January 10 Check in Friday 22nd*****

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

It is raining here today like most of the night..Not much going on for us today. Thankfully the DOMS aren't too bad. I have some in the outer thighs from those firewalkers I am sure and my sides from the core work. Also, I can feel my hamstrings and glutes some too. I think I will be able to handle Low Max today. I am going to do that for my workout as I planned..

Time to get the kids up for the day....

Be back later....

Good Morning!

I'm about to head downstairs and do 4DS Biceps and Triceps, repeating each round. And then I'm adding on 4DS High Intensity Step... because I got into some M&Ms last night and ate 3,000+ calories :eek::eek:. I was feeling crappy, the pelvic pain was really bugging me. Food made it feel better. Sadly enough. I did end up talking to my GYN's office yesterday and am going in on Tuesday to have it checked out.

Kathy: Enjoy LM!!!! We're supposed to get rain on Sunday night/Monday, and it's supposed to be up in the 50's!!! Crazy weather. It's funny, yesterday it was almost 40 and I felt like I could wear shorts. It's weird how your body adjusts to the temperatures.

Beth: YAY for POWER!!!!! I gotcha on the generator. Definitely a good thing for the refrigerator, if nothing else.

Better get going , since I'm adding on extra workout time.....

Good morning! Kathy, good for you on Low Max! Chris, sorry to hear you weren't feeling well! Any better today? It's good you're going in to have it checked. Good luck with that workout! I had a brainstorm last night.... instead of repeating 4DS, I think I'm doing to do half of the equivalent P90X work -- we'll see if it works. I've never done the weight work in it! I looked at the chest and back work last night, and it's almost all chinups and pushups with some weight work -- looks like it could be a good addition. He puts shoulder work with "arms", so I'm not sure how well it'll play out for that, and I hear the leg work is weak in general.

Ok, so back and chest was my plan, but alas, I may have no workout again today. Dylan woke up at 3amish with screaming pain from his ear. I'm wondering if the eardrum burst, or maybe he's just a wimp and it's an ear infection. He's miserable, either way. He does tend to get pretty dramatic. Anyway, I'm sitting with him and I'll have to take him to the dr.

Ok, better go......

Hi ladies!! I got STS Legs in today! Yeah - go me! I also did the core work from MMA Kickbox.

Chris, did the pain just start - I don't remember you saying anything before. Hopefully it subsides - good idea to get it checked out. I know, unfortunately, food does make things feel better - especially chocolate. ;)

Beth, good idea to try out P90X. I have that in my closet - never opened! I should sell it on ebay or something. I'm sure it's great, but I don't have a pull-up bar near the TV, so that's always been a deterent to starting it. Oh, poor Dylan - and you! Hope he's feeling better. Hope that power stays on! Did they make it before the 48-hour threshold?

Kathy, it's kind of rainy and icky here too. Enjoy LowMax!! Sometimes when I do that one, it drags and other times I love it! It's a great leg workout, though.

Any fun weekend plans? We're going to a mexican restaurant with some old friends tomorrow night. I'm not even going to worry about eating good. I mean, I will eat good!! :) Not so much healthy, though. I'm sure they'll be some margaritas to be had, too! Besides that, just cleaning and soccer.

Have a good day all!

Joanne

Holy CRAP! I worked out a long time!

I did do Biceps/Triceps, twice through each round (OW!), except for the last with the bands. I suddenly realized, I hadn't worked shoulders this week !!!:eek: So I added on 3/4's of the 4DS Shoulder work (minus the band round). And THEN put in HIS, which I did all 3 combos with blasts, but left off the combination of all 3 at the end. It was a total of 1 hour and 45 minutes!!! Oh my! THAT better have made up for the M&Ms!!!!

Oh, and Greg tells me to run the new dishwasher, after he goes to bed, after breakfast is all done. Fine. I do it, and it starts LEAKING!!! There were suds coming out all over the floor! WTF??? :mad: And now it will sit there until Greg gets up later. Dangnabitt!!

