!i!i!i lEtS gO.....dEcEmBeR 21~27 !i!i!i

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Gals

Today was 4DS kickbox and 100 swings with the kb! (used my 20#)

This is going to be my rotation this week:
Monday: The Empire State
Tuesday: 4DS boot camp
Wednesday: Manmaker~ I'm going to try 2X(on the ES dvd)
Thursday: yoga
Friday: Providence
Saturday: The jumprope/swing/pushup workout

Hope you gals are having a nice weekend! Are you done all your holiday shopping?
Channukah starts tonight, the kids are excited! and I will be making Latkes for us to eat (potatoe pancakes). I was excited to see 3 of them are one serving, low in fat and calories... so I will be eating at least 3!!!;)

Gin~ I hope you will be checking in with us now you're off this week;)

Marcy~ Have you gotten the Empire State dvd? What are you doing this week?

Have a good one!

Good Morning Girls!

Today was DM. I had not done the entire thing in AGES. Yesterday was my long run of 7 miles.
DS21 comes home today for Christmas break.:)

Deanie~How many kb dvds do you have now? Which would you recommend that I start with? I may try to practice some of the moves this week. Enjoy your latkes and Happy Channukah!

Marcy~Have you and your DH seen any of the movies that are out? I rented Mamma Mia. We haven't seen any at the theater though.

Have a great day!

Monday, Monday

Good Morning!

Today was The Empire State. I used my 25# kb for all but the side snatch. I did have to rest more often, I didn't fast forward thru the rests, like last time, and for the burpees, I did rest in the middle. I will definitely use the 25#er again next time.

Gin~ Happy 2 weeks of vacation!!!! :D Did you sleep in today? What's on the agenda today? If I were you, I would start with the 15# kb and work your way up. Use the tutorial on the go fit dvd that came with the bell. Also, go to the AOS website and watch Anthony's tutorial in the video section of the website (2006 videos). Make sure you get the proper form with the lighter weight. I have 4 kettlebells now: 20,25,30 and 35. The problem is, I'm not sure when to use the 35# one!!!:eek: But I had a coupon, and didn't want to pass it up!:eek:

Marcy~ What workout did you do today? For some reason, I don't find The Empire State to be as hard as Providence. (Although it is very challenging.....) I wish you had it so you could tell me what you think!!:p (or maybe you got it this weekend??):)

What are your plans for the holidays??? My inlaws are coming on Friday (still Channukah) for the weekend. Other wise, we are just hanging out.

Have a great day!
BBL

Good Afternoon!

BRRRRRRRR! It was only 16 degrees this morning! I did Providence today. Things are improving. I definitely do better with 2 min. rests. Did much better on Clean & Press. Felt stronger and finished all. Only did 55 secs. on Flip/Hi-Pull into Squat. Did 1:40 last time but breathing was a little tough today. Tactical Lunges - stopped with only 20 sec. left (10 secs. better than last time). Figure 8s and Slingshots did well and not too out of breath. Seated Rows - finished but didn't do as many singles at the end as Anthony. Did well with 1 arm rows. Did better on the snatch test - Did 1 set of 5s on each side and 1 set of 2s on each side (did 2 more on each side than last time). Also did the Seated Stretch from Tamilee's Total Stretch. It was 9 minutes and a good stretch but wished it were longer. I only wish the KB DVDs had good warmups, cooldowns and a good stretch at the end. I find I need to stretch after KB workouts more than any other.

Did a little shopping yesterday and got a pair of high black boots (had a DSW coupon and just had to use it!)

Deanie - Happy Channukah! I hope you have a joyous holiday. I love latkes. I used to make my own but haven't made them in a while. I got Firepower and Newport over the weekend. Didn't get to look at them yet. I'm sure I'll get Santa Monica and Empire State in the next few days. Shipping was very quick with the ones I received so far. I was surprised to hear you didn't think Empire State was as intense as Providence. I can see myself getting a 25# KB real soon. I got wrist bands yesterday at Target (I got a $4 pair - I fogot which ones you got but the ones I got seem to have a little more padding than the $2.99 pair).

I'll probably buy a different weight KB before I get a matching KB. Have you previewed Firepower? Is it that much harder than Providence? Glad to hear Firepower has a great tutorial.

