# It's a Marvelous Weekend MELTERS! #

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning and Happy Weekend!

Just getting us started, I was up at 5:00 but just was lazy and had coffee reading..it's a rest day for me, no workout.

BB in a bit!

Deb:)

Hi, I'm back,

Not sure what we will be doing today..I went to my cousins again yesterday for morning coffee...I brought Kelsey and she and the 2 dogs there had fun running around after each other, etc. It's good to see her playing again. I hope to get some yard work done, however it rained really hard last night so right now everything is too wet. DH and I might go see my DF ( Dad) later. He and his wife have put their house up for sale, to move closer to the city and family. Now he is having second thoughts and is panicking about it. He called me 3 times yesterday to talk about whether he should pull it off the market or not. His wife still wants to sell so things are not so good over there.

Robin:
I know you are winging your way to Yellowstone as we speak!

Shelly:
What did you and Sophie end up doing yesterday?

Shannon:
I wish I could like those CC's...I need someone to tell me what speed to use. I don't like using the 1-10 PE scale, not "exact" enought for me.. :D .Glad to hear you have come to a good place with your fitness plans!

Leanne:
Don't feel bad about the weight...as long as your clothes still fit the same, I think the muscles in our bodies retain more water than is normal, especially after heavy lifting.

Kara:
Is the painting all finished? The I-Train Tush one is a circuit..is the weight work "wimpy" or challenging? I have a couple of I-Train circuits, one is pretty good, the other one is a joke!

Tneah:
I can't imagine Georgie walking into the groomers...wow! Do they trim him or actually clip him? Post a "post cut" pic of him..I'd love to see what he looks like. How are you feeling today? Good for you for doing weight work that you like! I love the speed of S&H..I hope she does the same in STS.

Lainie:
Good that you got a sitter and can do the braces thing! I hope your skin is less itchy today.}(

Jennifer:
Please let us know about the "good" phone call!

Have a great day!

Deb:)

Hooray for a FUN weekend for all of us!

I love our idea of doing fun workouts for the next month. Tneah had asked about what we'd be doing for fun workouts, and I think that I'm still going to stick with my rotation for June, but I'm going to just adopt a "fun" mentality so that I'm not obsessing about how hard I'm working out or what I'm eating all the time.

What are everyone's plans like for the weekend? We were supposed to get together for brunch tomorrow with my two closest girlfriends and their hubbies, but one of them had to cancel since they have to take care of some repairs around the house. Since I cleaned house yesterday, today I'm going to relax! I'll also be trying my new kettlebell for the first time -- hooray! I'll let you all know how it goes, and I'm hoping that I don't boink myself in the face with it!;-)

Deb -- I hope that your DF still ends up moving close to you! I know how much you were looking forward to that. It's hard being far away. Only a few more days until you get Keegan! What day are you leaving again? Sounds like Kelsey will really enjoy having some company again!

Kara -- How is the painting going? Are you finished with the kitchen? Will you have any more rooms to do afterwards? Have you talked to Collin lately? How is he doing? And how are *you* doing with him gone? Is Emma also doing OK without her brother? I hope you're all doing well!

Jennifer -- I'm so glad that your phone call yesterday went well! Will you find out the results of it soon? What plans do you have for this weekend?

Shelley -- How are you feeling today, babe? Are your hips, back, and stomach doing better? Sorry that yesterday was such a mess for you!

Shannon -- Any special plans for the weekend? Will you be spending time with the parents and horses at all?

Lainie -- How is the burn doing? Have you been able to get some rest, too? Oh, I wanted to ask if you had pre-ordered any more of Tracey S's workouts. (Didn't you pre-order her SS Step one?) Her new Hi/Lo Med Ball one sounds like it'll be a lot of fun, but I'm not sure if I want to order it since I also want to pre-order Amy B's new workouts tomorrow. When I was at Ross the other day, I found this Everalast blow-up punching bag that was only $15. My DH said it looked like it would last alright, so I think I'll be able to use it for Amy's new Rumble workout. I don't think that I'll be able to get a really expensive "real" one -- too much money and not enough space for one!;-)

Tneah -- Hooray for doing fun body parts yesterday! I wasn't sure if you liked S&H or not. What other books did you end up ordering? Maybe the fun chick lit books will inspire you to paint anyways! We ended up just getting some Pizza Hut last night. There's another specialty place near us that delivers, but we only order from them every few orders since it's pretty cheesy. I'm half Italian and my mom and grandma always made the best food (my grandma made the best Sicilian pizza! yum!), so I grew up eating lots of pasta and pizza. It's something I can't seem to give up!;-) You know, when I first signed up for the RT, I was really stressing about losing some more weight and getting in shape, but everyone has been posting about how what you look like doesn't matter to anyone, so I haven't really been thinking about that too much, which is good.:)

Sending Robin positive vacation vibes!:)

Morning chicas!!

