I'll stop the world and MELT with you Thursday

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning ladies!

How is everyone today? I don't think I'm melting, but I don't think I'm gaining either, so that's good. And I think PMS is ALREADY here. *insert scowly face here* OH wait!!! x( There:)

I got up early again and the SB/SJP cardio circuit and SJP abs since I won't have time to work out later. I'm getting my hair cut and then have to get groceries so I can avoid going to the grocery store at all costs on the weekend.

Hopefully today will pass by quickly at work, and then tomorrow will be a good day because we have our staff lunch and then usually go home early!

Good Morning Shelley and all that follow!

I just finished S&H Triceps, Biceps & Abs.. nice workout. I am really looking forward to the new series. I hope it has a lot of heavy weight work. DH wanted suggestions on what to get me for Christmas...I said a gift certificate to Cathe to use for the new series, but I have no idea how much it will be so I don;t know what amount to tell him to get. Maybe $500.00 ? }( just kidding!

I will be back later for personals... DH and I are going out for breakfast! "I will be good... I will be good..."... keep saying that!

Deb :)

Hey hey Melters!

I have a sore throat, a snotty nose, a headache, and goopy eyeballs. I think what I need to help me feel better is a pair of homemade leg warmers filled with Sees chocolates, oh! -- and a steaming hot casserole of cheesy baked ziti would be nice, too :9 :D . Sees always puts a kiosk in the mall here over the holidays and I've been avoiding it like the plague.

I haven't worked out in over a week and unless I start feeling better, I won't be working out today either. ;(

My carpet was installed yesterday. I can't believe how long it took them to put carpet in one room!! First of all, they got here about an hour late, then it took them nearly 8 hours to finish the job. My floors aren't exactly even which made it difficult to match the pattern in the carpet (it's a small check). I love it -- it's a wool loop and it feels so luxurious! It's like my floor is wrapped in a big cozy sweater.

My SIL arrived safe and sound last night and I need to check in with her and find out what she'd like to do today. My BIL and his family will be here tomorrow. I may not have time to check in everday but I'll do my best.

Sorry for the lack of personals, but you know you have my very best wishes for a Merry Melting. :*

I am up with the early birds! Wow.:) I have to go with DH to his heart doctor this morning, he has a mitral valve prolapse ( I guess its pretty common) but they like to keep an eye on it every 6 months or so, and he will not go by himself!x( I told him he gets to come with me to my annual gyno appt.;) Kidding.

Shelley, enjoy your staff lunch and your early PMS. Geez, already??:eek:

Deb, enjoy breakfast, that must the easiest meal to eat "clean" for me, I am not a huge fan of breakfast foods.

Michele, take care of yourself, I am so sorry you are sick. Your rug sounds wonderfully warm and inviting. Curl up, take your vitamins, drink your fluids and get some rest today!

Happy Melting to all that follow. I am with Shelley, I haven't gained or lost, maybe its the heavier weight workouts, I seem to always hover around the same weight-flucuating two or three pounds. x( Its frustrating, I think after the new year I may stop eating altogether.:7 Yeah right.

Hi all,

I am back. I did not do any real damage at breakfast ( pancakes & fatty meat means damage to me). I had scrambled eggs with sweet peppers and a little cheddar cheese with dry rye toast. A locksmith is coming at 11:00 to put a new lock on our front door.. This is why I was asking a while back for brass polish ideas. I want the door knocker to look good with the new door handle which I ordered in antique brass.

Robin:
don't panic! It will all get done. It usually does! ;-)

Judy:
Did you do the original boot camp? I have a hard time going heavy in circuit workouts. They are just too fast for me.

Shannon:
Good luck at the doctors today.

Shelley:
Thanks for the offer to post my pic. I finally got it figured out! Are you getting a trim or a major hair cut? you have to post if it is major!

Tneah:
Thanks to you for walking me through that picture posting thing! I could never eat 1/2 of a Sees candy. I am lucky if I stop at 1/2 of the box!:9 . You have to post a pic of your new hair cut. Chocolate dipped strawberries.. yuk.. what an awful thing to do to a strawberry or to chocolate. Love them both but not together! good thing there are some sinful things I don;t like!

Leanne:
Welcome! Woew 13 lbs since August is great! High ^^^'s to you! :7
I just finished one week of S&H, and will probably keep going with it. I love San Diego. My husband went to college there. We went backafter 30 years and he was amazed at how much it changed. Did you ever try any of those recipes that are posted using the Lean Dessert shake stuff? I am tempted to order the sample pack that they had posted just to try the bananna nut bread. yum!

Lainie:
Some how I think you still need a real rest. JMO.. you have to do what feels right for you. I hope you had fun at the concert! :)

TK:
Good for you on getting to fit in those pants! I love when that happens. :) I think we will nick name you "Jane" for those home made leg warmers!

