I Hate Cardio - Nov 22

August

Cathlete
I had an :eek: moment yesterday morning - I posted a short thing in the yoga thread and then realized that I was going to be totally late to do my workout and leave in time. Yesterday was Endurance of Movement and I even had to cut it 15 minutes short in order to be with only a moment to spare to get out the door. Sorry the timing was bad with my neck LOL, my neck is almost all better, I just had to be out :) . Haha, spasms. No, thankfully, no spasms. Good gawd, if I were in bed with spasms, the FIRST thing I'd be doing is begging you guys to play with me on the forum. :p

Today is supposed to be light cardio, but I'm thinking Christi is so calling my name! So I'm gonna shake my booty to...oh gosh, should I do Still Jumping for the first time...or Cardio Collectibles...

Jeanette - I can't wait until you start your P90X rotation. I can't wait to hear what you think of it, and I can't wait to hear about your results with it. My bank account is riding on it :) . I've been doing pretty well avoiding the P90X threads, but now that a member of my immediate hate family is going to do it...Oh gawd, Bologna, LOL. What a weird thing.

Diane - Yeah! Good to hear that it's just about finished, and that your boss took notice of how much work you put in. I'll keep my fingers for an entire off Wednesday day, but even going home early sounds awesome. Good work!.....Thanks, my neck is doing a lot better. It didn't get worse, thankfully. Hope you'll be able to get your own kinks out. Maybe some good pecan pie will do the trick......I just read your latest post about having to work two more weeks on the big project. Urgh urgh urgh. Hang in there. And like Michele said, come hang out and get some stress out with us. And we want to hear more about the kitties and shopping. :)

Dana - I wasn't standing on my head, but it was kind of close LOL. Rodney Yee was doing this thing called The Wheel. I'd tried it once before in a different DVD, but without my sticky mat...this time I was on my sticky mat, so I thought I'd give it a try. You have both feet on the ground pushing away, and you've also got both hands on the floor pushing away - and your stomach is pushing towards the ceiling. I was SHOCKED and PYSCHED to find that I could do it on a sticky mat. I was like, "oof, oof, oof, OMG!! I'm...I'M DOING A WHEEL!" and I got all gleeful. But then Rodney did it three times in a row. I think that last one may have done me in (the one where I said to Rodney, "Dang, how many freakin times I gotta do The Wheel, man?").....Roller skating! I haven't been roller skating in ages, either. Wow, I used to go all the time. Stretch out before you go! Especially your ankles! Feel better, too. Cruddy TOM..............Yes, of course tea is HUGE here! There are all sorts of green teas, some brown ones...anyway, I'll be more than happy to send you some. I'll PM you right now.

Michele - Uh oh, no leftovers allowed?! Eli is not gonna like that! LOL. That's great that NN cooks up the turkey and stuffing. He must really enjoy seeing everyone eating what he made. Ahhhh, I can see how the anal thing could be...bothersome. Wish I could send you some sweet potatoes, but I can't even catch the stupid truck for myself LOL. Ooh, your homemade garlic mashed potatoes sound so yummy. Oh, and your "homemade" pumpkin pie, too, hehehe. I've never had walnut pie before but it sounds killer. I love love love pecan pie. Walnut pie sounds like it would be the soft version of pecan pie......I've heard the new Cathes are on the long side. No mind. Eli will be happy with the news....As a child you would walk home from school for lunch? Wow! How cool!...........Wait wait wait wait wait! You dare talk about orgasmic magical goopy goo and not tell us more details?!

Okay, back to sipping tea and digesting. :D Sorry to make you guys worry about me and my neck yesterday! You're so sweet :* .

I just finished my first run-through of Christi's Still Jumping!

Wooooo!

I totally couldn't get ANY of the arm movements in, and a lot of the foot action I wasn't able to get yet, but it was a lot of fun and the hour zipped on by. I love Christi. :7

One personally very, very cool thing - at the end during her stretch, a couple of her background exercisers show a stretch doing the splits. On a whim I tried it out and to my utter amazement, I was ALMOST able to do it! Almost able to do the SPLITS! :eek: :eek: :eek: I was so excited.