Deb - re. iTread 'n' Tush - the weight work isn't really weight work, per se. It's things like walking lunges and these wicked squats that you do standing on the sides of your treadmill while it's inclined all the way to however high yours goes (mine is 12%). Also mountain climbers and that's all I can remember right now, but it's really fun! I'm glad Kelsey had fun playing with the other dogs!

Leanne - I'm feeling better this morning. I was so bloated last night I seriously looked about 5 months pregnant. I showed Chris and he was all :eek: at the size of my belly! You're right not to worry about the Road Trip. The atmosphere is amazing and nobody gives a fig about how buff you are!

I've decided that for my "fun month", I'm going to do whatever-the-heck workout I feel like doing that day. My run days will stay the same, but everything else will be whatever I'm in the mood for. I'm quite excited because I have TONS of new workouts I haven't even tried yet!

Okay, not sure what we're up to today, but I HAVE to get laundry going!

Hey All!

Deb, I did that itread "tush" the other day, I really had fun with it.:) It breaks up the workout a bit which is nice. Not a total leg workout per say, but nice as a little extra one in the middle of the week. Glad Kelsey had fun playing with other doggies. I often feel bad for Georgie, not alot of play time with other dogs, dog parks can have unpredictable pooches, so I worry about them jumping on poor Georgie because he has bad legs.

Shelley, I have totally been there with the belly thing! :eek: It freaks you out doesn't it? Where in the world does it come from? I am doing the same thing with my own workouts this week too... Cardio, everything!

Leanne, I did not know you were part Italian, how great!:) And I bet that pizza grandma used to make was incredible. I actually make a homemade red sauce that our own Italian friends have deemed "fantastico!" Is that an Italian word?:p I use fresh tomatoes when they are in season. I am so glad to hear you are not stressing body-wise about the RT, I didn't mean to suggest you guys were, but know that I would be because I am silly like that.;) Yes, let us know about the kettleball workout.

I do not like S&H chest at all, but I do not like working my chest, I mean with these boobs, whats the point?:p But actually enjoyed the other workouts. You really cannot go that heavy due to the slow reps though, which is fine because you are working that muscle in a different way, almost like negatives, but in the opposite direction, did that make sense?
I think Gym Styles allows for the heaviest weights possible...I think, its been awhile since I have done them. Might have to stick with S&H this week and "chill out", I have to admit, I like the rest between sets!
Today will be an itread 60 minute I think and some abs and maybe back? Not sure yet. Started my new meds this AM...hi to Lainie, Kara, Shannon and bon voyage to Robin!

Oh, I started painting again last night, not sure if I am in the groove though, I am toying with some sculpture ideas involving plaster gauze.:)

Oh! Two adorable neighborhood bunny rabbits just ran through our back yard!:eek: Georgie is out there checking it out, sniffing the air, silly dog. He goes to the groomer on Monday, and yes, I will post pics of his majesty after he is all pretty! They give him free run of the place, no kennel for Georgie! He lays on the floor with his own doggy pad and water bowl.:7

Hey Shelley -- Just wanted to pop in for a minute and say that I'm SOOO glad that you're feeling better today! That bloating can be a real downer! Hooray for the fun month of just picking out fun workouts! That's a great idea! And how great to hear that the RT will just be fun, with no one worrying about what anyone else looks like! Oh, did I ever tell you that Mike was just blown away by the fact that Chris owns his own gaming store. He thought that that was the coolest thing EVAH! Mike just ordered the new D&D rulebooks for the new version that's coming out. I guess the new books will get shipped out later this week . . . which means that I won't see much of Mike next weekend since he'll be buried in his new books!;-)

