Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Jogglers May 2012

This is a discussion on Jogglers May 2012 within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I've missed the weekend again. So I'll get you guys up to speed. Gnat days 5K was hot but the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Cathlete
lioness's Profile Fields

I've missed the weekend again.

So I'll get you guys up to speed. Gnat days 5K was hot but the gnats were very few so that was good. I went back and looked at my times for the last 4 years and it was apparent that I am getting slower each year. I did the same this year coming in 5 or 6 seconds slower than last year. I did place 1st in my age group so I guess the time doesn't really matter. This is a hard race in lots of way. It's at 7pm meaning I was up at 5:15am, worked a full day and then did the race. Also it was HOT!! It was 90 degrees and humid. I saw a girl wearing a long sleeve black t-shirt. Seriously? Who thinks...I'm running a 5K in 90 degree heat...let me wear a long sleeve t-shirt?

Saturday my sister and I took mom shopping. We got home at around 1:30. I fell in my carport bringing in the groceries. My ankle hurt but was not swollen and I broke a dozen of eggs...yikes...but at least I was ok. I went to my friend's pool and swam 70 laps.

Sunday morning ran 8 miles, rested a bit and then went to my mom's house and helped her around the house and worked in the yard for about 30 minutes, then came home and clean my bathroom.

Tonight will be some sort of upper body workout but I have to find a workout.

Alisha ~ I'm so glad things went will at the dentist. Sorry about not being able to workout but at least you are getting a good rest and since you can't really eat...well...you will probably lose a couple of pounds. Enjoy the rest.

Tricia ~ Give Peanut a hug for me. What a sweetie! Good job on your commitment to yourself. Keep running and doing Cathe workouts. That is a great combo. We haven't had a rain in a while. We got a little last night and maybe a little today. The weather channel says 40% and the local weather says 80%. How can they be so different?

Hope everyone has a great Monday.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:50 AM
Cathlete
RapidBreath's Profile Fields

Tricia- That fat blast plan looks great. I might pick up a copy. I googled it because I wasn't really familiar with Ani and I'm impressed with the reviews on Amazon.

Jane- Hi!

I am feeling a bit better. Now my jaw is a bit sore still, my surgeon had told me to expect bruising. I had a really tasty quinoa, cashew, and mint salad for breakfast. I'm watching my calories because I'm not ready to exercise yet. I still look like a chipmunk.

Alisha
Old 05-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Cathlete
lioness's Profile Fields

Here is tonight's workout.

Two separate circuits of 40 seconds work/ 20 seconds rest for 3 rounds non-stop.
Rest 2-3 minutes between circuit A and circuit B.
Circuit A:
  • Kettlebell Push Press
  • Battling ropes
  • Box Drills
  • Upright Rows
Circuit B
  • Slam ball
  • Halos
  • Push ups
  • Weighted Step ups

Alisha - Chipmunks are cute!
Old 05-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Cathlete

I am going to try Tracy's Omni today. Its not as intense as Cathe. I've stopped bleeding. I'm awfully hungry though so I better start working out.

Its good to know that chipmunks are cute!

Jane- Good job on the race. I don't think I would want to do a race in the evening after work. I would just be too pooped. Long sleeves? No way not for me. I'm so sorry that you fell.

Tricia-How is the fat blast going? I'm thinking about making myself a green smoothie. I have plenty of spinach, celery, juices of different flavors. You always inspire me to try different foods. I probably wouldn't have thought raw on my own.

Alisha
Old 05-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Cathlete
lioness's Profile Fields

I am taking a rest day.

Alisha ~ I'm glad the bleeding has stopped. I hope you can eat some real food now.

My ankle was bothering me a little bit yesterday but it is fine today. I also have a scrape on my elbow that I didn't notice until the next day. Duh!

Hi Tricia ~ Hope all is well with you.

