I Hate to Love Cardio - Sept 14

August

Cathlete
YES!

I tried out my Fiesta dance workout again (heh, after I did a short Christi step for insurance)...and this time...liked it! :p What a relief! This confirms that I am a Dancing Fool from this day forward. :+

Please, no jabs about the "fool" part. :)

But I still think the instructor could be a little better about actually teaching the steps she's taking. Or at least tell me which friggen way to turn!

If truth must be told, after doing my Fiesta and digging it, I immediately started searching through Collage to view other dance workouts. x( Yes, I know I have a little problem developing here with Videoitis.

Aside from that, all's swell. Barley - check. Chicken breast - check. Oh, and I'm trying out Dannon's Activia for 14 days to see what evils it will perform on me. Have to have some kind of experiment going on to keep things exciting, don't we!

What's in your bowl today?

Hello...Helloooo...Helllllooooo!!!

Where is everybody?

August, you're on thin ice, my friend. Fiesta Dance!? WTH is that? And you did TWO cardio's in one day!?!?!?!?!? AND you're searching collage for MORE!?!?!?!?!?!? I think you need an intervention. No, you're not a fool, you're...you're...you're CRAZY!--lol!

I think the dance type workouts look like fun but I can't dance so it would just be an exercise in frustration for me.

What's Dannon Activia? The checkerboard of barley and chicken I understand. Finally...something in your post I can understand--lol!

Diane, Kate, Janjan, Dana...have a good day and I hope to see you around here at some point.

I never got around to ordering my new glasses yesterday so I'm going to try to do it today. I'm waiting for a phone call and then I am out o' here.

:* :* :*

Oh! I have no clue what w/o I'm doing today. I did a steady state cardio on Eli last night, though.

Well...I am offically home sick today. What a great friggin week. I was in my car driving to work this morning and almost passed out. I had to make the call to my boss who was not very happy at all today that I was going to be out. What can I do? I am so friggin sick I can't sleep or see straight and am out of my mind. I have a Dr's apt at 11 and told them I would be brining in a Dr's note for today. I just had 2 really important meetings for budgets today, but what can I do??? SOOOOOO frustrated!!!!!

DD is doing better I am glad to report.

Ok, I am going to go and lay back down now. I will check back in a bit later after the Dr to find out what the heck is wrong with me!!!

Jana - Urgh! You sound like you must be really sick! Did you hear from the doctor? That's really awful. I hope it's nothing and that you'll be all better soon. Glad to hear that DD is better.

Michele - I know. Just the title alone made me initially want to run with loathe. Fiesta Dance. Oh gawd. But what can I say? Salsa me up! Ay, ay, ya, ya, ya! Believe you me, me ain't no dancer, neither. In fact, I've always thought that I HATED dancing. I think you're right. I need an intervention. I also need some better workout shoes.

You don't know what Dannon Activia is? I thought that was the big rage in the States, what's going on?! Have I been misled? It's some Dannon brand yogurt with a special bacteria that is supposed to be really good for you (or bad for you depending on what review you read, LOL). In 14 days your tumtum is supposed to be thriving full of good, friendly bacteria and all in life is supposed to be um, smooth and wonderful. (Or liquidy and crampy, depending on said reviews, again LOL.) It's supposed to be sold out everywhere. Well, according to things apparently one shouldn't believe when reading on the internet, anyway. I'm on day two. Nothing much to report, but the yogurt is tasty. :p

Hey, Kate, what kind of yogurt were you eating?

Hi Ladies - Just a quick pop in.

Jana - So sorry you are sick today. That sucks that it had to happen now, but boss just has to understand. Nothing like the guy at our firm who started this week and asked his boss to take off half of Wednesday so he can go alligator hunting??? Umm, hello! These St. John's rich kids drive me up the wall (no offense to you Jana if you went there or someone you know did) - they feel so entitled!

