I Hope You Don't HATE Rambling Long Posts LOL - Oct 24

August

Cathlete
Morning!

LOL. I don't know the word for "squishy" in Japanese, so I've been saying "small, soft medicine ball about the size of a grapefruit" and then I have to explain what it is several times. Thanks for the links, Michele. I'll check them out now so I know I'm getting the right thing. Maybe I'll write to them to see if they have their products available in Japan.

Nope, no Target or WalMart here. And I had to laugh to read that you wrote that you still have the receipt to your Gliders. You aren't thinking of returning them anytime soon, are you?! LOL.

I'm so glad to hear that kitty is doing so much better. Wow, pumpkin puree in kitty food - sounds...delicious! Well, I'm sure he loves it. What an idea, I'd never have thought to give a kitty pumpkin puree.

Ooooh, that broc/caul/sweet potato thing sounds so good.

Diane - Hi, stranger! Glad you're back. I didn't know you were having trouble with your ring. How did I miss that? Anyway, I hope your week w/o DH goes by smoothly (apparently it is seeing that you've had lots of good shopping accomplished LOL).

Anyway, I've had my strawberry/apple/banana cottage cheese lactose bomb and am now sipping my green tea waiting for digestion to kick in before I head off for chest and cardio. I'm going to take a look at the Gliding links now. Have a great day!

P.S. Weird. I had hiccups yesterday morning writing, and I'm having them again this morning. Could this be related to grains? ;)

P.P.S. Michele - I was able to find the Spri balls here at some online import store! Weirdly, they only offer the 2lb and 4lb balls x( .

-------------------------------

I'm back from finishing my workout.........I can't tell you how little energy I have! I've always read about people taking in less carbs and having no energy (actually, I'm eating a lot of carbs, just no grains) but now I really know what they're talking about. I literally have like no energy. It's totally weird. This and...I'm having trouble concentrating. I just can't imagine what else it could be, all jokes aside. I actually went to work for a meeting yesterday - a meeting that is scheduled for Friday!! (All right, that was probably more a stupid mistake than a grain-influenced one LOL) And so...........enough of that. I just finished my oatmeal smoothie. And let me tell you, it was delish :9 . I think I'll make myself an oatmeal protein pancake for lunch, too }( . I'll tell you should anything evil happen to me :eek: .

By the way, Michele, I have to tell you that I just ordered my Gliding Disc Kit :7 ! Turns out the company actually only usually sells to gyms here, but I guess they're happy for me to order one. They happen to have a few of the kits with the DVDs and exercise/diet pamphlet. It should be here in a couple days (it's about $35).

So I guess now the company can advertise that orders for the Gliding Discs are pouring in from as far as Japan :D .

Wow...August, I did not read 1 word you just wrote because I am 2% awake at 5:30 today.....sooo tired!

Just wanted to stop in and say "hi" to everyone!

To answer to Foreman grill ??, I have 2 of them and I love, love, love them. Now that I live in a house we have a big ol' Texas grill outside, but when I live in an apt it was great. I started with the basic small one which worked fine and then I moved up to the bigger one just for more room.

All right girls, I will be back when I get to work.

Good morning to Michele, Kate, Diane, Dana and anyone I forgot.

:7 :7 :7 :7

Hey haters. Seems like the only time I ever get to check in is when I'm off work. I went it today, only to get a call at 8:40 that Gannon had a fever of 101.3 and I had to go and pick him up. He is sleeping on the couch right now. He has a cold (watery eyes, runny nose) and is miserable. He screamed non-stop last night from 8:15-10:00. I was ready to give him away! At least now I know why.

August - why are you not eating grains? I have to laugh at you with all your stuff BFBM (for some reason I wanted to type BBC), then Activia yogurt now no grains. What is up with you silly???

Michele - is your DH home yet? Didn't you mention that you are going to Italy for a vacation? When is that?

Jana - how's the job? Is Marley doing better with the nanny then daycare? Days like today is when I wish I had a nanny.

I finally moved all of my exercise stuff down the basement. But I have yet to workout. Friday night me and the boys cleaned the basement and then after they went to bed I lugged everything down. That was a workout itself. Of course, I don't have the elliptical down there. That is way too heavy for me to carry down 2 flights of steps by myself. Maybe tonight I'll get in a workout.

Last night my mom called me to tell me that my dad is in the hospital. He has gangreen on his foot (big toe). I hope that he is ok. He does not take care of himself at all. (chainsmoker, alcoholic). My parents have a restaurant together so my mom will have to do everything by herself this week. My dad is not even 60 and you would think he is 80 by the way he acts. He is borderline diabetic which is why his toe is not healing and then in got infected. My mom is going to call me tonight to let me know how he is.

Hello to Kate and Diane and Ellen.

Have a great day ladies! :)

Hi guys!

Okay, so I've done NO work whatsoever for the past handful of days.

But I've done lots of researching for stuff I want to buy LOL.

Janjan - Are your Foreman plates removable? Is it that much of a pain if they aren't removable? I'm scared this grill is gigantic and I'll have no place to put it in my tiny kitchen.

I've searched the web for more info on it but there's close to nothing. No reviews or anything. I can't even locate this particular model anywhere.

