It's "Keegan" Thursday MELTERS!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Just running by to start us off today...then it's packing, getting Kelsey to the "dog sitter" and off to the airport!

No time for personals today...I hope you all have a wonderful weekend..I will be back on Sunday with pictures!

Deb
:) :)

RE: It's

Oh boy, Deb! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear how it goes and to see lots and lots of pictures!

I got up at 4:30 to take the dogs out and then do my run, and I had such bad cramps and back cramps that I just took some Advil and went back to bed. Now I probably won't get a workout in today because we have a big groundbreaking ceremony for our new site this afternoon and I'll get home late. I'm mad at myself.x(

Hello Melters.

Deb-have fun on your trip.

Shelley-it's not worth it to be mad at yourself. And, hope you feel better soon.

Tneah, Leanne-did you get your pm?

Last night, a friend came over to upload office 2000 to his notebook pc and to rewrite his resume on word. He opened an account with Monster, applied for a position, and got an interview too. His unemployment is to end in almost 6 weeks and he's been putting applications in everywhere. Then, we walked to a foreclosed home that's selling for nothing (pratically).
For me, my work has been extremely slow. They say we're not in a financial crisis but that's not the truth. There are alot of issues going on too.

Kara-how are you?

No workouts planned for this week. Weather has been rainy so it's hard to walk.Thinking about walking the pier on Lake MI on Sat. morning to get away for a bit.

I have mon and tues off of next week. Can't wait.

OK, ladies, so I was up before 5:00 this morning b/c I didn't sleep at all last night. I'm feeling down b/c I'm missing my mom, but then DH's mom also called last night and they sold their house in Wisconsin and the buyers want to close escrow on June 20 -- which means that my BIL and possibly my ILs will be moving in with us in just over two weeks! I'm so upset by all this. Right as DH starts his summer break, his brother will be living with us, which means that any plans we had for vacation are out the door.

We'll find out more info today to see if their counter-offer gets accepted. I also asked DH to talk to his brother about how long he plans to stay with us. DH doesn't feel "comfortable" asking his brother, so I told him to ask his brother how much cleaning out of the guest room closet we have to do before he arrives as a way to gauge the extent of his stay. Again, my BIL is a nice guy, but don't you think it's time that a 35-year-old man got a place of his own? His divorce was over five years ago (if not longer) and he's back on his feet now, especially since he's been living with their parents for over two years now. (Am I a jerk or what?!) I could see him staying with us for a few weeks until he finds a place to live here in San Diego, but it sounds like he wants to stay with us for months and months, especially if he decides to go back to school. Plus, MIL and FIL still want to stay with us "for a few days" until they find an apartment. DH is going to talk with them about staying with FIL's mother. I think I'll honestly go nuts if they move in, too. Am I a complete jerk for not wanting his family to stay with us?!! I'm worried that it makes me a really bad person.

OK, sorry for the pity party. What a day! I did get my new bead kit in the mail yesterday, so I think that I'll try to get started on that new necklace today and just stay home and mope and cry and miss my mom. I'll also try to get my workout in later on -- I think I'm scheduled to do Imax 1 today, but I may swap it out for Imax 2 since that one is much more fun.

Hooray, Deb, for picking up Keegan! Be sure to post some photos when you get back with him!!

Shelley -- You poor thing with those awful cramps! Please don't be mad at yourself for not working out again! We all have those weeks when illness or something else kicks in, and you certainly couldn't have worked out today with those awful cramps. Just try to be super good with your eating today, and do a kick-butt workout tomorrow }( when you feel better to make up for missing today! Besides, Drill Max probably burned a gazillion calories for you yesterday (and, yes, DM is definitely known to burn that many!) Oh, thanks for the juicy gossip about the wedding photo! Your friend on the right does look absolutely smitten with you! ;-)

Jennifer -- Just got your PM, but haven't responded yet. Will you keep us all posted today on what you find out? Glad you have a long weekend to look forward to!

Tneah -- Oh, your poor swollen legs! Are they any better this morning? What are you reading right now? Anything fun that you'd recommend? Does DH get back today from San Fran? SF is also one of my favorite cities ever. Any fun plans for today, chica? Are you going to try the hot yoga soon?

