurt! So, I'm relaxing tonight and we'll see what the weekend brings! I'm taking some rest days next week, too.

Hi Alisha, Jane and Lisa! Hope everyone is okay down in Hatteras!

Good Evening!

This is the workout I did tonight. It was a little hotter today but there was a nice breeze.

Bumper to Bumper (Barbell Plate)
2 Rounds
50 Squats with Bumper Plate
50 Lateral Jumps over the Bumper Plate
50 Weighted Push ups with plate on back*
6 Driveway Runs holding the plate
50 OH Plate walking Lunges

*These were HARD!! I did about 5 on my toes and then had to switch to my knees. Good thing I have a big butt...it kept the plate from sliding off. :p On the 2nd round I did weighted sit ups.

Lisa ~ I hope all is well on Hatteras.

Tricia ~ {{{Hugs}}} I hope you feel better soon!

Hi Cindi and Alisha.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Jane - All I want to know is how you got that plate on your back! Did your sister place it? I would have to do it myself and just don't think that would really work! I'm not quite flexible enough!

This is a workout I think I could do!

BTW, feeling better as long as I keep taking the Advil!

boxing is fun

I like the MMA Boxing disc. The only thing is, my heart rate dips significantly and doesn't really stay in my thr very well. I do the drills twice for a 600 calorie burn. I skip the ab conditioning part. I figure all those twisting motions are enough for me.

My eating has been all over the map. I made myself a batch of anti-dementor food ( a la Harry Potter) fiber brownies. They help with my IBS and cut in half only pack 10 grams of carbs, and since they are home made, they are naturally gluten free.

I almost didn't do my workout. I was feeling tired. But, I powered through, I do wonder if I was half asleep for some of those combos though.

Cindi- I hope the rest did the trick and that soreness goes away.

Jane- I am always impressed with your workouts. How much does that plate weigh? I always figure everything I do qualifies as a weighted workout because of the extra 50 pounds I'm carrying around my middle. When I finally lose this I will have to get a weighted vest just to get my calorie burn in.

Tricia- I really hope your head is feeling better. I had a hormonal migraine today, luckily it responded to zinc. Hugs.

Lisa- I really hope your grant money comes through, I'm crossing my fingers.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.