Dana - Hey there! Oh, the grain thing. I guess I must sound like a slightly off-balanced nut what with all the experimenting I'm doing. The truth of it is, I'm searching for the food that I think I must have an allergy (?) to, so I'm tinkering with taking certain things out of my diet to see if that's what is causing me discomfort.

I'm sorry to hear that Gannon is sick. Everyone is starting to get sick again, here, too. I hope he feels better soon and that nobody else gets it!

Oh gosh, please don't move that elliptical by yourself! LOL! That does NOT sound like a good idea AT ALL!

That's awful about your dad. It's good to hear that he's in the hospital and being treated now. I'll send good vibes in hopes that your mom calls with good news.

Michele - All right, the Japanese model of the soft medicine ball only comes in 4.4pds and apparently feels like a soft basketball, but it's also15cm thick. I checked around for the other makers that you listed, but I can't find them listed over here anywhere. I think I found a place where I can buy the Spri ones online...but as I mentioned, only in 2pd and 4pd! Doh! Is 4pds gonna kill me? I suppose I can't use my ankle weight rolled up instead? LOL.

Heya, I just edited because I'd put a link and it was monster long, and I figured I'd also edit out my bored, blabby wordiness :D.

Ack! How did my borders get so big?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

ETA : Oh good, after editing my last entry, my borders got normal. :)

Dana!! Janjan!! Our lost sheep have come home!! I'm crying tears of joy!!

Dana, I'm so sorry your little one is sick, but happy that you're home today and able to check in with us. Hopefully he'll return to good health by the end of the day. --Diane and I have also fallen off the workout bandwagon but I finally re-started my 5-Factor Fitness plan last night. I'm bound and determined to stick with it this time. I think we all live vicariously through August who is always faithful to her exercise and diet tegimen. --I'm envious of your new workout space. How nice to have a basement for all your equipment! --Oh my, I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. Gangrene is nasty and difficult to deal with. My dad was also a chain smoking (Camel nonfilter:eek:) alcoholc. He died at the ripe old age of 57. It sounds like your poor mom has her hands full. I'll be sure to offer a prayer for your parents. --My DH went to Italy and I am home;) :-(. My poor MIL had surgery a few days before we were scheduled to leave so it was important for me to stay home and help out. DH is working anyway, and it sounds like they're keeping him pretty busy. He's had very little time for relaxation &/or sightseeing.

Janjan-- you just kind of blew through here in typical white tornado form--lol! I'm so glad you had a minute to pop in. It sounds like your life is very hectic.

August, I'm telling you, good quality complex carbs in the form of grains are important! I do love all your experimentation, though :) . I'm always leery of diets that eliminate a whole category of food but then have you make up for it by taking supplements. Unless you have a known allergy or something I would bring them back. I don't know if hiccups are in any way related to teh absence of grains but I think your current diet is totally devoid of magic:eek:. Bear in mind that I am not an expert and this is merely my opinion.--lol! YAY!! you got the gliding discs!!

I overslept this morning and I hate when that happens!! I need to forage for some breakfast. Kitty had his breakfast this morning and ate it with gusto:) . I think he's finally back to normal.

ETA a big hello to August!! We must've posted at teh same time:*

ETA again that I think you CAN use your ankle weights, for some of the exercises anyway;)

Hi, Michele! You were here while I was editing and doing stupid things!

I've still got barley frozen in my freezer. :) I agree with diets that take out whole food categories. I remember trying out the Zone and at first it was like, carrots are bad!! I just want to figure out what it is, if there is something, that my body isn't liking that I'm eating.

Maybe I'm not chewing my food enough? LOL.

Glad to hear your kitty is better. How cute that he ate his breakfast with gusto. :D

{{{{{August}}}}}:* :*

If anyone can get to the root of the problem it's you!! You're very scientific in your research but, the problem can't be the barley--it just CAN'T be. Barley is magical--it's...it's magical, isn't it? I'm really praying it's not the barley.

:* :* :) :* :*

I haven't had barley in about a week, but nothing has really changed much, so it's looking like I'll be climbing Magical Barley Mountain once again!

Although Sweet Potato Man Season is on its way, so I need to save space in my freezer for that. :p

LOL. I just got an email from the SPRI guy who gave me a number to try in Tokyo!

I'll try it tomorrow and see if there are 3pders somewhere in site. Besides, I like the silver color! :D

Hi Ladies - I could not fall asleep last night and I am so tired today. I went this morning to get an oil change, which was a 2 hour wait at the dealership, so I bought a book and read all morning. Was sort of nice not being in the office. Then came back and dealt with some bills and things, and now it is already 2 in the afternoon. I don't know where the day went.

As far as fitness goes, I have fallen off the wagen once again. It is really this sleep issue I think. I get no sleep wake up late and I am a zombie all day. I am excited for the new dvds to get here, but at the same time I know I won't be able to finish any of them. I am hoping that Cathe will have some awesome rotation to go with the new dvds and it will get me jazzed up to do hard workouts again. Now that I am thinking about it, I am so excited for the new dvds! I haven't bought any new Cathe since Gym Styles at least a year ago.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.