!i!i!iclean-tidy-happy-FRIDAY!i!i!i

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY! I'm so glad it's the weekend!

Getting ready to take the girls to school and then I'll do 4DS all UB. I'm a little nervous but think it's going to be good. Just haven't done heavy lifting in a while.

I'm going walking with my friend Sara this afternoon and I'm looking forward to that.

I'll check in after my WO.

Yesterday was clean and today will be too!

Hi Angie! How long are the girls in school? Is it not summer break for them yet? Have fun with 4DS UB and glad to hear your foot is doing better.

Sorry I was MIA today - yesterday for you gals. I was kind of in a funk and it was taking me just extra long to do normal things because of my ankle. The good news is that it is healing quite quickly although I still can't bear a lot of weight on it yet. My right quad is having major doms from having to do all the work. Isn't that funny? Anyway, I will be taking my kids to the dentist in the am and then off to work I go. My bday is this weekend and I told DH that all I want for my bday is for the family to spend time. I'm thinking the pool and beach would be nice and a picnic while we're there. We'll see. No wo's for me today - yesterday for you girls, but planning on some pilates and weights that I don't have to really stand for Friday. Eats were actually pretty good. I did have a tiny bit of ice cream, but not feeling too guilty since it was a really tiny bit. Off to bed and be back for personals!

Lisa

4DS UB done! Felt pretty good. I'm really hoping to see some strength gains and toning improvement over the next 4 weeks doing this:

Sun: cardio
Mon: L&G
Tues: PUB
Wed: cardio
Thurs: B&G
Fri: 4DS UB
Sat: yoga

I might take out that second LB W/O if I feel my body is ready for more intense cardio but right now those cardio days will probably just be walking. Still a slight recovery going on for my foot.

Good night Lisa. Have a GREAT birthday weekend. The beach and pool and family time sounds phenomenal!!! Lisa, my kids are in school until July 2. They take four 2 week breaks throughout the year in addition to random holidays so their summer break is slightly shorter. I kinda like it.

Morning everyone else! BBL - gotta hop in the shower and go pick up the girls. It's jambon et fromage day from the boulangerie. Annabel's favorite!

<3 FRIDAY <3

What a wonderful day it is going to be! Not much going on today at the office - plenty of time to get lots done! Only TWO MORE work weeks until vacation! Chris is working all day and all night but I just *know* that Collin is going to be so good for me and is going to help mommy get lots done!

Re: My Weekend - My weekend is pretty much going to be monopolized by a cousin's graduation from high school. Ceremony is tomorrow at 10 am, party #1 is at 3 pm, party #2 is at 4 pm on Sunday. I am making the grad cake for party #2! So tonight I need to bake cakes and mix some buttercream frosting.

Angie, your rotation looks good! Maybe if you are feeling energetic on the second leg day, you could do something like 4DS KBX followed by 4DS Legs.

Lisa, your plan for your birthday weekend sounds amazing! How far are you from the beach? I am so jealous...

Angie, I hope you have a great WO and enjoy your walk w/ Sara. Have a fun lunch with your girls too!

Lisa, Glad the foot is healing up! LOL about hte DOMS!
I hope you get a nice relaxing time at a pool, beach, whatever! You guys need an all-out vacation! You are so busy!

Katie, You're going to the graduation too??? Siblings only for us.....borrrrrrrring!:p And I always leave after my sib's name is called!:p:eek:
Did you see my final mesage to you about hte lightning? If you didn't want to do a black outline You could use white chips and dye them yellow. I think anyway! Never have tried it. You are awesome for making htat cake!

-
No big news here. Open house tonight for a friend. Tomorrow is my sister Libby's OH so we'll be at my mom's all day tomorrow.

Tonight Laura is coming over w/ all the fruit. My mom wants me to cut it up for her. Making some sweet treat too - I think mac but/white choc bars. Egads - that's gonna be hard to resist!

Was planning on LB weights but maybe I'll run w/ Laura since she;ll be here anyway. WIll do CS in the afternoon.

This is day 2 of me not making dinner and I DON'T LIKE IT!:p I hate not being in control of my meals. You can usually find something clean to eat but I hate not knowing exactly what's going to be served.

oooooohhh!
my julia just woke up. she wakes up so happy - so smily & sweet. i was changing her diaper and she's just a-chatterin' away at me - bababobobababa! i love it! i need to figure out youtube.....

