I lie about cardio - Hate - Sat Jan 20

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Morning haters. Well, it's a good thing we postponed our romantic getaway for a couple weeks. DH is feeling miserable with a cough and sore throat. I'm probably just going to spend the day running some errands with Emily and Greyor and maybe doing some housework. I have a couple promising books from the library too. Oh, and cardio. Yeah, I have an hour or so of cardio to do. I'm thinking Cardio Fusion may hit the spot today. Hope you all have a marvelous Saturday that only contains as much cardio as you think is neccessary.

Good morning Robin and all!!

I LOVE the thread title today:7

Robin, I'm so sorry about your poor DH. Is he a big baby when he's sick like my DH? My poor DH is pathetic when he's sick--lol! As for your trip to the Finger Lakes, how great is it that you'll get to celebrate Groundhog Day in a wine bar!?:7

Cardio Fusion:eek: ;( :eek: ;( :eek: ;( . I re-gifted mine:eek: :7 . It was so generous of Cathe to give it to us and I was sure she'd be pleased that I passed it on to someone who will love it and do it.

I did not do a workout yesterday. I had lunch with my friend and it was kind of weird. I don't know how to explain it, but we don't see much of each other anymore and I think we've cultivated different interests. I left her company kind of feeling like I would've had more fun with you guys. Anyway, she has a couple of bad habits that have always bothered me and they particularly bothered me yesterday. It had been a few months since we'd spent time together and we don't talk much on the phone either, so I was hurt and, quite frankly, angered that she spent about 20 minutes chatting on her cell phone with another friend while we were together. She's always done that (rude IMHO) and it's always been a sore spot, but it bothered me A LOT more than usual yesterday, probably because we hadn't seen each other in ages. I wondered to myself why she didn't just go out with that friend! I have to say that it really hurt my feelings. We've been friends for nearly 30 years -- I'm the appointed guardian of her children in the event that something happens to her -- that's how close we've been in the past, so I'm feeling pretty blue about the current state of our relationship. She and her DH are pretty wealthy and I think they're running in a different crowd now, if you know what I mean.

Well, I'm off to my favorite annual antique show:D :D :D :D . You girlies have a great day and I'll check back later:*

I totally ran out of time to post this morning! Anyway, I was able to squeeze in Christi's Still Stepping followed by the abs from CTX Kickboxing minus the planks (what? You say that the abs from that one is all planks? I don't know what you're talking about!).

Robin - What a bummer that your DH is feeling sick. I hope he feels better soon. Did you end up doing Cardio Fusion?

Dana - LOL, yes, I remember back when I said I'd used two steps. Ahh, back in the day when I didn't know the difference between a step and a riser. Ahhhh, I was so youthful back then....Now what's this about spinach with broccoli growing on it? That sounds good!

Michele - If the sudden schedule stuff bugs you about your DH, boy would you not like my schedule! My schedule changes a lot and really suddenly. It's really difficult for me to make any plans with anybody. Come to think of it, I have very few friends left because of it LOL. As for your friend who talked on her cell phone for 20 minutes of your long-time-no-see lunch, well, that's......geez, I wish we could have lunch together. That would be so freakin fun. But getting back to your friend, I guess that she must feel so comfortable with you (being that you are her children's guardian should need be) that she thinks of you as family enough to ignore you LOL. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that it upset you. Although I can't imagine how someone wouldn't know that that is rude and totally insensitive, if it's been a problem throughout your friendship, and, apparently she doesn't realize it hurts your feelings, have you thought to tell her how it makes you feel?

Diane - I ordered all the Kundalini yoga workouts...actually, I ordered 11 of the 12 and Ravi & Ana sent me one for free (since I wouldn't be able to take advantage of their free shipping thing because I'm overseas). Then my check to Amazon got lost, so I had to cancel my order. Then I was going to reorder them and have someone put them on their credit card, but Amazon wouldn't give me a separate receipt for them. So I applied again for a credit card (problems with me being a foreigner without being contracted to a company) and ladies and gentleladies, just last week I got the letter from the credit card company...turning me down AGAIN! At this point the really only reason they would turn me down is simply because I'm not a Japanese. Anyway, I'm going to try a different credit card company next week and see what goes. Of course, in all the ordering and canceling and this and that, my big yoga wave turned into a puddle. Amazon would have made an Amazonian sale if they would have worked with me. But there's still the fact that Ravi & Ana kindly sending me a free workout, and I don't feel right just keeping that and not ordering their other workouts. So after I get my credit card, I'll either buy the rest of the workouts, or else pay for the one they sent me.

