January 10 Check in Wednesday 27th*****

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Today is Chris' birthday..He is 10 years old today. I can't believe my baby is 10/ Anyway, we are having a big party for him on Saturday. Today I will probably make him a chocolate chip cookie cake for celebrating today..

My workout will be later and I plan to do MMA Kickboxing....

Be back later..

Awwwww.... Happy Birthday to your NEW 10 year old! 10 is a big birthday!! Hope he has the best day ever. Are you doing a party/friends thing for him? Enjoy MMA: KB and the cake too! ;)

As for me, it's a wiped out day for me today. I slept shitty , worried about Zach's blood sugar, even having bad dreams about them!, and feel very weary this morning. Not sure how GS Leg standing portion and PLB Floor portion is going to go, but I'll give it a try!

Beth: Interesting about P90X. I know Debbie (fitnessfreak) tried doing it, and stopped abotu 4 weeks early, because she was bored doing the same workouts. She LIKED the workouts, but it got boring for her. I can see that happening to me too. I like variety and I like to be able to change up my workouts (like choosing different cardios) when I get a whim to. But then there are others who love it. Tony never bothered me either. In fact, I kind of like him. He reminds me , in a way , of one of my brothers. He amuses me, and I laugh at his stupid jokes, always!

Almost time for the bus!

Chris: Thanks for the birthday wishes. He has been getting calls all morning from family..Yes, he is having a friend party on Saturday. Hopefully it wont snow and ruin it! Tonight we are just going to sing to him with a brownie cake. Hope you get some rest and feel better. I hate having nights with bad dreams. Good luck with your workout...

Good morning and happy birthday to Chris!! Big day for you, Mom-Kathy! :) I hope you guys have a fun celebration!!

Chris, you always have the cutest little pictures -- loved the bus this morning. Sorry to hear you slept so badly -- I hate it when something is on my mind so much that I'm dreaming about it!! Good luck with the workout.

Ok, I had a slight change in plans for today..... I can't believe it, but I ended up doing BBL Bum Bum again!!! (by the way, it's pronounced "boom boom"). Since the early days of owning only one (the first firm) workout, I've never done a workout twice in one week, that I can recall anyway. I guess thats something!! It's short, so I did some good stretching afterward. I worked up quite a sweat with it!! It's really a calorie burner!

I've got to get everyone going here, so I'll keep this short....

Hey again,

TOTAL change of plans! I went over to OD and saw a posting on Butts & Guts, and suddenly felt a change of heart. I really really like that workout for legs, and decided to do the leg portion only (no guts).

I went downstairs and started it. It made my head feel WORSE. Dizzy and pounding. I kept saying "one more exercise". And talked myself into doing all the standing work (which I truly would have enjoyed if my head wasn't spinning!). I did the stretch, which felt great. Yesterday I got a new yoga workout at Walmart. I had heard Biggest Loser Yoga was a good one, and it was only $7.95, so I got it! I decided to try a bit of it. The warm up was easy peasy. But the next section (15 minutes), was TOUGH! My legs were quivering! It's led by Bob, who I liked, and has a bunch of the BL contestants in it, including Ally and Michelle. I can see doing this for a WORKOUT one day (it has 2 or 3 more sections). Seriously, I was quivering AND sweating! But they werent' complicated moves, I'm not a complicated Yoga gal.

So that's it for me today. My head feels crappy, lightheaded and foggy. But , hey, the stomach pain is gone today! (had it ALL day yesterday!). *sigh*. SOrry for whining so much :eek:

Beth: OMG, I totally LOL at "Bum Bum". I don't care how it's pronounced, it SAYS BUM BUM! (And I live in a house full of boys, so my mind just goes there now!). Too funny. glad you liked it. Is it cardio and butt moves? How many workouts in the whole series?.. It must be good if you felt like doing it again, though. Says alot!

Kathy: Is the party on Saturday outside? I'm glad Chris is having a good day so far! Are you giving him a break from classwork? OMG, a BROWNIE cake..YUM YUM! (not to be confused with BUM BUM! :p). I usually make Greg a big chocolatey brownie cake for Valentine's Day and get his favorite Black Raspberry ice cream to go on top. It's coming soon!

