Jogglers February 2013

RapidBreath

Cathlete
Apparently, me and potstickers don't mix. Doh:(, I did get on the scale this morning, its good that I did because a 4 lb weight gain is only 4 lbs, that I can get around. This month, I'm focusing on just eating my own home cooked food, my am cardio, and my pm yoga.

Tricia- I hope that you find our new thread.

Jane- How is your owies?

Alisha

TGIF

Here is tonight's workout:

[FONT=&quot]150 Jump Rope OR 100 Jumping Jacks OR 200m Run/Walk[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50 Walking Lunges (each Leg), 50 Swings, 50 Bosu Jumps/Step ups[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]150 Jump Rope OR 100 Jumping Jacks OR 200m Run/Walk[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]40 Walking Lunges (each Leg), 40 Swings, 40 Bosu Jumps/Step ups[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]30 Walking Lunges (each Leg), 30 Swings, 30 Bosu Jumps/Step ups[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]20 Walking Lunges (each Leg), 20 Swings, 20 Bosu Jumps/Step ups[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10 Walking Lunges (each Leg), 10 Swings, 10 Bosu Jumps/Step ups[/FONT]

It will be below freezing tonight so I have to remember to cover the lemon and pomegranate trees. They are budding already.

Alisha ~ You will drop those 4 pounds really quickly. Great plan for this month. The owies are better. My right knee has a pretty bruise and the the road rash is going away quickly. My left knee has a nice big scab on it although the road rash around it is going way. It feels tight from time to time because of the scab but it is healing.

Hi Tricia.

I'm doing step this morning. I plan to do something this afternoon, probably some yoga.

Jane- Great job on your workout, you always kill it! I hope that you are right, and that the pound just fly away. I'm glad that your owies are getting better.

Tricia- Hi!!!

Alisha

Hello ladies! Happy February! So glad January is over! Whew!

Alisha - Good plan to stick to home food! I love potstickers! They are delicious! Steamed dumplings are also a favorite! 4 lbs. will be nothing for you to get past!

Jane - Awesome workout! I hope your trees survived the freeze!

I just finished my workout. Did Cardio Supersets and the February challenge exercises. I do these challenges in group and I always end up dropping them myself while everyone else keeps on. I'm going to stick to this one! February is going to be my month!

Alisha - I'm going to join you in trying to eat more home cooked/prepped food this month, too. I eat junk too much on the weekends and that needs to change if I expect to get this weight back down!

Made another really surprisingly yummy raw meal on Friday! Chopped cauliflower and chopped kale tossed with 1 tsp. of rice vinegar and 1/4 tsp. salt. Set aside and chop 10 brazil nuts into pieces, toss into "rice" with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Not much for ingredients, but a surprising flavor! I had that and a few marinated mushrooms I had leftover from Tuesday.

The Sprout House has some great mixes for Valentine's Day and I think I'm going to order some! I need to get my sprouts going again, but I'm tired of my alfalfa, which is all I've been sprouting, and want to try some new ones! I don't have a lot of room, so I can't really do too many different ones at once until I get a stackable sprouter. I'm hoping I can budget it in to get one soon! They have a new terracotta one that is really pretty and only $45. It would be perfect for not having a lot of space and it wouldn't be an eyesore like so many of the cheaper plastic ones!

Well, I need to shower!

Have a great day today! Check in tomorrow!

Happy Sunday!

I took yesterday as a rest day.

Today was a 12 mile run. It was nice out and I felt good. I didn't fall either! YIPPEE!!

Alisha ~ Hope you had a fun step workout. I bet that will help in dropping the pounds.

Tricia ~ Great job on your workout. The trees survived. Hopefully we won't have any more days below freezing. Tonight it is suppose to be 36 but then it will be getting warmer again. Friday's meal sounded good although I am not a big nut person. I am just a nut! :p

Have a great day!

Last edited:
I also took yesterday as a rest day. I will go for a hike today. Its nice and sunny. I will be spending the day mostly doing home repairs and hauling trash. I will workout tomorrow.