That was a totally long-winded paragraph.

So do you like the one you got? Which one did you get?

All right. I need to wash up and get ready for bed now.

Hugs to you all and hope you have a nice weekend! :D

ETA : I took Michele's advice to get a credit card from the States and wrote to my bank person....and she hasn't written me back :-( . I must be destined not to have a credit card or something.

August - still miss you over at the Yoga check in. Might I suggest setting up a Paypal account? I have Paypal cuz I do business on Ebay. If you had a Paypal account, you could Paypal me the cash and I'd be happy to charge the DVDs on my credit card and send them to you in Japan. I have no idea what shipping would run....but I'm sure you would have some idea, right? Maybe if you had Paypal, you could even order them directly from Ravi and Ana's site and explain your situation and send them the money Paypal and have them give you the Amazon price. They seem like nice people.....I don't see why they wouldn't work with you. I think all you need to set up Paypal is a checking account. Just a thought. Miss you..........take care, lora

Hi, Lora! What a nice thing to write to offer to help me out on the DVDs. You're so sweet. Yes, Ravi and Ana are really nice people and I'm sure they would be happy to help me out, too. I've even already had help ordering other stuff in the past!

There are so many nice people around me! :7

But now I am DETERMINED to get a credit card }( }( }( }( }( }( . Like this is my priority, over a headstand and doing the splits combined. (Though it takes a second booking to Krispy.) :*

Thanks for the suggestion!

Michele, no, my DH is pretty stoic. He just crawls into bed and sleeps all day. I think I'd have been hurt/annoyed with your friend's cell phone trick too. I have a friend (the stroke pharmacist's wife) who was very close for a while. I'm her son's godmother. For some reason, we drifted apart for a couple years. The last 2 or 3 years we reconnected, and although we have different friends and interests now, we get together for coffee every 3 or 4 weeks and have managed to find a common ground. Maybe if you saw or talked to your friend more frequently, that could happen with you two. Call her while she's lunching with another friend.}( And as far as your DH not looking ahead, I bet his single mindedness and focus is one reason why he is brilliant at what he does. Besides, he has a secretary and you to keep his long term committments and home running smoothly.

Yes, August, I just finished Cardio Fusion. I really like that workout. Good luck with your search for a credit card. I can't imagine life without one, even though I don't charge a lot. My DH and I are very cash-minded. We're kind of proud to be able to say we don't have any debt.

Well, I'm off to shower max, then shop drill. Later.

August!!

No, I haven't left for the antique show yet. I've been on the phone for forever--people taking advantage of their free weekend minutes--lol!

By all means, DO apply for a US credit card, and actually, a Paypal account may not be a bad idea. I've purchased a few antique items from foreign sellers and all they would take was Paypal so it comes in handy to have it. I set up my Paypal account with a credit card--I'm not sure how I feel about doing that with a checking account, though. Credit card companies offer protection against fraudulent charges, a protection not afforded when funds are withdrawn from checking. And there's no way to dispute charges if you use a checking account. I tend to guard my checking account like Fort Knox -- I never use my debit card except to withdraw cash from an ATM. I won't make deposits through the ATM either, because I've heard too many horror stories. Good luck getting that credit card!

