I Hate Cardio - Sept 26

August

Cathlete
Hello there!

Ooh, Michele, thanks for that new barley recipe. There's that chicken or veggie stock again. I'm going to have to get over that little problem. :) Okay, doofus question - chicken stock can also be bought as powder, right? :eek:

Well, I forced myself to get up when I happened to sleepily open my eyes around 8:30am. Now if I can just make it through the day without a nap! I'm actually working away from my apartment today, so there's a good chance I make it through. :*

Anyway, it's confirmed. I have grown completely tired of rotating my two Jari workouts. Not sayin' it's HER, it's just that I see now that rotating those two for five weeks makes for major boredom. I was laughing at myself getting through RTTC - after every body part and on to the next, I thought, oh gawd, I don't wanna do that one LOL and then I'd push myself through it only to say it again at the next body part. Or like, certain songs or certain comments have begun to sort of drive me nuts. It's funny, Pre-Cathe, I rotated Jari's first Ripped workout, just that ONE workout, 3-4 times a week for 2 MONTHS! :eek: I never, ever got bored with it.

Which makes me wonder -- can I only like one thing at a time? Am I bored with my weight-lifting days simply because I am enjoying my cardio ones?

Very deep.

Hope that theory is wrong.

Well, this rotation goes until the end of this month, so there's not much more of it anyway. As for how is my endurance? It's DEFINITELY better. I had to jog for five minutes straight this last weekend (in a not-exercise kind of way) and I was shocked...shocked..to find that I wasn't out of breath at all and that it didn't take any effort whatsoever. Okay, so five minutes doesn't seem like a lot but for me and jogging straight that amount of time is huge. What's not huge is that I definitely feel...softer in general. Course, I'm eyeballing my peanut buttter, er, I mean FOOD these days, so that might be the culprit.

Wow, that was more like a boring diary entry, wasn't it. :7

You guys all having a nice week?

Good morning! I am still 1/2 awake. How is everyone?
I have to be short so I can go and get ready, but just wanted to pop in and say HI!

I will check back in when I get to work. Its a busy day again today. What can I say!!

Oh Diane I think the weather is going to be really good today! I can't wait!

See you guys in a bit!

Good morning!

August, you are too funny for words first thing in the morning. Powdered chicken broth?---EWwwwwwwww. I guess you could try using bouillion. Now why is it you can't get chicken broth? --You should be sick of Jari after 5 weeks. That's why most rotations are only 4 or 5 weeks. It's time for a change! So what do you have? How about Cathe's Gym Style w/o's? Actually, I know what you mean about feeling bored with one thing and wanting to focus on another. I find it hard to do both cardio and weights. For me it's not so much boredom as it is not wanting to spend that much time working out--lol! WOO HOO!! Great job on your jogging. Hey, I can't jog for 5 minutes. We need to bask in the glory of ALL our accomplishments!

Janjan, I hate that you're working. You're never around now. You're gone, Kate's gone, Dana's gone. I'm crying real tears here. COME BACK...EVERYBODY...PLEASE COME BACK!!!!!!!!!

Diane, have you been able to get your w/o's in? Are you going back to 5FF? I really think you should. It's a good w/o and what's more, it's a w/o you have time for! I wouldn't worry too much about a bikini. I've seen your pictures. You look great.

Dana and Kate, the lights are always on and we're here when you need us:*

I've been very good with my workouts. I still procrastinate but I'm gettin' it done everyday. I'm going to try to make it to the mall today, the one I've been trying to go to for a week now. Life keeps interfering. I NEED to shop. My trip is only a couple of weeks away and I don't have a thing to wear ;(

Have a glorious day everyone and I'll BBL:*

Hi Everyone -

Michele - Yes I am planning on going back to 5FF, but just haven't yet! I was supposed to this morning, but of course didn't wake up. DH and I are planning to go on a walk tonight after dinner, so I will do my 5FF weight lifting before that.

Jana - Yes, it is so nice lately. I love this cooler weather. If only it could stay this way all year round.

We took the kittens to the vet today for their big surgeries (declaw and spay). They were so freaked out! They hate their carriers and were freaking out when we were trying to force them in there. I am going to be worried about them all day.