I wanna see a video of baby Julia! Yes Kate, I saw your last message. The school colors are blue and black, so that is why I was gonna do black. But after talking with Chris, we think that in the logo, the lightening bolts are actually blue... ??? Either way, here's what I'm thinking... I'll do the lightening bolt in either dark chocolate or blue candy melts, then use sanding sugar or edible glitter to color them with either blue or black. Much easier than trying to make the chocolate black! I have a bunch of sprinkles/glitter/sugar in blue but no black so I will head to the farmer's market after work.

I will def. take pictures! I am thinking that tonight I need to get all of the cakes baked, chocolate designs done, and I need to make the cake filling (she wants strawberry). When I make a tiered cake, I always use white almond sour cream cake because of it's density - how about you?

katie, that is so cool you are making the cake for gradulation. you and collin will have fun together. dh works all night? that is awful.

angie, great wo! glad your foot is feeling better. have fun with the girls todya and your walk with your friend.

kate, do you prefer cardio for legs or weights? what are those treats you are making? i did not quite catch the shorthand.

i had the easisest most delicious dinner last night. it was ww spaghettie with snap peas, red pepper, chick, and a peanut sauce that was pb, hoisn sauce and rice viegar and a little broth. it was SOOOOOO yummy, i had a few bites at breakfats:eek: i usually do not eat carbs at night b/c it hurts my tummy and i cannot sleep, but i could not resist. finn loved it too. also, yesterday we decided to get rid of aidan's pacifier. i always do stuff like this when dh is gone as it is easier for me, but harder too, kwim? it is going surprisingly well. i waited until finn was 30 mons, and then he gave up naps for me. he will occasionally sleep ifg i lie down with him, but i cannot do that when aidan is up.

this am was an awesome crazy wo - 5 mile speed interval run, drillmax drills only and boot camp drills only (original). i don't know why i did so much, but i worked hard. needless to say, i will skip my legs stuff today - i am fried. bbiab

katie, how many pans do you use for your cake? what do you do with it btwn now and sunday so it does not dry out? i think you should open your own cake/bakery buisness and quit your job:cool:

Morris, I am doing two tiers - ten inch square and six inch square. I will probably do three layers of cake with strawberry filling in between and buttercream icing. I only have one pan each size, so it will take me awhile to bake. I will cool cakes tonight then start assembling and icing tomorrow. I'll prob wrap them in plastic wrap to keep moisture in.

DH is doing a few side jobs tonight for extra $ but he won't really be gone all night - maybe 10 pm or so.

I'm posting at work - shhhhh, don't tell!

Morning!

Getting ready to babysit in a few. It's only the 8 year old so it shouldn't be bad. I need to get to the store too-have to buy a gift for my bf's new baby-they're coming in from Toronto and staying here overnight and a b-day gift for my brother's godson-my parents are taking the girls to his party tomorrow:) And I have to workout-cardio and abs. My calves are tight from yesterday's leg workout. Any suggestions on what to do today?

Angie, good rotation! Good luck with 4DS all upper! J'aime beaucoup jambon et fromage aussi:)

Katie, can't wait to see your masterpiece!

Kate, I was thinking the same thing about youtube and Nevena-my descriptions don't do her justice. Sorry about the not cooking thing-I would love not having to cook!

Lisa, glad to hear you're feeling better. Hope you have a fabulous birthday weekend!

Morris, wow! That was some workout! I had an easy time taking the girls' pacifiers away-Danica was 17 months and Milla was 2:) Your dinner sounds good!

Morning! I did Step Blast this morning- did it a week or so ago so I wasn't sure I wanted to do it. Then I got started and had a lot of fun. I love the music in this one. I might try it with Cathe's voice lower and the music louder next time since I know it pretty well now. BTW, my bum STILL hurts from Tuesday's leg workout. Holy night.

Katie: What a great sounding cake! I can't wait to see a picture. I like doing stuff like that every now and again- it's a fun way to be creative.

Kate: What treats are you making? I'm with Morris- some of the shorthand escaped me. Love baby babbles in the morning- kind of miss that. Did a CS yesterday and felt so nice and stretched out! I like it and like that it is short so I can fit it in no excuses! I think I'll do another one today. :)

Morris: Um, WOW! You go! Now that's a workout! :eek: I remember getting rid of Maggie's pacifier- it really wasn't too bad after the first day. Max never took one- he was all about mama all the time. I felt like I was a human pacifier!

Klaudia: I have been mulling over one of the DM premixes for cardio lately. And for some reason, the old step of Cathe's has been appealing to me lately- something like Power Max. I like doing cardio later in the day sometimes because it's sort of fun to think about what I want to do all day- I usually change my mind a lot. :)

Lisa: Your weekend sounds nice! I have total weather envy. We have had a chilly rainy June. It's a little depressing. Glad the ankle is improving.

