I Hate Cardio - Oct. 16th

dianet

Cathlete
Hi Ladies -

I guess I am back to real life now, waking up early to go to work. I actually woke up early enough to work out this morning, so planning on starting my 5FF routine over again today. I have probably gained a few pounds from vacation, but decided not to weigh myself so that I don't get depressed. Once I start eating normally and working out again, I know it will come off after a few weeks.

Yesterday was DH and my first anniversary :) It was fun. We went to dinner and then exchanged presents and ate our wedding cake. He got me tickets to West Side Story (1st anniv is paper) and I got him a bunch of books (couldn't think of any more creative paper things).

Anyway, I'm off to go work out and will check in later.

Good morning Diane and Kate (I just saw Kate's post from yesterday),

Diane, It's great to have you back and good luck with your 5FF plan. I'm restarting today as well. I've only done my 5FF workouts about twice in teh past 2 weeks because I've been so friggin busy. --Happy Anniversary! Wow--tickets to West Side Story! I've always loved that musical. By the way, I think books make a great gift. My DH adores books and is always thrilled to receive them. Did you have the picnic?

Kate, I'm so happy to see you back again! You know, I was kind of worried because you haven't been around at all and then I remembered something about you having computer problems. So how's your new computer working out? Do you love it? --Now that you have a new HRM there's NO EXCUSE for you to overdo it on cardio, young lady!! Remember where you live--Cardiohateville--lol!

August, Janjan, Dana, Ellen--wake up sleepy heads.

I have a fair amount going on between now and Wednesday when my DH leaves for Italy so don't be surprised if I don't check in more than once a day. I have to leave in a bit to run some errands for him and then I'm starting back on my 5FF regimen--no IFS, ANDS, or BUTTS...er...BUTS. Oh hey, I ordered another pair of shoes from Zappos and they should come today. I hope they fit AND feel good. Here's a picture:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/products/ap/NMX008P_ap.jpg

Yes, Believe it or not I am here!!!
I am in Nashville for a tradeshow and girls let me tell you the flight was no bueno (not good) last night. Major bumpy the WHOLE flight. I did not get in until 11 PM last night and I am sooooo tired. Had to get up early only to find out that I don't work the show until 1:30 PM.........thought I had to be there at 7......grrrrrr........gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............

It was a mess last night, but I was happy my friend was with me. He just let our company to go to another company and he is in training all week (just happens to be in Nashville), a little ironic!
Made the flight ok. Nice guy.

So all right...
Michele, I like the shoes. I think I forgot what cardio is?? It has been tooo long for me. I run out of hours in the day I swear.

Diane-glad to hear vacation was good!
Kate- glad you have your internet back!
Dana-Hello!
August-back on the Activia stuff....ummmmm....well we can talk about that one off line via email. Lets just say it works quite well.

Well, I am off to get dressed and get on with my day.

I hope everyone is well!

Janjan

Michele - I like the shoes. Wedges are very "in" right now. Hopefully these workout for you.

Jana - It is so yucky in Houston right now so you are not missing much here in Tejas. Will you be traveling a lot with your new job?

About once a month. This month is different, I have to go to Colorado at the end of this month and then I think Nevada in November. I need to hit Denver before the snow!!!

I left in the yucky rain last night, that is why the flight was soooo bad!!!

I agree the wedges are in right now. I like the shoes!

Hi ladies -

I found out this morning that my direct supervisor's wife has Acute lymphoblastic leukemia. They found out over the weekend and luckily were able to start her treatment today at MD Anderson. She is the sweetest, cutest lady and has 3 beautiful young children ages 2-7. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.

Hi Ladies -

I have been really bad on this 5FF eating plan today, and it was supposed to be the day I start over and do really well. I forgot my fruit at home because I was running late, my secretary made me a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies (my biggest weakness) which are SOOOOO yummy you wouldn't believe it (I already ate 4 }( ), and I didn't really have a salad option today so had a turkey sandwich with baked chips. Anyawy, I need to get back on track. At least I know dinner tonight will be healthy and I did a 5FF work out this morning.

Diane--I'm LMAO at you! You look kind of lonely in here all by yourself.

I like the Anne Klein boots. I'd give anything if I could just wear any old pair of shoes or boots, but my feet are so bad that I MUST have comfort. The shoes I ordered were here when I got home and I'm so depressed because they don't fit. I ordered 2 pairs and neither of them fit. Also, the reviewer said they have excellent arch support and they don't have ANY arch support:-(. It's back to the drawing board for me.

Don't feel bad about your eating--I had a personal pizza for lunch:eek: . I got it with onions and roasted red peppers and pulled the cheese off so hopefully it wasn't that bad.

Janjan, I would hate it if I had to travel that much. Will it get better for you? My DH travels quite a bit and it really tires him out.

Where's August? Where's Kate? I'm pretty sure I know where Dana is, and Ellen usually checks in later. I need to run back out to teh grocery store. I'll try to BBL.

ETA that I will most definitely keep your friend in my prayers. MD Anderson is a great place for cancer treatment. My DH has collaborated with people there before and has the utmost respect for them. We also have a relative in Oklahoma who is being treated by doctors there for his colon cancer. She really couldn't be at a better place.;)

Oh, life without the internet is not life at all. What did I ever do without it? Gosh, that doesn't sound so good, does it. Oh well, who cares?

I messed up my HR monitor. Now it reads the percentage that I am working at rather than my heart rate and old dodo doesn't know how to figure it out. And I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to get it back to the beginning.

No working out for me today. I took today off. I worked out five hours more last week than I usually do (10 to 12). I was beat beat beat. I did it because my back was out the week before and I had just taken a recovery week and felt bad about another. What a fool I am. I am just going to put myself back where I was previous to the back pain. Stupid. Stupid, Stupid.

I love the shoes Michelle. I don't have many pairs of shoes cuz I hate to shop but last year I bought five pair. My favorite sight is www.bornshoes.com

anyway, time to walk the dog!

kate

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.