Jane- Great job on your run and workout.

Tricia- Those challenges are always above my head. I hate cheap plastic pots. They are so ugly.

Alisha

Happy Monday!

Here is the workout for tonight.

A Double Tabata - 40 seconds work/10 seconds rest - 4 rounds per station
Push Ups
Sit ups (of choice)
Weighted Squats
Tire Flips
Suitcase Deadlifts

I may have to sub the push ups. I can do them on my toes but sometimes fall to my knees. My knees are still healing so maybe I'll do chest presses instead.

Alisha ~ Enjoy your hike.

I am craving a smoothie right now. I made one yesterday (and Saturday) with Kale, banana, blueberries, peaches, mango and strawberries and some flax seed. It was so frosty and good. Yummy!

Hi Tricia!

Evening ladies!

Sounds like Sunday was a rest day!

Alisha - Hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday! Although, all that cleaning and trash hauling seems like quite the workout in itself!

Jane - You too! I totally love my smoothies! I always make enough to have two, one for breakfast and one at mid-morning! So yummy! Great tabata schedule!

I did work out yesterday. What did I do? Oh, yes! Burn Sets CBS. Ouchie! Oh, and I did my challenge as well. It was 2 sets of 4 spiderman planks and 8 pullups. I like doing the pullups! Tonight I did a Zombie 5K training run. It was darn cold out there even though it said it was 30! It was windy on the water. It still isn't light enough to try the neighborhood by the office since there are no sidewalks. Good thing too! By the time I turned, it was dark. Funny how much nicer people are on the bike path in winter. Only a few hardcore cyclists out. That's probably why. We're the serious ones!

It's clam chowder for dinner tonight. My butt is still cold! lol :eek:

I'm starving too! Pups and kitty are ready to eat as well. Not sure what I'll do tomorrow. I'm staying with XTrain, but I'm totally going to be off schedule with the running. I was going to double up on run days, but with travel time and all the gear I have to take off, it takes too long. I'll see about tomorrow. Maybe I'll tack on one of those bonus 100 rep workouts Cathe added to XTrain. We shall see!

Have a great night!

Yesterday was a rest day too. I just felt bleh. I was sore from working in the yard all day. Today is a hike. I'm dressed, ready to go. One of the siding guys is going to be here at 9:30 am to give us an estimate. I anticipate spending the day doing data entry after he leaves. I want to do some yoga this afternoon.

I have turkey tenderloin to eat for lunch. I just have to cook it. I could also go for a smoothie.

Jane- How are those knees? Are they still itchy? Your smoothie sounds delicious.

Tricia-Great job on your workouts. You are really staying on top of them!!

Alisha

Good Afternoon!

I am doing an upper body weight workout tonight and some abs. I usually take Tuesdays as a rest day but mom's birthday is Thursday so I'm working out today.

Alisha ~ I hope you had a nice hike. I would have taken a rest day after all the work that you did. My knees are healing but still a bit itchy and they burn a little bit as the scabs fall off and the new skin pink skin is revealed. I still have thick scab on my left knee. Pieces have been coming off but I think I'll have it for another week of so. Putting Vitamin E on it has helped.

Tricia ~ Good job on your workouts. We are heading until another warm spell for the next week or so. Yippee! Hopefully it will stay warm this time.

Evening ladies!

Alisha - I agree! You did more than enough with all that yard work! Rest is a good idea! Hope your hike was enjoyable and the estimate was reasonable!

Jane - I should have done upper body today! Glad the knees are healing! I have found coconut oil is good on that too!

I decided on Low Impact Challenge tonight, but was going back and forth between that and XT Bis and Tris. Should have done the weights! I couldn't keep my head in it and kept messing up and then I only got frustrated, but I kept at it hoping I would finally get myself into the workout. I was trying to talk myself out of working out on the way home, but decided I needed to just do it! I just picked wrong! Oh, well, 30 minutes is better than nothing! I finally gave up! I don't have time to start another as Stephen will be home soon and it'll be dinner time for everyone and I'm starving too much to hold off on my own meal any later!