Last edited by lioness; 05-09-2012 at 01:23 PM..
Old 05-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Cathlete

Default I skipped last night's workout

I was just too tired. I don't have a good excuse. Today is a combination of 3 mile walk and Jillian's No More Trouble Zones (whole body workout). Its a beautiful day! Tomorrow will be a jog/walk and either some yoga or pilattes.

I went to see The Hunger Games yesterday. It was a bit disturbing but a friend had warned me about that before so I was prepared. I hope I can get a copy of the books from the library.

Jane- I hope your ankle is feeling better today.

Tricia- Hi!

Alisha
Old 05-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Cathlete
lioness's Profile Fields

I am going for a 4 mile run tonight unless it rains and then I will find something else to do. It's been rainy in the afternoons here but that's fine because we need it.

Alisha - My ankle is feeling good. It's good that you rested yesterday. I'm glad you are enjoying a beautiful day.

My sister just finished reading The Hunger Games. She really liked it so I guess I will read it next. I haven't seen the movie though.

Hi Tricia!
Old 05-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Cathlete

Default You are cleared for take off!

Bye bye bleeding,
Hello healthy eating,
Bye bye motrin!

Ok, so this morning I did do 3 miles and Jillian's No More Trouble Zones. I do admit, that one makes me sweat. A lot. It might be because its finally hot, in the low 90s. Give it half a minute, I'm sure the triple digits are just around the corner. I'm leaning towards Step Fit and some belly dancing for tomorrow.

Jane- I'm glad your ankle is feeling better.

Tricia- 'chirp chirp chirp'. .. ...

Alisha
Old 05-10-2012, 06:30 AM
Cathlete
syzygy314's Profile Fields

Send a message via Skype™ to syzygy314

Hi ladies!

I admit I haven't felt like typing on my iPad a lot lately, so have been reading, but keep telling myself to move to my laptop and forget!

Alisha - I'm glad you're back to being able to eat and workout again! I haven't started the fat blast program yet. I drove Stephen to the airport this morning bright and early (ugh), and am planning on going shopping for Phase 1 and 2 soon. I was hoping to go tonight or tomorrow so I can start on the weekend, but we shall see. Usually, by 5 p.m., I'm done for and just want to come home.

Also, Peanut hurt herself the other night trying to get on the couch. Not sure what happened. Maybe a pulled muscle or something, but she's definitely in pain. She won't get on the couch anymore and going up the stairs is hard for her. She also stayed in bed all night last night, which is highly unusual for her. Taking her to the vet today. I hope she just pulled something and didn't hurt her back!

Let me know if you decide to try the raw plan! I'll help you through if you do!

Jane - Great workouts! I want to read the Hunger Games books as well! I can get them for my Kindle on loan like the library from Amazon, but you only have 3 weeks to read them or something like that, so if I get them, I better read like a maniac! lol

We've had nothing but rain all week and only one day without last weekend. It's supposed to stop today, but we shall see! I'm hoping to play golf this evening with the girls. We started a little foursome last summer. It may be too soggy.

Anyway, I finally got my lazy butt on my laptop to catch up! I haven't worked out this week, but if I don't go shopping or play golf tonight, I'll do a Cathe workout. Why is it so much easier when Stephen isn't home? I have got to get over that!

Have a good day you two!

Tricia
www.about.me/tricia.rush

"Causing chaos since 1961!"

Old 05-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Cathlete

Tricia- I know that its both hard because you miss Stephen when he is gone but also easy because then you don't have that attractive distraction. I'm so sorry about Peanut, I hope she is feeling better today. I've never gotten into golf which is kind of interesting because I literally live over the ridge (get errant golf balls in the back yard) from Serrano (one of Tiger's favorite spots.)

Jane- How was your run?

I'm going to do Step Fit in a couple of hours (no risers.) I haven't done any step for over a week. My tooth feels fine but I have residual bruising. This afternoon I have to get another tooth filled. My brother will drive me because I often feel funny after getting dental work done. It is nice and sunny outside. I hope that I will feel totally fine in tomorrow morning, because I want to run.

Alisha