January 10 Check in Weekend 23rd/24th*****

Kathy36

Cathlete
Happy Weekend!!!!

Getting us started today...Workout for me is going to be High Step Training....Then we have choir practice and singing at mass tonight. Chris is getting ready to head to baseball camp with Vic while I clean the house and workout..

Ok, Talk to you later...

Good Morning, Kathy! Have fun with your workout today! You're picking some goodies!! It's fun to revisit these workouts, isn't it?

And Happy Weekend, for those who celebrate it ;)

My shoulders and lats are KILLING me this morning. All night, I could feel the DOMS setting in my entire arms (from biceps, triceps, shoulders yesterday). Guess I got those shoulders in good!

Not sure what I will do today for a workout. Planning on finding a 30 minute cardio to squeeze in. I'd like to do Step. Maybe I'll try the entire HIS, I was enjoying that yesterday. or maybe will go with KCM's Cardio Blast Step (or whatever you call it).

I have usual cooking and cleaning to do for the weekend. Our pregnant sitter is done with Sundays now. She wanted to take tomorrow off, and next Sunday is her shower. So we have our previous sitter woman coming tomorrow. She's older and kind of a "busy body", always talking about other people, always giving raising children "advice", always on the phone talking to and about other people. I just need her to referee the boys fights so they don't kill themselves! LOL!

Gotta get to delivering papers... BBL!

Good morning people, and yes, happy weekend for those of us who celebrate! Otherwise, OSIS! ;)

Kathy is picking out some goodies! I almost did some B of B&G this morning following in Kathy's footsteps. My plan was to add it on after meso 3 week 4 plyo legs, but guess what?! I just couldn't face any more leg work at that point!! I did add on Sq Stronger waist work.

Chris, yowsa on the doms! I am really feeling my chest this morning. As usual, not so much the back! So hard to work the back, but oh my gosh this just reminds me!!! I had the funniest dream the night before last -- in anticipation of my double back work, I had a dream that I caught site of my back in a mirror and it was huge and gross -- like Arnold's back on me! So crazy!!!

Hottie, let's here more details about your dinner, please!

It rained so hard in the night here -- after the big hailstorm yesterday (which was really fun!!) -- and now the sun is out with some wispy fog and it's just absolutely beautiful! We are headed to the bball tournament in a little while to help in the snack shake. Oh boy. I think we have dinner guests both tonight and tomorrow night, so somehow I have to find time to clean!!! Have a great day!

Beth: We had hail here yesterday too. I am glad that you have some sun to dry up all that water. Hope it lasts. Have fun at the tournament and snack bar! I like to do different workouts. That is why I like to make up my own thing sometimes....

Chris: I can imagine your sore muscles after your marathon of a workout yesterday. Have a good work night tonight...

Ok, finished with HSTA...NOw it is time for lunch and a shower....I was taking time after the workout to think about next week. I am going to do the pure strength series next week...This is what I planned:

Monday: Step Moves
Tuesday: Pure Strength back and biceps ( I think it is grouped like that)
Wednesday: MMA: Kickboxing (maybe add something on to this)
Thursday: Pure Strength Legs
Friday: something of the classics DVD like Step Jam
Saturday: Pure Strength triceps, shoulders and chest
Sunday: rest

That is what I am thinking. I may throw in some Hiit workouts on those upper body days. I think those workouts were only like 40 minutes or something...

all of you should be happy I don't have your cell phones. you may have been attacked by my drunk dialing personality. We had our langham retry dinner last night and it was awesome. We did the wine pairing with less food and wowee, I couldn't believe how it just elevated everything. we got to meet the chef and everything -- uber cool, we were there for almost four hours. I'll write more specifically later but just wanted to pop in and say hi! I do NOT have a hangover thankfully so I'll be able to do a workout when I can figure out what that'll be...

Hi again...

After newspapers, I came home and RAN downstairs to get my 30 minutes in before I got the boys lunch and threw stuff in the crockpot for dinner tonight. Funny how I had step in my brain, but when I got there, I decided on 4DS KB. I had done the warm up from this earlier in the week for leg weights, and I was liking it then. Gosh, that workout gets ya good all of a sudden! It's like BAM, jack your HR up NOW and KEEP it there! :eek: It was fun. And I like the standing core work at the end, feels like I got some core in since i didn't have the time for a formal core workout.

Kathy: Nice job today. it is fun to do your own rotations and throw stuff in that you haven't done in a while. Nice set up for next week! I think I'm going to stick with alternating weeks of GS and 4DS. So I'm on a GS week. I stole Fitness Freaks mish mosh GS weight work so this is how it goes:

MON: Gym Style Chest & Triceps Superset premix - Do all the way through and then repeat
TUES: MMA Fusion + Ab work
WED: Gym Style Standing Legs only; Floorwork from Pyramid Lower Body
THURS: Athletic Step plus Abs
FRIDAY: Gym Style Shoulders & Biceps; + a cardio (to make up for missing saturday cardio)
SAT & SUN: Rest

Thanks for the well wishes for work tonight, Kathy! I hope so!!!! I still need to put up my bulletin board.

Beth: Oh I could NEVER add on to plyo legs! LOL!. You nut you!... Did you have piles of ice balls from the hail yesterday? Your day today sounds awesome.. I can just see it! LOL @ your Arnold back dream!! I had some WACKY dreams last night too. Just so vivid, and weird. can't even remember what they were about, except they were STRANGE.

Hottie
: Your dinner sounds AWESOME! More wine than food is sometimes the way to go. Glad you had a fun night out with Joe. And yes, do tell us what you ate and drank, so I can live vicariously through you!

Back to slaving in the kitchen and cleaning...

Just noticed I'm missing back next week (it's from trying to reorganize so I don't have a workout on Sat). Will have to add that in somewhere... Maybe on a cardio day...

Hottie, how is it you are not hungover?! I must be such a lightweight.... I very easily feel it the next day. Glad you had a good time -- sounds really fun! And, yeah, I'm right there with Chris living vicariously through you.

Chris, isn't GS back/shoulders/biceps together? You don't want to do it that way?

The hail was mostly gone by this morning, though the stuff on the hot tub lid transformed and really looked like snow. I was so surprised to not see snow higher up after the rain in the night -- it feels like it's cold enough! I do hope to get pics up on fb -- it looked so cool. The kids were taking a saucer down our driveway and we even have a movie of that. All you people who live in snow will think it's ridiculous probably, but boy we had a blast! :D

I may not be hungover but I couldn't really do much of a workout. I tried to get into a couple things but nothing was working for me. Just couldn't get my heart into it. I ended up doing MMA Kickbox minus the core conditioning because Joe came home. I ended up doing a bunch of low intensity stuff for about an hour I guess in the end so at least I did something. I'm cleaning up since we sorta threw all this crap around the house and joe made a mess when he stumbled into the house last night. I have the menu that Joe and I had on FB if you're interested! I will write more when I'm less cranky! I envy all of your workouts today! They all sound great!

Where is everyone today? Hope you all are doing well...

I got my grocery shopping doing this morning. Today is a rest day for me and I did some laundry and ironing. Then I watched a movie and now it is time to read...

Talk to everyone later..

Quick "Hi"..

Cooking at home on Sunday for supper really saps my computer time. Had a pretty nice night at work last night....hoping for another!!!

See you tomorrow !!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.