January 09 Check in Weekend 1/24 &1/25/09

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi ladies..

Getting us started on the weekend thread...

Busy day for me. Today is Chris' birthday party at the bowling alley and then Lauren is singing at church with the choir. So, lots of activities today..

Workout is Rhythmic Step..My favorite workout. I so wish Cathe would make another one..

Anyway, I will try to stop back by later. But, In case I don't have a great day..

Good morning!

It is raining and gloomy and I have no idea what workout to do...I'm thinking BM2 or a combo of the first half of Imax3 and ACS2. I'll be futzing around for the most part...

Kathy - sounds busy! I don't have RS but it looks fun! Have a fun day!

Quickie Post, having company over soon...

After debating, yet again, on NOT doing anything, I coaxed myself into trying Leaner Legs. :confused: OH MY is all I can say!

Happy Birthday to your son, Kathy!! have fun today!!!

BBL!!

Off to attempt some cardio - I should be more excited right?

Kathy have fun with your activities

Hottie I'm futzing along with you - it's gloomy here too. I'm sure that does not help me but I'll be doing something to move this body.

Chris good for you into doing Meaner Legs that's a doozie :eek:

Well off to decide what I'll be doing today.

picture.php

Good morning! Seems we all have a sort of "blah" vibe about us this morning -- well, Kathy has to be moving. I woke up at 5:30 and stayed in bed for an hour. I knew I would work out, but I just wasn't very excited about the prospect. I did Step Blast, so it was fun -- I needed an old friend like that. :) I wanted to do some stretching after that, but we are going to a party this afternoon and my hair takes forever to dry, so I had to hop in the shower. How silly is that?!

We put our cat to sleep yesterday afternoon -- I guess we were in denial about how bad off he was. The vet made it sound like we were overdue for that appt. but really, he had only just stopped eating and drinking and purring yesterday. We told the kids just that "he died". Figure the whole putting him to sleep thing is a bit complex and potentially scary for kids.

Oh, Hottie, yes, we are getting rain -- an inch and a half the other night. Yesterday was just a slow drizzle all day long, with heavy fog, which is good -- that slow drizzle is what really saturates I think. Supposed to rain here through about Tuesday, I think, and then all I see is sun in the forecast. It'd be a really nice weekend to hang out in front of the fire, but we have plans.... party today, and the Pickle Family Circus in San Francisco tomorrow.

Have fun everyone!

-Beth

Hi ladies. DH is taking the boys for much overdo haircuts, so I have a minute or do in between laundrymaxing!

Vilma, it's hard to get back in the groove when you've been sick. Maybe just do something easy today to get started. I always start back with Low Impact Circuit. Not too easy, but it's fun. Glad to hear you are feeling better, though.

Chris, leaner legs is a toughie!! You'd think it wouldn't be since it's shorter, but it's nonstop. Is this the end of the rotation?

Beth, yea, that - from yesterday! ;) What kind of party are you going to? Kids party? Or a fun one? ;) It sounds like your cat wasn't really in distress till yesterday - if he was eating and drinking, he probably wasn't suffering. Sounds like you did the right thing.

Hottie, did you workout with your DH last night? OK, that sounded kind of funny! You know, the weight workout?

We're back to zero degrees today. Gotta love Chicago...

DH seems to have come to his senses. He filled his prescription - hasn't picked it up yet though. He got a blood pressure cuff. He thought it was reading wrong since his mom tried it out and it was high and hers is always low. Well, he brought it home and I tried it and mine was low as it usually is. So was the kids. His was 160/95. That's pretty high, isn't it? I think it scared him a bit. Now I need to tell his mom to get hers checked out.

Today's workout was Fat Burn Challenge from the bonus DVD from CLX. It seemed to have alot of the same exercises and Burn it Off. I may do Recharge tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone...

Joanne

Joanne, I don't really know about blood pressure numbers, but that sounds kind of high compared to mine. I'm sure Chris can chime in. :) I'm glad he got the prescription filled -- now he just has to take 'em!

The party we are going to is an annual crab thing these friends have. Everyone brings a cooked crab, and then the husband cooks them in a spicy stir fry sauce. They're impossibly messy to eat, but very yummy. There are definitely kids at the party, but it's mostly about the adults. Nice for a change! :D

-Beth

Hey again!

My sister , her son and my mom just left. She's visiting for the weekend at my mom's house. It's been really nice to see her and then about a month ago. I love my sis! :)

Leaner Legs was killer! Yes, she NEVER stops. You REST by doing calf raises and deadlifts! Helllooo!!! I'm afraid of what my legs will feel like tomorrow. Plus it was a different workout than I'd been doing. It was more endurance, and I've been doing "heavy". I think I may be in trouble!

