I Hate Cardio - Sept 9

August

Cathlete
Wait, Michele, don't tell me what your favorite workout is right now! }( :p Haha.

So what, is Michele supposed to tell us which Cardio Coach she likes best? :7

Oh man, you know, my favorite workout seems to be the ones that I'm currently doing at whatever time you ask me x( .

But it's good news for me and all my purchases (being that I bought so many step ones) - I had set out to make myself love step, and cheers cheers, right now I'm totally into...Step! And so I keep thinking about what step workout to try out next. This morning I did Jari's S&H (I prefer this one to RTTC, though I'm alternating them throughout the week), and then because Michele brought up Basic Step, I had to break it out this evening and do it in her honor :) . When I finished it (loved it - no thinking involved whatsoever :D ), I did the first cardio chunk of Body Fusion for the first time, which was really fun, too. I was then tempted to pull out a Christi step workout, but then I realized it would be pretty dang stupid to deliberately damage myself so I resisted.

I'm likin' the new endurance project I'm on! Woo hoo! Yeah, I am the little exercise fiend these days. So NOT me. Or, so not the OLD me. Now it's the new August d'Endurance!

So now to answer Jana's question...........

STEP : Gin Miller's Simply Step - I am choosing this one only because it's an hour long and I feel like I get a really good calorie burn goin down. Basically, it's Basic Step doubled. Easy, no thinking, no jumping, very little turning, but heart-pumping. But as far as Step is concerned, I've only tried this, Basic Step, a tiny portion of Body Fusion, and the step portion of Body Max, so the lot to choose from is limited right now. But I can't wait to get better at it so I can try the others without going into a depression LOL.

HI-LO : Duh. Christi! I've only done two of the bunch of hers that I bought, but you know, I totally regret not just buying them all when I was in Oregon. So I've done Happy Hour and also Cardio Collectibles. They are both fun as he!!. Dancin' my @ss off, and miraculously loving it.

ABS : Okay, so I've got a couple abs workouts...and I NEVER use them. I always just do whatever abs workout is on whatever workout I'm doing. Actually, there's one ab one at the end of Happy Hour that seemed really easy when I was doing them, but I actually had DOMS the next day which was a pleasant surprise.

Is this boring the heck out of everyone? Sorry.

WEIGHTS: Before I started endurance, I was totally into Slow & Heavy. I think it may partly be due to at that time I was rather Lazy & Lethargic :D . With S&H, there's no fast moving, you don't have to change your weights a kzillion times, and there's lots of resting. Hehe, I found that quite appealing. But now that I'm totally into endurance, I'm looking forward to trying out my Cathe endurance workouts again with a new attitude and perspective. Anyway, so you know I'm using Jari's endurance full-body weight workouts, and of the two new ones, I prefer Slim and Lean. The other one, Ripped to the Core has you multi-tasking - you know, two things at once, like squat with shoulder raising and that kind of thing...put yer head, rub yer tummy...I dunno, I just prefer to focus on one thing at a time, I guess.

Did I cover everything?

Okay, Kate, get over here NOW! :7

Good morning haters!

Hi August. That you for your words of encouragement. Sometimes I'm just a self-pitying, whiny baby. Sorry! I'm glad you posted your opinions on Jari Love. I have been wanting to try her new DVD's but have been short on cash. Thank you, thank you for mentioning that ripped to the core has a lot of compound exercises in it. I too prefer concentrating on one exercise rather then doing 2 at once. Won't waste my money on that one. But you say Slim & Lean is a good one? I'll add that to my wish list.

I forgot to tell you all that my band broke. I was doing GS Back, Shoulders and Biceps and I did the band work for the back, started the band work in the shoulder segment and bam! The darn thing snapped right in half. Now I've got to find a new one.

Diane, I have to answer your question. Am I getting enough sleep/rest? You are funny!!!}( With 2 littles ones, heck no I"m not getting enough sleep. I usually go to bed around 10:00 and I get up at 4:30. Gannon in not a good sleeper so he is up several times through the night fussing. One night last week we were up at 3:00 watching Animal Planet. The reason that I get up at 4:30 (even though I don't need to be out of the house until 7:00) is that I was originally going to work out in the a.m. but all of my workout stuff is in the bedroom. I wanted to try to work out at 4:40 (just til 5:00) and then try to get up at 4:00 and do a full hour. Well that ain't happening. I am cleaning up the downstairs, getting lunches ready and getting my supper 1/2 started and doing laundry.

Jana - when do you start your job? I'm sure Marley is doing just fine in daycare. I know that Gannon really does like it. Gabe loved it and he still likes going after school. Even though I would rather stay home with my boys, the interaction with the other kids is great for them.