Beth: You must be so relieved those stupid storms are over. But now you have your sick Dylan! Hope it's nothing big. The poor kid (and poor mom at 3am!). It's funny, I had set my alarm for 4am to go check Zach's sugar. My alarm went off and I thought it was my 5:40am wake up alarm! I was all ready to get up for the day. It was kind of nice I got to go back to sleep for an hour. kind of like "sleeping in and extra" for me! Crazy! ..What a cool idea about adding in P90X. Ours still sits there too. Greg never started it. *sigh*. You can do the pull up bar work with bands too, ya know. I think that's what I would do. or I also have a weight bench pull down bar. .... I hate having dramatic kids (my middle son, Alex, is VERY dramatic too) because you never know if it's serious or not. Alex will scream bloody murder like he's DYING, and then be able to shut if off on comand.

Joanne: STS legs!!! WOO HOO! Tough stuff!!!!! The MMA ab work is good stuff too! ... You'll probably be sorry you asked about my abdominal pain, but here it is. I started getting this burning/achey pain WAY back in 2005, intermittantly. It's WAY down in my lower stomach, near my groin. My GYN did an ultrasound back then, and it was "just a tiny cyst on my ovary". Well, the last 2-3 weeks it has gotten WORSE and more often. It is still intermittent (dont' have it now), but sometimes it's horrible. It hurts the worst, for some reason, when I'm sitting driving in the car (crunched up). I finally called yesterday (I kept putting it off, because it would keep going away). I still think it's a cyst, but maybe bigger? But then I get these thoughts that it might be a "tumor". (Can't help it, I'm an oncology nurse!). So that's my abdominal pain story!!!.... Your dinner tonight sounds awesome! Enjoy it!!! My favorite thing at a mexican restaurant is the chips and salsa. Oh , I could eat that ONLY, plus the margharitas!!!

better get going, got to do weekend shopping ....

Oh Chris! I hope you didn't give that guy a good rating on that survey! He obviously doesn't know what he's doing and that's probably why he was late. He should have run the thing while he was there to make sure that didn't happen! What a huge you-know-what bummer!!

Well, the storms haven't really ended yet, and get this.... I'm taking Travis to school -- he's dressed in his shorts "uniform" of course -- and up the road the rain turns to snow! When I was leaving school my car didn't want to run, Larry's car is out of commission -- we have some seriously bad karma going on. I wonder what we did?!

Wow, quite a workout, woman! You're going to be sore tomorrow....

Joanne, like Chris said -- do the pullups with bands -- as I was previewing I decided I'd do them that way since there are so many!

oops gotta go

Hi everyone...

Finished with Low MAx and my shower.YEAH!!!

Chris: Wow! That is like doing Body Max 2 almost with that time! Good for you. I think you paid your penance for the m&ms. What workouts are on your rotation for next week? I was thinking of doing some circuit stuff on my weight days or pure strength on my weight days. Still thinking about that one..Ugh with the dishwasher. I am with Beth..no good survey numbers for that guy! I think they should give you a refund on that installation fee..Just my opinion!

Beth: I was watching the news about all the problems out your way..it is always something for your state..Hope it gets better! Sending you good Karma vibes ~~~~~How is Dylan doing?

Joanne: I was glad when I was done with Low MAx. I like it too. But, it is tough and my legs get tired. Especially since they were a little tired when I started....No big weekend plans. Chris has his baseball camp and Lauren has choir practice and they are singing at mass tomorrow. Sunday will probably be cleaning or chilling...

Ok, that is it for now. Talk to you later...

Chris, no, I'm not sorry I asked! Sounds like the cyst has grown, maybe? I'm sure being in your field, it's easy to think the worst! But, since you know you have the cyst there, I'm sure that's all it is. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you on Tuesday. UGH on the dishwasher! I hope, too, that you didn't give that guy a good report. Did you call the people who installed it? They should come back out and fix it. Even if Greg can get it fixed, they should know about it. Wow, that was quite the workout!! More than made up for the M&M's, I'm sure!

Beth, snow??? Isn't that really unusual?? We go through the bad karma cycles, too. Hopefully yours will end soon! It's nice when life is boring and nothing goes wrong, isn't it? I could do P90X with the bands - I should try a couple of the workouts and see how I like them. I've been so bad with rotations lately - don't know if I could do it for 90 days.