Kristi -- How neat that so many members of your family are in education, and that you and your DH both were/are able to work with education in your careers as lawyers. What a big change your father must be undergoing with his retirement this year! Does he have plans for afterwards or is he just going to enjoy the time off? Where in San Diego does your SIL live? Not sure if you're familiar with SD, but we're in the north part of the county, up in Carlsbad. Glad that your swim went well last night and you didn't have those cramps again!

Lainie -- How are you feeling today, babe? We've missed you and hope that your healing is going smoothly. Will you be going in today to get the braces on or did you push the appointment back until next week?

Kara -- How are your ankle and head today? Hooray for the new countertops coming today! You'll have to post a photo when they're all finished being installed. I bet you're really looking forward to seeing Colin on Saturday, too! How has Emma been with her brother gone? Will she be doing any summer-camp-type stuff to keep busy this summer?

Shannon -- How are you doing? Has work been really busy still with that new project? Is your calf feeling any better, and did you decide what workouts you'll be doing the rest of the week?

Good morning, all!
I'm just stopping in really quickly before I hop on my elliptical for an iTrain -- I wanted to send Leanne big {{{HUGs}}} and warm thoughts today!

BBL for more personal interaction! BTW I don't know how y'all get up so early!:)

Leanne - you wrote a book LOL!! I'm sending you lots and lots of big squeezy {{{hugs}}} today. You just do whatever it takes to get you through the day. I think beading and moping and crying sounds just about perfect:)

Tneah and Kristi - I'll try not to let my smitten friend know that you think he's cute. It'll go straight to his head:p

I need to go read yesterday's thread again to find out what else I need to reply to.

Aw, thanks so much, Kristi! I really, really appreciate it! Hope you have a good workout on your elliptical this morning! I think all that cleaning that you and the girls did yesterday should count as an extra workout, too!;-)

I was just popping back in to see that I was just checking out thread about the person who wants to switch back from being a vegan to being a vegetarian -- and I saw Shelley's rock-hard, super-muscular back! Wow, girl! You are in *seriously* amazing shape! I sure wish my back and arms looked like that!:)

Well, I'm going to go ahead with the braces today, I guess. I have the appointment, I have a husband willing to part with money (a rarity with him) and I have a sitter coming. Might as well go ahead.

My teeth (or the holes where they once were) are a little sore, but not too bad. Plus I figure getting new braces will involve some pain so might as well get it all over with at once. I figure the orthodontist knows if it's o.k. to do braces two days after the teeth removal. On the other hand, I have a long history of mistaken doctors, so I don't know why I still trust them.

I feel so behind on personals but I've been a little tired and drugged out. I'd love to just sleep all day. I actually got a chance to do some Open forum surfing yesterday but then I did so much of that I didn't come back here. So hard to do everything I want to do!

Hope to BBL depending on how I feel later.

Oh, and quick and big squeezy (((HUGS))) to Leanne. Family and in-laws can be such a pain and inconvenience but we're stuck with them (most of the time).

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Okay, back after reading yesterday's thread again.

Leanne - thanks for the compliments on my back.:) You asked about Sophie and school. Her last day of school is June 25th. She will be going to a couple of different day camps this summer. One of them (the one her dad sends her to) is a City run camp that she's not thrilled with, but they do some fun things. The other one (that I send her to) is on a farm, with horseback riding, archery, arts and crafts, swimming, etc. She loves that one, but it's more than double the price of the City one.

Tneah - how are those legs today? I'm sure it was the leg work. Mine do that sometimes after a heavy leg workout too.

Kristi - I'm the senior administrator for a property development company, which basically means I do everything:p I don't even have an undergrad degree, so going back to school is pretty daunting in both the time and money aspects. Sophie is very talented at the fashion thing. She designs outfits and loves to draw clothing, etc. She wants to be a geologist though. She has for years. I'm glad you got the swim over with last night and it went smoothly!

Good morning, Melters!

Deb - you probably won't see this, but I'm so excited Keegan is finally coming to his new home!!

Shelley - well, now, you can just take the rest of the week off, like I'm doing! Ha! I'm sorry you have to work late. That stinks.

Leanne - I hope you feel better soon. I'm glad you got those flowers for your mom's grave yesterday. I'd just have to put my foot down about family moving in! A few days, sure. But your BIL definitely needs to find his own place ASAP! He's an adult, after all. Good grief. Hang in there, girl. Oh - the work project is moving right along. I'm at a standstill right now, waiting for input from others.

Kristi - how was that iTrain?