At least I didn't sit on my butt! I wish we were getting a warm spell, but the last time we did, we got horrible winds and rain! I'll wait until summer! We are expecting a possible blizzard on Friday, so that'll mean no run. I'm going out again tomorrow. Hopefully, I won't scare myself again! lol

I'm excited! I got to order a nice terracotta 3-tiered sprouting set. It's really pretty! I also ordered some seeds. Can't wait for them to get here! It's small enough to fit in my loaded kitchen and pretty so it'll look nice out. I think I might have mentioned this before maybe? Anyway, it hasn't shipped yet, but I'll get a picture for you when it gets here! I needed more variety in my seeds. Right now, I only have alfalfa and some chickpeas and I need more variety in my greens.

I ate well today. My green smoothie this morning and leftover at mid-morning, then I had the rest of my brazil nut rice for lunch and a small kale and avocado salad for a snack this afternoon. Dinner will either be salmon and salad or leftover spicy moroccan mussels. Depends on what Stephen's in the mood for when he gets home.

Okay, I'm going to go try not to eat nuts or something and ruin my dinner while I wait! I'll feed the pets in a few minutes. Maybe that will help, too!

Have a great night!

Its so cold out there, its in the 30s. I was too cold to workout first thing. I'm a wuss. I did get my Mom's car to the shop to get the thermostat checked. Its looking like its overheating but its too cold to be overheating. I will be doing data entry, chores, and mid morning one of the shorter Low Impact Challenge premixes, one of the Tummy Trimmer Segments, and a 20 min. yoga segment with Shiva.

Tricia- 30 min. counts! I didn't even think of coconut oil for the scabs. Great job with your healthy eats!

Jane-I'm glad the vit. E has helped. How are your hands? Do you wear gloves for the upper body workout?

Alisha

I am going for a run tonight. It's in the 70's and the sun is trying to come out. It will be warm tomorrow but we are expecting rain.

Tricia ~ A 30 minute workout is better than nothing. At least your body was moving and you had healthy meals. Enjoy your sprouting set! Sorry about the snow coming your way.

Alisha ~ Well..I am a wuss too because I would have done the same thing. My hands are good. My right hand was more beat up but it healed really quickly. I do wear lifting gloves regardless except when doing kettlebell workouts.

Hey there Gals!

Alisha - Hope you managed to get to your workout today! Was your mom's car okay?

Jane - Enjoy your run! Wow, 70s! How nice!

It was at least 37 degrees out tonight, so my run was much nicer! Was going to get Chinese food for dinner, but decided all my hard work deserved a home cooked meal. I figure so long as I try to eat at home most of the time instead of eating out, that will be a huge improvement.

We have been upgraded from a winter storm watch to a blizzard watch for Friday. Problem is we will most likely have to go in to work because there are closings and they're all trying to squeeze in for morning appointments. I hope it all has to get cancelled and we get told to stay home. When we work during storms, they usually don't let us go until it's already nasty out and it makes for a very nerve-wracking drive home. That short commute becomes really long and fast! For over a month, we've hardly had any closings - what lousy timing! Not sure how much we'll get because it can be anywhere from 4" to 24"! Everything depends on the direction of the storm once it gets closer. I'm hoping more for 4", but we'll have to wait and see!

Take care you two! See you tomorrow!

Good Morning!

I missed my run last night because mom was having bad back spasms and I had to go and check on her. She used to get these spasms every once in a while but now they have been coming more frequently. She went to the doctor once but they just gave her meds and some exercises (which she did not do :mad:). So we brought up the exercises again and she seemed more open and then we had her do some. We rubbed her back really good. I just talked to her and she is slept through the night and did not have any back spasms. She is the kind of person that she waits until she is told...you will die if you don't do this. She has gotten her eating under control (sodium, sugar and cholesterol) so this is the next step for her. I wish I could go over there every day and make her do the exercises.

