Jogglers June 2014

RapidBreath

Cathlete
It's Joe. Unfortunately I have to go to the doctor today to get my left arm x-rayed to see if I broke it on Saturday. It'll be okay either way because it's just my left arm.

Happy Monday! I am doing a weight workout tonight. I'm thinking total body so I have to search one out.

I only did a 4 mile walk yesterday as I wasn't feeling well enough to run.

I did harvest 2 blueberries on Saturday. YIPPEE! There are many more to come though. The bushes are loaded. Also have 15 lemons that have started and the tree is blooming again so we may get more.

Alisha ~ I'm sorry about the fall and your arm. I hope it's not broken. I fall all the time. Both knees are basically scar tissue because I fall in the same spot all the time.

Hi Tricia!

I went to Kmart today, I was able to drive in spite of my hand injury. I am pleased that my hand is not broken:D I bought some boxes to tidy up my room/ workout space.

Jane I bet those lemons will be delicious:)

Alisha - So sorry about your fall and your arm! Glad nothing is broken!

Jane - Exciting that you are getting so much fruit from your lemon tree and blueberry bushes! Hope you are feeling better!

All I can say is someone needs to find the brake pedal! Time is just flying by! I decided to start the June rotation and I pre-ordered Cathe's new workout series. It looks really awesome! After I do the June rotation, I'm thinking of repeating STS then and that should take me to right when the new series comes out or at least close!

I can't believe the ST Convention is less than 3 weeks away! I have not reached my goal, but I have lost 10 lbs. and am staying with my workouts. This week has been rough because I started having issues with my knot in my back again which was extremely painful the first part of the week. I ordered me a TENS unit like they use at PT. It came today, but I have to wait for Stephen to get home because I can't reach to set the electrodes right.

I'm still trying to get myself up early to do cardio in the mornings, but that hasn't worked out yet! lol

It rained all day today and didn't stop until 5. I went by the country club to see about golf, but it was dead and all the leagues canceled. I took the time to go try out new clubs at Golfsmith. I've decided to buy new ones this year instead of a paddleboard. Yeah, my trip to the surf shop in Beverly, MA was a bust. The guy didn't have anything at the shop ready for me to demo, Stephen wasn't supportive when I got nervous about the 3-4' waves coming in! I ended up not trying anything out because the guy said it would take him 10 minutes to get the boards, but 50 minutes later, he still wasn't back and we had dinner reservations in Boston, so we had to leave.

Oh, well.

So, that's what's up here! Take care and have a good Friday!

TGIF!

Here was last night's workout. It was tough and hot but a breeze came up when we were finishing.

4 Rounds
20 BOSU Jumps
20 Push ups
20 Alternating Halos
20 Ball Slams
20 1-arm weighted sit ups 10/10
20 Side lateral raises

Today will be a rest day as tomorrow I will be running in a 5K race at the Blueberry festival. We'll buy a couple of blueberry bushes because they are only $2 a piece and buy some blueberries as they are really inexpensive there. I used them almost everyday in my smoothies.

Alisha ~ I'm glad nothing is broken.

Tricia ~ Time is flying! I can't believe it's June already. Crazy! Sorry about all that rain. Hopefully it will be warm and sunny soon. Great job on the 10 pound weight loss! That's awesome. Keep up the good work!

I finally got Mt. Saint laundry put away. My left-hand is healing ouchie spots where I fell on it are still sore. My bones are a bit uncertain about falling down still. I plan to start doing low intensity exercise tomorrow.

Jane how was the blueberry race?

Tricia I'm sorry that the trip to the surf shop was a bust. I don't know that I could do surfing myself. I probably end up fish food.

Happy Monday! (I suppose :confused:)

Wow...the weekend just flew by. I got up at 4am so we could get to the Blueberry Festival 5K in time. The drive was beautiful as the sun was rising and we were heading East. The race was nice and always well organized. Although I was slower this year than the previous 3 years, I still managed to get 2nd in my age group. The previous two years I took 3rd place. The lady that has been hanging on to the 1st place finish in the 50-54 age group finally turned 55 so that's probably why I was bumped up to 2nd place. My sister took 3rd place. I know that there were at least 4 people in our age group.

Between the race and the award ceremony we walked to the festival and bought blueberry plants and blueberries. Our blueberry crop at home is yielding lots of blueberries. I picked some on Saturday and last night. There are still lots on the bushes that are ripening. I'm glad I don't have to buy blueberries for a while.

Sunday I ran 7 miles and then in the afternoon went swimming in my friend's pool. It was really nice. I swam laps but did not count them.

Tonight will be a weight workout.

Alisha ~ I'm glad your hand is healing. It does take a while for it to heal. Hope you get a workout in.

Tricia ~ Hope you had a great weekend!

Jane congrats on coming in second place on your race.

I started by lipo laser treatment yesterday. It was very pleasant. Except that afterwards I felt a little woozy. I guess it's the release of fat cells into the bloodstream. I hope that it works. Although my hopes are too terribly high. It was only 150 bucks off of Amazon. Thought I give it a try. My upper arms are the hardest place for me to lose weight. I hate that. The only thing about it, is that you have to exercise and eat right and drink a lot of water. I don't know that I could tell the difference between that and just normal weight loss. Oh well whatever.