Tneah -- Hooray for painting again! The sculpture idea sounds so interesting, too! Oh, your red sauce sounds molto delicioso! Yes, I'm half-Italian and half-Finnish (my parents always called us Wop-Finns!), but I definitely identify much more with my Italian side, even though I look more Finnish. My grandparents on my Mom's side were both born in Sicily, and being Italian was so much more a part of our heritage. My Dad's family has been in American for a lot longer, and I didn't even know that my grandma spoke Finnish until I was an adult. Last summer, DH and I went to North Dakota to visit my Great Aunt on her farm, and it was really neat to learn more about that side of my family. I got to learn about how my Dad's family came over as settlers, and got to see our family name on the Finnish Settlers Memorial. It was really cool! I love all that ancestry stuff!:) Keep us posted on how those new meds do! I hope that you're feeling back to normal soon!

Boy, Shelley, I just read your thread on the OD regarding Cardio Coach..you are amazing!:eek: I could never walk that fast up a hill that high! Well unless I was hanging on for dear life.You rock woman!

I did itread #5 40 minutes and tacked on another 15 minutes for good measure.;) The fastest walk I can manage is 4.6...but what is strange? The treadmill in SD seems more suited to my body or something, because I can go faster on that one then the treadmill I have at home. Weird.

Leanne, this is strange too, my relatives on my fathers side are from Black Forest Germany, and migrated to North Dakota as well. :) My mom was adopted and I did not know her very well, so I will never know about the other half of my ancestors...when I was little I used to tell people I was half German, half French.;) Ha! More like half German, half hippie.:D Momma was a flower child.

Anyway! DH wants to go the movies tonight. Yippee!

Hope everyones day is going super duper..:)

Hey all,

Oh my gosh! I just got done doing The Kettlebell Way workout and it was so much fun -- intense, but fun! Kara, thanks for the great recommendation! I knew that it would get my heart rate up, but still wasn't expecting it to be an almost-cardio workout, too. I watched the demo beforehand and followed along, and that made the actual workout easier to follow. I think I'm going to be feeling this one tomorrow for sure!}(

Tneah -- That's cool that we have family from the same area of the States! I think that a lot of German and Scandinavian settlers wound up in the Dakotas. You'd think that they would want to get away from all that snow!;-) So are you seeing the new SATC movie tonight with DH?! Hooray! Eat lots of Sour Worms for us! ;-)

Hope everyone else is having a great day!

Hello everyone. This morning we had a T-ball game. Then we had lunch at Pizza Hut--I recorded it on SparkPeople when I got home and it took a big chunk of my calories, carbs, & fat for the day. Guess I'd better eat light for dinner.

This afternoon we also cleaned house a lot (DH even helped, miracle of miracles) and then a paving guy came by to give us a quote on a path and patio thing.

No exercise today. I just took a rest week since Tuesday's sunburn. I'll start back tomorrow or Monday--still trying to decide on a new rotation. I might do a week of upper/lower/full body split followed by a week of 3 full body workouts, and so on. Anyway, the sunburn is better but still some mild itching.

I've also spent a lot of time online today looking at houses in Morristown, NJ. DH sent me a link to a nice house there last night and got me in the mood for house hunting. I don't know if we want to move there, but it's fun to look some place new.

Deb, hope your dad and his wife are able to come to a satisfactory decision soon. It's a tough sellers' market, but on the other hand, a good time to buy.

Leanne, glad you liked the kettlebell workout. I still have yet to try mine. I preordered Strike Zone and the Step workout. I didn't get the hi-lo medball because I'm not much for hi-lo. I haven't decided if I'll preorder Rumble yet, though I'll probably end up getting it eventually.

Shelley, I like your fun month plan. I might do something like plan the general workout (like upper body or cardio or whatever) and then choose what I like on the day. That might still be fun enough. I might end up doing Circuit Zone and ASC2 an awful lot.

Tneah, i don't like working chest, either, but it's also because I suck at pushups, not just that I have boobage. I always wonder what exactly chest work does for my shape. Will it help them stand up better or what?

