I Hate Cardio - Nov 4

August

Cathlete
Hello there,

Well, I made a bit of a cardio faux pas this morning. I woke up feeling the lovely joys of womanhood, so I wanted to do something light and wouldn't take much effort on the body or the brain. And wouldn't luck be with me - my TLT rotation called for "light cardio." Perfect!

I decided to do Gin Miller's Simply Step since it's fairly slow-paced and steady, and even a robot monkey could do this one half asleep (which is why I like this one so much LOL).

I started to do it and during the warm-up I started to feel a little tuckered out. A quarter of the way into the workout, I was thinking, man, this workout is way harder than I remember. Halfway through I was thinking about stopping. 45 minutes in and almost finished and I was determined to get myself through the dang thing even though I was just about to DIE. Then it occurred to me.

I usually do this workout on just the step without any of the risers, but I was using all my risers! DOH! :eek:

What a psychological relief! LOL.

Anyway, thank goodness it's finished.

By the way, I'm bummed I'm not sore even one stitch from yesterday's Strength of Movement. Gotta get those SPRI balls.

Michele - I'm proud of you for your honesty. I mean, who in their right mind would realize that Pumpkin Spice Glazed Donuts were still available and NOT eat another? If you DIDN'T go back for another, well, I just don't know what I would have thought LOL. How many people do you think thought it was their last chance to have that donut and went back for their "last" ones on the 31st? Smart shop. :)

Now what's all this crazy talk about doing a Cathe rotation?!

Oh, hey, I came across something called Crunch : Candlelight Yoga (taught by the same instructor who does my Basic Yoga for Dummies : Sara Ivanhoe) that people said is relaxing and more like a stretch yoga than an all-out yoga workout. I read the reviews at Collage and at Videofitness and the reviews are all pretty good. Course, if you wait a bit more, I'll be able to tell you what I think of the yoga ones I get!

Diane - Urgh, are you feeling better?

Now what's all this crazy talk about doing a Cathe rotation?!

Ellen - So do you ever do anything special with your nuts? (Okay, okay, get your minds outta the gutter.)

Okay, back to the work room! (place whipping noise here)

Morning August and all to follow.

So August, since you are in the music biz you should appreciate this. I heard on the radio the other day that Guns~N~Roses is on tour with MY LOVE Sebastian Bach from Skid Row and Papa Roach. I was like OMG I need to go. So I go on Ticketmaster and the closest show to me is in East Rutherford NJ and it is tomorrow night. For the heck of it I search for tickets and the general ones (which were $52) are sold out and the only ones left were $102. I am not paying $102 for concert tickets. So I decided to do a search for just Sebastian Bach and low and behold, he is playing solo next Sunday night in Allentown (which is about 1.5 hours from me) and the tickets are only $13. Yeah baby, I am so there! LOL My best friend and I are hopefully going to go. My DH actually told me that he would watch the kids which is something that he has NEVER, EVER done. Although my DH for some reason thinks he has to make an a$$ out of me telling me that I think I need to live out a teenage fantasy by going to this show. Well, yeah, I guess that I do. I'm so excited so I hope that I get to go.

What, who is doing a Cathe rotation? Michel & Diane????? What is up with that? Are you doing the November one? I checked it out and I cannot do those workouts at this point. Man did I get out of shape since the summer. How and why I let this happen I will never know.

Michele - I bet those pumpkin donuts will be available until at least Thanksgiving, eh? You should find another route so you don't have to go past the place. Or at the least, walk to get your donuts so you'll burn some calories.

I was reading over the posts the other day, I think it was on Halloween, and man you guys were wound up or maybe loosely wrapped???? I didn't get to post of course b/c my monster went under the desk and turned off the power. So did Diane & Michele sign their contracts? I had to laught at that. You all are nuts. Think someone must have put something into the Halloween candy you injested. Lunatics.

I can't believe that today is Saturday which means, drum roll please . . . my cleaning day. HORROR!!!

Diane - are you still doing the FlyLady thang????

Did you ladies see Char-Char's new avatar???? All I can say is I HATE her. I can say that word in this place right??? It is the HATE thread so the word can be used freely here???? Seriosly though, she loooks absolutely gorgeous. I wish that I had her dedication and motivation. Wonder if she would come up to PA and whip my butt into shape????

Well off to start the dreaded cleaning. Have a great day ladies!

HI DANA!