Hottie: Oh rain and clouds! I know you guys "need" it , it can be depressing though. Although it might be a nice "break" from sunshine. Sometimes I need an excuse to stay inside and hibernate! Rain and clouds are good ones! I hope you do some fun workout to cheer you up!

Vilma: I bet you felt better no matter what you did! I definitely think I need a break from the "rotation" thing, like you said. This week I'm going to take a "Rest Week"... do my 1RM's and Yoga stuff and maybe light cardio (because I know I'll crave it!).

Beth: Ohhh, I'm sorry about your cat. Another friend of mine is dealing with an elderly dog who is acting like he's ready to die. It is so hard to put a pet down. They are like one of our family members! I hope your kids are ok. Tough lessons to learn, but pets are so worth it. Do you have another cat or just the dog left? Wow..Pickle Family Circus sounds like a fun party!!! I totally layed in bed this morning too, it felt so good not to HAVE to get up because of my alarm clock. Plus my 7 yr old was snuggling with me. It was tought to get up at 7am as it was! ... Hey SB is like an old friend! It feels good to go back to Cathe after a break.

Joanne: My boys went for haircuts this week too (DH took them to the barber!). It's back to cold here too (with a lovely bitter wind blowing). Yesterday was GORGEOUS sunny and 35! It felt like it was springtime! Funny how 35 feels so warm these days! Sounds like you had a challenging workout today! ... I'm sooo glad your DH caved in on his BP meds. And the BP cuff is awesome to have at home!! Yes, 160/95 is high. I mean, I've seen higher, but you don't want to have a 160's/90's BP consistently. I'm glad he can actually SEE for himself that he needs the meds. I hope your MIL gets hers checked out too! You know , usually, your BP is lower at home than at the Doctor's office too (It's called White Coat Fever. People's BPs are naturally higher in a doctor's office setting).

Off to pick up a bit and putter online too, until it's naptime! :rolleyes:

Be forewarned I'm gonna be chatty...

Well, when I started out moving around today I realized that my shoulders were completely shot and the thought of doing any weight work was just out of the question...which limited me to cardio which I was fine with. I ended up trying to do ACS2 and was doing "ok" -- got step combo #2 immediately, I get confused with pivots in the other ones -- and then through combo #4 I got really frustrated and gave up. I had recently traded in my F11 for a FT60 that has been giving me 25% less calorie burn so I got really disgusted when I looked at how few calories burned. I thought about doing Imax3 but the thought of crapping out another workout just pissed me off. So then I pulled out the cardio of HIS, channeled all that frustration and got that beautiful clean sweat that I was looking for. It felt *awesome* and I thank you guys totally for convincing me for getting 4DS.

It's been a light day...laundry and cooking and surfing the web and video games. tomorrow will just be more because I have to spend a couple hours in lab mentoring my undergrad in a couple new experiments.

Kathy -- did you have a good time with the birthday party goodness?

Beth -- I'm so sorry about the cat. Are the kids doing ok?

Joanne -- I have to PM you what happened between my DH and me when he read your post! I was so exhausted but I started out GS Back BSB and then crapped out and he continued strong so I got what I wanted. :) 160/95 does seem high though a lot of people in my family have higher. Do you happen to do know what his BP was before he started having issues because that's a better baseline to look at instead of an arbitrary 120/80. Joe is actually right around 120/80 for his baseline and mine is more like 110/65. Those cuff -- are they the electronic ones...we've had a couple of them through the years and I find it really important for the person to be *calm* when getting the BP done. Just like Chris was mentioning the white coat fever, some people tense up when the cuff machines are on them.

Vilma -- you'll be back to your old self soon. I wanted to mention, yoga can be relaxing but it can be hard too. The pose yesterday that everyone guffawed at started with this one and then became harder:

firefly.jpg

HARD! :)
Chris - that sounds nice that you get to see your sister. I get to see my family in a couple weeks and I'm pretty excited about it. I'll be honest -- the one GS Joe and i don't do is the legs one because we think...well, that cathe is insane. So, even though DH is getting into getting more workout DVDs he specifically says "No Cathe Legs!" Tomorrow is your rest day right? At least you'll have time to recover!

See you all tomorrow!

Good morning ladies...

Hottie: Yes, all had a great time. Chris was smiling big...He loves time with his friends and yesterday he had most of them with him...Way to go with ASC2. It is a tricky one. I still have trouble with it. I don't do it often enough I guess..

Chris: Yes, Leaner Legs is gonna get ya..I get sore everytime I do that one. Last time I did it with the weighted vest and I felt my calves for days..Thanks for the birthday wishes. He will be 9 on Tuesday..They grow so fast!!

Beth: How was the party? How fun! I love step blast too. Sorry to hear about the cat..I remember a few years old when we had to put our dog to sleep. It was a tough day in our house..