August - When I read your post this morning for some reason I read "Whats in your bowl" to be "what in your bowel today" after reading about Activa!! I crack myself up. I have seen a commercial about the stuff, but wasn't really interested in it. I didn't understand what the difference between that and eating extra fiber would be. Is this supposed to just help keep you regular (as commercial implies) or supposed to be more "cleansing." Did y'all read those stories on open forum about the cleaning diet thing?

Hey, I am back from the Dr and got major drugs! yeah! Hopefully they will kick in and I will feel much better sooner. I ate today so I do feel a little better. I had been feeling so sick I was not eating so that was not good.

Ok, so what is up with the Activa stuff? I have some sitting in my fridge but now I am afraid to eat it. August....can you give a little detail about it...do you eat it???? I got it cause I thought it was to help the immunity system not the other system.....

And, oh yea I did read those nasty cleansing stories, and I about gaged. YUCK!!! TMI!!!!!

My boss was so not happy and me not being there today, but let's put it this way, if they fire me when I have a Dr's not for being out, then oh well not ment to be right? What am I supposed to do? I nearly passed out in the car this morning from all of this crap......uhhhh....Don't worry Diane, not a St. John's rich kid, went to private school, but not a brat. And, oh yeah still working on email from yesterday back to you. I am so far behind with school and everything else, it is not pretty.

So,,,,Michele....how is the cardio going??? I know you have lost weight so give the details!!! How have you been doing? I have not had time to say Hi and talk to you much this week. I feel so lonely! I miss me buddies!

Kate, Kate???HELLO KATE!!! Where are you???

Ok, I am going to catch a quick nap and then go and get the kiddo from baby jail! Poor baby! I hate leaving her there all day!!

My book came! My book came! I've been reading it for the past hour or so. I'm very excited to get started with the exercise portion of the book. The diet part doesn't really excite me too much. There will never come a day when I will voluntarily eat nonfat cheese--ICK! LF is plenty low fat enough for me. I skimmed over the diet section and I'm a little confused. I mean, there are a few contradictions. It could be that I just read it wrong but parts of it didn't make sense. Diane, maybe it made sense to you. I don't have the book in front of me right now, but maybe I'll post a page # later and you can read it and provide some clarification. I tend to be a stickler for exactitude and I like things to be spelled out clearly and precisely.

Janjan, {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and prayers again. I'm so sorry. You have had some really rotten luck lately. For heaven's sake! Things simply have to look up from here. Please let us know what the doctor says. And don't worry about your boss. If you're sick, you're sick. You can't help that and he should understand.

August, now I remember seeing ads for that yogurt but I've never tried it. I'm not sure what's supposed to be so special about it. Does it have more active cultures or something? --What kind of shoes do you need for dance workouts--tap!?:p Can you do those w/o's on carpet?

Kate and Dana, {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and prayers for you, too.

I'm off to read some more of my book:)

Edits to tell Janjan that we posted at the same time. I'm glad you saw the doctor and got something to eat. I don't see why your boss would have a problem with you missing work today. Why would he want you there sick and unproductive?

I gained back the weight I lost and have started to lose what I gained back, if that makes sense:eek: :7 . I have a renewed surge of hope with my new book:)

Its a good book, I don't follow it to a perfect "T" on the diet part. I just aim for a mix of protein and carbs, etc. Tell us the page # and I will go back through it. It has been hard for me to be on sice I have been sick, but I got the basics down.

I never use ff cheese, just low fat. The ff stuff is like plastic, but lf is usually really good. Let me know the page and we can try to help.

I had a major crisis at work this morning and finally got a chance to breathe. Right when I thought this morning that I might finally be able to catch up on the backlog of work I have piling up today, I have this crisis and then several new assignments thrown on the pile. People just have no idea what else I am working on! Everyone thinks their case is priority #1. Ugg. But crisis was avoided (thank God, because would have been my a$$ on the line) and now just trying to catch up again on my mountain of work that will never get finished in a million years. Isn't work fun Jana!! Sorry for the rant about St. Johns people - I know at least 2 St. Johns people that turned out normal. The rest are complete brats that got jobs here because their Daddy is important. That really makes me mad because I had to work for everything I have. They got everything handed to them and don't even do good work at the firm. Since no one trusts them to do their work, all the work gets piled on me ir someone else while they sit around twiddling their thumbs getting paid the same amount as me. Really makes me mad.

