I HATE - Nov 18

August

Cathlete
Good morning!

I had a very nice total rest day yesterday (as opposed to a FitPrime total rest day LOL).

Dana - It's totally fun to see you posting a lot now! Yay! Yay! Yay! Anyway, let's see here, is that your first Jari? Do you like endurance workouts? I started out with Jari's first Ripped one (even before I found Cathe), and really liked it a lot. I like Jari and her workouts, and what I've discovered in the last few months is that ultimately I personally have better results with, and prefer strength building weight DVD over endurance ones. Tell me what you think of it when you get it! I've read so many threads on what great results you can get from it...Oh, oh, I've heard tons and tons of great things about the yoga DVD you got your boss! She'll love it! How sweet of you!

Exciting things for the weekend? Well, I'll be working, but since I'm married to my work and still deeply in love, that makes me a happy camper!

Deb - Haha, I saw Michele's troll picture, too, and had a good laugh. Where does she find those silly pictures! So what play is your daughter in, and what kind of part does she have? Does she wear a costume in it? I'll bet it will be so fun to watch your DD performing. I guess I don't have to tell you to take the camera, heh? LOL. Oh, and by the way, I LOVE to see that you are getting more and more addicted to the forums and have been here lots. Oh, and, I'M ready for my date with Dana's brother. Maybe we could pull together to somehow sponsor an airplane ticket LOL.

Diane - Hey, busy girl. How fantastic to hear about the remission in your boss's wife. I hope it goes away and stays away. Anyway, good luck with all your work. Think of Thanksgiving as your bonus goal!

Michele - I had been missing Robin's posts here, but had no idea what she was going through. How awful that anyone would have to suffer through such a thing. Whatever the best scenario is, I hope it will go there smoothly.....I will be having the traditional Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant here, or so it is advertised, so I'm guessing turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and that sort of thing. Since I'm living in Tokyo, there are TONS of great restaurants, and there are tons of Americans like me looking for a great Thanksgiving meal, so there are a lot of choices. A couple years ago we went to a California Cuisine restaurant that ended up having a traditional Thanksgiving dinner Hawaiian style. It was delicious, but it was slightly bizarre - like a twist on all the favorites. It sort of made me crave just regular old turkey (without mango sauce) and regular mashed potatoes (without whatever Hawaiian sauce they put on it). Will you be cooking?

Jeanette - I'm so glad that it had passed "edit time" so that you couldn't update your message about getting yourself ready for the cleaning man. Heheh. I was kind of hoping you were going to say that you were going to do your Butts for the cleaning man. Tee hee! I like naughty!

Well, today was to be a Christi workout,....but as it turned out, I received ONE Ravi and Ana Kundalini DVD in the mail, and well, how could I not do that as soon as possible? :D

It was about an hour and a half and it was...a fun, new experience! Very different from anything I have.

Forgive me, oh dear Christi! But I shall return to you, my love! :*

Morning all. I'm sitting here in my PJ's, drinking my coffee and then I"ve got to start my Saturday ritual of cleaning. BLAH!!!!! I"m actually going to check out Toys R Us website to see if they have their Black Friday ads available yet. I am so far behind w/Christmas shopping. I am usually done by now. I'm wondering if my mom will want to spend the night on Thursday so I can go shopping on Friday morning. All the big buys are at 5:00am you know!!!

Oh I forgot to tell you all my tradegy, I DID NOT get to go see Sebastian Bach last week. My friend bailed on me. Told me her daughter was sick but I don't think she wanted to go. Why the nerve of her!}( Oh well, life goes on.

August - I do prefer strength training over endurance training but I have heard a lot of good reviews on this DVD so I thought I'd give it a try. It was only $15 so I guess no biggie if I don't like it. It is supposed to arrive on Wed so I'm going to try to schedule it in for Thanksgiving day.

Netta - I thought that your post was funny. I am not easily offended (unless of course it is in reference to my weight, then look out ;-) ). So did you get your carpets cleaned????