I don't know what I'm going to do today. Ihate to have a complete down day and get nothing accomplished. but , oy, my head feels like crapola.

We'll see.... BBL!

Hi ladies!!

Kathy, happy birthday to Chris!! It was always bittersweet for me when the boys turned 10. It's like, wow, double digits!! Enjoy the celebration and cake.

Chris, sorry you had such a crappy night. It's horrible to start out the day that way. Hopefully GS legs and PLB floor will help. What a great comment from your boys!! The thing is, kids are always honest about that stuff, so you know he meant it! Caitlyn, on the other hand, told me the other night that I was a "little bit chubby". She saw my face when she said it and then said, "oh no, I mean, Tully, she's a little be chubby, yea, right, Tully". ;) OK, nice try! I have to admit, it was cute, though.

Beth - stop!! I'm covering my ears (eyes)! I'm so trying not to buy anything, but you're really tempting me with this Bum Bum talk!! ;) JK - I know I'll buy it eventually.

Hottie, hope all is well.

Today I needed a fun workout so I did Amy's Kickbox Surge. Love the first three combos, but then it drags a bit. But, I finished and it was a good workout. Tomorrow I think I'll do the next STS leg workout and the next day maybe try Insanity Upper body.

Have a nice day all...

Joanne

Chris, I owe you, or you owe me a beer!! Butts & Guts is definitely a better choice if you're not feeling into working out - a bit more upbeat or something. Sounds like you need a rest day or two. Maybe try to take a nice long nap? Oh, that yoga workout sounds good. So, if I have no flexibility or yoga experience, would I be able to do it? Too funny - YUM YUM - Bum Bum!! Isn't it sad that I look forward to family member's birthdays because of the cakes they request? Colin always wants chocolate/chocolate anything and Jameson wants lemon. Love them both!

Thanks again ladies
thankyou.gif
...Chris is enjoying his day. He got his birthday meal of McDonalds. Vic took him last night...He was so happy!!

Chris: It is an inside party. Too cold usually for outside and it is suppose to snow
2023.gif
here on Saturday. Hoping that doesn't happen.. I have some games for them to play and I am going to make pizza and serve chips. Then have a cake and ice cream. I bought one of those edible cake toppers. It has snoppy on it (which he loves the peanuts)...He also did school lessons today. Since we are going to Florida for a week next month, I figured that we would have our break then...Sorry you didn't enjoy the workout with the dizzyness. Hope you are better! Hugs to you..
toyou.gif

Beth: Glad you are enjoying your new workout. I have some that I like so much I would like to do again. But, I usually make myself pick something different since I have soooooo many of them..

Joanne: Yup! That is what we were telling him today that he is now double digits..Is that a newer Amy workout? Not sure if I have heard of it..How long is it? I am usually not fond of her kickboxing stuff...There was one of the newer ones I didn't like at all. I think it was Rumble. Do you have that one? Chris is having a chocolate cake on Saturday and the brownie tonight. Yum!!

Kathy, yes, this is a newer Amy workout. Not sure how old, maybe a year or so? It's almost an hour of cardio including the warmup. There's also a core workout on it, but I don't think I've ever done it. I have Rumble, but have never done it cause I heard too many not good things about it. I think this one is much different. Kind of a kickboxing hi/lo mix. The music is great - some familiar tunes, which I can't think of right now of course!

Is it Friday yet??? Looking forward to the weekend already.

Joanne

Yes! Joanne, you owe me one! (of my choice?). Right now I'm thinking something with a kick.

My day never really got better. I tried to go out, because I hated to stay home all day and probably end up eating crap to make myself feel better. So I went to TJ Maxx and got Zach some jeans. I can't even believe , he's outgrown the 16 jeans, and now it's looking like I have to get him MENS jeans. I picked him up some 29x30 Levis. The 29 is a little big around the waste, but he likes the length. ("I don't want to put up my leg and have my sock show"). So that was my "out" today.