Argh, I have a headache again. Ugh.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

HI guys,

I am sneaking on here while DH deals with Emma. }( We just finished watching The Bee Movie. Weird. :eek:

Leanne--Yea! I am so happy that you liked the workout! I am also amazed that kettlebells raise my heartrate so much without my feet ever leaving the ground. I am sure you will feel it tomorrow! }(

Shannon--Thank you for the advice on foot placement. I think I may have my feet too far forward. I will try moving them more to the middle next time. Thanks!

Tneah--Feeling any better yet?

Hi Deb and Lainie and Shelley! DH just came down and wants to start Charlie Wilson's War. Anyone see it?

Have a good night!

Kara :)

Deb--Shelley and Tneah said exactly what I would have about Tread 'n Tush. It is a perfect "bonus" workout for legs. I always feel it the next day! The walking lunges and wall squat get me every time!

Kara :)

Morning! Just running in to say hi before I head off to do some errands!

It's my last day of vacay! Waaaaaaaaah!!

Oh, and today is the 7th anniversary of my first date with Chris:)

Good morning, all!

I got up early and just had my oatmeal. Even though this will be our month of fun, I've decided to start writing down my food for the next week to stay on track with my eating a bit more. I'm not going to start logging things again on-line, but figured that writing things down will at least make me more aware of what I'm putting in my mouth. (Yes, I'm still stressing about those 2 1/2 pounds I gained, big time!) Today I have a kickboxing workout on my rotation, but am not sure which one I'll do. Any suggestions? It also turns out that one of the couples we were going to meet can still do brunch, so we'll be meeting them at 11:00. I checked out the menu of the place that we'll be going to, and I'm so worried that I'll be lured by the French toast . . . . I think I need an eating intervention!}(

Shelley -- Booo for the last day of vacation! Are you feeling better? Happy anniversary to you and Chris! Hopefully you can celebrate today! }(

Tneah -- Did you go see the SATC movie with Mitch last night? How was it? Are the new meds kicking in and making you feel a bit better?

Kara -- How did you like _Charlie Wilson's War_? We just saw it a few nights ago and really liked it. Yes, I'm definitely feeling yesterday's workout today! How has Colin been doing? Is he liking the program? Does Emma miss her brother?

Lainie -- I saw that you bought Amy's new workouts this morning, too!}( Did you get both of them? Even though I haven't been doing a lot of step lately, I decided to go ahead and order both. I'm esp. excited about the Rumble workout! Glad you decided to take the whole week off. So are you and Brian really thinking about moving? Is NYC still an option? When do you go in to the dentist to get those teeth pulled?

Deb -- Did you get up early this morning? I missed waking up to your first post! :) Only a few more days until you go get Keegan, right?

Shannon -- Hope you're having a relaxing weekend!

Jennifer -- We missed you yesterday! Hope your weekend is going well!

Hi, everyone!!

Oh, I'm so glad everyone is having FUN with their workouts!! Now, why on earth didn't we think of this before??? :7

I did Imax 1 yesterday, which I haven't done in forever. It was a whole lot of fun, and HARD. I haven't done that much plyo in over a year. First the stress fracture, then the calf tear. Sheesh. My calf handled it pretty well, but this morning it's kind of sore deep in the muscle. I should probably do low impact work for my next cardio, just to be safe.

I took a walk this morning before breakfast, which was nice. It was a brisk walk, but not a power walk. I got some pretty good hills in there, too. I really missed my walking this winter because of the calf injury. I always take my dog, and we go through the woods and stuff. Now that it's summer, I have to stay on the roads (too many bugs and stuff in the woods) and leave the dog at home because she can't handle long walks in the heat. But it was sure nice just to walk.

I'm off to do some cooking for the week, and hopefully work on that watercolor I started last week. Later I'm going to do GS - BSB. I'll see y'all tomorrow!

Hey All :)

Shannon, good to see you on the thread this weekend!:) Glad you got my email, whatcha cookin' today?:9 Your walk sounded wonderful, its already too hot here..in the upper 90's.}( yuk. I have to walk Georgie earlier in the day because once it hits the high here, it never really cools off, even at night. Imax the original is hard isn't it? I think my favorite Imax is number 2. It is hard, but still kinda fun for some reason.:D Post a picture of your watercolor please.