Michele - I've never tried cardio coach. Does it work well with the elliptical?

Kate - I thought that I was MIA - you are just as bad.

What's everyone up to this weekend? Gabe has a soccer game at 10:00 this morning, we should be home by noon. My best friend and I are hoping to go out to dinner tonight. I've got to call my mom and see if she will watch the kids so we can go. I may attempt to get in a workout after soccer.

Well better get going, gotta do some cleaning up before we leave.

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

Hiya, Dana!

It's so good to see you here!!

Yeah, I do like Slim and Lean...but I'm eager to try out Cathe's endurance ones that I have because I'll bet that I'll like them now that I'm out of my strength workouts phase. Do you have any of Cathe's body endurance workouts?

Too funny on your band. That would scare the bjeezus out of me, I'm sure.

Hey, I've got a good idea - when Gannon can't sleep, you can come here and play with us. :)

Here's hoping your Mom can babysit so you can have a nice dinner with your friend! Have a great soccer match and see you later!

KATE! Get yer butt here NOW! }(

Hey Dana!-I am having the same problem with the sleep thing. Mar is not sleeping at all through the night and is really fussy a lot too. I can tell you it makes a world of difference when you don't get enough sleep, but what can you do with a little one. I know also it keeps some lbs on me, you feel like crap and no energy etc. For the past 2 weeks I have been trying to get up at 5:30-6:00 to get a workout in and well I get up but have 0 energy. It sucks. Children should be nice to their mommys and sleep 12 solid hours! Hang in there!

August, awesome list. Thanks so much, it it good to see opinions of diff workouts. Here are my favs:

Cardio-Turbo Jam. I would say Cathe, but I can't do step anymore, if I could it would be IMAX2 or LowMax, but for now and forever as step is banned I am going with Turbo Jam, Cardio Party 3 and Kick, Punch and Jam.

Abs-I like the ab workout in PUB with the ball the best. I like coremax too, but I don't normally have 20 mins to put into abs. Ab ripperX is ok too, I just like Cathe the best.

Weights-Ok, I like all the GS the best, but I also do like shoulders and arms on P90X. I like going should, tri, bic and I feel like I get a good workout in.

Ok, that is all for now, I have to go and feed DD and then off to baby aerobics.

Hello to everyone!

Kick, Punch and....JAM?! Is that a Michael Jackson workout? LOL :p You sure have Turbo Jam on the brain!

OH WAIT A MINUTE! I see, I see, Turbo Jam has a workout called Kick, Punch and Jam. Cathe's is Kick, Punch and Jump. I think I'm feeling a little sleepy. :*

Oh yeah, that PUB ball ab workout IS good, now that you remind me. I like abs on the ball - don't they feel easier?

Okay, so now I've really got to try out my LowMax. (I don't think I'm ready for Imax2...)

Have you gotten any workouts that have rave reviews but it just never really clicked with you?

I have Karen Voight's Burn and FIrm, and also Kathy Smith's Peak Fat Burning, but neither of them really did it for me. Or maybe that was when I was the old me. Maybe I should give those guys another try now that I'm the new me. ;-)

Okay, so I realize it's a Saturday night and I'm spending it working and looking at the internet.

What was the first workout you ever purchased? A friend of mine copied a Tamilee Webb workout onto video for me YEARS ago....but that was back in the day when I scoffed at working out, though I would do it from time to time and really liked her.

What got me started was actually seeing results with Tamilee Webb's I Want That Body series, combined with the first series of Winsor Pilates. After seeing initial results from those, woah, did I get on a roll!

Okay, so I'm going back to work now. And when I return, man, there better be a post by Kate!

:D

eh, I forgot my password so I asked for it and then I forgot that I have a new internet address and so I had to go thru the motions of trying to get back on.

Not feeling so well, I have not slept well in days due to bladder problems so I have been working out "adequately" and I usually like to push myself. I did to KPC Today and the floor work from Pure Strength Legs but that was it and I wasn't able to jump those half inch jumps that I am known for.

And my dishwasher is not working so I am miserable washing dishes. How did anyone ever live without a dishwasher? Oh, yes paper plates, paper bowls and plastic utensils. I see. Still, without a dishwasher, life just ain't as grand. Oh, I need some sleep. Going to try to take nap today but knowing my bladder, I will have to get up five minutes after I lie down. Oh well.

Anyway, I am tired, so I am going to stare at what needs to be cleaned in the house!

Thank goodness. Now I can go to sleep. :)

P.S. I don't have a dish washer.

P.P.S. Feel better, Kate. Anyway, glad you're back.

