January 10 Check in Weekend 30th/31rst*****

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Big day today..We have Chris' birthday party today. There are a few flurries floating around out there this morning as I took the dog out. I am praying we don't get enough snow to cancel. You all are probably right about not cleaning. Vic even said I shouldn't bother. But, I just can't stand having guests at the house knowing I didn't clean. It probably won't be too bad. I will have to reclean certain rooms. But, I won't have to do as much as I did yesterday. Today I just have to put the cake topper on and get the food ready. Oh and make sure the kids clean there rooms and didn't mess up the bathrooms!

I am going to get my workout in this morning. I have Pure Strength triceps, chest & shoulders to do and since that one is pretty short at around 40 minutes I think. I am going to add the pyramid Hiit workout. Maybe.. because my legs are feeling the DOMS from the leg workout on Thursday. I was feeling it yesterday and now some this morning..

Ok, time to start this day!!

Good morning!! Kathy, you do have a big day ahead and good for you for getting in a great workout with all that going on! I hope it's a lot of fun (and not cancelled due to weather!!). I know what you mean about cleaning..... though I can be much more relaxed about it depending on what guests are coming. We have people coming for dinner tonight and I will get the place in order but not super anal about it.

I'm feeling better today! Got PUB in, and that's with the boys having a sleepover here! We just have one extra 5th grader who is very polite and nice, but of course my boys fight for his attention. So annoying.... last night i vowed that we'd never have another sleepover.....

Ok, kind of busy for me, too. Have to clean up the house some, as mentioned, and get Dylan to a birthday party. I bought the present yesterday in such a hurry I grabbed the wrong thing, so we first have to take care of that!! I'm hoping to have time to get to the lululemon store for a new hat for skiing. Have a great day!!

Hey Guys,...

Quickie check in for now, I'll try to get back.

it's a busy day, did the papers, flew Jake to his First Confession (Alex and Zach stayed home with Greg sleeping, which I was very grateful for, to be terribly honest with you), now home and cleaning and cooking.

My sitter bailed on us, she's sick. So I have the older woman staying over, and she has NO clue about Zach's blood sugars, etc. So she'll wake Zach up to check them on his own. It makes me anxious. But it's what I must deal with... *sigh*

Sorry it's an "all about me" post, i'll try to get back when I get a break from cleaning, and before my nap.

HI ladies..

Getting ready to head to church soon. Rest day today for me....

Chris' party was a big hit yesterday. He said it was the best time ever! I think I quoted him on that. Anyway, it did snow most of the day yesterday. But, everyone lived close by and everyone showed up to celebrate with him...I made pizza and they had chips, cake and ice cream and played lots of games...Luckily, not too much recleaning and Vic helped me do some of it...

Beth: Glad you are feeling better. Hope that is still how you feel today..

Chris: How did your sitter work out? Hope it went well. Yeah for First Confession....I would have opted to let the others stay home too. Less hassle!!

Ok, time to get ready for church!!

Oh forgot to mention..I haven't decided on my workouts for next week. But, I was leaning toward Slow & heavy since the week after next we will be in Disney. I thought I would use that week as a recovery week kinda like with the STS...I will do alot of walking and maybe some cardio in the hotel. But, it usually isn't the best place for weights...

Good morning! Yesterday completely got away from me.... more on that later.

First -- Kathy, I'm glad the party was a hit! What kind of games did they play -- did you organize party games, or board games, or ??? And Chris, how did last night work out with the alternate babysitter? I'm sure it was stressful for you to be at work with that in the back of your mind. Seems like you need to be finding a good replacement for the one who is having the baby so you don't worry so much. I hope it all worked out ok!!

I was feeling pretty good yesterday! Did that crazy run through the forest, and then, well the day just went crazy. When the dad came to pick up the boy, he brought along the boy's twin sister, and the four kids (my two and the twins) went into the woods alone. None of the adults were all that concerned, but then it was getting close to time to take Dylan to the birthday party. So, I sent the dads out to look for them. All was fine, except that Travis had led them off the path and I think it was scary and I think they fell and everyone was really hating Travis at that point. They walked into the house and said "I wish Travis would die." Oh wow, it's awful to hear that said about your kid!! Travis didn't come back and I didn't want to leave for the party without knowing he was safe. He finally showed up, feeling just horrible about it. He knew they weren't happy with him. By then the twins had left. Anyway, just an awful ending on what should have been fun.