Shelley, happy anniversary darling!:) Any romantic plans scheduled tonight?;)

Kara, the Bee movie was the one with Jerry Seinfeld right? It did look a little strange. We liked Charlie Wilsons War, although I could not wrap my mind around Julia and her blond wig for some reason.:7

Leanne,girl, stop worrying over your water weight which will be gone in a few days! Do what you have to do with writing stuff down, but understand that its water. Go pick up some dandelion root or urva ursi at the health food store, they are mild diuretics that I personally use to get rid of extra water weight. :) Please enjoy your brunch with friends this morning! How fun, DH and I will be doing the same thing, without friends....all of our friends are in Florida and Utah actually. We made friends with one couple here in Vegas, but they work more than we do, so we rarely see them.

OK! Big news. Pardon the pun. We went and saw Sex and the City movie yesterday, its long, 2 1/2 hours. Not as good as the series. It felt weird to see it on the big screen, it lost some of its intimacy for me. Plus they made Miranda seem really mean and uptight, and focused so much on Carrie and her clothes and shoes, you missed the banter between Stanford and the others. Samantha had a few funny lines, Charlotte too, but it was really all about Carrie which was okay, but you missed the others personalities at times. I cannot say what happened in the end, but much prefer the last episode of the series to the movie. That last episode was brilliantly written and done. But all in all, it was good. Not great, good.:) There is one scene in the movie that had me practically sobbing though, my poor DH, I think he might have fallen asleep. I did not eat my sour worms, since today is my official cheat day, just wasn't in the mood.

I am hoping the new meds do not have my heart skipping beats today, that can be a little disconcerting. It was like that all day until about 5pm yesterday. So hopefully today will feel more normal.
Today is a rest day--finally! We will go to Joe's Stone Crab for brunch today, they have a fabulous lobster salad and an even more fab bread basket.:9 The rest of the day will be spent cleaning my floors, finishing up some laundry and reading...

Good Morning!

It's June and I can cound on one had the nice days we had in May..I certainly hope June has better weather. I still have not put my winter parka away, because believe it or not, I was using it early last week to walk Kelsey in the morning when it was 37 degrees!

We did get some needed rain yesterday.

Today I did 4DS, the warm up, weight work and 22 minutes of the kickboxing. I always use the "Weights First" pre-mix. This way if I get too tired to continue, I have the part I feel is important
done!

Well DH thought the bunnies had moved on...NOT! He was mowing the lawn in the yard and one kicked up and started running around the yard. We couldn't get him to go outside the fence, he ran under something and we lost him. So much for them being gone!

Shelly:
Glad you were feeling better yesterday.. in time for the weekend! Thanks for the info on the I-Tread tush one. I may look into it. Happy Anniversary!

Leanne:
Yes, DF is going back and forth on whether they should move closer or not..he is a country boy at heart, and does not want to give up all the space to be crowded in a suburban neighborhood. I can understand how he feels. I think your idea of doing a month of "fun" workouts is a good one, especially for those not feeling so enthusiastic about any workouts that are on their rotation..it is definitely better , as this type of burnout sometimes makes people stop altogether. We leave for Chicago ( Rocton Ill) on Thursday..

Lainie:
Ooo..a new patio? We did ours about 3 years ago and I just love it! Prior to that I would hardly go outside because I hated our yard so much. Now it is totally the opposite. I love just sitting out there reading. What type of paving will you be getting?

Kara:
Thanks for bringing the kettlebell info to the thread..you enabler you! }( ...I would really like to try that workout! No,, have not seen that movie..

Tneah:
How cute Georgie and the Bunnies! Sounds like you have a nice day planned ( except for the floor and laundry part! x()..I hope you finally have the right med dose and you start to feel better!

Shannon:
It sounds like you had a nice day walking with your dog, etc. When you say cooking for the week, what does that mean? I would like to do something like that, so we are not tempted to go out or eat take-out food during the week.

Have a great day!

Deb

Hey guys! Well, DH changed his mind about the movie and put in I Am Legend. What was I thinking when I rented this? I know…I was thinking about Will Smith, but should have at least read the case! I spent most of the movie behind a pillow because my hands over my eyes were not enough protection! Man, Will Smith was impressive doing pull-ups though!

Deb—Glad to be an enabler! I hope the weather improves in your area. I grew up in WI and remember spending most Memorial Day weekends shivering! So, you leave on Thursday? That is so exciting! I can’t wait to see the pics!