Good morn...er...afternoon!!

Oh man, I overslept today! It doesn't bode well for you, dear August, because I barely slept a wink last night. Well, maybe it's Kate's fault this time. Anyway, I got up around 9:30, made coffee, fed kitty, then my sister called and we talked for almost 2 hours, then my darlin DH called. After that I fixed something to eat and tuned into my fav Food TV shows--Rachel Ray, Giada, and Ina Garten.

August, I'm worried about you--very worried. You're turning into an exercise machine. I cannot believe you did THREE workouts in ONE day:eek:. I've looked at some Jari Love stuff but, I dunno. Am I being judgemental or is she cheesy looking?--lol! It's just that Cathe is so classy and girlie and I love her. --Body Fusion was the workout that almost had me in tears. It was a long time before I was able to get through that workout without modifiyng. By the way, I never use risers. I have to keep it low--adding risers makes my hip hurt. I'm going to have to look at at Gin Miller's Simply Step but right now I'm content with my elliptical.

So, what are my fav workouts, you ask?

Cardio - without a doubt, it's my elliptical trainer. I LOVE the Cardio Coach workouts and I just bought all of them on CD because I don't have an MP3 player. I've downloaded a couple of the iTrain workouts--a 20 min and a 40 min iClimb--and I like those, too, but I can't afford to invest in an iPod right now and it's not the same playing them from your computer.

Weights - I've been doing Cathe's ME lately. I use one of the premixes because I can't stand the long workouts. If it takes over an hour I won't do it. Anyway, the first time I did ME my DOMS were so severe that I couldn't extend my arms and they lasted for 3 or 4 days:eek: . I just recently ordered a bunch of Cathe workouts and I haven't had a chance to try them out yet. I have the GS's and PUB/PLB and I haven't even previewed them yet but I will. I'm going to do ME for a week or 2 and then I'll move on to something else.

Abs - I don't have Coremax so I just do whatever abs are on the DVD I'm using at the time. They all give me DOMS. I hate ab work more than cardio;( .

Dana, I'm so glad you checked in today and I'll keep my fingers crossed that your mom will babysit. I would definitely recommend Cardio Coach and/or iClimbs (check out iTrain.com). The iClimb's are pretty cheap and if you have an MP3 player you're in business. CC can be used for any type of cardio machine and runners use it, too. The iClimbs are meant to be used with ellipticals and stair climbers. They both do HIIT--iClimb has 20 or 60 min workouts and I think most of the CC w/o's are around 40 or 50 min but I'm not sure about that. I think you should download one and see what you think.

Janjan, I'm glad you like the Turbo Jams. At least that's something you can do for now until your knee is back in business. What did you decide about Leslie Sansone? I'm with you on the 20 ab workouts. I still want to get Coremax but I probably won't do all 20 min.

Kate, {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for you. I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must be to have a bladder problem like that, not to mention the sleep deprivation. I hope you get a respite soon! Hey, I slept more than you and I'm merely staring at my messy house, too--lol! I hate when the dishwasher goes kaput. Put those kids to work!! That's what I'd do. I remember my mon pulling a chair up to the sink so I could stand on it to wash dishes and I'm not lying about that. It was cheap, affordable slave labor. Anyway, it didn't kill me and I used to kind of think it was fun back then.

Diane, what are you up to today?

Okay, I need to get cracking here. I'll see you gals tomorrow.

:* :*

Nice to see you back Kate! Sending you {{{{hugs}}}}. Hope you start to feel better soon!

We are all sick in our house, everyone has a cold it sucks! Baby, Mom and Dad all feel like crap! It's just fab let me tell you.....uhhhh.....

August-were you talking about ME from Cathe? I really like that one. It is long, but a good workout.

{{{{{Janjan}}}}} I hope you're all back in the pink soon. You have not been having a very nice time lately, have you?

I like ME too.

I've been adhered to this chair and I need to get going here. I'm wasting a gorgeous day. I'm going to stop by a farmers market and look for some nice fresh fruit and veggies.

Hi Ladies - Very active board for the weekend! I am having a slow day today - watching tv, then cleaning a little, then watching tv, then eating. I have a lot of chores to do, errands to run, and a workout to do, but haven't done any of it yet. Today is cheat day so I guess I thought that meant I get to cheat on everything else too :) I have totally gorged on bad food today and probably gained back everything I lost, but I really wanted to test this program to see if it works so we will see in a week what happens. Gotta run to the grocery store, will check in later.

Mornin! er, Evening!