Happy Wednesday!

Yesterday was a rest day. I picked more blueberries! Tonight will be a 4 mile run if it doesn't rain. Right now it looks good but they have changed the hourly forecast 3 times already so we'll just have to wait and see. If I can't run, I will do something else.

Alisha ~ Let me know what happens with the lipo laser treatment. The upper arms are a hard place to lose weight. Hope your hand is feeling better.

I had my second lipo laser appointment today. I also did 30 minutes of cycling with my indoor cycle. I'm starting to feel better. My left hand is improving and the scabs are all gone now. I know that's gross:p

Last edited:
I did manage to get my run in yesterday. While we were running we saw a turtle up ahead and he was going at a pretty good pace. I guess she/he felt 3 pair of feet coming after him. When we reached him, she/he tucked himself up in her/his shell until we left.

Here is tonight's workout:

100 Jump Rope
30 Med Ball Elephants
100 Jump Rope
30 Med Ball Ground to Overhead
100 Jump Rope
30 Med Ball Slams
Then
21-15-9
Thrusters
Pull ups

Alisha ~ I'm glad you are feeling better. I don't consider scabs gross, really. I can appreciate a really nice scab.

TGIF!!

Here is tonight's workout:

100 Squats
12 Pushups, 12 KB swings, 200M run

80 Squats
16 pushups, 16 kb swings, 200m run

60 Squats
20 pushups, 20 kb swings, 200m run

40 Squats
24 pushups, 24 kb swings, 200m run

20 Squats
28 pushups, 28 kbs, 200m run

Have a great weekend!

Yesterday I got my third lipo treatment. I noticed that leads on the lipo paddles really hot so on two of them but not all of them. I did some walking yesterday. I plan to do something active this afternoon. I am going to meet some friends for breakfast or a bagel shop, it's a new meet up. I'm going to make some new connections.

Jane I think your workouts are always great.

Last edited:
I have a nasty blood clot in my left leg on top of my shinbone. I'm taking a rest day and I'm taking aspirin to make sure that it doesn't get out of hand. I anticipate this will improve soon. I hope to be back at exercise by Wednesday.

Happy Monday!

On Saturday I took a rest day. I spent most of the day with mom. Yesterday was a 8 mile run. Tonight will be an upper body workout and maybe some abs.

Alisha ~ Take care of that blood clot. I hope your weekend was good.

Jane my weekend was good :)

On Saturday I went to a new meet up that is called Ted talks but it's not associated with the official Ted talks. But rather, we just have roundtable discussions about any topic that we want to discuss that is in-depth and interesting. This last time we were talking about Obamacare it was fun to see the left versus the right side and then those of us that fell in the middle.

This morning I was finally able to do a batch of dishes. My hand has healed. My left leg seems to be much improved. The lump is gone but it is still tender. I plan to try some tai chi for yoga in the morning. I am so pleased that I am now able to exercise again.

Last edited:
Hi ladies!

I'm still around. Sorry I haven't posted in almost 2 weeks! Sheesh! Time just flies!

Glad you two are doing well.

Alisha - I didn't know you started laser lipo treatments. I hope that blood clot is gone too! That can be scary!

Jane - As ever, great job on your workouts!

I'm pretty much stuck where I am as far as my weight goes, but that's okay. I'm not stressing over it and just trying to keep going with the workouts.

I can't believe the Star Trek convention is this Sunday! I'm so excited! I also am playing in a women's scramble golf tournament on Saturday. I met some great ladies this time around in the instructional league. I"m playing regularly on Thursday and Sunday now every week.

Well, the shoulder impingement is gone and has been for about a month. Unfortunately, my knot under my left shoulder blade sprouted up 2 weeks ago and I've been in excruciating pain. I finally emailed my PT and she saw me tonight. I'm back in treatments for that now for a while. Hoping that'll be better soon. Luckily, it doesn't affect any of my physical activities like my golf or weightlifting. Work is brutal though.

Trying to get down to see my mom next weekend with my brother and sister. Her mental state has been deteriorating frighteningly fast.

Not much else going on. I've just not been spending much time online writing much. I've been having a hard time sticking to my workouts lately. Every time I shift from a rotation, I go through this. I keep trying to get up early, but can't. Going to have to just give that up and workout on my non-golf days! lol

Have a great night! Sorry I've been so long in checking in with you two!

Good Morning,

I am going for a 3-4 mile run tonight. I'm not sure what distance yet as it is supposed to be in the high 90's today and very little chance of rain so we may shorten it to 3 miles or so.

Alisha ~ I'm glad you feel better enough to workout again. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed the roundtable discussion on Saturday. Do you guys have a moderator to keep everyone respectful? I would imagine that some people could get quite strident when discussing political issues.

Tricia ~ Welcome Back! We knew you were out there somewhere. I wouldn't stress too much on a rotation. Just keep your eating in check and get as much physical activity as you can. Within the last month or so, I have noticed more belly fat...I guess it's the big M. At least I haven't had any other symptoms yet. So I can't complain.

Keeping your mom, brother and you in my thoughts.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.