Joanne: Hope your hubby keeps taking the meds and it helps him..It has been pretty warm here. But, the weatherman said last night those days are over. This week is suppose to be pretty cold maybe even snow. We haven't had any here yet in Northern VA...

Vilma: How did the cardio go yesterday?

Ok, I loved Rhythmic Step yesterday..Today is Gym Style Chest & triceps. Not looking forward to ALL THOSE PUSHUPS!! Yikes...

Be back later..if I survive!!LOL

Good morning!!

Chris, the snuggling in bed yesterday morning sounds so appealing! Hope work is going ok for you this weekend.

Hottie, that yoga pose is impossible -- ok, not impossible for everyone, just for most of us. Very cool on HIS -- so great to have that accomplished feeling. I still can't get that one completely right!

Kathy, my BIL's birthday is Tuesday, too. Glad Chris (and everyone) had fun yesterday.

Joanne, how is your general tiredness/soreness going? I am totally amazed -- today was supposed to be a rest day but I felt great, so I went ahead and did Push 1 which is biceps and triceps (and legs of course). I really like that it's back to no combo moves, or whatever they are called. It went by really fast but it was TOUGH!! I hope I don't regret this tomorrow.

Oh, Hottie, your comments about Cathe's legs were so funny!!

The party yesterday was fun -- good food -- I ate way too much, which I don't usually do at parties somehow. But, by the end Larry and I were happy to get away from all the people. They are all nice and interesting but we just are not that good with crowds.

The kids are fine with the cat -- the first thing Dylan said when we told him is "now we can get a kitten!". He really wants one, but to be honest I feel done with cats for a while. That was our last cat (we used to have four -- every time I wanted to get pregnant we got another cat instead for a while there), so we are down to Gina and the 17 chickens.

Have fun today!

-Beth

Hottie wow that pose is something else maybe during my limber days of years gone by I maybe could've tried it but not now lol My joints 'talk' and snap, crackle & pop a lot lately :p

Beth sorry about your cat but I feel the same way now about mine, I keep telling my dh once they are done I don't want any more animals for quite some time. My Cassie girl is a hacker big time and it gets so old cleaning up. I actually have lowered their food intake in their bowls so that she isn't a piggy swallowing up the food and then barfing.

Joanne Glad to hear that your dh is deciding that he needs his BP meds.

Chris
I hope you had a good night at work and are resting up today

Kathy sounds like your boy's party was a raving success. Those are the moments we cherish, those beautiful happy smiles. :)

Well as for me I ended up popping in KPC yesterday but only after 15 min I started feeling really lightheaded :( as if I was going to pass out w/ a cold sweat type of feeling and just feeling weird along with serious case of nausea. So I ended up sitting down w/ my head between my legs until I felt able to stand up followed with some stretching.

I was not happy so I decided to take a rest day today and try again tomorrow. I felt so bad that I just wanted to cry. I need to get my stamina back if just for my own self esteem. Its crazy because I know what I'm capable of and I like to 'play' real hard but my body is just not cooperating.

Enuf of my whine I pray you all have a great day and kick some butt for me in your workouts until I'm able to join you all hopefully tomorrow.

picture.php

I know its late but I figured I'd post it now anyways...did all of BM2 and less chickening out on some parts too! I still have a hard time with air jacks but I'm getting much better with plyos...I think I'm learning how to land softer. Also, DH thinks he may have figured out why my feet hurt so much in Imax3...something about the way I'm hitting the ground so hopefully tomorrow or the day after he can work on me with it so I can nail the first half soon. All that family drama that gets me depressed is still going strong (of course, its not any of their faults, sometimes life just is like that) and it sparked up terrible this morning so I really wanted to have BM2 take me out of that. The step routine usually cheers me up but it didn't this time...I needed the power circuits and there I got that zen clean sweat drip that I crave that only Cathe has consistently given me. I also got a really thick exercise mat off of craigslist and omigosh it makes a difference on floor work!

Kathy -- GS: C&T is my DH's fav workout! Those pushups are killer though...I do all of them on bent knee! Thanks for the cheers on ACS2. It's going back to netflix...I liked it but I'm not sure if I'm ready to buy it just yet. There are still Cathe workouts I have yet to fully "master" or high enough proficiency...though it is really nice to explore other styles.

Beth -- can you imagine I was *blessed* that the person in front of me, to the left, to the right, and to the back of me ALL could do that pose! Now, it was like those guys, maybe 2 others and the instructor and everyone else was like me but I really just sat on my butt going, YOU'RE KIDDING ME...I'm not a big party person either. I'd much rather have a bunch of small dinner parties than one huge one. I feel almost claustrophobic or invisible or something...and um....17 chickens???

Vilma -- ::hugs:: Oh, you'll be kicking some serious butt soon. It almost sounds hormonal (or at least some of my issues). I hope you feel better soon!

Here's to SHIM? Missing you Chris!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.