No workout tonight either because it's Mom's 79th Birthday!!! We are going over for dinner and it's not going to be good (well it is but...)..pizza and cake.

Tricia ~ Reading you talk about snow reminds me of school snow days. I remember running to the porch light every couple of hours to see if it was snowing. Usually they would forecast 12 inches and we would end up getting 1 inch. For your safety I hope it either snows 1 inch or enough that work is cancelled and you don't have to go in at all.

Good job on your run. I was bummed that I could not run last night but mom is more important. I will make it up on Friday. My half marathon is next Saturday the 16th in Myrtle Beach. I'm so excited. We used to go to Myrtle Beach regularly because my mom likes to play mini golf and they have over 50 courses but when my dad started declining and then mom got cancer we stopped going. We haven't been there since 2006 so I'm looking forward to it. We are leaving on Thursday and will have all day Friday and all day Saturday after the 1/2 and we will drive back on Sunday. They have great outlets there too. I always loved going there because it was nothing but mini golf and shopping. I have never even seen the beach. We used to have mini golf tournaments. We would play 3 different courses a day and put so much money in the pot and who ever won from the 3-day tournament got all the money. Fun times!

Hi Alisha!

Got to get to work.

I have to take my Mom's car up to a radiator place in Placerville.

Jane- Happy Birthday to Mom!!! Just tell her that everybody has to exercise. Btw, a potassium deficiency (as you know) can cause spasms and is easily fixed with either a banana or adding/using salt substitute in her food (and it won't raise her BP either.) Enjoy your pizza and cake. What is your favorite flavor?

Tricia- I hope that you get a snow day!!

Alisha

Evening ladies!

Alisha - Hope mom's car won't cost too much to fix! I guess this means you didn't get much you time today. :(

Jane - Yes, mom always comes first! I hate back spasms! Glad she was able to sleep through the night! I love Myrtle Beach! :eek::eek:

We did got to the beach, but your mini golf tournament sounds like a lot of fun! I never did much shopping either. It's a beautiful place though!

Enjoy birthday with your mom and tell her Happy Birthday for me! Enjoy the pizza and beer!

I stopped at the grocery for a few things tonight. Wow! Busy, but not too bad. I managed to get everything I was there for. I ended up with another dang headache today! I think it's a pattern. Whenever the weather turns, I get these horrible headaches. No workout tonight. Got home around 6 and put everything away. I did 5 days in a row, so a rest day now should be okay. I'll get right back on it tomorrow. We do have to go in. It's not supposed to get bad until the afternoon, so at least it'll be dress down day! I hope we leave around noon. That's when all the parking bans are taking effect. Sounds like the whole city will be shut down for a few days. Just in time to go back to work on Monday! lol :mad:

Well, I'll check in tomorrow and let you know what time I get home!

Ack! I'm being kitty-attacked and it's not even feeding time yet! Okay, 8 more minutes!

Gotta run!

Take care you two!

Kitty Attacked!! :D I will go for a hike today. Its a bit sunny right now. I will do some yoga this evening before bed. I will workout tomorrow.

Tricia- Taking a day off after 5 days on is perfectly ok. I hope your head feels better. Have you tried a warm compress on the back of your neck? I wonder if that would help.

Jane- Tell Mom Happy Birthday for me!!!

Alisha

Tonight's workout will be a running ladder mixed in with some presses, swings and squat thrusts.

Last night at mom's birthday was good. I enjoyed the pizza and the cake.

Alisha ~ My favorite type of cake is any cake with lots of frosting. I don't like nuts or fruit fillings. We had the bakery put on lots of roses on mom's cake and she loved it. Me too...lots of roses mean more frosting. What is your favorite?

Tricia ~ Hope you stay safe with all that snow. Our NJ office is closed today. Taking a day off after working out for 5 days is perfectly acceptable. Hope your head feel better today.

I need a rest day. I will be spending it doing household repairs. I will workout tomorrow.

Jane- I like a chocolate cake myself.

Tricia- How is the weather? Are you ok?

Alisha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.