I Hate Cardio - Sept 24

August

Cathlete
Good morning!

Michele's magic worked wonders on me! I was able to get to sleep and wake up around 9am. Not bad at all! Thank you, Michele!

Jana - Bad pizza? Is there such a thing? LOL. No, no, that's awful. Bad cheese is...so wrong. I hope you feel better today.

Diane - Oh 5-Factor expert! Michele's got a question. I'll copy paste it just in case you didn't see it from before:

(Michele) I have a 5FF question. Yesterday called for lunges. It's my first week so I was supposed to do 25 reps. I didn't understand the instructions. I interpreted it to mean that you were supposed to do alternating lunges, 25 per leg, so 50? Anyway, that's what I did. Or was I supposed to do 25 static lunges on one leg then switch and do 25 more on the other leg? I thought it was very confusing.

Oh yeah, and we want to know what you bought.

Michele - How was your dinner for your in-laws' anniversary? Hope your nephew has a nice birthday!

Kate, Dana, how you guys doing?

Last night after coming home, I had a nice dinner with Mom, and then later before bed I wasn't hungry, but I decided to eat my Bio anyway because I was afraid of messing up on the 14-day "challenge" LOL. Any news to report, you ask? Well, heh, hmmm.........there seems to be one tiny change,..in the last few days I've been a tad bit, well, rhymes with bonstipated LMAO. Which isn't to say that's actually a bad thing because I am going every day...it's just...a little...different. Jana, have you been continuing Bio, yourself?

Well, since I took yesterday off, I'm doing yesterday's workout today. That would be Jari's RTTC. But maybe I'll at least do Jari's S&L since that's the one of the two I like better. Yeah. Maybe I'll do that.

Have a great Sunday! :)

August!!! Hey, ummm to answer your question, no I have fallen off the banwagon because I was going through the same thing you mentioned. I honestly believe I am so overstressed with everything and all the changes I am making myself nuts and since I have not worked out at all over the past 2 weeks my body is just going super nuts. I have also not been eating good so it's been super nuts. My stomach is twisted most of the time and I feel an ulcer coming on, it really sucks. That could have something to do with it......

Michele-to answer the question, I have no idea, sorry. Since I am banned from lunges, I tend to skip over that part, but I would say I think (educated guess) that is it 25 per leg. I could be wrong, but that is what I would go with. does that help any? I think Diane would answer that one better.

Speaking of Diane-So are you ready for the game? Did you find something to wear? I am so not a Texans fan, they bite and should have picked Vince. I think David Carr sucks, just a personal opinion. Even with as bad as they suck, the games are still a blast.

Kate-Hello Kate! Who is going to win the run way this year??? I still need to catch up on a few episodes.

Ok, well I am off to attempt Turbo Jam-Old lady style. The knee has really, really, really been hurting since I have not been doing my exercises and I am just falling apart...what can I say...oh well....

Oh...hey Diane, my adpoted Mom and I are doing the Race Now walk for Autism and if you are interested in walking join us! If you want the details let me know. Its a lot of fun and for a real great cause. Its at the end of October. It will be fun! It's just a walk too no run!

Ok, I am off!

BB in a bit to say HI again!
janjan

Hi Ladies -

Michele - I did 25 alternating, so 50 total. It really got my heart rate up!

Jana - I ended up not even going to the mall because DH, of all people, found an outfit I can wear out of clothes I already have. A pair of trouser type pants that is the color of jeans (so sorta a mix between jeans and pants) and a white button down shirt that is cute with some brown sandals. That should be okay.

I haven't been able to get on the computer lately because DH has been working from home all day yesterday. It has been aweful for him - we have been getting calls at home from his boss at all hours of the night. And then we have to see his boss at the game today, I am so tired of him.

I never worked out yesterday, I was just basically a bum. I am thinking of going back to 5FF because the workouts don't have the dread factor which prevents me from doing them.

I just realized I called Activia yogurt Bio by mistake. Actually, it wasn't a mistake - it's called Bio in Japan for some reason. I guess Activia is too hard to remember :* .

Anyway, NO WAY! Jana, you too have been, erm, umm....Activiastipated? Oh no! I wonder if it is from all your stress or if it is from the yogurt? Sounds like you're having a lot of stress. That really sucks. Are you joking about the ulcer? I don't think I've ever had one, so I don't know what it feels like...but it must be awful.

Diane - Well, that's nice of your DH to find an outfit for you so that you don't have to buy anything new...NOT. LMAO. No, no, at least you don't have to go searching all over the place, eh?

All's good over here (except for that little problem :eek: ;) ) and I'm getting ready to sleep.

Hope your Sunday is a good one!

Hi everybody!!

It's been a long weekend and I'm beat! August, thanks for asking and yes, we had a lovely dinner with my inlaws last night at a little French bistro. The food was fantastic and we ate way too much. I had some onion soup, a salad of haricot verts, tomotoes, red onions, with grated eggs and it was to die for. I orderd roast chicken for my entree which was juicy and delicious. I didn't want to but my family made me order dessert :p . I had a lovely peach and blueberry bread pudding with a scoop of real vanilla ice cream:9 . My mouth is still watering.

We were going to visit my fam damily today but it was a no go once again. I called my brother to sing happy birthday (it's expected. I call everyone in my family on their birthday and sing. If you could hear me sing you'd understand what a dirty rotten, horrible thing it is for me to do--lol!). My nephew also celebrated a birthday today but I couldn't get a hold of him. I'll insult his ears tomorrow.

We ended up spending the day at our local art museum. They snagged a traveling exhibit of 17th century dutch art: paintings, delftware, silver, etc. It was beyond words. Rembrandt was the primary artist featured in the exhibit. It will be on display here for 3 months and I intend to go back often. After the exhibit leaves here it goes to Portland, Oregon. Gosh August, you just missed it!!

After that, DH asked me to go target shooting with him:eek:. What can I say? I had one he!! of a rootin, tootin, shootin good time--lol! Really, I fired off several rounds with a 38 special and hit a clay target dead center :eek: :D . I have to admit, I had a good time. I don't think I care to make a hobby out of it but I might go with DH once in awhile. It is an awesome feeling when you hit what you're aiming for--lol!

Diane, thanks for explaining the lunges. That's what I did, too. And August, thanks for bringing my question to Diane's attention.

Okay, I'm totally wiped out so I need to pack it in for the night. I'm blowing good night kisshies to all you little haters:* :* and I'll see you in the morning.

Oh, I forgot to tell you what I ate today. We went to a farm stand and they had some sort of a carnival going on. We left there with ONE apple cider donut which we promptly ate (we shared it:+ ), and a dozen cookies. They were called Apple Harvest Oatmeal cookies and they were the best cookies I ever ate...EVER! OMG!! I ate 4 of them straight away:eek: :9 :eek: :9 :eek: :9 :p :7 Talk about falling off the clean eating bandwagon;( . I'm going to have to see if I can find a recipe. They contained raisins, dried cranberries, walnuts, and apple. Well, maybe they weren't so bad after all--lol!

I cannot believe how long this post is and I did nothing but talk about myself! Oh well, you know I love ya!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.