Jogglers March 2014

RapidBreath

Cathlete
My birthday month!!! The Year of the Wood Horse!

I'm going to Ontario, CA for a week's worth of training. My team is handling the transition report now. I'm cut loose:eek: I drive down today. Its cold, rainy, and damp. I will go to see the space shuttle tomorrow at exposition park. I'm hoping that I have the time to go to Whimsic Alley in LA today. So excite!:D I want to buy some real Harry Potter style robes. I need to stop at Costco and buy myself a camera before I drive out of town.

I'm feeling ok. My glands are a bit better. I've been using the netti pot. Man is that weird feeling.

I plan to use the hotel gym and I also have travel fit, my mat, and resistance bands. I'm taking my lap top.

Happy March!!

My 1/2 marathon went well on Saturday although I did not PR and my sister had to pull out of the race before the 1 mile mark. That was sad. She had a pain in butt above her hamstring and she couldn't run or even walk without limping. I offered to pull out too but she told me to continue so I did. That slowed me down a bit but I ended up finishing feeling pretty good for the most part.

I didn't workout yesterday but I will today.

Alisha ~ Have fun on your trip! I'm glad you're feeling better.

Hi Tricia!

Hi girls!

Alisha - Very exciting about your trip! Have a safe trip and a good training! Hope you get time to sightsee some! I love my neti pot! It does feel weird, but it works!

Jane - Sorry about your sister not being able to run the race Saturday.

Sorry I haven't been around lately. I've been in a pretty weird mood for a bit and just needing to hibernate. Our weather has been atrocious and it just puts me in a weird place. We still aren't warming up any, but, at least, we haven't had any more storm so far. I was on rest week from STS last week and I'm extending it one more week. I'm hoping my shoulder will be better so I can start Meso 2 next week. It's been frustrating as I don't feel like I"m making any significant progress. I don't want to give up STS, but I'm just not sure it's going to be worth it without being able to do my shoulder work and some of my triceps exercises.

I have PT tomorrow morning, so I'll talk to her about it then.

Have a great night!

Hi Ladies,

TGIF

I have been a good girl and working out. Monday I did an upper body workout because my legs were so sore. Tuesday was a rest day. Wednesday was a 3.5 mile run and yesterday was an upper/lower/cardio workout. Tonight will be a running interval workout but I haven't figured out the details yet.

Yesterday we had donuts for a co-worker's birthday and I went a little overboard but I'm back in the saddle today.

Tricia ~ How did PT go? I hope it is helping a bit and I can understand about being frustrated. Being injured sucks! I hope spring comes soon. We've had days where it has been in the 70's and then it rains and it gets cooler/cold again. Last night during our workout it was in the low 40's. That's just crazy down here for this time of the year. We should be close to the 80's by now.

Alisha ~ Thinking of you and hoping you are having a great time!

Hi Jane!

Donuts??? You??? :p

It's okay to splurge now and then! Glad you've been getting your workouts in. I'm hanging in there with PT Monday will be the end of my 3rd full week. It's slow going, but at least it doesn't hurt all the time any more.

I'm going to start STS back next week, but I'll have to really watch which exercises I need to skip on Bi/Tri/Shoulder day. Back and chest are no problem and, obviously legs. I will have to do another round once I finish PT and am healed just so I'll know I've gotten a 100% STS workout done! lol

I just hate Meso 1. It's boring and long because of the endurance factor. Maybe I'll just do the undulating so it's more mixed up.

This winter has been brutal for everyone! We finally hit 41 today, but it still didn't really feel warmer. It's weird how it will be colder by number, but feel warmer sometimes and vice versa. Hope we all get back to more normal temps and weather really soon!

I'm going to this tomorrow. Should be interesting:

Frequently Asked Questions About THE BARS | Access Consciousness Blog

I haven't gone to a holistic healing workshop of any kind in ages. I'm looking forward to it!

Well, have a great night Jane!

Hi Alisha! Hope your trip is going well!

I'm back!

I didn't have time to check in during my seminar. Now I'm super smart on all things accessibility, or more to the point I now know what I don't know for the CASP exam:eek:

I used the treadmill at the hotel gym over the week. I mostly ate from the Fresh & Easy because they have a microwave proportioned food, calorie control;) I drank hot tea with lemon instead of sweet tea. I was very well behaved. boring!

I also spent a day at the LA Arboretum taking bad pictures. This point/shoot camera was not very good. I couldn't figure out how to select focus.