Came home, and decided to watch some TV, lay on the couch, and doze. Which I did , for about 30 minutes. Didn't make me feel better. I've graduated to pressure behind my right eye, kind of like a headache, but not quite. *sigh*

hey, at least it didn't happen on Thursday, when Greg has off, and it didn't happen when I have to go to work, right?

Joanne: Kids are funny with what comes out of their mouths sometimes. OMG, not the words I'd have wanted to hear from Caitlyn, it is awfully cute! How is she doing this week? Is she all better? Did anyone else end up getting sick?.... Is that Amy's kickbox surge in a gym with 2 other people with a boxing ring in the back? I think I wanted that one! It looked cool and got good reviews from other people. I have a $25 Amazon GC burning a hole in my pocket! :)... The parts I did of the BL Yoga were very simple moves. It was just he HELD them for so long, and it made my legs (even my arms!) tremble/ache. Moves like Warrior 1 and 2 . And the Triangle Pose. Nothing more than Cathe does in her stretches. I only did the first part though. i think there are 2 more parts, that supposedly get harder. But the price isn't too bad. And they do have people showing modifications too. (Bernie , remember him?). It's kind of fun doing the yoga with these people that I've seen on the BL, too. LOL! I never thought i'd like it! Now I'm almost curious as to what the "last chance workout" is like. I kind of thought that the BL workouts were for beginners/intermediates.

Kathy: That party (AND all the goodies) sound like fun for Chris' party on Saturday. I agree with Joanne, I look forward to other's bdays for the cake too! LOL!..

Beth: Hope you're having a good afternoon!

Hottie: Miss ya!!!

Chris, this is the Amy video:

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/cia-2901-amy-bento-kickbox-surge-and-core-training-5674

Yes, I do have the new Tracey kickboxing (are you surprised?? ;)) I did like it. It got some rave reviews on VF - I really liked it, but wasn't blown away like some seemed to be. The best parts were with the Josef guy and Jericho, I think her name is. They rotate doing segments.

Sorry you are still feeling icky. Tomorrow is a new day, right?! I know on the jeans. Jameson and Ian are ready to move on to 16's. Then I guess it's men's sizes, right? Yikes! Their feet are already bigger than mine and I'm a size 10 shoe. Caitlyn is doing fine - once she started the antibiotic she was much better. Ian did get a sore throat. I don't know if it was strep or not, but the dr. was nice enough to give us a prescription over the phone. He was thrilled to be old enough to get pills instead of the pink stuff. He's fine now too. I hope it stopped with him!

I wish I could just snap my fingers and be home. It's so cold out I'm dreading the walk to the train. And, I forgot my ipod, which makes it worse! Oh well, better bite the bullet!

Have a good night all!

Joanne

Hey -- bet I'm too late for everyone.... just home after a very very hectic day. Not a moment to breath it felt like. Just back from another losing basketball game, but at the end of it all the boys were jumping up and down and cheering. Turns out one of the boys asked the coach if they could have a party if they got to 20, and they got to 20 in the last minute. The first half was pathetic -- it was something like 40ish to 3 for a long time, and all three of those were foul shots. So, all in all, they played pretty well in the second half! This is the first game where they actually got to 20.

Chris, sorry you didn't feel well today -- I have felt sort of dizzy / light-headed all day. Odd... and it's not because of a lack of calories or anything! :(

You guys are too funny with the Bum Bum Yum Yum Yum Bum Bum Yum talk. :D Joanne, I know I can always count on you to buy as much as I do! ;) Let me see... I think there are maybe seven workouts ? -- but I think one is a short abs thing. Bum Bum is an interesting combination of butt /leg work that is very cardio-intensive. It's really a unique workout, I think. There is a Bum Bum Live and Bum Bum Rapido which I haven't even previewed -- I'm sort of afraid of them, I think. :eek:

I am so fried. Tomorrow is a recovery day for me, and while I try to do yoga or something light like that, I may just sleep in (that's what I did last week, as I recall!). I'm just so tired.....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.