Can you tell me which brand KB you have for each weight? I read the article you sent and that Muscle Driver wasn't great but someone on VF actually liked them and rated them - black was best, gray was second and the Fitness line was last. Although they don't have the 25# in black. They have a 26.4# (12kg) in gray and shipping is really reasonable.

What other cardio besides burpees is on Empire State?

We will probably go to 12/24 midnight mass (hopefully my DH will stay awake!), go out to lunch and then see a movie. I'm off from Wednesday until Sunday - my first vacation since starting back to work.

Gin - I agree with Deanie that the Go Fit tutorial is a good place to start. She's really good about form and breathing. I find the breathing so important in helping you do the moves. Have a great visit with DS! Looks like you're improving on your runs:p Are you still planning on doing a marathon in Feb?

I really wanted to see Mamma Mia but DH hates ABBA! I'll probably catch it when it comes out on Pay per View. There are a few movies coming out Christmas Day that we want to see - The Valkyrie with Tom Cruise, the Reader with Kate Winslet and No Doubt. DH wants to see The Valkyrie and I want to see the Reader. We'll probably see Valkyrie first and then maybe get to the Reader soon. Both take place during WW2. Reader is more of a love story.

Have a great day! (Sorry for such a long post!)

Marcy

Marcy~ Great workout today. You should be proud you did Providence on Fri. and you were able to workout to it again on Monday. I am impressed!! The first 2 times I did it, I needed 4 days in between. I'm not surprised you will need a 25# soon!

I have the go fit 20, 25 and 35# kettlebells. They work fine for me. I also have the 30# ader bell. If I had to rate them I would say the ader is the best- better "feel" and good handle grip. I wish I had the 35# ader, but they are expensive....

I got a VERY nice visa gift card today from my class. I think I am going to order Keith Webbers dvd. heard alot of good buzz about it. Have you heard anything?

Here is the breakdown of Empire State: ( I think each round is 3 min.)
Disc 1:
warm up: Mountain Climbers/Tussian Twist? Chest Presses
*swings/Half Get-up/suitcase row
*lunge cocktail/side plank/ super plank
*squats/bottom windmill/ crush curls
*one leg dead lift to a row/ janda situp/ tricep extension
*overhead lunge/figure 8 to a hold/ clean and press
*suitcase deat lift/ punch matrix/side snatches
*hand to hand sumo deadlifts or Plie to Releve/ pull over to a getup situp/ hot potato
*super burpee/banana rolls/ tricep pushup

Disc 2:
Manmaker
Manmaker 2X
Manmaker 3X

Joint Mobility (I use this a the warm up before disk 1)

its a great workout, but not that cardio intense. I am going to try Manmaker 2X on Wednesday.

I haven't gotten Santa Monica yet.....I previewed Firepower and it does seem harder than Providence...and Newport!!:eek:

I did 4DS kickbox stretch today after ES.

The boots sound cool! enjoy

Hi Gin!!! Where are you?

Deanie - Thanks for the Empire State Breakdown. It looks really good. I read somewhere on the AOS site that Firepower is supposed to be more intense than Newport and is to be done last. Do you know how long the rests are in Empire State? What does the Manmaker consist of?

Have you heard anything about the AOS KBs?

Thanks for being impressed that I was able to do Providence today. It seems to be getting easier but afterwards my lower back was really hurting this morning. I didn't feel it during the workout though.

I hope I get Empire State tomorrow so I can do it on Wednesday.

I'm impressed that you're able to fast forward through the rests (something I'm never able to do!)

Congrats on your gift card! I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion on Keith Weber's DVD.

Marcy

Marcy~ The rests in Empire State are one minute, same as Providence.
I have heard the AOS kb's are really good, top 1 or 2 rated. My brother got one on the 12 days sale and really likes it. I think they may still be on sale, or they are on the perform better website.

I'd have to rewatch the dvd about the manmakers, I don't remember whats on there. I remember there were only 3 exercises for 2 min with active rests (down and up dog) inbetween. Not sure if I will have a chance to watch today...

Sorry about your back. Ironically, I pulled something in mine doign PUB 2 weeks ago, did Providence and it worked its way out!:eek:

May have jumped to soon (keith webber) I think I am going to wait and see, there are 3 things on my wish list: keith webber, the bulldog ketttlebell (I think this could be more cost effective than buying a 2nd 25 and 30# bell and maybe use it one day as a 40# bell;)) and maybe even the ropes gone wild!!!:eek: since we got the dvd for free. So I am not going to order any thing right away, like I usually do! LOL I think I am going to take my time and wait.