Michele:
I hope you are feeling a little better before all your company arrives! I bet the carpet looks great!

Have a great day!

Deb :)

Good morning, everyone, and thanks for the warm welcome!:)

My weigh-in days are on Fridays, so I'll have to see what's been going on this week. The odd thing is that last week I was completely over my calorie limit several days (because of my two-year-old niece's b-day party at Chuck E. Cheese -- couldn't resist that greasy pizza or the delicious cupcakes my SIL bought! yum! -- and a holiday party), and yet it was the most weight loss I'd had in awhile (1.5 pounds). I guess my metabolism needed a boost. Don't you wish that would work every week?!

Do any of you use calipers to measure your body fat? We have a Tanita scale that I'd been using for over a year, but my body fat was always depressingly high. Using the calipers, though, makes my readings much better. I'm telling myself that it's because the scale doesn't pick up all my muscle (ha ha).

Later this morning, I'll be doing Imax 3. I know it's probably not the best workout to do today since I just did GS Legs yesterday, but it was bad planning on my part, and I'm trying to squeeze in one interval workout each week.

Shelley -- On no! PMS right before the holidays?! Not good at all!

Deb -- Your breakfast sounded so good, and also healthy! The brass handle will probably look lovely once it's installed. There's always something so "homey" about brass. Where did your DH go to school? I went to UCSD. Yes, San Diego has sure changed since I was a kid, and we keep hoping that it won't become like LA! I've also been trying some of the Lean Dessert recipes, but have mostly been using them in shakes or, like this morning, mixed into my oatmeal. I'm really addicted to them, though! I also want to try the banana nut bread since I haven't tried it yet.

Michele -- We should FedEx you some leg warmers and See's to help you fight that cold. I'm sure that they would do the trick!:)

Tneah -- You definitely need to post some photos of your new 'do! Did you get it cut in Vegas or in San Diego? I just tried a new salon in Encinitas, and really like the woman I went to. I've got that A-line bob going right now, and it's pretty easy to style.

Lainie -- How are you feeling? Did you attempt to do some of the 4DS yesterday? Will you make it to that yoga class tomorrow?

Have a good day, everyone!

Hi melters. No time for personals. I'm at work and it's been busy. My knee was really achy last night. It kept me awake. I'm going to take today off. Of course, the yummy treats are still here at work. And some Doofus Chuckledoodle brought in a tray full of homemade cookies. Oh, well, maybe I'll start to melt in January.

Hi Melters. This morning I needed my Christi Taylor fix so I chose my most favoritest step DVD of all, Totally Cool Step. She must have spent a fortune getting the rights to use all that Motown music, but that's part of what makes it so fun.

To all who've had a laugh about my homemade legwarmers: I may have thrown them out, but if I haven't I will take a pic and post it. There were at least two pairs I knitted - one in a beautiful shade of 80's mauve and another in white. The others in my Elaine Powers aerobics class were so envious. :7

Shelley: I guess all's well at your supermarket now. Did you ever find out why all the rescue vehicles were there the other day? Enjoy your luncheon.

Deb: I'm on the fence about getting Cathe's new series. Regardless, I do think it will be expensive. When more information becomes available I guess I'll decide.

Michele: Be careful what you ask for, if I find those legwarmers I might just send them to you! Hope you feel better.

Tneah: LOL about asking your DH to go with you to the gyno. My DH would faint or something if he went with me.

Leanne: The same thing happens to me sometimes. If I've been cutting back and hit a plateau, a couple days of eating more calories sometimes gets the scale moving in the right direction.

Robin: Have you seen the doctor yet about your knee? It's been achy for a while, so maybe you should get it checked out.

TK, I saw a doctor the Monday after it got injured. He thought it was just a sprain and gave me an anti-inflammatory and told me to rest for two weeks. It's much better - no swelling, shart pain or grinding. Just achiness. My DH, who also has knee issues, thinks it just needs more time to heal.

Hi TK,

Awhile back, I posted a message on the Open Discussion board about getting a Christi Taylor step workout, and I think you were one of the people who responded and encouraged me to get one of her DVD's!:) I ended up getting her Fantastic Four DVD set, but I have to admit that I haven't tried it yet because I'm still working on some choreography from a new Amy Bento step routine. I'm hoping to try Christi next week! Thanks again for the recommendation! :)

Hey All!

Just doing a quick drive-by to say Hi! This busy is turning out to be as crazy as last week at work and I've been working late so the only workout I've managed to do (once) this week is PUB. :-(

Anyway, congrats to those that are maintaining, at least! I'm sure I probably gained during the week with my lack of exercise and not-so-good eating.