Lanie - Good luck with those braces! Don't worry about personals. You've had a lot to deal with lately!

Well, I've decided to take the rest of the week off from exercising. I'm not overly thrilled about it, but I know it's the right thing to do. I thought about doing more upper body, but I wasn't in the mood last night. Hopefully a few more days of rest and stretching the muscle will take care of the problem!!!

Shannon - nope, won't be doing that, thanks ;)

Leanne - I can't believe I forgot to comment on the IL situation, especially BIL! You are NOT a bad person for not wanting him or them to stay with you! For crying out loud, this man is 35 years old. He should be able to find his own place pretty quickly and not rely on you and DH. BTW, is he paying you some kind of rent for the time he stays with you? Because otherwise he's just a freeloader. Sorry, but I feel pretty strongly about having my personal space invaded so rudely like that, and would be super-duper ticked off if I was you!

Well, I'm back -- something is wrong with my elliptical. Bummer (she says with some amount of relief!) I'll call the service guy later. I guess I'll also try that FitTV version of Low Max later. I could actually use a rest day. I'll spend the day cleaning out (finishing, I hope) with DDs.

I'm sending happy thoughts for a nice, safe trip for Deb. Is she going to pick up a dog???

Shelley -- I'm sorry you're still feeling yucky! But I agree that you shouldn't be mad at yourself -- stuff just happens. Sophie's camps sound fun, esp. the second one. My girls are going to be super busy this summer, but the scariest thing they are doing is DRIVER'S ED!!!!! YIKES!!!!!

Jennifer -- I hope your work picks up. What do you do? Sorry your weather has been icky. I hope it's nice for your days off!

Leanne -- Oh, my! I can totally understand your frustration over the IL situation. Did you anticipate that they'd be moving in with you or is it a surprise? You are definitely NOT a jerk!!! Sounds like your BIL needs to be forced to stand on his own two feet. PLEASE don't beat yourself up for your feelings -- you are certainly not a bad person. IMHO, it is totally appropriate to open your home to family for a few days or for a bit longer if they are in some sort of particular need, but this sounds like you could get taken advantage of. IL issues can be so tricky!!! I hope you enjoy your new jewelry kit -- can't wait to see the finished product! While you're moping today, play some music that you love to lift your spirits a bit. :) My parents are driving to Canada the day after my dad retires. They will stay there for a month in the cabin of some friends. Then I don't know what they'll do. I'm not sure where my SIL lives -- she's lived there for years, but we've only been out there once. Her address is Windward Ridge Way, 92121, if that tells you anything.

Kara -- How are your bumps and bruises this morning? Better, I hope! I'd love to hear about your kitchen project.

Lainie -- I'm glad your teeth are better. Good luck with the braces!

Shannon -- I hope your week off exercise will help your calf. You mentioned your work project -- what do you do? [I feel like I'm asking a bunch of questions everyone else knows the answer to -- I'm sorry!]

Tneah -- Hope your legs are better! What did you think about Top Chef? Those pigs were GROSS!!! What did you think of the outcome?

Kristi - I hope your elliptical is fixed soon! And YIKES is right! Driver's Ed??? Eek!!! Good advice to Leanne, btw:) And thanks for the compliment on my back. It's my fave body part to work.

Thanks, ladies, for all the kind words and advice! You gals are all so wonderful!:) DH just called after talking to his mom, and *she* wants to also stay with us a few nights when they get here to "visit" with us. I mean, heck -- we'll see her and visit with her when she's here, so why does she have to stay with us?! It means that someone is going to be sleeping on the pull-out couch, and that I won't be able to do my workouts in the morning. UG! I'm so, so sorry to vent so much about all this. This will be my last pity party of the day, I promise! You won't hear me complain any more today! ;-)

Shelley -- Your back and arms really are fantastic, babe. It sounds like Sophie has a fantastic summer planned! That camp that you're sending her to sounds like so much fun! I always hated going to camp since I'm such a homebody. I never have liked being away from home, and I also hate having guests for an extended period of time. ;-) Is Sophie also still keeping up with her pottery classes? Part of the frustrating thing about the BIL moving in with us is that he's not going to be paying any rent at all so he can "get back on his feet." He's on his feet! I mean, he has more money saved up than we do right now! I'm like you, too, and I hate people invading my space.

