January 10 Check in Monday 25th*****

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good Morning ladies..

Today I have planned Step Moves for my workout....

It is a very windy day here...We don't have too much going on. We have CCD this afternoon..

Ok, I will be back later. Gotta get the kids up and going...

Good morning! Kathy, hope you enjoyed Step Moves!!

I was MIA all weekend -- hope to have time to read the thread and see what you guys were up to. Our internet is dead, dead. Larry even tried climbing to the top of a really tall tree Saturday just before dark. I hate it when he does that. I stayed down below, we got the antenna up there, the network traffic looked really good, so Larry came down, and then.... nothing! So, he's arranging for some other solution today. It'll be slower speed than what we theoretically had, but hopefully more reliable!!

Had a good weekend. Yesterday I did bi's & tri's, first with Tony then with 4DS. For the chest and back work, they seemed equally hard, but I have to admit that for bi's and tri's, Cathe seemed harder. I liked the Tony workout though. Chest and back was set up as two long sets of alternating exercises, so I just did the first one (and then it repeats so I switched to 4DS). With bi & tri, he actually does a shoulder exercise, bi, then tri, and then repeats. So, both because I wanted to skip the shoulder work and not do the second set, there was a lot of skipping chapters, but at least BB makes that very easy. It was a good workout but I didn't get doms like I did with the chest work.

Today.... ok, get this.... I scored a trade on vf for BBL, which I didn't think I wanted at all, but it was sort of just dangling there in front of me, so I did it, and the woman shipped it super fast, so I was able to do two of those workouts this morning. It really does work both your butt and abs! And, it was a blast! I am really sort of shocked and happy that I like it.

Oh, and I have pyramids on tap for next week, not GS, just fyi. :)

We had fun yesterday -- Travis worked at the bball tournament again -- it was fun to watch him Saturday -- taking money, making pasta plates, hot chocolate, etc. I worked, too. Yesterday I just dropped him off because I had too much to do at home. Our friends came for dinner last night, the ones who like to cook, so I entertained their one year old while she cooked an amazing Thai dinner for us, and Larry's very good friend who now lives in Israel was in town, so he joined us, too. Nice evening.

Larry made "dominoes" (scrap wood cut in the shape of dominoes) for the kids this weekend so there was a whole lot of lining them up in different configurations and then knocking them down. It's so funny how they can get into stuff like that, have such fun with it, and then not to do it for a long time. We've done this before, but just picked it up again.

Ok, I'm feeling so far behind on everything.... it's awful being cut off! Our land line phone still isn't working either. I'm doing to go try to catch up!!

HI ladies..

Just getting ready to head to CCD. I have a few errands to do before class..I got Step Moves done. I am really enjoy the new step workouts...Tomorrow I will be do one of the pure strength workouts...

Beth: Love the pyramids. Enjoy it. I was sooooo sore after I did them a few weeks ago. They really work!! Hope your internet cooperates soon...Glad Travis had a good experience at the snack shack...Lauren helped out at church a few months ago at a bake sale and she had the best time and was begging to do it again...Cool with the Dominoes!!

Hi Girls!!!

I made it through another weekend. Actually had 2 pretty decent nights at work. I can't really complain, even got my bulletin board done and stopped on my way home for my TB test! 2 things to cross of my "got to do in January list"!

It's almost 60 degrees out here , and POURING rain!! Holy crap, there are giant puddles in our yard and everyone elses. Poor Zach has to deliver papers in it. He's not going to be a happy kid. And then they go to CCD. He's going to be grumpYYY when he gets home. Always fun to have a moody teenager with things to do he doesn't want to. Glad it's Greg taking him and not me...:p

My workout in a few minutes is GS Chest & Triceps Superset Premix: repeated twice through! I do not know what I've gotten myself into with this one, should be interesting!

Kathy: I like the Shock Cardio step workouts a lot too! Pure strength should be interesting to revisit this week!

Beth: More internet woes!! Get that fixed ASAP!! You can't be MIA!! We need you! :) Interesting combo today. It's a good way to start using P90X without having tocommit to JUST it. Are you going to continue to mix it up with other workouts? So , do tell me, what is "BBL"? I think I've seen those initials in OD and have no idea what it is!.... The dominoes sound like fun! Did Larry make them this weekend or are they something your boys rediscovered? YEARS ago , my BIL introducced us to playing dominoes. He's Cuban, and they are a big thing in Miami where he grew up. We enjoyed playing a lot, but it was so long ago, I kind of forget how to play.

Oh! My free Jillian Michaels book just came, "Master Your Metabolism". Not too bad, it's hardcover even. I do have to cancel my subscription to her website though. Don't forget!

*waves* to Joanne!
And Hottie, hope everything is ok there! Your FB postings were cryptic...is something wrong??

BBL to report on my workout!

Chris, good for you for getting so much stuff done over the weekend! Woot!
And good workout, too -- you'll have doms tomorrow, for sure.

BBL is beachbody's latest..... "brazil butt lift". My boys, Dylan, especially, just hooted over the name and some of the moves! He was even doing some of them himself in front of the bathroom mirror -- cracked me up!!! It's lower body intensive, but the core gets worked a whole lot, too (at least in the two I did this morning).

The dominoes are just shapes, no dots on them, purely for stacking and crashing, you know? They had them before, and then weren't playing with them, so I threw them out -- everyone's mad at me for that, but at the time the boys said "fine". It's easy enough for Larry to cut more scrap wood. I have never played actual dominoes with the dots!!

Oh, speaking of games.... I picked up Go to the Head of the Class recently and Dylan and I have had a great time playing it (if anyone needs a retro game).

gotta get going.....

Hey Again..

Beth: Thanks, i did get SOME stuff done this weekend, just not A TON, LOL! But that bulletin board at work was annoying me , so I'm glad it got done finally. I did a board about support services for Cancer patients. It's in the middle of our hallway in a shadowbox. It looked pretty good!... OHhh! Brazil butt Lift. gotcha. So did you like the workout? You'll have to let me know if you have any DOMS tomorrow from it. ... That sounds like a fun game , I'll have to keep my eye out for it.

I did end up doing the double superset premix from GS Chest and Triceps. It was REALLY cool the first time through. I loved it!!! It's an awesome 30 minute premix for when you want a 30 minute weight workout. And the best part was, there was only one SMALL set of push ups! The second 30 minutes wasn't so 'fun'. Really got into my chest and triceps. So I am expecting DOMS to visit me tomorrow, but you never know.....

I'm supposed to go to my GYN tomorrow about my abdominal pain. but oddly enough, the pain has gone away! Haven't felt it since Thursday. I guess I'll still go, even though it screws up dinner for us and puts a lot on Greg to do. (I feel guilty). ...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.