Oh yeah, forgot to tell y'all, I brought up Abilene last night and DH was just like, "We already made the decision not to do it, so thats done." So I guess he is just done with that for now because he didn't really want to talk about it. Didn't seem mad or anything, but just that it was not an issue anymore. So hopefully this just blows over. He knows that he can change to whatever job he wants in a few short months, so I think that makes him feel better.

Diane, I'm sorry they piled so much work on you. That just sucks! I know what you mean about people not pulling their weight, too. It's like that everywhere. It's the 10% rule: 10% of the people do 100% of the work. It's terrible in my DH's office.

I'm glad the job issue for your DH seems settled. At the risk of sounding like an old mother hen, you guys are still so young and you have plenty of time to reach your professional and personal goals. I'll keep it in my prayers ;)

Janjan, you're sounding feisty this afternoon. I hope you can get some good rest tonight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your DD will sleep through the night.

I'm trying to decide if I should start the 5FF tonight or wait until Monday. What do you you gals think? I guess I could just do cardio everyday until Monday and then start with the exercise part. Advice/opinions please:D

I'm almost done with the book. Once I've finished I'll let you know if I still have a diet question. I may have taken something out of context because I had just skimmed over the material.

I say go for Monday or Sunday. I like to start stuff on Sunday. Keep working on your cardio and then slowly work to incorporate the diet stuff into it. It's not a hard diet to follow, but I know Diane and I can't find the turkey jerky so I sub it with some cottage cheese

I saw Turkey Jerky somewhere but where!? Now that's going to drive me crazy. I seem to recall that beef jerky is permitted, too. If I find the turkey I'd be happy to ship some out to you and Diane and anyone else who wants it.

I think I'll wait for Monday. I don't like to start stuff on Sunday because that's a day that DH and I usually do stuff together.

I also say go for Monday. I have a question for y'all about the diet. This week had 2 lunches that were not really on the diet (but not really really unhealthy, just not on the diet) and I had a big chocolate chip cookie on Wednesday (I know I am bad, just couldn't resist it sitting right in front of me). I was thinking maybe I should skip the cheat day this weekend because I messed up during the week, or should I just pretend it didn't happen and still have a cheat day? I feel like I gained back the 2 pounds I lost this week so maybe not have a cheat day. But I also love cheat day!

I used Beef Jerky the first week since I didn't have turkey jerky since the book says it is okay. I just though turkey jerky would be better for you so I wanted to find it. This week I used lf cottage cheese and this yogurt that has extra protein and fiber and low in sugar with fruit for snacks. Yogurt doesn't taste all that great but does the job.

It doesn't sound like you messed up that bad. If the lunch was healthy and contained the right nutrients I don't think it matters that it wasn't a recipe from the book. I don't plan to follow the diet to the letter. Actually, for diet I like South Beach better. It's pretty much the same but I understand it better.

As for the cookie, I don't think 1 cookie will make much of a difference. You could always do a partial cheat day. If you're really worried about it just cheat for one meal instead the whole day.

ETA I'll let you know if I find turkey jerky. Really, I'd be happy to send you some.

I agree, a partial cheat day is the best idea. I think we are going out to lunch with DH's parents on Saturday so I can splurge then. Plus I have a tube of cookie dough just waiting for me in the fridge. :) In-laws are coming over to the house to see the "grandkittens."

That is how I do it, cheat meals, not days. If I eat it all in 1 day I tend to feel so nasty the next few days I have a hard time getting back into it. If I break it up, it does not run me down as much.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.