Angie: WTG on clean eating yesterday! I like your rotation and Katie's idea of doing a short leg AND cardio WO on that one extra leg day.

I should be around today. Kids are watching cartoons and I need to go get out the blocks or crayons or something!

Just finish reading y-day posts and you all are right. People are obsessed by looks and I just get use to it.

Angie enjoy your walk and good rotation. Which yoga are you going to do?

Lisa good plans with b-day.

Katie the cake sounds so good. I won't tell you are on the Internet at work;)

Morris good going with the pacifier. My kids never wanted one. Great w/o how long did it take you to do. You must have extra energy today.

Klaudia I'm in the same boat. I need to do some cardio but not sure what.

Patti that's good idea. step Blast oldie but goodie.

Y-day I slipped off the wagon and ate 2 dark chocolate sneakers...and it wasn't even that good. So today I have the do-run-runs:eek:. I wanted to go on a long power walk but I better stay close to home.

BBL with menu

Last edited:
ummm, robin, what is a dk choc sneaker? i am confused:eek: hoep you can do a workout close to home. my wo took 72 min. it was such fun.

patti, i love step blast. love the blast part esp. too funny about max and the human pacifier. that is hpw it has been with aidan, though now he is down to nursing just 2 times aday.

lisa, happy b-day weeekend. do you ever swim in the ocean like you would in the pool?i am terrified of what is under there:eek:

klaud, hmm, with sore calves maybe a wlk no incline? or a circuit? are you following a rotation?

katie, lol at posting from work. your cake sounds amazing. it sounds more managable to do some stuff each day, but, i could never do something like that. i am excited to make kate's cookie pie as then i do not have to do individual cookies:p

finn to school, aidan is napping, and it is so wet here today. i need to do some b-day shopping for finn. perhaps online....

Oh my, you all are chatty again today! I don't know if I can keep up.

Lisa, happy birthday! Your weekend plans sound great. I hope you enjoy it.

Morris, when is Finn's birthday? It must be close to Aidan's.

Robin, sorry you have to stay close to home today. I hope things "pass" quickly.

Patti, I love Step Blast. I think it's my all-time favorite of Cathe's. That or the cardio in C&W.

Klaudia, I would do something grounded like walking or 4DS Boot Camp. Step would make my calves get tighter.

Katie, that cake sounds amazing. I hope it goes together well for you.

Kate, I'm with Klaudia--I love it when other people cook. But we already know you and I differ in that department, right?

Angie, how long did that UB work out take? I hope you enjoy your walk with Sara.

Colleen, come out, come out, wherever you are!

I am a slug and did not work out last night. I just don't have any motivation for weights these days. I'm planning to run 3 miles after work today. Jim left about half an hour ago. He'll probably be back late next Saturday. He has to travel with one of his brothers, of whom he's not particularly fond. I feel bad for him, but I'm also happy to have the house to myself. Of course, the lawn needs mowing, but I'll do it tonight or tomorrow. Okay, off to get some work done! bbiab

anne

YAY!!! B&G floorwork & abs premix done!! Oh, how I love summer vacation!!

Going to go to the post office and feed the ducks while we're downtown. I love our little town. We call it the booming metropolis of Grand Ledge....there's one traffic light in town!:p Will get a nice little walk out of it!

Sorry my short hand was so bad! I'm making white chocolate macadamia nut bars. My weakness - Katie's too!:D

Katie, I havent made a true tiered cake in ages....I've used my pillars to cheat!:eek:
Nice that Chris can pull in the extra $!

Morris, Yummy dinner, Awesome WO!
I prefer weights for legs! DH just plain hates leg days!:p

Klaudia, yay, new baby! Have fun w/ your friend!

Patti, Glad you liked CS! I am in love! Shipping Katie one today to try out.
SB is so fun! YAY DOMS!

Robin, I'm so sorry but ROFL!!!

Anne, I HATED when my stepdad made me mow! He'd sit on his tractor w/ his beer and make me push-mow the ditches. :mad::mad::mad:
hope you enjoy your quiet time this weekend!

Hi all... Sitting in parking lot waiting to pick up girls. Had a nice walk with Sara but determined that was how I hurt my foot since we are walking througha farm and the ground is uneven. Now my foot hurts again! :(

Anyway I will come back in a bit for more personals... Just wanted to say hi!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.