Shannon—Your walk sounds lovely! Has it gotten hot and humid in Arkansas yet? It is here! Blech! Have fun cooking!

Shelley—Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your last day of vacation!

Leanne—I plan on watching Charlie Wilson’s War in the next day or two. I am glad to see you liked it! Thanks for asking about Colin. He is doing pretty well. He has made some friends (yea!) and has been taking advantage of the fitness facilities there. My motivation for sending him was for the social aspect, so I am really glad he is having some fun. I have never had to push him academically, so if he walks away from this with low grades, but good friends, I will be happy! He takes his first fieldtrip to Vanderbilt this week. He gets to go “behind the scenes” in the labs, etc. He is excited! Emma was involved in some activities this past week, so she didn’t miss Colin that much. This weekend she has been a bit under the weather and sad that he is gone. We get to see him next Saturday for Family Day though. I can’t wait! How was brunch? Were you able to avoid the French toast? Are you enjoying your new rotation?

Lainie—Feeling better today? Do you enjoy house hunting? I think it is really fun! Would you try to find a newer (better plumbing) house? Pizza Hut is yummy. It is our Friday night ritual and my white flour fix! Did you enjoy it? I am so sorry that you had such a rough week!

Tneah—Yea, The Bee Movie was with Jerry Seinfeld. Emma was a little creeped out by the bee-human relationship! Julia does look odd in the blond wig. I remember watching the scene in Pretty Woman where Richard Gere sees, for the first time, her gorgeous red hair while she is lying in bed with envy! Her natural color (?) is so perfect for her that the blond is too distracting. Thank you for the SATC review. It was sweet of your DH to see it with you! How is your heart today? Are you feeling more energetic? Enjoy your brunch!

Well, I have to tend to laundry and P90X Back & Biceps. This workout is the toughest one for me, but has done wonders for my back and biceps (go figure.). Not necessarily fun, but I get to look at Tony for an hour!
Have a great day!

Kara

Happy Sunday Melters.

Today after church we went to this awesome nursery that the paving guy told us about. We went to look at the kind of stones he is thinking of putting on our paths and patio, so we could see the color choices and stuff, but we were also really impressed by the rest of the nursery. They had a really impressive selection of trees. Brian was practically salivating over the beautiful trees. It's just too bad he's already planted so many trees already so we don't have much room to plant more.

Kara, not sure if we'd get a newer house, but sometimes I think that might be nice (though I was so happy to get this old house with character since our first house was a new one). I don't know if we'll seriously move anyway, but we've moved every two years for a few years now and it's almost 2 years we've been here, so I think it's just our habit to look. Usually we're moving for good reason and quite far, though.

Deb, the pavers we will probably get are these, in either mojave beige or sandlewood: http://www.techo-bloc.com/homeowners/index.php?p=Products&e=view&productId=92

We need a path from the front sidewalk over to the driveway, plus a path down the side of the house to the back, plus a patio across the back. I hope we go ahead and get it soon because we plan to have a July 4th party and last year everyone ended up outside but we didn't really have a good seating place.

Tneah, I think I'll wait and see the SATC movie when it's out on video (but that's true of most movies since I had kids). I will probably watch it some time when DH is traveling. :p That's when I usually see chick flicks. I heard they dumbed down Charlotte in the movie as well. One of the moms at the bus stop (actually it's usually her hubby who comes to the bus) worked on that movie. She's in the art department painting sets and designing stuff, don't know her title exactly. She also worked on Across the Universe. Her husband also does some kind of crew work in movies and TV as well.

Shannon, your walk sounded nice. I got some walking done at that huge nursery, but it wasn't really a workout--except getting the stroller through muddy bits--that was pretty tough. I hope to join the fun workouts, too. I'll come back later with my idea, I think.

Leanne, I actually only ordered ASC3 for now. Amazing for me not to get every workout in an Amy presale, I know. I will probably get it eventually--maybe buy it from Advanced Workouts when she eventually carries it. I like to give Jen from AW lots of business. I am really excited about ASC3 since I loved 2 so much. I don't know if we're really thinking about moving, like I said to Kara, it might just be our wanderlust after having moved every couple of years. Also, I think Brian wants a new yard to tame and I want a workout room. :p We of course would love NYC but that's a bit complicated with kids--plus no yard for Brian there. I'll be getting my teeth pulled on Tuesday afternoon--not sure how that will affect eating and exercising this week!

