I Hate Cardio - Sept 19

August

Cathlete
Holy smokes! I just put vanilla protein powder into a plain Activia and it totally tasted like raw vanilla cake mix! :9 :p :9

Hope your guys' day starts off with a nice surprise, too! :7

MMMMMMmmmmmmm...raw vanilla cake mix:9

Now I want cake. ;(

I had a huge apple dumpling last night:eek: :9

I'm just getting ready to do my 5FF workout and then I am out of here. I have mucho errands to run and my work is doubled since I didn't accomplish a darn thing yesterday.

Dana, I'm worried about you. I hope you're okay.

Janjan, hows the job? Did you make it to the gym yesterday?

Diane, did you get up in time for a workout?

Katiepoo, how are you? Did you start the day with a renewed sense of spirit and a determination to reduce your workouts to a 1/2 day intead of a whole one--lol!

August, I love the website...oh heck! I can't think of the name of it. The one with the worlds greatest foods. Did you see bananas made the list of the top 100 foods? Yum-O! I bet a banana chunked up into the vanilla cake batter yogurt would be great. }( :9

You're close, silly! It's World's Healthiest Foods. Yup, yup, I saw Mr. Banana there! I eat a banana every day in my post-workout smoothies, along with frozen strawberries, frozen raspberries and frozen blueberries. Yu-hum! Love frozen bananees!

That website has helpful hints on how to cut and prepare things for cooking, too, it's pretty great.

Okay, so now I see the pattern that I've fallen into - I sleep for an hour, and then I'm awake for half the night. So now I've had my little nap and it's 12:30am. And I'm hungry. x(

So I'm outta bed and into the fridge I go. }(

Crap crap crap! I just somehow agreed to run in a 5k (non-competitive) with some friends. I haven't run in a long time! It is on Sept. 30th, so I have less than two weeks to train. What in the world should I do? The two friends are "semi-fit" meaning I doubt they will come in at 21 minutes, but they may be faster than me. I don't really care about speed or beating them, but I don't want to have to walk during the race and I don't want to be embarrassed by my lack of fitness.

I am thinking I will run at least 30 min 4 days a week, do at least 1 Imax workout a week, and do one or two total body workouts a week to train for this. Is it a bad idea to run in this race or train if there is a chance that I am pregnant right now (I wouldn't find out if I am until around race day)?

Hi Diane,

I'm no expert on this stuff, but I would guess that it's not good to try an exceed your current level of fitness if you think you might be pregnant. Why don't you post a question on the pregnancy forum for some more expert advice?

Diane, sorry, I guess Michele and I aren't the ones who can respond to pregnancy. She's got a weight-lifting rat, and I've got a plant. :7

And I'm still awake. x(

3:45am

Hey chickies.

Diane - congrats (I guess :p ) on agreeing to run a 5K. I am not a runner so I have no clue what to tell ya.

August - mix ff vanilla pudding with your protein mix (make the pudding w/skim milk) and that tastes like vanilla cake too!

Hi Michele, Kate & Jana.

Just wanted to report that I am fine. After majorly getting p'ssed off at my doctor's office, I then went to the ER and I am fine. To make a long story short I called the doctor's office to make an appt and I was told that I had to go to the ER. I refuse to go to the ER unless of course I"m dying. I told the person that answered the phone that I waited until Monday morning to avoid going to the ER. I told her off, told her that I was writing a letter to whomever is in charge, and basically told her to F off. She tried telling me that I also had to call the police and report the accident. WTF???? I was the only person involved in the damn accident. What am I going to do sue myself???? Then when I did go to the ER they were like, why are you here????? I HATE GEISINGER HEALTH PLAN!!!!!!!!!!!

I just saw in our local paper that there is going to be a triathalon type event on October 21st. I am no shape to do this but maybe next year. You have to run 5.2 miles, bike 20 miles and kayak 2.2 miles. Sounds like fun.

Well gotta go. DH has no control over the kids and they are both screaming.

Later!

OMG Dana! I am soooo happy to hear you are ok. I have been really worried about you!!!!

I have to be real short, but DD is again really sick with a nasty ear infection. She would only sleep for 20 mins last night and had a 103.8 fever all night. I called the Dr this AM and they got her in at 9. She got a shot and some new meds. It has been hell.

I am happy to report I think we have found a new live in nanny. I am so excited. Only about 60 more per week and she cooks and cleans, etc and has been taking care of a family for the past 10 years. I think we are going to meet her on Sat and hopefully she can start soon. I am soooooo excited!!!

Ok I have got go

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.