Diane - it was nice seeing you yesterday. What wonderful news about your boss' wife. How is your work load? Did it lighten up at all? You should get the career woman of the year award b/c you are totally dedicated. They better give you a BIG Christmas bonus for all of your hard work.

Michele - how are you today?

Hello to all of you other haters!! Have a great weekend.

Dana - Woo hoo toy shopping at 5am! LOL! That in itself is a major workout. Sorry to hear your friend balied on Bach. You should have gone solo!

Yeah, $15 on a workout is a price you can easily forget if it turns out that you don't like it after all. I want to hear the report on what you think of it!

Jeanette - Yeah, the question about your carpet though really is, was the carpet guy cute? :)

Good morning!!

I can't talk right now--I just looked at the clock and went OMG!!:eek: :eek: . I have something I need to do today and I'm about to be late. I was posting away in OD, totally oblivious to the time and then suddenly I went OH SH*T--lol!

I'll be back to gab after awhile:* :*

Toy's-R-Us at 5AM the Friday after Thanksgiving:eek: ;( :eek: ;( I'd rather be shot.:7

Hi Ladies - Just stopping by. I am at work today (x( ) and probably will be again tomorrow finishing up this thing due Monday morning. But at least it will be mostly done on Monday! After that it is just incorporating other people's edits and then filing it with the court on Wednesday. I still have a lot to do though before Monday...

Dana, unfortunately, my bonus this year is set at a certain rate so no matter how hard I work, it will be that amount. So people at my same level that don't do as much work get paid the same. Though it is a nice amount, it is not like I will be rewarded based on performance. Next year is when bonuses start becoming more merit based, although there is a set ceiling that gets higher each year. So I already know what I will most likely get in 5 years from now for salary and bonus if I do a good job, so I guess that is a good thing.

Well, I am a fat blob now. I know that a few really hard workout would make all this water weight and a the couple extra pounds go away, but I haven't had time or energy to do it. I am hoping to get home before 8 tonight and do a workout. We will see. I may just have to wait until Monday.

Good morning,

Today's workout was Cardio Fusion. I dinked around with how long the premixes were and then just decided to do it normally and cut off at the end if I didn't want to do the Drill Max drills. I kept going and did the whole thing (though I got 2 phone calls during it and one visit) so it wasn't like it was continuous. Think the November rotation is helping my cardio capacity.

August, the carpet cleaning boy was really my brother's ex-stepson. He's a cutey but not in that way. The carpets look nice though. We have 2 dogs that stay in the house with us a lot. One of them, the German Shorthair, likes to bring rocks in for us to see. In the wintertime, the rocks are a little muddy and of course she plops them on the carpet. Anyway, like I said, it looks nice right now and I'm keeping an eagle eye on our dog.

Dana, I'm with Michelle on the shopping on Friday after Thanksgiving. Really, I'd like to shop at night when no one else is there and the lines are short. I can do Cardio Fusion but get exhausted standing in lines and shopping. WTH?

August, years ago, I had a reunion in 1978 with some bike riding friends in San Francisco. We were all on a cycling trip called Bikecentennial in 1977. The reunion was during Thanksgiving. The guy that hosted this made a Thanksgiving dinner. The turkey was okay, pie was from a box, picnic style on the floor, no chairs. I remember thinking ok, but it's not like home at all and I missed my traditional dinner with family so much. Never want to do that again. I love Thanksgiving and it's my very favorite holiday! Anyway, hope yours is wonderful for you and your mom.

Diane, you are such a hard worker. Looks like the end is in sight though. After this is done, hope you can get back to your workouts. It's been TTOM for me and I really gained a lot of water weight (I hope that's what it is :eek: this time). Feel a little leaner today. Hat the feeling of being puffy.

Michelle, hope you were able to do what needed to be done. I too have a couple things I've got to get done today.

Hey, great workouts everyone.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.