I Hate Cardio - Sept 17

August

Cathlete
Mooooorning!

Afternoon here. I slept so late :-( . Now the day is half gone already! x( I've got to try to get back to that awesome sleep pattern I'd been having. It'll be an early sleep tonight (please, please, please).

Well,......I just did my first attempt at Low Max!! And you know, I figured something funny out. Last night I slathered on lotion all over my body. And now I know that having lotion all over my body makes me sweat a TON more LOL! I mean, I definitely sweat more these days with my healthier eating, but lather on some cream and yeow - pouring down from everywhere! It was totally funny! I'm talking trickling down my legs! :eek: I had to go to the mirror several times during my workout LOL.

It was a good workout, though I was fumbling around a bunch since I wasn't used to the moves (no risers ;) , I'm not that foolish). One time I pulled a total Three Stooges move where I put my foot on the step but by mistake put it on the edge of the step, so that when I went to stand on that foot, I slid-zig-zagged down the side of my step LMAO. I was able to catch myself before taking a major spill, though. You should have heard the funny sound - Zah! zah! zah! zah! zah! I was totally cracking up at myself. (Okay, now you can call me foolish :* )

On that note, I've vaccumed and did a quick wipe of all the surfaces and am ready to do some work before dindin with Mom. I hope she likes those charts I made her in the wee morning hours, and doesn't think they're too goofy :D .

Ooh, I love Steve Madden shoes! I used to wear them all the time back in the day I didn't wear mules :7 .

Do you guys have some nice weekend plans?

Hi everyone.

August - you need to get your sleep in order. I can't believe that you can stay up all night long. How long have you been like this??? Low-Max? I'm not too fond of that one. Gets me way too dizzy with all those pivot turns. I do basic step most of the time in that workout.

OK, I need to tell you what happened to me yesterday. It was the most horrific, scariest thing that I ever experienced. Me, my mom, Gabe and Gannon went to the mall yesterday. We got back to my mom's house. My parents live on a 15 acre mountain. Their driveway is huge, steep and very long. The average person would not walk up it. Anyway, when you get to the top of their driveway, it curves to the left which is where their house is. Now all this happened so fast that I really don't know what/how it happened. We get there, I put my car in park but leave the car on b/c we were not staying. Gannon was screaming b/c his bottle was empty. I popped the trunk so my mom could get her stuff out, opened the back door behind the driver's seat (which is where Gannon's carseat is) and I get his bottle, I told my mom I would get her bag and I was going to run in the house to refill Gannon's bottle. She was standing by the side of the car and was going to stay their until I did what I had to do b/c we were leaving. Gabe was still in his booster seat. I was at the trunk and I saw that Gabe got out of his seat and I yelled at him and told him to sit down. He did not listen and crawled up front. Then my mom started screaming that the car was moving. It started going backwards and I did NOT think. Why did I think that I could stop a moving car? I honestly cannot tell you exactly what happened or what I was thinking. My bike rack is on the back of the car so I grabbed it, and I was hanging onto it but the car started going faster. I was screaming b/c I had no idea what was going to happen to my kids. All of a sudden I hit a tree, fell to the ground and the back tire ran my leg over. I felt no pain at all and I got up and ran to the car which had stopped. Like I said, my parents live in the woods so a tree stopped the car. Thank God my kids were fine. Gannon was still in his carseat, even though the door was open and Gabe was fine. All I keep thinking about is what if Gannon would have fell out of the car - he would have gotten run over. What if the car would've went down the huge driveway. They would've been killed. Today I am in so much pain. I didn't go to the hospital so I may make a doctor's appointment tomorrow. My right side of my body is so swollen and cut up, my knee is busted open and my leg is rubbed raw. I had to throw away my shorts b/c they got holes in them. And I have to go to that Heart Walk today. My car is drivable. The back bumped is torn off and the back door is dented and the paint is scraped off. So, there goes me trying to get back into working out.

I will NEVER, EVER leave my keys in the car again and will always make sure my car is in park.

Dana, that must have been such the scariest experience. I'm so glad that your kids are okay. You really should go to the hospital or doctor's office, you never know if you had a small fracture or internal bleeding. You are such a great mom, trying to stop a moving car for your children. Once again, that sounds like such a scary experience and I'm so glad that everyone is okay.

Dana, OMG!!!!!!!!

Diane's right, you should go to the hospital and get yourself checked up. Oh my gosh, that must have been so completely frightening!! I can't believe the tire went over your leg. OH GAWD!! (It's funny how you felt no pain with that, and yet in the paragraph before that you say how Lowmax makes you dizzy LOL.) Man, your brain must have been going a mile a minute. Thank goodness that you, your children and your mother are all fine.

Be sure to be extra kind to yourself for a couple weeks, okay, Dana?

That also must have been rather traumatic for your mom. Is she all right?

Oh, and my cruddy sleep thing is something I'm very unfortunately used to. What with my work, oftentimes I'll have to be working in the middle of the night - when I was on my business trip this weekend, I had to do my thang at 2am, which brought me to my hotel around 3:30am, and by that time I was over my sleep peak. Then I ended up sleeping at dawn and waking late, then sleeping on the plane...you get the picture.

It's 12:32am here now and I'm not feeling sleepy yet. x( (I tried, but got up.)

Can I have another lullaby, Michele? :)

*GASP*!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}} Dana, get thyself to the hospital now! You could have injuries that you're unaware of. Holy crap! I'm so glad you and the kids are alright. Oh yea, your poor mom must've been having a heart attack watching that whole thing play out. It is funny though, that, like August said, you find Lomax hard to do yet you can jump up and run to stop a moving car that just ran over your leg. You are SUPERWOMAN!! I'm not sure you should do the AHA walk today unless you have clearance from a doctor.

August, I slept pretty well last night so you should be in good shape. I'll have to think of another lullabye. The Brahm's lullabye seemed to keep you awake and trying to figure out how to make the lyrics fit the music, but I promise you that those are the original lyrics. Anyway, I'm afraid that another attempt at a lullabye might drive you crazy again--lol!

I have to go, girlies. DH and I will be out most of teh day but I'll see youse tomorrow.

Dana--no doc, no walk, and that's an order from the nurse!

I'm back, and currently working in the office. Yuck. I hate coming to the office on the weekends. Yesterday I did Muscle Endurance and supposted to do KPC today but haven't yet. I'm planning on doing it when I get home before dinner. I decided to go back to Cathe for right now because I need to wear a bikini in a few weeks and I think I will get better results this way. Hopefully I will stick to it.

I still can't believe what you went through Dana. Get to a doctor! Lots of pivots make me dizzy too. I workout on carpet, so I usually don't do a ton of pivots anyway when they are optional because I could hurt myself!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Sorry but I am sitting here with my mouth on the floor wanting to hop on a plane right now and get to you Dana. Please go to the hospital.
My mind is at a loss of what to say, just seriously thanking God you are ok and the boys are ok. It's that superhuman Mommy strength, there is no bigger fear for when you think your babies are in trouble, you just become a superhuman. I can't think of anything else. I just am seriously hoping you are ok. Please keep us updated when you can.

Ok back to school work. BBin a bit

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.