I hope you get your dvds today!:)

The AOS KB came out to 43.95 (on sale) for the 26.4# kb plus $18.95 for shipping totalling $62.90. I think that's a pretty good price. I was in Target this weekend but didn't see any 25#ers and I'm assuming it would have been around $60.00 since my 20# was $50.00. I spent a lot this month so I might have to wait a little bit.

I guess you did get a NICE gift card!:p The Bull Dog KB is too expensive for me now. Is your basement big enough for you to do the Ropes Gone Wild?

Do you have any other yoga to do besides David Swenson?

Marcy

I don't think Target carries any kb's over 20#. I bought all 3 of my go fit ones from Dicks. I think the AOS kb is a good price, but check perform better's website first, I think my brother was upset he found out from perform better you also get a free dvd from Anthony with 3 routines on it....let me know. I think my basement may be okay for the 30 foot rope (I have to measure) I am assuming it gets doubled to 15 feet each side. I have a 9X12 rug down there that I workout on and there is room to put another same size rug to the right of it and in front of it. My basement is also longer vs. wider. I did get a nice gift card, but it would only cover the rope. I donn't know why, but i thought the bulldog was less than 200 dollars. My gift card was $125. Still Very nice!!

I have other yoga, I just only like David Swenson. He's my fave!!! I do have Bryan Kest's 2 and 3. And I do have others, none that are calling to me though. Plus, I basically want to stay within the one hour time frame.

Oh, forgot to mention. I am going to throw in the 100 swings on the cardio days. So tomorrow I am going to do the swings after boot camp.

Deanie - If they're the same KBs, PerformBetter has free shipping thru the 31st so it comes out about $3 cheaper. Luckily, I have a few days to think about it.

Sounds like you have a really big basement! I think my room is about 10x12 but it's good enough for me. Eventually I'll get a flat panel to hang on the wall and that should give me more space. My DH was talking about recessing the walls so that I could put my DVDs on recessed shelves in the wall. He's getting ready to paint my room soon and then I'll think about mirrors.

The Total Yoga: Fire comes in at 60 mins. Lots of chaturangas in that one and doesn't give you any time to rest. Not my absolute favorite but it was pretty good. I haven't done Bryan Kest in quite a while. He's good but I like Eoin and others much better.

Marcy

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Today was RS and then Egoscue Pain Free Workout. Hadn't done RS in ages! In the Egoscue workout, she does supermans and says if you do them on a regular basis they will help you to not shrink in height as you age. Sounds good to me!
DS wanted to get a pair of boots for Christmas so we went out to do that and then met DH's family for lunch, then grocery store and now the day is gone! The streets and the stores are so crowded!
Last night my dog got into some chocolate that a student had given me. It was a pkg of 15 chocolates wrapped in foil. My DH had eaten one and I put the rest on the floor in the closet in a bag. Big mistake! We went out to dinner and came home to find out she had eaten all 14 of them. She only weighs 14#! The animal poison center told us to give her some hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. DS had to stay outside with her in the freezing weather while she "got rid" of the chocolate. She is fine now!:eek:
We are home on Christmas and then go to Houston to visit my family over the weekend.

Deanie~Thank you for the good kb suggetions. I will try the tutorials tomorrow and try to do some of my 1rms. Tough to get it all in!
Yeah to getting the Visa gift card from your class! At my old school that is what I would usually get, but at this school the parents each give an individual gift.
Have you noticed a change in your body with the kb?

Marcy~Yes, my half marathon is at the end of Feb. I am following the beginner training from coolrunning.com. I am trying to take it slowly and not get injured.
DH watched Mamma Mia with me and I was so surprised. He must have been bored to do that. I have to say he did have is hand on the clicker and would fast forward through some of the dancing and singing.:(
Take care of your back!

Tuesday

Good Morning gals

Sore, sore, sore, that workout really sneaks up on you!
Today is 4DS boot camp cardio. I am going to add 100 swings to it at the end.

It is also my last day of work till Jan. 5th,2009!!!:D Can't wait to sleep late!