Shelley, happy date anniversary. :D Sorry it's back to work time soon.

OK, gotta go do some cleaning. I'm thinking about my next FUN rotation so I'll probably bbl to talk about that.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Well, I couldn't resist the lure of the carbs . . . and splurged on a giant granola multi-grain waffle with berries and a side of eggs for brunch. I only ate half the waffle so I can have the rest tomorrow morning. }( So much for trying to get my diet in order! When we got home, I ended up dozing on the couch for a bit while DH was reading. It was heavenly!

Shannon -- Sounds like you're having a fabulous weekend! Glad to hear, too, that your calf isn't totally screaming at you after doing Imax 1, but it does sound like a good idea to do low-impact stuff the rest of the week. I have Imax 1 on my rotation for Tuesday, so it'll be fun to do it. I haven't done that one in ages. Of course, I read that thread about how someone's "chicken cutlet" falls out, so I'll have to look for that -- if I'm not too busy gasping for air! Yes, please post a picture of your painting when you finish it!

Tneah -- Thanks for the head's up about the diuretics. I think I'll pick some up tomorrow when I'm out running errands. Glad you enjoyed the movie last night! I've only seen one or two episodes of SATC, but have been thinking about getting the seasons from Netflix to maybe watch over the summer. Are you enjoying your cheat day?}( How was brunch? I know -- it's so hard to meet new people when you move to a new town. Hope you had a yummy meal! How are the heart palps today? Hopefully they're GONE!

Kara -- I was curious about I Am Legend. Was it just super gory? I end up hiding behind pillows, too! Glad that Colin is doing well at his summer program and really taking advantage of the program. How exciting that he gets to go to Vanderbilt, too! Will you be able to spend the whole day with him next Saturday? Is Emma feeling better today? Pizza Hut is our usual Friday dinner, too! Love that pizza!;-)

Deb -- Hopefully some warm summer weather will be on its way to you soon! And I do hope that your DF makes the decision to move closer to you; it sounds like it'll be a tough change for him to adjust to suburban living. I posted a link that takes you directly to the preview for that KB DVD, but here it is again in case you missed it:

http://www.beacon-fitness.com/Media.html

How have you been liking your hair, by the way? Are you used to the new cut now? Hope so!:)

Lainie -- Those pavers are beautiful and would look so nice in your yard! How cool that you know someone who works in the art dept. of films. I can see how your wanderlust would make looking into new houses fun. NYC would be such a great place to live, but I've heard just how expensive it is there. Our new Tracey S. workouts should be here later this week! I'm really looking forward to it since I've been in such a kickboxing mode lately. I wasn't going to pre-order ASC3 since I haven't been in a step groove lately and still don't have ASC2, but figured that it would be fun to have some new stuff for later this summer and I knew that you and Robin really liked ASC2. Are you nervous at all for Tuesday's dentist appointment? I had to have quite a few permanent teeth pulled out when I got braces back in junior high school, and it wasn't too bad, but you really made need to take a few days off from working out afterwards. Don't overdo it!:)

Edited to add: I haven't been feeling like beading much lately b/c I'm still not enjoying this necklace that I've been working on. Yesterday, though, I signed up to take this class in September:

http://www.cynthiarutledge.net/art/workshops/n-belle-epoque-2-f.jpg

I love the instructor and she makes such beautiful things! I just need to find something to work on in the meantime! The local store where I used to take a lot of classes has moved into knitting and metalwork more, and so they haven't offered as many beading classes at all lately. I'm going up to Los Angeles to take the above class and also two others in August. Should be fun!

Oh, I'm so excited! I was signed up to take this beading class in late August, but I just checked the instructor's website, and she now offers the necklace as a kit -- meaning that it's $30 cheaper than the class *and* it includes all the beads (which I would have to buy myself for the class). So I canceled the class and bought the kit. Here it is:

http://www.schoolofbeadwork.com/productimages/kits/inf_loop_rose_whole.jpg

What do you all think? Do you think it's too gaudy? It's different from anything else I've made, which I thought would be a good thing. DH, being the math teacher that he is, loved it b/c it's very "geometrical." I'm hoping it comes soon since I need something fun to work on!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.