And now I'm obsessed to be able to do the splits. Sooooo, am I like, gonna end up throwing my hips out trying to do it }( ? Maybe I'll post on the open forum to see if anyone has taught themselves to do the splits. :*

Hi,
Just finally got on to read the forums, though I did have time to post in KK's November thread. I had a really crappy morning. I've been really working out regularly and watching what I eat, but I have such a problem with water retention. My poor DH was off work yesterday and bless his heart, made a corned beef and cabbage with carrots, potatoes, etc. When I got home, I really didn't want to disappoint him so I ate some, not much but a bowlful. When I got on the scales this morning, I was up 4 pounds. 4 pounds! And I know it's water weight because I was drinking and drinking yesterday and wasn't really having to go to the bathroom much. My eyes were all puffy this morning, could barely get my hand around my wrist. It just put me in a bad mood, plus, it's the highest weight I've been at since I lost 30 pounds right before we married 27 years ago. So frustrating to devote this time but not get leaner. Just not a good morning. I did a Christi Solid Gold Cardio (parts of it, the ham hopper gets to me) for about 30 minutes and then did a couple of ab workouts of Cathe's from the new ones. I'm thinking that I'm doing too much cardio too, so skipped my Cardio Coach workout this afternoon and did a Pyramid Upper premix, that felt really good!

Today, I drank tons of water and I feel the puffiness is leaving. Does anyone have any tips to not have such drastic reactions to any kind of sodium? Just drives me nuts!!

Okay, I'm better now. Thanks for letting me vent.

August, glad your neck is feeling better. Watch those wheels! Scares me to think of doing something that aggressive. I'm kind of the slow stretching kind of yoga girl. Hope you enjoy your Christi tomorrow. Yep, I'm anxious to start P90X (when I get it), but thought I should start doing some more upper body weight work as this circuit rotation is pretty light for me.

Michelle, hope you get the car thing straightened out. I hate being without my car and I hate it when mechanics just can't fix the problem right the first time. You crack me up when you talk about Nervous Nelly. My Dad and DH are entirely the other way, whatever goes, goes. The older I get, the more I'm becoming like my folks so I'd better not complain about them. My mom is a perfectionist, but only on herself, never, ever expecting it of others. She's such a sweet, sweet soul. She started doing Fly Lady early this year and it really helped her immensely. She would just panic at the thought of the holidays and events because they would not be perfect. Now she is soooooo much more relaxed about everything. I really do attribute it to her Fly Lady work.

Dana, how was the roller skating? Please don't get hurt.

Diana, sorry you won't be free from that project for a while, but just check in whenever you can, okay?

I've got to get a move on. I spent a bunch of time on our bike club's newsletter. I volunteered to take it over and will have to put out an issue a month. It's kind of fun right now, but we'll see. It helps when others turn in articles for you, then I don't have to be too creative.

Got to get to bed, talk with you guys tomorrow.

Jeanette (the puffy one)

Howdy!!!

I am ROTFLMAO!!! The splits!!! You go girl!!! I used to be able to do them, but I'd probably tear something if I tried to do them now:eek:. --I'm so glad your neck is better. I was really worried about you. --I've been kind of thinking about P90X, too, but I'm afraid to buy it from BB.

I'll post my barley risotto recipe later on. I'm in a bit of a rush this morning. I have to get to the grocery store and shop for NN, then I have to deliver said groceries to NN. I'll BBL this afternoon for a chat.

Jeanette, I have problems with sodium, too. I don't use much salt and when I do eat something really salty I puff up like a balloon. My only advice is to keep doing what you're doing--lower your sodium intake and drink up. I don't use regular table salt anymore, either--I've switched to kosher or sea salt for both cooking and at the table. I like it because you don't need as much to flavor your food. I don't use it in a shaker, either. I pinch up a little bit and sprinkle it on my food which gives you greater control over the amount you're using. When you use a shaker you're probably dispensing more salt than you realize. HTH:)

OH! I have to run. I'll BB.