Tricia- I hope your injury is feeling better. Enjoy your workshop. I hope all that PT is helping.

Jane-Its ok :cool:to sometimes have a donut, the trick is to not have one everyday:eek: Congrats on your half marathon, even without a PR it is still an accomplishment. I'm sorry that your sister had to drop out.

Alisha - Glad you're back and learned a lot! Congrats on being a good girl and getting in some exercise every day. You know what happens when you don't!

My shoulder is getting better, but not as quickly as I would like. Isn't that always the way it goes?

The workshop was okay. She just learned the technique in November, so it was a bit disjointed. Interesting though.

I bought tickets to the Star Trek convention coming to Boston in June! I wouldn't have, but they added Karl Urban to the guest list and I'm very excited to meet him! I'm waiting, holding my breath that everything works out. They confirmed my order, but I won't get confirmation on my tickets until some time this week. I'm hoping it isn't sold out or anything. Keeping my fingers crossed! I signed up for the photo op, so I get to actually stand next to him and get my picture taken! Swoon!!! :D:D:D

I know. I'm such a Trek Geek and a goof! That's okay. It's been ages since I went to one and they are a lot of fun! I have 15 weeks to get into proper shape! I can do this! Hey, I'll take the motivation from anywhere right now!

Sorry I missed a couple of days.

Saturday was a rest day. Sunday was a 6 mile run. Yesterday was an upper body workout. It was beautiful outside - 80 degrees! YIPPEE!! Today will be rest day.

Ok...lets set it straight with the donuts. I didn't just have 1. I had 3...yes that is correct but you know it was worth it and donuts are my weakness. I did great workouts on Thursday and Friday and kept the eating clean. You can't be perfect all the time.

Alisha ~ Great job on getting your workouts in. That is always hard when you are traveling. I think you were super smart before you went for the training. No you are extra super smart.

Tricia ~ I'm glad your shoulder is getting better. Patience is a virtue or so I'm told. It will be back to normal very soon. How exciting for you to go to the Star Trek Convention. We all have a side of us that is geeky and goofy. Embrace it as it makes you unique. I hope you get your confirmation so you can relax.

Hi Jane! No sweat about missing a couple of days! You know how many I've missed! :eek:

Nice that you got in the 80s! We had a lovely day today in the mid-50s! Of course Thursday will be brutally cold again. It's the time of year where we get nice, then really cold weather. Soon, it will be nice again - hopefully!

You hardly ever eat a lot of junk. 3 donuts once in a blue moon is no biggie!

I got my tickets via email last night for the Star Trek convention! I can breathe easy now! I put them in their own folder so I won't lose them. I've worked out 3 days in a row! Woo-Hoo! I did yoga Sunday, Meso 2 Disc 13 Chest Shoulders and Triceps minus the shoulders and I couldn't do the side lying triceps extensions. Those bothered my shoulder a lot! That was yesterday. I did Body Max 2 cardio only premix, but added on core and the stretch. I'm really determined to do it this time!

Hi Alisha! Hope you are settling back into your regular routine!

TGIF!!

I ran 3 miles on Wednesday. Yesterday and today are rest days as have I a 10K race tomorrow morning.

Alisha ~ Enjoy your special day!

Tricia ~ So excited that you got your tickets! YIPPEE!!!

Jane - Great work on your 3 miles! Good luck tomorrow in your 10K!

Hi Alisha! Hope you enjoyed your birthday!

I have worked out 6 days in a row! Woo-hoo! I need to schedule a Star Trek convention every year! lol I even didn't touch the cake one of my co-workers brought in today! Not a crumb! I'm so very proud of myself!

We are going skiing on Monday in Vermont. They have a great special. Luckily, it's slow at work so I was able to get the day off on super short notice (asked at 3:30 this afternoon). Next weekend, we are going to Boston for Restaurant Week. They have great specials at tons of fabulous restaurants and we're going to make it a day and go back to the Museum of FIne Arts for the Renaissance show and have lunch and dinner. THEN, the weekend after THAT, is The Piano Guys concert at UConn. Whew! Lots coming up and going on this month!

Have a great night!

I swear I posted yesterday!! OMG.