It's great to "see" you! And what awesome news about the concert!! Geez, with the extra moolah, you should buy a T-shirt if he's selling them. Then get him to sign the T-shirt! He'd be so happy to do that, trust me! Make sure to tell him you came an hour and a half out to see him! (But um, you don't need to tell him how much money you saved, LOL)

And how wonderful about your DH. What a sweetie to offer to watch the kids (I know, it should be an even split to watch the kids anyway, after all you both hold jobs on top of parenting,...but still, I'm glad he had a positive reaction to your going to the concert!). What's the teenage fantasy?! Sounds like an adult's fantasy to me! Have a GREAT time!

I know, Michele and Diane had been taking a little break from regular workouts, and now they've gone completely NUTS. I sure the heck am not doing the November Rotation. Actually, I don't have any of those new workouts so even if I was also nuts, I couldn't do it. I was witness to the contract Diane drew up for herself and Michele, though I can't say that I saw the actual signing. But they seem pretty down and dirty about it. It's kind of scary, really. LOL.

Anyway, I'll bet once you start up again on your workouts, you'll be up to your strength in no time.

Geez, now there's an idea I didn't think of - do cardio as a walk to the donut shop. I would SO do that!!

On that, have a great clean up and talk to you later! :*

Wa..wa..walk to the donut place?:eek:

Do you really think they'll have my donut until Thanksgiving?:eek: :9 :7;(

August, you nut you! Your workout faux pas is one I would NEVER make. Extra risers!?!?!? NEVER! Actually, I can't use the risers because my left hip would have a fit over it. I'm old, though, so the platform alone is plenty taxing for me. I've come to realize that you're in much better shape, cardioally speaking, than you led us to believe--LMAO! As for the yoga, I'm definitely waiting for your reviews before I buy anything;)

Dana!! Yes, you missed out on the lunacy this week. We missed you and it's always such a treat when you check in with us. Good job scoring those tickets! By all means get the T-shirt and have him sign it. I'm telling you, your DH is doing everything right here lately so you're gonna to have to think of a way to reward him }( . Planks come to mind:eek: :7 .

Yes, I signed the contract. WHAT WAS I THINKING? Oh well, I live by the old adage- "whatever doesn't kill you can only make you stronger". I have a sneaking suspicion Cathe's November rotation is going to kill me :eek: ;(

Girlies, I don't have any time left in my play bank this week. DH is home today:) and we have lots of things we want to do. I'll check back with y'all tomorrow. Have a great day and a fun weekend:* :*

I just ate a little bowl of mixed raw nuts and seeds. You know, it actually wasn't bad. I think I might be getting used to it. I ate it with half a Japanese pear so maybe that was why it wasn't as boring.

You are NOT old, Michele. You're NUTS, but you're not old. :D

You know, I've never done an entire hour of step on the step with risers (two each side) before. I think the only thing that really got me through it was that I was so having horrible cramps that I thought THAT was the problem, so I ignored my dilemma! I should do that more often and then I'd really get an awesome cardio session each time.

All right, have fun with DH and see you later!

:*

Hi Ladies -

I am at work right now reviewing documents (boring!). I got my Cathe DVDS yesterday!!! They are so pretty. But I haven't gotten a chance to preview them or do them. I got home at almost midnight last night because we were went to a show (West Side Story). It was so much fun! The main character, Tony, was SOOO amazing. I could listen to him sing all day.

And this morning I had to go straight to work. HOpefully I will be done this afternoon and then I will start my rotation! I don't think I will have time to preview, so I will just do it.

So today is ... Body Max 2. GULP! I can barely workout for 30 minutes, much less over an hour and a half. This should be interesting. I will do what I can, take a lot of breaks, and hopefully get through most of it.

Dana! So good to see you on the board. You missed a fun week of donuts, yoga and contracts. It is funny that you asked about flylady. I have been sooooo bad about it lately and my house is a disater. I got really bad at the "picking up after yourself" thing, which was the beginning of major trouble. But it the house is only about 1 hour away from being totally clean if DH and i do it together, so we had already talked this morning about doing a major cleaning together when I get back from work.

I got my DVD's yesterday. I did the entire Butts and Guts today. I loved it. Froze only in one spot so I am keeping it. What a great workout. I was tired. I still have to jog walk the dog so there is more for me. Nothing in moderation. I am a fool.

Tired today. I just cannot seem to get a good nights sleep, but I am happy for the Guns and Roses. Very cool.

Kids needing me. Will be back later.

I bought a new computer, it is so fast. I am in love with it!

I still haven't left work yet, so it is doubtful I will get much of a workout in today...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.