Lainie -- Sending you big {{{HUGS}}} for those braces today! Don't worry about not doing personals -- you just rest and come home and sleep today! Remember that Advil will also be your friend the next few days! Will Brian help you with the boys when you get back from your appointment or can the baby sitter stay and help? You need to rest and take care of yourself!

Shannon -- Sounds like a great idea to take the rest of the week off from working out! I know it's not what you want to do, but it'll ensure that your calf doesn't get worse. Sorry that the work project is still no fun! :-(

Kristi -- Yes, Deb is flying out to Chicago to pick up a new puppy named Keegan. Sounds like the elliptical not working is a good thing since you've been training so hard lately. If you don't get a chance to try Low Max, then definitely just rest today. Yes, we've known for quite some time that BIL would be moving in with us. After going through his divorce a few years ago, he decided that he needed a change and wanted to move back out here to SD (where DH and he are both from) from Wisconsin to create that change. Since it's just the two sons, their mom and stepdad decided to move back out here, too. So we've known it was coming, but the thing that is just so frustrating is that my DH won't ask his brother for any kind of time frame as to how long he plans on staying with us. Sounds like your parents have a nice trip planned for when your DF retires. Wow! Your girls will be doing driver's ed this summer -- scary! ;-) I Mapquested your SIL's zip code, and it looks like she lives in Mira Mesa, which is a suburb in central SD and a nice place to live. You should take a visit out here sometime soon!

Tneah -- Where are you today, chica? I miss you!:)

Leanne - I so feel for you, having all those people invading your home. You know, this sounds awful, but Chris and I don't have a guest room, so people can't really just drop in on us and stay. They have to be invited and we have to make arrangements to borrow my sister's inflatable bed (which I think is pretty comfortable, but Shannon would know since she's slept on it). I know your DH doesn't want to be rude, but really, you NEED to know how long BIL is planning to stay. Sophie's pottery course ended in April, but we'll sign back up for the fall, I think, since she loves it so much. And you can complain all you want!

Kristi - where in Canada will your parents be visiting?

Lainie - good luck today!

Tneah - I know you're out there, I saw you post in the OD!

Crap! I was writing my own little novel to you guys, and I just lost it!:eek:

So I have to cut it short, but you know me, I will be back later one to chat more!

Shelley, a woman burns very little fat during her period according to my research, its a hormonal thing, do not sweat the missed workout this morning, you are in incredible shape. It would take more than 50 missed workouts to effect you lady! :)

Leanne, before he moves in you need to put your foot down and ask him how long he plans to stay, tell him you had planned for x amount of time and then was hoping he would find his own place...if you do not do this, he will take up residence and not leave. Just look at how he lived with the parents for so long? Only you can do this, its your home for crying out loud. Get this out into the open right away so there is no confusion! If all else fails, I will come rescue you when I get down to SD for the summer.

Lainie, my thoughts are with you Lainie-bug. Its gonna be a rough day huh?:-(

Jennifer, got your email, responded. :)

Kristi, gross on the pig roasting! Fell asleep during the last half, but cannot believe Antonia went home and not the horrid Lisa! Sorry bout your elliptical.

Shannon, you are so wise. Yes, a rest week is exactly what your calf needs and I applaud you for taking that time.

Deb, cannot wait to see Keegan!

Kara, whats shakin woman, how's that head and ankle this morning?

Hi to our traveler Robin....my legs still hurt, so does my back and my hip flexors...sheesh its like I am 90 years old this morning.:)

I have upper body today along with a Spinervals workout I think...bbl cause this post was really lame!

Back to ask Shelley if I can go to camp too with Sophie this summer?:7 It sounds like sooo much fun! I never went to camp growing up, we were kinda poor and I do not think they had camp where we lived or something..:)

Shelley - well, I didn't think you would. ;) And yes, that inflatable bed is quite comfy!!

Kristi - if you think you need a rest day, then take it. I know from experience - don't second-guess yourself on that one. You'll pay for it later. I'm a writer, but right now I'm playing at being a graphic designer because we're short on staff. I'm updating a 400-pg manual for our lovely board of directors. :p

Leanne - tell them you don't have enough room for everyone! It's bad enough that you have so many guests at once... but bunking down in your living room too? Just open up a boarding house and quit your day job. :p

Tneah - that's interesting that a woman burns less fat during her period. I guess it makes sense though. Nothing else goes right during that time, either! Hopefully your upper body workout will give your lower body time to rest!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.