Jan. 09 Check In --> Mon. 26th <---

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Good Morning all!

Just getting us started today.

BBL to report my workout for the day. I'm thinking a Cathe dvd.

picture.php

Good morning Vilma and everyone to come!!

Today's workout is going to be Pure Strength Legs and abs...I may add a short bit of cardio too.

Vilma: Enjoy your workout!!

Good morning. Vilma, I hope your workout goes ok and that you are happy wit it!! I did 4DS KB/BC cardio premix except that whereever the step was involved in BC, I did kbell swings -- oh and for suicides too, because I didn't have much room to run with too many lego's out. Afterward I did the core from KB -- it was a nice sweaty workout!

My arms are a little sore from CLX push 1 yesterday, but again, not like the DOMs I'm used to!

I hope everyone is doing well this Monday morning.

-Beth

Kathy enjoy your planned workout for today too :)

Beth sounds like you had a great workout - I may need to do just that with my kettlebells when I get that dvd out ~ if I remember lol:p

Step, Jump & Pump is what I did and I'm happy to report that I was able to hang on and finish the entire workout. Granted I did modify when I needed to but not as much as I thought.:D

Just finished eating 2 more egg whites w/ my oatmeal (I plan to track what I eat and make a better effort in eating less processed foods ... my body is getting super sensitive lately) and I'm soon to hit the shower.

Big Hellos to Chris, Joanne, Hottie, Ivy (if you're out there) & any who decide to join our check in

I'll try to get back on later.

picture.php

Hey Girls!

Yes! SHIM!
5.gif
You got it Hottie!... except I have a busy one. DH worked last night too (his once a month of working Sundays), and now I have to run around to get the boys places and then whip up dinner. I did have a pretty good weekend at work. Nice patients and not very busy. Can't beat that!

I started my Rest Week today! Thought about doing some 1RM's (did you finish them Beth?), but I thought just a nice StretchMax with the ball in my PJ's would feel good! And it did! That's an awesome stretch , isn't it? I think I can complete the multi-starred 1RM's in the next 4-5 days, right?

Now I have to go shower and wait for the mad rush...

Kathy: Oh ick on PS: Legs & Abs. I couldn't bring myself to do that on Saturday, I actually subbed Leaner Legs . And I could NOT sit down on the toilet all night at work last night without being reminded of that workout (OW!). I just got tired of PS LEGS in the rotation I did. The abs on that one burn me my abs out , though, how about you?

Vilma: KPC isn't easy when you feel good! did you feel alright afterwards? it's so hard to tell when we should push ourselves and not push ourselves. Hope you enjoyed it !

Beth: Sounds like you had a good workout this morning! That premix is tough but fun in it's own way. Adding KB's in is a great way to keep going with them. Do you still enjoy doing KBs? Did you end up joining that Yoga class and/or KB class?..

Will catch up with weekend stuff after...when i catch my breath a bit! Now i"m off to the shower...

Hey Chris, no, I didn't finish my 1RMs!! I did that bunch and then just never looked at it again. I really need to, especially now that it's shipping! So, will you start STS as soon as you get it? I'm realizing that I'm really missing FF's four tough days of weights from the Dec. rotation -- I really liked that! But, given CLX and STS, it looks like it's three days a week for quite a while for me!!

No, I did not join the kbell class yet -- she has some snatch workshop she's going to do in March, and I'd really like to do that -- I will make the long drive for that. I still can't do a snatch! I do like fitting kbells in here and there, but I'm not wild about doing kbell dvds and I do like to do my strength work with traditional weights. Oh, the yoga I hope to drop in on occasionally -- one friend said the class was really great. Wednesdays may be tough because theoretically there is open gym basketball that my 9 year old will want to go to. I'm going to see if I can make it this week.

Vilma, the kbells for 4DS boot camp worked well -- I don't really like her drills with the step anyway, and as I said, I had no room for suicides because the kids had too many legos out. So, try to remember it -- it was four drills where I subbed them, so I ended up doing 240 swings -- 70/70/50/50 for those drills. For some reason the second two I only had time for 50 -- I don't know if the drills were quicker, or if I was swinging slower because I was doing some one handeds.

I'm not wanting to do work very much right now.....

-Beth

Hi ladies!

Vilma, glad you were able to finish Step, Jump, Pump. I bet you'll be back in the swing of things now.

Hi Kathy - are you still following Cathe's Jan. rotation or is it over? If not, good for you for voluntarily doing PS Legs! ;)

Beth, so how did you like Push 1? It's just one muscle group at a time, right? Are they still only about 30 minutes?

Chris, that's good timing to take a rest week before STS. I'm starting to get the itch to order it. (again!) But, it won't be a few months since I want to finish CLX. By that time, I'm sure there'll be lots and lots of reviews. I'm intimidated by all the equipment, but I'm sure I could just wing it.

Kids had a half day today and DH was nice enough to take them to the ice skating party. I'm not sure if he plans to skate or not. I know I can't ice skate to save my life!

Today was Burn 1. I like having a week between doing the same workout - it's enough time where you're not like, ugh, I just did this!

Things with my dad home have been a huge roller coaster, mostly uphill. I won't bore you all with the details, but, boy, this is going to be tough. I was over there this morning and he is just so depressed. I left there in tears.

Have a good day all...

Joanne

Fly by for me today -- my schedule was sort of hijacked from me today...I hope to work out when I get home. Not sure what though... I feel better though because I am so grateful for having that *one* friend that you can whine and moan and vent to and she doesn't judge you and she listens to you and she helps you get through things. I'm sure I'll be back at the bottom again but its nice to have my head afloat. Joanne, I hope things get better with your dad - I can't imagine how hard this is for you...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.