LMAO--the problem with my DH isn't that he has frequent changes in his schedule, it's that he doesn't keep track of his schedule to begin with. He books things and then totally forgets to tell me about it until a day or two before. I discussed this with his secretary who said he won't look ahead on his calendar because it overwhelms him--lol! For instance, he checks Tuesday's schedule on Monday night. If I were to ask him today what's on his agenda for next week he'd say, "I don't know, I'll have to wait until I get to work Monday when I can look at my schedule". Then he won't look at his schedule for the week--he'll just look at Tuesday--LMAO! Here's a prime example; I know he has meetings lined up for sometime in March and May (the Italy trip is in May) but I don't know the dates. I would like to make some other plans for the spring as well, so I've been asking him for months to give me the exact dates for these trips and he has yet to tell me. It wouldn't annoy me so much if we could chalk it up to schedule changes but his meetings are usually planned well in advance. He's a friggin nightmare :eek: :7 :+

Yeah, my friend and I are more like sisters than friends and no, I haven't talked to her about the phone thing. I should...maybe I will. ;)

So DH has called me twice in the time that I've been trying to type up this post. He misses me:+ . NOW I'm leaving for the antique show.

Hey Robin!! We were posting at the same time. My DH is a lot of things but he's definitely NOT stoic when he's sick--LMAO! Yeah, he's brilliant for sure, but not a lick of common sense:eek: :+ .

What I've thought about doing is having someone call me on my cell phone the next time my friend and I get together...you know...give her a taste of her own medicine and see how she likes it.}(

I just wanted to say that it would be FREAKIN FUNTASTIC to have lunch with youse, too:) :* :D :) :* :D :+ .

NOW I'm going to the antique show...before it closes, for crying out loud--LMAO!

I just wanted to tell you haters that I love your check ins! I am not a "member" of any check in but I do truly hate cardio so just wanted to let you know! Although I HAVE to do cardio I would much prefer working my lower body or doing weights every day. If I could not gain weight by not doing cardio I would in a heartbeat! It's nice to know I'm not the only one that feels this way.

I was reading a post one day that someone said, ugh I have to do Gym style legs, wish I could do cardio fusion... you are kidding me, right? I had to read it twice just to make sure I saw it correctly!
:)

Well Jen, it sounds like you'll fit right in here. Actually, I love cardio and would much rather do Cardio Fusion than any lower body workout, but I love the gals and the fun here so crashed the party. Even though they hate cardio, they are pretty tolerant and let me hang out.

Was it your post I read about dreading GS legs & wishing you could do Cardio Fusion?!?!? I wish I could like cardio more, it is just the hardest for me so of course my lest favorite, I have a muscular build so weights and lower body are "easier" for me to do. I also smoked for 10 years, quit 3 years ago so before that I physically couldn't do cardio but over last 3 years has improved more than I ever thought possible...anyway, smoking may be why it is harder for me, my lungs probably will never be back to where they should be for my age.

I did Powerstrike 1 for the first time today and very happy I got it, i have done PS2 once since getting it and really enjoy both of them, of course they are nowhere near Cathe in the production area but they do make me sweat & I rarely get sore from working out & when I did PS2 the next morning I could feel it in my arms & back...

So, I think I read in an earlier thread that cardio haters do actually do cardio, just hate it, right? :)

Thanks for letting me crash in on your gal's party! :)

Yes Jen, that's the deal. They hate it but check in here as a way to force themselves to do it. I agree about the PS workouts. PS 1 is my favorite. I always have a hard time walking the next day or two after that workout - my hamstrings love/hate those kick lunges things.
I wonder if Michele is back from the antique show with any good buys?

Yea...a newbie!!! Welcome, Jen!! We'd love to have another hater join ranks with us--lol! I think I'm the only REAL hater in here at this point. I take that back...Dana's a bona fide hater of all things cardio, too, but I'm pretty sure August loves it now that she's found Christi.

Robin, I'm back from the antique show. I had a great time but I didn't buy anything except for a book on Ohio samplers. It's not that I didn't see anything I wanted, it's just that everything was so expensive. I found a lovely folk art portrait, roughly 8x10, that was priced at $10,500:eek: . I would've bought it in a heartbeat if it were...oh...$50 --LMAO! This is a great show with dealers from all over specializing in 18th and 19th century English and American antiques. My mouth was watering the whole time I was there. The show is still on tomorrow and I might go back again just to walk around and touch stuff--lol! I forgot to collect business cards from the dealers today and so I need to go back and do that.:D

I better go. DH is waiting for me to change clothes so we can go out for dinner. I'll see ya tomorrow,tomorrow, it's only a day away:)

Night night:*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.