January 10 Check in Tuesday 26th*****

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Today is going to be Pure Strength back and biceps for me. I think that one is a short one. So, I was thinking I may add on one of the Hiit workouts as well...

Not too much to do today. After school lessons, Lauren has drawing lessons.

Ok, be back later...

2.gif

Good Morning!

So I just canceled my GYN appt. I didn't have the pain all weekend. At ALL. If it comes back, I'll make another appt. I'm thinking maybe the cyst I had "burst"? Or slowly leaked? Anyhow, its gone and if comes back , I'll deal with it.

This frees up the afternoon bigtime. YAY!
12.gif

I'm having some nice DOMS in my chest and triceps already from yesterdays double GS supersets. Today I'm planning on a Shock Cardio I haven't done yet. MMA: Fusion. And then a longer ab workout, maybe Ab Circuit Stability Ball. Or maybe do one from Core Max.

Kathy: let us know how PS is today. I kind of forget those workouts. Are they tough? Is it a heavy weight or endurance workout?

6.gif
to Beth, Joanne and Hottie when you get here!

Chris: Glad you are feeling better. Hoping the pain doesn't come back..Pure Strength is a heavy weight workout I am pretty sure. I will let you know after I do it. I tend to find that the endurance workouts are usually a little tougher with all the reps even though the heavy weight came be tough too. Make sense? Anyway, enjoy the fusion and ab workout. I imagine you are pretty sore doing a doubleGS superset. That one is tough without doing it 2 times...

Hey girls. Happy Tuesday. Is it Tuesday?! :p

Chris, I was going to tell you that you should keep your appt.! But, I'm so glad you are feeling better. I guess it did take care of itself, whatever it was. Probably fine that you cancelled, actually, and it sounded like it was going to be a logistic pain to keep it.

Let us know how you like fusion -- I liked it, as I recall! Funny, while I was showering I was thinking about what cardio I might do tomorrow and I thought about fusion.

I did shoulders and core today -- P90X shoulder work first, then 4DS. I think I'll have some doms, though I'm not feeling much from the bi/tri work I did.

I am off to the dentist this morning -- what fun! ;)

Waves!

Crap. I think I still have the pain. I don't know. I felt it during my workout, and now it's hurting a little. Not near as bad as it was last week. Maybe I should call and try to re book the appt. Maybe I'll just see how the day goes. I sometimes wonder if it's my imagination too. I think it could be my lower back?

So I did do MMA: Fusion! I liked it a LOT!!! Although one of the combos I had trouble doing, and I thought I wouldn't like it (I think the second combo, where you have to kick your back leg through to the front? that could be the second blast. I could NOT do that kick)> But the 3rd combo was a ton of fun, and the ab work was fun too! I added on Med Ball Abs (no partner though, just the first half), since I had the med ball out.

Kathy: I find the endurance weight work harder too , but it's the heavy weight work that gives me visable results, I swear. My arms are still looking pretty nicely defined , maybe even a little more, since the second round of STS.

Beth: I think you may be right about my gyn appt. *sigh*. I should have consulted you first! LOL!. I don't know. I'm confused. .... That's a lot of shoulder work! The 4DS shoulders gave me pretty good DOMS last week. THAT is what ended up being the sorest on Saturday! .. How was the P90X shoulder stuff? As hard as STS or 4DS?

Sitting her wondering if my pain is there or not.

Hottie, Hope everything is ok there! You didn't check in yesterday!

Hi girls!

Chris, I was going to tell you to keep the appt., too! If you would have kept it, the pain probably wouldn't have come back! ;) That's how things usually work out for me, anyway. Maybe wait another day or so and see how it is and call again? I should try MMA Fusion, it's gotten such mixed reviews.

Beth, that's some tough weight work you are doing! How do you like P90X? I saw you posted about getting BBL! I've been so tempted by that, but am afraid of the taunting I'll get at home when it arrives and DH sees the name! Oh yea, the boys, too. It was pretty funny at dinner one time, somehow they started mocking me about all my workouts and were making up names for them. You can imagine what 12 and 13 year olds came up with!

Hottie, hope all is OK - I saw your FB posts and hope everything is OK.

Kathy, I think PS is pretty short, too. Go for the HiiT, too. ;)

I didn't workout this morning. Stayed up too late watching the Bachelor. :( Why do I waste my time?? Thinking about running on the treadmill, but probably won't go - I don't know.

Weekend was good - we went out for Mexican with some friends. Wow, awesome margaritas! They actually squeezed fresh limes for each pitcher. Very potent. I only had one and a half and knew I was done. I think the food was good. ;) It was fun to catch up with some people used to hang out with all the time pre-kids, but haven't seen in a long time. Then a soccer game Saturday. Colin's team tied 2-2, which was great after last week's 13-0 loss.

