January 09 Check in 1/20/09

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Getting us started on this wonderful day!!

Today's workout for me is going to be kick, punch & crunch...

Who is watching the Inauguration today? I know our family is going to be watching. It will be a history lesson for the kids for sure!!!

Be back later..

Last edited:
Oh crap! I hate when I double post!!! Just disgregard my check in post! :eek:

Hey Kathy! I'm doing KPC today too!!...

Happy Inauguration Day!!.. I'm so excited, like I've never been before , it's weird!

Yesterday got away from me , getting up that hour later just threw my evening, but I think it was well worth it.

Today I'm trying to work out a schedule around the Inauguration. I need to pick up a few groceries, and then my workout, which is going to be KPC.

I think I'll do my shopping as soon as the boys get to school, and maybe my workout AFTER the ceremony. ..... Decisions decisions!!

Good morning! Yes, indeed, it's a very historical day. It's really too bad Martin Luther King isn't alive to see it. I doubt I'll watch live as I'll be at work.

I slept in this morning! I can't remember when I checked in yesterday, but I started out with cc8 minus the third challenge, and then a bit later I was feeling good, so decided to go ahead with CLX BC1. When I woke up at 5am this morning, I felt soooooo sore and tired, so I just reset my alarm for an hour later. I may swing the bells later -- we'll see. My body definitely needed rest this morning -- maybe CLX has a sort of cumulative effect or something.

Enjoy the day everyone!

-Beth

Hi ladies! I didn't get a chance to check in this weekend or yesterday. Hope you all had a good weekend.

Beth, I don't know if it's CLX or just me, but I've been feeling so tired on the days I do Burn. Not really a good tired, but more a totally wore out, if I don't get a nap I'm going to die tired! Kind of headachey, too. It's weird. I know I need to get more sleep. I need to eat better, too. I'm definitely sticking it out, though. Maybe my body will adjust and it won't affect me so much. I did Burn it Off and Recharge Saturday. Burn it off was fun, but I can see substituting an Imax for it. I did get the deluxe DVD, so I'm going to use those workouts this week for the cardio. I have done absolutely no yoga in my life, but I think Recharge was yoga, right? It felt really good to stretch like that. It helped the soreness, too. Sunday was rest day and today I did Amy's ASC3 and Extreme Abs from CLX.

Hey Chris! I'm excited about the inauguration too. I'm at work, but they are setting up some TVs in the Board Room so we can watch it. I'm going to at least watch the swearing in and Obama's address. I really hope this is the start of a turnaround for the country. Have fun with KPC!

Kathy, you have fun with KPC, too! Yea, I guess you won't need to teach any social studies today! What a great history lesson!

Vilma, don't know if you've checked in, but hope you are feeling better!

Well, the kids finally went back to school today. A nice five-day weekend for them! They had friends over Sunday and yesterday. Jameson was having a blast making videos with his Flip camera. The house was pretty much total chaos, but it was fun. I must say it will be nice when spring/summer comes and they can all go outside!

My dad is coming home Thursday. My mom is so worried about everything. Everytime I talk to her she breaks down. I just hope it all goes well and the caregiver works out OK. Hopefully once they get into a routine it'll be OK. I just keep telling her to take it one day at a time.

BBL....

Joanne

Hey Again!

I did indeed go grocery shopping, and then came home and watched the Inauguration. Wow. It was pretty amazing. I was in awe and in tears.

I just got done with KPC. I don't know why, but I just didn't have the "oomph" for it. I thought about quitting a few times. I mean there were moments when I felt good during it, but I think my stomah was bothering me a bit (gassy/bloated-ish). But I did finish, and burned a bunch of calories, so another day done!

Beth: It does feel good to get that little extra sleep in, doesn't it? I can't believe you did a CC & BC1! Especially since you weren't feeling it !! :eek: And then thinking about doing KB's later.. You nut, you!!!

Joanne: It does sound like you need some rest. When is the last time you took a true rest week from workouts? I probably should take one myself. It's so hard to do , I know. Cool that they're setting up TV's to watch the Inauguration. The Obama's looked great! I adore the little girls!! I know it's probably not nice to say, but I never grinned so much as when Bush walked down those steps and flew away in the helicopter. :p .... I understand your mom being anxious about your dad coming home. You're so right, once they get a routine down, theyll be ok!! I bet you'll be helping when you can too. ... What a vacation your kids had, huh? My boys were getting a bit cagey yesterday too. They were fooling around with that Flip yesterday too!! LOL!

Vilma: Miss ya! Hope you're doing ok. Check in when you can and let us know how you're recovering.

I wonder where Ivy and Iris dropped off to? Miss you guys too!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.