No time for personals but just want to mention:

Leanne: WELCOME!!

Shelley: I was actually willing my PMS to come early this month... I know that must sound CRAZY, but I rather have it now than when I start my vacation next week and that's exactly when it will begin!

Have a great rest of the day!!!

Robin,

Could you have a little arthritis goin' on in that knee? I know I "tweaked" mine yesterday doing those hops back and forth (4DS Bootcamp) and I thought of you!:) Youch! I am taking a rest day because of it, I had surgery about 12 years ago on the knee-I tore my ACL/miniscus ligaments so my doc said that arthritis might form in it later on...oh boy, oh boy.x(
I am sending get well wishes your way!

Leanne: I'm always pleased to be spending someone else's money! Anyway, Step Heaven is my favorite from Fantastic 4. Still Steppin' is fun too. I always giggle in the first combo where you fan yourself while doing a v-step.

If you can get Amy Bento choreo, then Christi will be a breeze. Not that Amy's choreo is harder, it's just that her cuing is not near as good as Christi's.

>
>No time for personals but just want to mention:
>
>Leanne: WELCOME!!
>

Thanks, B! I appreciate it!
:)

>Leanne: I'm always pleased to be spending someone else's
>money! Anyway, Step Heaven is my favorite from Fantastic 4.
>Still Steppin' is fun too. I always giggle in the first combo
>where you fan yourself while doing a v-step.
>
>If you can get Amy Bento choreo, then Christi will be a
>breeze. Not that Amy's choreo is harder, it's just that her
>cuing is not near as good as Christi's.

Oh, that's so nice to hear! I've been trying to get Amy's first Advanced Step Challenge down before I open up my Christi's set. My brain's been hurting from Amy's, so it's nice to hear that Christi is a much better cuer! :)

Question:
When any of you have a day that isn't filled with activity, is actually kinda "boring?" Do you feel strange, like you need to still run around and be active regardless?
I feel guilty today, not much happening round here, got all the holiday stuff done, wrote my articles, helped the guys from work with ads and stuff, fed them, I am taking an "off" day from exercise, its just strange, I do not know what to do if I am not running around like a madwoman.:eek: Makes me feel lazy or something...ahhh maybe I am an "overachiever" right?:7

Oh and thanks for the compliment on my silly Christmas poeme Leanne!:) Told ya I was bored today!

Hey Melter types-

I did not see this thread earlier. Silly me. I was on this morning and have been busy all day.

This cold virus is still here. I like Michelle 's idea of leg warmers with Sees candy. OT here: I remember being jealous of my sister and her leg warmers. I went with her to an aerobics class once and everyone was bare foot! (Ok now I am really dating myself!)

Yesterdays 'practice appetizers' were 50% acceptable. The stuffed mushrooms from Vegetarian Times got the big thumbs down form my family. But today I found a much tastier (I hope) recipe from the Every Day Italian with no weird ingredients. The asparagus mini quiches were good, but my guys won't eat them any way. DD and I had them for dinner two nights in a row.

Exercise today was Karen Voight's yoga sculpt in the morning ( my stuffy head did not like the down dogs) and in the afternoon iClimb#5 40 min. on EXT.

Deb- Yes it was Cathe's original BC. I have been going heavy on UB as a rule anyway, but on lower body I do a more endurance orientated approach. So heavy LB weights kicked my butt literally! Nice breakfast!

Shelly - How is the new do? I have been at the grocery store twice already this week and will need to go once more before the Eve of Christmas. Yuck.

Robin- Dang that achy knee. I bet your DH is right about resting it a bit longer.

Michelle- Thank you for the card!!!!

TK - Hope you had fun with your step WO today!

Hi B, Tneah, Shannon, Lanie, Leanne

I am wiped out, but I must get some laundry done.

tata :)

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Judy - sorry to hear that you've fallen victim to the demon cold! Look after yourself. By the way, did I mention that I received your card and what lovely pictures!!! Thank you:)

Tneah- I'm exactly the same. I have completed everything on my list today and am now sitting here twiddling my thumbs trying to figure out if I should start on tomorrow's!

I got the hair chopped. It's a very layered, very choppy version of the angled bob with messy bangs. I think I like it:)

Ooh, I'm back, Shelley, did you get the "Posh?":) I love that haircut, if you can pull it off, and I know you could cause I saw the picture of your last haircut, it was angled too, so this is more choppy layers? Oh how adorable and sexy!:7 Sadly, my hair is too fine to handle the style, and I have a very angular jaw (I call it my "man-jaw) so it would look terrible on me, but I love that particular cut, very cool.

You are welcome Shelly!

I am waiting for the last load of laundry to dry so I can fold it and be done for the day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.