Thanks for the Happy Birthdays. My birthday was great. Went to breakfast with my Mom. Had ice cream for lunch. :D Nutty Coconut at Baskin Robbins. Mom and Dad got me a new ipad air, I bought myself :eek:18 dvds on Collagevideo, went to a party at Early Toast (a crepe place in Folsom) with my friends Doug and Tonya (they are getting married in May.) and my friend Charisse. Charisse got me a blender! Tonya got me a bunch of frilly fun stuff at the dollar store and some hair scrunchies. I have really long hair now that I'm not spending the money on hair cuts.

Tricia-Way to go on the clean eating and workouts!! All those events sound like so much fun. I love Star Trek.

Jane-How was the 10K?

Alisha - Glad you had a wonderful birthday! Oooh, I love crepes! What a haul fro Collage! I don't have the extra cash for workouts since I just spent $155 on the ST Convention AND I still need to find me an outfit and shoes and get my hair done . . . lol . . . yeah, I'm a freak when it comes to Star Trek! Gotta look my best for Karl! :eek:

Jane - Hope your 10K went well and you're having a great weekend!

I'm going skiing with Stephen tomorrow at Mt. Snow, VT. It's only going to be 14 degrees! Brrr! I have completed Week 1 of Meso 2 and started Week 2 today since I'm off tomorrow. I also did yoga after my workout today. That was hard because my arms were tired already! I've been doing great, but I made cupcakes yesterday. Had a craving. That ends after this weekend! I'm getting back on the raw vegan bandwagon. I bypassed fast food today and yesterday. I'm so proud! :D

Have a great night! I'll let you know how skiing went either tomorrow night or Tuesday morning!

Alisha - I do watch and love Almost Human, but I fear it will be cancelled. Wish you could come out here and go with us! The photo can be with 2 people!

It ended up not being too bad. 5 layers of clothes did wonders for skiing today! We had fun! I'm really tired. I didn't get any sleep at all last night.

Hi Jane!

Happy Tuesday,

I missed a couple of days. :eek:

The run on Saturday was fun. The weather was beautiful and the course went around trails on a college campus so it was nice. I don't know what my time was but I finished about 30 seconds after my friend so I didn't do too bad. Waiting for the final results to find out for sure. I did finish 3rd in my age group. My sister starting running but then decided to walk the 5K instead. She finished last but walked with a couple of nice ladies. Her injury is weird in that she can do everything but run.

I worked out Sunday morning but didn't run. I did the following workout all while holding a med ball. I love this workout because it looks easy but it isn't and it a total body workout.
Squats 3 rounds x 25 reps
Sit up and Twist 3x25
Walking Lunges 3x25
Thrusters 3x25
Elephants 3x25

I took yesterday as a rest day as well as today. I'm going hiking on Saturday so I'm moving my rest days around.

Alisha ~ I'm glad you had a great birthday. YIPPEE for lots of workouts or and ice cream for lunch on your birthday is a must-have!!

Tricia ~ I'm so happy you have fun skiing. I have only gone once and twice and I wasn't very good. The weather has been rather nice here but it has been rainy. At least we don't need the heat or a/c.

Hi Jane!

Congrats on your run! Sorry your sister is battling an injury and can't run. Hope it clears up and she can get back to it soon!

I'm not very good at skiing either! I only took 3 group lessons, so I can go down and kind of turn - widely, so I can't go up the harder trails because they are much more narrow. Someday, I hope to take some more lessons and get good enough to at least do the intermediate trails.

I took a rest day today. I will pick back up with legs tomorrow. I haven't taken a rest day since starting Meso 2! I'm feeling great and my shoulder is FINALLY starting to feel better! Woo-hoo! I think it's the ultrasound with cortisone treatments. I can't wait to be 100% better!

Hi Alisha!

I am going running tonight - around 3 to 4 miles.

My sister is going to walk while we run. I suggested that she wear my weighted vest (10 pounds) or my kettlebell backpack and carry either a 14, 18 or 25 pounds kettlebell. At least it will give her more of a workout. It is healing it's just taking a long time but at least she can do other things.

Tricia ~ I remember when I went skiing that I was very good stopping but unfortunately when I started going fast, I forgot how to do it because I was so scared. I went to one place in Wisconsin (this was in the 80's) and I went down the bunny hill a bunch of time and did well. Then I took the ski lift up and when you got off you had to turn (stupid) so of course I turned and fell. At least I didn't fall off when I got off the lift. I got back up and then fell again so I was up and down the whole time. I finally gave up, took off my skis, walked down the hill and sat in the bar the rest of the day waiting for my friends. LOL!!

I'm glad your shoulder is feel better.

Hi Alisha.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.