Kathy, good job on LowMax. I'm still thinking about my rotation next week, too. I kind ol like this 1-2 upper body parts a day thing I've been doing. But, I want to try out the Insanity Upper Body workout. I may do that next week with some circuits and the next STS Legs.

Going to get a much needed cut and color after work. I need to get it down, but have been putting it off. The guy I go to is great, but he can talk. And talk. And talk! Which is fine, but by the end of the day I'm happy to just veg and I'm not too sociable!

Have a good weekend all!

Joanne

Oh my gosh , Beth... that weather is CRAZY WEIRD! I bet Travis was excited to see it though. Yes, you need to break out of that karma cloud you got going there. Did Dylan end up staying home?

The installation guy actually DID run the washer yesterday before he left. It was fine. Today is started OUT fine, but I think once it got to the soap cycle, it started leaking SUDS. Do you think maybe Greg put in too much soap? I'll ask hm when he gets up what he thinks.

Kathy: Oh I know! I was thinking working out was going on and on and on because I kept adding stuff on! LOL!. Good job on LowMax. it does tire out your legs big time! The worst one is the lunges with the kicks. My thigh always get on fire with those. ... Next week I think I'm going to go back to GS series, but maybe do a different leg workout. Maybe Butts and Guts? (or just Butts).

Joanne: I'm sure it is just the cyst getting bigger. And I know there's nothing they can do about it. Which sucks. Although we had a patient on our unit that had an infected ovarian cyst, she was in the hospital for a week, and had to have surgery to remove it. That had BETTER not be me! ...I had put off a haircut too (was due in November) and my hair had gotten quite long. I'm SOOO glad to have it shorter now!... I know, why do hairdressers always feel inclined to talk? Mine is super nice , but she's always looking for conversasion too. Can we just watch TV? LOL!

Supper tonight, I'm doing a new recipe in the crockpot (always trying something new!). It's Arroz con Pollo. With chicken thighs (I had them leftover). It's smelling yummy!!

Joanne, there's no way I could do P90X for 90 days, either -- maybe just mix in a little here and there? That's my plan! And..... I did it! Holy cow it's nice working out when you're more awake! I felt great, in a way. But I also kept getting light headed and dizzy -- I never have caffeine before I work out, but this time I did -- maybe that was it? Anyway, I loved it! I did the Tony work first and then the Cathe work, because I was afraid if I started with Cathe I wouldn't be able to face all the pushups/pullups I knew were coming. Final count: 145 push ups, 56 pullups (with band!). And then some random weight work here and there, too. My hear rate was obviously up there with the dizzy factor!

We usually get snow once or twice a year -- it never sticks at our house, but always just up the road from us. It was very pretty, but didn't last long, and now, finally, it's all stopped!

Dylan has ear infections in both ears, with a "blister"??? in the one that hurt more.

Kathy, how does the baseball camp work at this time of year -- is it indoors? There is a basketball tournament at our school tomorrow, so Travis (and I!) are going to work at the snack shack as part of the volunteer work he needs to do. That'll be 2-1/2 or 3 hours of the six! We have to take pictures of him there -- how crazy is that? This teacher is so bizarre -- but I swear she will forever be his favorite teacher!!

Chris, I was going to agree with Kathy and say you should get the installation fee back, but wow, it didn't leak when he was there, eh? Ug, that is just yucky to deal with after having no dishwasher for so long! I'm sorry!!

Funny, Chris, I seem to be sort of following you.... I think! That is, I think I have GS on tap for next week, too. Or, maybe it's pyramids -- one of those!

Wonder if Hottie lost her power! I'll bet they're feeling what we had and it's miserable.....

Thanks for all of the good karma wishes!

Forgot to tell you guys my latest bonehead move..... when I left to take Dylan to the dr., I walked off with Larry's cell phone (AND mine) because they are identical. So, he's stuck at home with no land line, no cell phone, and trying to make a bunch of phone calls. Doh!

And..... my legs feel as if I did a leg workout!!! There's a lot of leg involved in pushups I guess!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.