Once again, I'm not going to make it to the mall and I'm starting to get depressed about this. I've concocted a new plan; I'm going to get up EARLY tomorrow and make sure I leave my house NO LATER than 9AM. The mall I'm speaking of is far away and if I don't leave early there's really no point in going. And I'm not going to answer my phone. I tend to get a lot of early morning phone calls and then I get sidetracked. Either that or I develop a butt glue problem with the chair in front of my computer...sooooo, maybe I shouldn't post first thing in the morning tomorrow. I need one of those organizational experts to come and organize ME :eek: ;(

August, I have the answer to your chicken broth dilemma--your MOM!! What are mom's for if not to make homemade chicken broth? You do have chickens in Japan, right?--lol! And homemade would be so much better than the boxed or canned stuff I use. OR, you could make vegetable broth. I never have but it must be easy, right?

Diane, Awwwww. I know just what you mean. My Johnny hates going bye bye in the car. He seems to have a sense about these things and hides on the days we're supposed to go to the vet. I have to fake him out now or I'll never find him. And he puts up one helluva fight when I try to put him in his carrier. I bought one of those Sherpa carriers that opens from the top and side and I love it. It's much easier to drop him in from the top than it is to stuff him in from the side--lol! Here's what I have:

http://www.sherpapet.net/index.php

Okay, I need to accomplish something of value today. I'll see you later:*

Hey everyone,

I am about to be the ragin cajun today...UUHHHh...I am having one of those days!! Can you tell???? Work is fine, I am just dealing with school crap.

How is everyone?? Michele, I love going to the mall, any reason to go and I am there! hehe!

Diane, funny story about the cat vs. car...last year during the great evacuation we had to put El Diablo in the car and he freaked out. He got really kitty sick to him stomach and we let's say he emptied his tummy all over the carrier. We were stuck in the car and had to pull over to clean it out. Oh, it was horrible. So...as long as the girls did not make a mess you are good. I am sure they will be just fine and they miss you!!!

August, girl I have not had to time to keep up with the posts, but I am waiting to hear about all your results from Christi and Cathe!! I am sure you are looking great!

Ok, I have got to run, I have a lunch meeting (yuck). Hey Michele, I will be in Nashville in October, are you near there???

Janjan, Nashville is pretty far away:-( . It's probably at least an 8 hour drive. If you ever have a business trip to SW Ohio let me know. I'd love to meet up with you! Hey, did you ever get your turkey jerky?

I went shopping after all. I just went to our local mall on a whim. They don't have much but I did manage to snag 4 sweaters. This is something of a major accomplishment because I usually leave the mall in tears. My frown was certainly turned upsidedown today:).

Everything I bought is very practical and probably identifies me as a right wing conservative and a card carrying member of the Republican party :eek: :p:D. They're all V-neck; two of them are a cashmere/silk blend, one is cotton, and one is silk/nylon. Three of them look like they have a blouse underneath but they're all one piece. They're soft and cozy and I hope appropriate for Italy. I guess I should check out the climate before I buy anything else. I'm such a dope sometimes;) . I still need something dressy and a good pair of walking shoes.

Okay, now I need to do my workout. I'll see you chickadees later on:*

I'm replying to myself because I thought I saw our dear Kate! Kate, are you lurking? You've been MUCH on my mind, young lady. I know you're probably swamped with your kids and school projects, but I really miss you. I hope you're feeling better.:* :* Come say hello!

I'm LMAO because I just realized in the post about my shopping trip I said that I "managed to snag 4 sweaters". I didn't meant that in the literal sense. I didn't actually SNAG them--lol! I thought I better clarify my statement in case you were wondering--lol!

So did you snag the sweater or not??? So what are you saying????
ummm...I am wondering about you!!! haha!!!

I wish you lived closer to Nashville, that is as close as I will get I think:-(
I know a co-worker went to NY city this week, but I did not get to go. I cover more of the West Coast in my job. I am soley over the West Coast financials and marketing.

Hey, I never did get the turkey jerky. I checked today, but I am going to check again tomorrow. It may just be slow, or someone got hungry!!!! I am ssoooooo excited about it.

Hey did you buy any shoes???

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.