Good morning to the rest of youse!!:* :*

Hi everyone. I think my life may be slowing down enough to make it possible for me to check back in here. I missed the fun and games you guys have. I still love cardio, but I also love this check-in, so I'll lie.

I've been managing to fit in a workout here and there, but now that the baby is home, I'm planning on doing Cathe's November rotation. I'm going to be working 3-11 shift for the next 3 weeks, so I can watch the baby while DD goes to school. I'm hoping to have time in the morning to workout. Greyor will just have to sit in his chair and watch. I won't start the rotation until Monday, so today will probably be a cardio day (I hate cardio). I'm thinking maybe one of Seasun's workouts.

August, Diane, Dana, Michele, Jeanette and any otheres, I'm looking forward to being around you haters a lot more.

I'm not home enough this week to hang out and enjoy the forum as usual! I'm looking forward to when I'm working at home for a spell so I can hang out more leisurely!

Jeanette - How sweet of DH to make you such a lovely meal! I've actually been having my own little fun battle with bloat, so I'm not going to be able to give you much good information........although I must tell you that I've had some luck with yoga...it could be fluke, but the twisting and breathing seems to be helping out my digestion, and therefore my usual bloat seems to be less. However, this has more to do with digestion than salt, so...Perhaps a head stand? No, no, don't do that. I hate bloat. It's so awful. But anyway, you could try some of your yoga that has some twists on nights where it seems like something might hit, and see if you can wring the stuff out of your system faster }( .........Yes, I did enjoy my Christi and I can't wait to actually be able to do the steps correctly, which make it all the more fun LOL!....Wow, Fly Lady talk! We used to talk about Fly Lady a lot on this thread. How cool that it helped your mother so much.

Michele - I am so going to be able to do the splits and put my arms in the air by the end of this year (unless I throw my hip out LOL). I'm so close, but I have to hold myself up with my hands. I'm determined! It's my new pushups challenge LOL. Anyway, hope you had a productive day!

Robin - Robin! Oh, it's sooooo great to have you back here! We missed you, you Cardio-lovin-but-lying-about-it Hater! :* :* :* :* :* :* That's great to hear that you've been finding time to get in a workout here and there, and how nice to finally be able to have Greyer home........Oh, you're going to be doing the November Rotation? There used to be two others here (who will remain nameless out of respect :D Michele and Diane) who were doing that rotation. So we're looking forward to hearing what great results it gives you! You'll be such a good influence on the baby doing your workouts in front of him! How cute.

All right, I'd better go to bed. Tomorrow's another all-day outer for me. Oh, and the evening is Thanksgiving!

Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful that I have such wonderful friends here to keep me excited about my workouts and personal challenges. Thanks everyone. :)

Hi ladies,
Just now getting online, it was my birthday today and my kids came over to visit. It was really nice. Also went over after work and helped my mom download some pictures of their Azores trip from her camera to her computer.

Today's workout (seems like so long ago) was Turbo Jam Cardio Party 1. It was fun and not too hard. I'm just letting my body rest a little. This circuit rotation has been tough. I'm also really drinking my water like a wild woman and feeling better and less puffy today.

Hi Robin, glad you are going to be able to do these circuit workouts. They are fun and I've seen very good cardio endurance results in the 3 weeks I've been doing them. I'm sure the baby will be entertained by the football drill in Drill Max, I sure was. Actually, I love that drill.

August, you go girl, with your bad self doing the splits. I'm about as flexible as a stick, with really tight hamstrings. I can't even have my leg be straight when I raise it in the air, it's always bent. All the more reason for me to start doing more yoga, huh? Well P90X has a day of yoga a week, I think. That will be a must do I hear. I haven't been having digestion problems (gas) lately, just the salt thing. Karen Kay from the KK thread suggested parsley too. I'm going to do a little more research on that.

Hope everyone has a very happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. Did I tell you guys that I'm really looking forward to my yam casserole. It's my preshusssss!!! Have a bike ride on tap for tomorrow morning, but it's pouring outside now so something had better change for that to happen.

Jeanette

:* :* :* HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEANETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :* :* :*

Enjoy your casserole and have some extra for me!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.