Michele - Oh no, don't say you didn't sleep well. Since coming back from the States I have been on an awesome roll. But the start of your day sure sounded nice. Does your sister live nearby? Oh, I totally don't use any risers on my step. My heart rate gets up there without them, and I certainly don't need to have an accident at this point LOL! Jari cheesy?! You think that moi would use anything near cheesy? I think not! LOL. Well hmmm........ what do you mean by cheesy? I was surprised that you would classify Cathe as "girlie." If I'd not known Cathe and read that she was girlie, I'd have stayed away! Oh, and now you got me all interested to try out my ME again.

Janjan - Ugh, everyone's sick? That sucks. Yeah, ME. Was it you who said that that was the workout that hooked you onto Cathe?

Diane - Oh yes, today is my cleanup day, thanks for reminding me. I missed like three cleanup days in a row not being in town. I ought to change my cleanup day from Sunday to a week day when I'm more likely around to clean LMAO. Hope you enjoyed your cheat...is it a cheat meal or a cheat day?

On that note....well, today is supposed to be stretch day but how in the world can I do that when I'm so excited about my workouts? I should rest, shouldn't I. Am I making my way to Burnout Land? I really want to try out a Christi step workout today. Well, I'll digest my oats and see what happenes. }(

Good even...er...morning, August--lol!

I think Cathe is girlie because she wears really cute w/o clothes, has pretty hair, impeccably manicured nails...that sort of thing, and her personality is sweet and charming. I really don't know anything about Jari but she looks, well, rough to me or something. I have no clue what I'm talking about--lol!

Hey, when was your birthday? I think you snuck it past us but it's been in teh back of my mind all along. How old are you now? Am I old enough to be your mother, too?:eek: ;(

I have yet to do my workout (I'm going, I'm going) and I'm starving. My house is a filthy stinking pig sty, my hair looks like crap, I have a headache, and I miss my DH. Sleeping in really screwed up my day and I hate that! x(

I've been trying to look online for comfy yet stylish shoes to wear to Italy. Youse guys have any ideas?

Well Michele all I can say is Puma, I am a Puma girl. I love my Puma's and they are Euro so you can't go wrong. I am sure you think I am nuts, but hey they are comfy and awesome! hehe!

August-I like ME, but I got hooked on Cathe like 6 years ago through a friend. It was a step workout, I think the classics that got me hooked, I can't rememeber. Its been too long. You will enjoy ME, great workout. I do bits of it for upper body since I can't do low body. I also like Push.Pull and super sets. I don't own those, but I do them when they are on FitTV. I am going to buy those next.

Janjan, I was just looking at Puma's on Zappo's website. Which ones do you have? Do they have really good arch support? I must have excellent arch support and a cushioney sole. Please, oh please, show me which shoes you have and tell me all about them. I will pay a lot for shoes because my feet must have a good, comfy, supportive shoe.

Hey there,

Haha, I read your "sleeping in really screwed up my day" as "sleeping in really screwed up my hair."

I see what you mean about girlie. I guess I'd classify those things as just bein' clean :) . I associate girlie with froofy and giddie, which I'm not so in to. For me, Cathe is more jock, which is what I like. Actually, come to think of it, there are some hair styles that Cathe has had that are rather girlie....must be why I didn't think they really worked for her ;) . I have no clue what I'm talking about either, LOL!

Jari might look rough because the general set looks rather rough. One thing for sure, that woman is very thin!

Oh yeah, I had my 37th bday on the airplane. Can't say it was the best bday meal I've ever had LOL. But it worked out pretty nicely that way - I had early bday celebrations pre-flight, and late bday celebrations on return. All in all a good deal!

You're old enough to be my bud! :7

Okay, I'm just about digested and am thinking to pull out the ol' step.

Hey, how about getting some comfy yet stylish shoes to wear in Italy IN Italy? Whatever you do, bring an empty suitcase and fill er up! You must be sooooo excited! When do you go? And for how long?

Agh! As I was posting, you guys posted!

HI!

Janjan - I've actually done ME a couple times...but that was when I was on my strength kick so I wasn't so into it. I'm looking forward to trying it out sometime soon. Sorry I haven't had a chance to pull out my MM yet :) . I don't have Cathe's PP or SS, either.

August, you never really answered my question. When was your friggin bday or do I have to come over there and beat it outta ya--lol!

I leave for Italy in mid October. I don't know the actual date. My DH will probably inform me of that the day before we're supposed to leavex(. I thought about buying shoes there but I can't risk it. I have to make sure I have some comfy shoes for sightseeing, I might buy a dressy pair while I'm there, though.

I am not getting anything accomplished. I need to turn off this computer and get busy. I'll see you lovelies tomorrow, or later today if you live in Tokyo :7 :*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.