I have a chin but don't DO chins....

melodygirl

Cathlete
Hi,

Just running thru waving wildly. I miss playing here.

I am enjoying the new w/o but like every other ecto here (Briee;-) ) I'm going to continue a heavy UB and LB weight w/o each week. I'm also going to keep with inverted rows for now and hope to build up strength for chins/negatives that way. Can it be done? The IR don't seem to get in my neck like negative chins.

Off to continue the education process as recess is over!

Wishing a great day to each of you.

Hey Melody! Great to hear from you! You, Joanne and I are three peas in an ecto pod. I wish I were strong enough to attempt chins again without getting injured. I need to do more heavy UB, but don't have the time for 3-day splits and I'm sick of the Pyramids. Does anyone have a 60 min or less strength-building UB workout they can recommend, preferably using videos? Has anyone mish-moshed the Gymstyles or Slow & Heavy into a 60-min or less UB workout with any success?

Soooooooooooosan,

I'm in the same boat. If I figure out what to do I'll let you know. I'm going to use the PUB and PLB at the end of the week, but next week....hmmmm? I did BM2 yesterday. Don't know what today holds for me.

I was thinking about mish-moshing the GS also. If I get a moment (yeah right!) I'll figure it out.:7

Where are all you other ladies? I know you have chins.:p

Hey girlies! Nice to see ya!

Today was a 20 min run (7.0mph) and 35-40 min spin. Then I went home to do heavy chest/tris/legs & abs. Fantastic workout :)

I do have a chin & I did 5 chins before spin! Yeeeeehawwww.

Debbie

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.
--Ellen Degeneres

>I do have a chin & did 5 chins before spin.

That was cute Debbie.....say it 5 times fast!!

I have a thought but you might not like it. Melody, Sooooooooooooosan and anyone else...do your normal yoga, cardio etc and then copy off a few of Debbie's (fitfreak) heavy weight workouts. Disregard her weights (I know I DO;) ). She really doesn't do much weight work so to speak....BUT SHE DOES because it's so challenging. Do your own pyramids but go as heavy as you can WITH GOOD FORM and rest all you want in between sets 1-3 minutes or so is good. You could even pick one body part per day. I did shoulders yesterday and did shoulder presses (overhead), lat raises, rear delt flies, and rows. Do rep sets at about 12-10-8 (or even 10-8-6. It really doesn't take long, but if you go heavy, slowly and in good form - you WILL work your body part in not too much time with great results.

Somedays just for fun I'll take a REALLY heavy weight after I've warmed up and done a few sets and do one or two forced reps...that's all I can do, but believe me - forcing your muscles to go beyond where your at results in change. Just a few thoughts for you ecto's.

Briee

Almost forgot ......waves back to Melody....I SHOULD be doing school, but I'm on the computer and their watching Dora. Bad Bad Bad mom!!! Ola!!

Hey ladies!! I've been crazy the past few days. Got behind on workouts x( Was without my hormones last week x( x( Makes for a not very happy me!!! Premature ovarian failure SUCKS!!! OK the whine session is over.

I did Pyramid bonus mix with chins. Did a total of 27 chins. Definately feeling stronger. Still doing small sets 3s & 2s. Can not eek out that fourth rep though. I know I will get back there!!!!

I can not believe I've had the new workouts for this long and have only done 2. I agree with you all, I like to stick with my heavy wt work. I may still try to do one of these circuits per week as is and just see what happens.

BTW Melody, love the title!!!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Sorry to hear that you were feeling kind of yucko Catherine. Aren't hormones amazing little guys (gals).

I just came up from doing Cardio Fusion w/u, BM2 circuit blasts, DM 6 drills and stretch. I like this combo - takes 54.5 minutes. I added on the 15 min - bonus abs from B&G - this is good, your gonna hate it Catherine!! And did heavy triceps, and it's almost 2 am now!! I just couldn't sleep - I'm still not tired!!

Melody? You up??? I'm really enjoying these new workouts - was just what I needed right now!! Have a good night ladies. I'm going to try counting sheep or somethingx( x( .

Briee

Hey Catherine! Glad you're feeling better and getting back into it. I hate those ever-intensifying hormone fluctuations too.

Briee, where the heck do you get your energy??? I'd never be able to work out like that at 2am, insomnia or no. Is your husband like that too? Thanks for the UB advice. Would you mind writing dcwn a specific UB rotation for me that I could incorporate into my weekly routine?

Briee, you are a maniac working out so late and doing ABS!!!! I don't think I could ever workout that late/early. The latest I've ever worked out was 8pm.

Soooooooooooosan, I know what you mean getting tired of PUB. I tend to just do a workout but modify the upper body to do what I want LOL!! Something about working out with Cathe even if I'm doing something different.

Waving HI to all the ladies with chins!!

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

I had a little coffee earlier and I was wired...a great time to workout!! Keep in mind I have 6 children and elderly mom who will interupt me during normal human hours - I LOVE TO HAVE THE PEACE AND QUIET OF A 2AM WORKOUT!! Sooooooooooooosan...I'll have to think about the rotation. Give me a little time. I'm LOVING doing my own as I'm seeing muscle development - but then again...this is my goal and may not be yours.:7 :7 :7

Briee

Hey people with chins who may do chins but may not chin so who knows....

I'm back from sports circuit class. I am in love with this class! It takes endurance training and functional fitness techniques to the extreme. We often do cycles (i.e. 3-4 exercises repeated for 4 cycles).

One cycle was jump rope 2.5 min, combined bicep curl/shoulder press, lateral raises alternating arms, lunge backs w/ tricep extension & toss ball(paired with partner). So we did this 4 times.

Another cycle included needer press (on step w/ 2 risers each side, jump up & extend 5 lb plate in lunge position - jump back down both feet & bring weight to chest), side to jumps on and off step twisting plate from side to side, jumping jacks off step with plate above head then back to chest level, cross T pushups (push up into extending each arm out and back w/ hip rotation), & stiff legged wide grip bent over dumbbell rows. We repeated all these exercises again 4 times.

Those were just two of the cycles in the class! Just wanted to share a bit of what we do :)

Hope you all have a fantastic day!

Debbie

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.
--Ellen Degeneres

Debbie...what is this place....HEAVEN? Do you know how fun that sounds. So would you compare these classes to Cathe's intensity? This is SO RARE. Nobody is intense anymore (rarely at clubs - but then again I haven't gone to one in a long time). Where do you live? I'm moving. It's between your place and Tokyo (gotta love that sweet potatoe truck man)

Briee

Briee, oh absolutely on par with Cathe's intensity! This instructor is a trainer, in her 40s like Cathe, and looks amazing. She teaches us a tremendous amount :)

Debbie

--Ellen Degeneres

Yep I'm jealous!!

I did B&G yesterday morning and I have a "tight" feel in my tush this morning, but don't ache. I'm wondering if it helped doing Cardio fusion last night to keep things from stiffening up and getting sore. Love those DM drills!!!

Briee

LOL Briee :) I forgot to answer you - I'm in NY! Go tight tushy, go!!

Debbie

--Ellen Degeneres

Soosan

Just curious about your chin up injury... I was gung-ho on them for a while and injured my elbow. Have been afraid to try them again as my elbow still bothers me and it has been 5 months.

What did you injure and has it healed? I just ordered P90X and hope I can still benefit from the chin up section by modifying. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.