Yesterday I did Patrick Goudeau's Hard Work Conditioning 24/7. Wow! What a tough workout!

Have to run...

Joanne

HI ladies..

Finished PS Back, Biceps and abs. I added Hiit 40/20 and it was just as tough the 2nd time...HAHA Glad I added it though. I feel good!! Getting ready to take Lauren to drawing lessons. Just finishing up my yogurt/protein shake...

Joanne: Yum! I haven't had a margarita in a long while. You are making me want one. I gotta get Vic to take me to a Mexican restaurant!! We don't hang out with anyone we used to hang out with either. For one thing we lived in Florida pre Lauren..HAHA But even before that, our friends changed. The ones without kids didn't really hang out anymore. I guess I can understand. Interests are different after kids...

Chris: Sorry to hear that pain is back...I was going to say the same thing as Joanne. If you would have kept it, then you would have pain free at the appt. That usually happens to me..I had trouble with the part of Fusion too. I gotta do it again...Tomorrow I am going to try the MMA Kickboxing again. I have only done that one once..

Beth: Vic was at the Dentist today too. He had a cavity....

Talk to you later..

Hey again,

Well, the pain has been there all day. I didn't call my gyn, I guess I'll wait a few days or maybe until next week. I truly think it's a cyst. it's the SAME pain (but more intense) as the pain I was getting when I was told I had a "little cyst on my ovary". And they don't do anything for a it. I keep going back and forth! Ugh!

Joanne: MMA Fusion was different. Hard in some respects (some of the moves) , but the punching and grabbing and striking really outweighs the moves I couldn't do. I'm anxious for you to try it and tell me what you think! ... Your Mexican dinner out sounded fun, it's a blast to catch up with old friends. Patrick Goudreau workout sounds tough! I've tried one or two of his step workouts and they were way too hard choreography than i could do, so I never got into him. ... I watched the Bachelor too. Jake is too perfect, except why do they always pick the psychos??? It's annoying. Especially since HE himself was warning JILLIAN about Wes last season, and she wouldn't listen. So, you'd think the little light bulb would go off. Duh! But he is very nice and nice to look at, so I can't be mad at him for long ;)

Kathy
: Nice workouts today!!!! 40/20 is soo hard!! But yes, you always feel great after you've done it. ... Glad to hear I'm not the only one with trouble with that kick. I almost went back to work on it more, but I'll do it again soon. I've only done MMA: KB once too! But I think I may go back and do the one of the step workouts on Thursday...

Zach backed out of his paper route tonight. Said he'd pay his dad $5 to do it. And Greg said he'd do it. Whatever I guess. I just hate that it's HIS job. But $5 is alot of money, he can't do it often! (I'd have charged him 10!)

But I can't be totally mad at Zach. He saw the Jillian book on the table and said to me, "Are you serious? You actually got this book? For what? You're alreaady skinny, you don't need it". :) Sometimes that's just nice to hear, ya know?

Chris, nice comment spurred on by the book! Sorry the pain is back -- yeah, maybe wait and see -- it's so hard to know what to do with those kinds of things!!

I had trouble with one of the fusion things too and I'm sure it must have been the same one as you guys. I can't remember how I modified or what I did.

Kathy, you got a good workout in! Oh, and Joanne, I just bought my first Patrick's, and that's one of them -- I'm anxious to try it soon, but it probably won't be for a couple of weeks. We may go out for mexican on Friday. Good margaritas are really good, but I did have a hangover last time we had some -- I seemed to be the only one of the crowd!

Oh, p.s. I forgot to comment on BBL. Yes, I do have some doms from it -- not horribly painful, just good. And as someone on one of the threads mentioned, for some reason just doing the exercise seems to make you want to activate your glutes more all day long. Joanne, Larry took one look at the cover and said if it makes me look like that he would buy me a thousand of them. :eek:

And I like the P90X workouts I've done -- they move quickly and I don't think Tony is nearly as obnoxious as I've heard he could be. I know I couldn't do a whole rotation of him, but I can see mixing them in.

What a great comment Chris!! Give him a special treat for that one. My son said something similar to Vic once and I heard him and had to come give him kisses all over his face! Feel better...Hugs to you!!!

Beth: So, you are going to like P90X? I have never tried it. Is it similar to STS? That is what I have heard..

Kathy, to me P90X is not really at all like STS, because to me, STS is a big program with lots of variety and a obvious way of following it. To me, P90X is just another set of dvds that can be put into the mix. There just isn't the variety at all. I know they have been compared a lot, but to me it's apples and oranges. I do think I will like throwing some of them into the mix here and there.

Thanks for letting me know, Beth. I have heard alot of talk/ posts about them being similar or comparing them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.