Gin~I'm glad your dog is okay! I'm not sure what changes I see are from the kettlebell to be honest. I did 5 weeks of PUB/PLB and one day of kettlebells and really liked the changes in arm definition I now have. but I can't say for sure its from the kettlebells. This is the first week I am doing all kettlebells all week; so after 3-4 weeks we'll see;)

Marcy~ Doesn't PerformBetter also send a dvd of Anthonys/AOS with the kettlebell? I would go that way. I have total yoga, I used to like that also, but I thought it was over an hour. For me, once I did Davids yoga, its all I wanted to do. Did you get any dvds yesterday? I am still waiting for Santa Monica!! Yes, I have a nice size basement. about half is my workout room and the other half is for storage. the previous owner worked out down there and painted the cinder block and put down laminate tile on the floor and a large mirror on one wall, so it was nicely started for me. I bought rug pads and a huge berber rug reminant from home depot, and its been great. i should take some pictures, but I don't know how to post them. Maybe my 12 year old could help me;):p

Okay, enough procrastinating, off to do bc....

Good Morning!

My back was still bothering me badly this morning but I went ahead and did yoga anyway (and took two painkillers). I did Eoin's PY4H1 (the full practice). Was able to do most but didn't jump back into chaturangas and had trouble with the ab work and side planks. I love his hip openers. Didn't do any backbends but did a few bridges and bow.

I don't know if it was the yoga or the painkillers, but my back is a bit better now. I don't know if I'll be doing Providence again tomorrow. Maybe just some intervals and a stretch.

Deanie - Did you see the e-mail that Anthony is selling ropes for $84.95? If not, I'll send it to you. PerformBetter does include a DVD by Anthony which has 3 rounds with 3 routines on it. I see you ordered Keith Weber's DVD. I guess you couldn't resist.:D Total Yoga Fire is 60 mins. Lots of sun salutations (A,B & C). Good if you want a little cardio with your yoga. I didn't get any DVDs yesterday. Hopefully today.

Gin - Thanks for the tip about the Supermans! Sounds good to me! Sorry to hear about the mess your dog got into. Not pretty:( I also wanted to see Hairspray but that one's also not on DH's Top Ten list!:(

Have a great day and enjoy your time off!

Marcy

Marcy~ I'm glad your back is feeling better. Maybe it was the combo of yoga and painkillers. You'll know later when the pain killers wear off:eek:! I did go ahead and get the Keith Weber dvd, its pretty inexpensive comparatively, so what the heck! I still think I want to do the ETK workbook with my brother when he gets it. He is buying the ebook and then he is going to send it to me. It just may be a while, apparently I am the impulse shopper in the family. He is researching the best buy!!LOL I still didn't get Santa Monica either:mad: weird because Firepower came 2 days after I ordered it. I am going to measure my basement later and I may order the ropes. My hands are as small as my sons (he's 12) and small for his age, so the 1" ropes may be better for me....still not 100% sure about that yet! I would order from the preform better website, sounds like a much better deal. Did you order yet? what size/sizes are you getting?

Hi Gin, where ever you are!!!!;)

Have a great day!

Deanie - My DH just told me I got Empire State today!:D:p If I feel okay, I'd like to try that one tomorrow. If I do order from PerformBetter, I'll probably get the First Place Vinyl Coated 26.4# KB. It comes in green and is $59.95, comes with Anthony's DVD. Free shipping is until 12/31, so I'm going to think about it for a few days. How much was the Keith Weber DVD and where did you get it?

Marcy

Deanie - Thanks for the link. I'm not going to get it just yet. I have to reign in my spending a bit. I'll be waiting for your review!

I will be checking in during my break.

Marcy

Wednesday

Good Morning gals

Today was Manmaker 2X from the Empire state dvd. Then I did stretch max #1. GREAT WORKOUT!!

Manmaker 2X:
all exercises were 2 min. (doesn't look like much, but really tough!)

Manmakers 12lb dbs
active rest
swings: 25# kb
active rest
crush curls (actually bi/tri combo): 25#kb

2 min rest

Manmakers: 15#dbs
active rest
swings: 25#kb
active rest
crush curls: 25# kb, then dropped to 20#kb- hands were sweaty and I didn't have a great grip with the 25#s:confused:

Gin~ I hope you check in today!!

Marcy~ I hope your back is feeling better. Did you do ES? What do you think?????:)

I hope you gals have a great day and enjoy your family time!!
Merry Christmas!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.