Took Dylan to the party and Larry called me asking if he could leave Travis home alone while he ran to home depot. From the sound of it, he would be home long before I would, but then Travis kept calling me so I was worried about him again. I finally ended up home before Larry so then I got to worry something had happened to him! Turns out there was a really bad accident on the freeway, traffic was backed up, but the next thing I know Larry is first one on the scene! There was a horrific accident and lots of people just went by it without even stopping!!! Crazy. A truck had t-boned a sedan at full speed and completely compacted it, but Larry said it was just a miracle because other than some broken bones, the people in the sedan seemed ok. They were all going into shock, of course. Larry did the best he could, waited for the professionals, and then came home.

The next thing on our agenda was having a family over to dinner, and that was a lot of fun, but wow, we just don't stay up late like other people do. They were here until after 11:00. So, after all that, I'm not feeling so great again today. It's after 9:00 and I haven't even worked out!! That's crazy. I will -- I may do something a little easier, and I need to feel a little more settled first, but I will.

Kathy, s&h sounds good for the week before vacation. I guess I will be gone skiing about the same time you're gone! Well, no, the week after I guess. I am sore in the biceps from pub yesterday! Not really anywhere else, funny enough -- since biceps are last I felt like that was the place where I really had to back off the weights and went much lighter than Cathe, but that's what's sore....

hope everyone has good day and muddled through my long post ok!!

Hey Beth: The games were ones that I got ideas from off the internet. To get them settled and warmed up to each other( some didn't know each other)we started with a game called HA...You go around the room and each kid adds a ha on to the previous ha and all the kids have to keep from laughing. You just keep going until they all laugh. Then we played a game called shoveling snow which was appropriate since it snowed yesterday. We put vaseline on all the kids noses. Then they had to pick up cotton balls without using there hands by picking them up with the vaseline on their noses..That was a good one. we also played relay races were they raced on hands and knees since we were inside. Then we played the progressive story where each kid adds to the story as we go and that story ended with them heading upstairs for cake and ice cream...

Hope you get some rest today and feel better..We are not stay up late like that people either. We are usually in bed at 11:00pm..PUB always leaves me sore. I usually get it in my chest.

Those games sound like fun! Very clever.

I ended up doing hiit 30-30 -- I liked it! I was pretty winded! Then I did a little bit of BBL cardio axe because I just wanted to and Dylan said "why are you smiling so much?" when he saw me doing it. And, now we are just back from another hour long hike in the woods! I'm pooped!!

Hey Girls!!

I'm trying to motivate myself to put together subs for supper. I miss our Sunday take-out days!

Had a great night at work! One of the girls is going per diem, and last night was her last REAL night, so everyone brought snacks. It was an all night graze and munch! But by morning I felt horribly crappy. SOOOO tired. I drove home with the windows wide open (it's 9 degrees out!) and the radio blaring and me singing at the top of my lungs to keep awake! Every time the car got warm, i'd start to get VERy sleepy. Kind of scary!!

My boys survived the sitter last night. Thankfully. I was worried, and she did actually end up over sleeping for the 4am sugar check, but his blood sugar was ok. Today she brought the 2 younger ones to the Childrens Museum, and I gave her $20 for Mickey D's, expecting change. They spent the ENTIRE $20 on food! Those boys, I could kill them! $20 for 2 kids??? They pigged!!

Kathy: The party sounds so fun! I'm happy Chris had the best party ever! That must make you happy. The games are wild!! My boys would love stuff like that. .. S&H sounds great! I'm pretty sure I'm gong back to 4DS this week. Oh, Cathe should be putting out a new rotation this week too! YAY!

Beth: Holy SHIT, what a crazy day yesterday!!! Just everything seemed wild! Glad you're all ok (except of being wiped out)> Is Travis ok today? The poor kid! .. NICE workouts! SO you love that BLL, huh? Smiling during a workout? Unheard of! LOL!

Gotta go, and start kitchen duty... :(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.