I Hate Cardio - Nov 20

August

Cathlete
Well, go figure! FitPrime Metaboost did me good for a day when my neck is in a funk!

I had a good workout. My neck feels a tad greased up in thanks. But I'll take it easy, just in case. (Like, no Wheels today LOL.)

Jeanette - How great that even others can tell a difference in your endurance! That must feel great. How fun that you have that group.

I think my lunchbox was a Peanuts one. And a memory about lunches that I have is one where some boy in my class pulled out from his lunchbox a potato chip white bread sandwich. That's all it was. Two pieces of Wonder smooshing down potato chips. I must have been only 10 or so, if that, and yet I remember it clearly to this day. :)

Oh yeah, I totally know what you mean about the pain traveling. What is with that?! And where does it go when its finished?

Did your girls find some more nice rocks on your romantic excursion out with DH?

All right, have a good one and chat with you later!

Good morning,
August, hope your neck is better today. My weak point for sure, neck and upper shoulders. I'll be starting P90X in December and will have to watch my weight work. Don't want to get injured. Got to say that this circuit rotation is good for endurance and don't think it'll hurt me for when I start P90X, but I miss the lifting for sure.

Potato chip sandwhich. Wonder if his mom made it for him. I remember eating a lot of bologna, liverwurst, P&Jam. Bologna, yuk! The greasy film in your mouth, that and cold hot dogs.

Our girls were definitely digging and running a lot out in the woods. They were soooo tired when we got back. They had a ball though! No rocks were brought back to show mom and dad, too busy I guess.

Hi to everyone,

Jeanette

Hi Everyone -

I am back in the world of the living! I finished the briefs this morning (worked really late all weekend and still had to come in really early this morning to finish). But I am done with my drafts and they are being editted by others at this point. My boss said he looked over my briefs and that it was obvious I put a lot of work into them. I will just have to incorporate edits, but it shouldn't take long and my boss said the goal is to finish on Tuesday so that we can take off Wednesday (or at least go home early). I am so excited! I will have a real break and can get back into working out!

Anyway, sorry I have been bad at keeping up with everyone, but I will be checking in more now and hopefully will have some workouts to report soon.

August - So sorry your neck is hurting. Mine has been hurting lately too, but not because of workouts! I think because I carry stress in my upper back and neck and it is getting to tight - I really need a massage.

Hey ladies.

August - so sorry to hear that you hurt your neck. What were you standing on your head or something??? J/K, it was that crazy circus type yoga you are doing.

Not much going on here. TOM arrived and I feel like total crap. My back aches, I"m freezing, I'm sick in the stomach, I"m tired - the whole 9 yards. If I could get back in bed I would.

Guess where I am going on Wednesday? Roller skating. Now I haven't skated in YEARS so I'll probably fall and bruise something. Gabe has been beggging to go (his daycare went every Wed during the summer). I took off work on Wed so we are going out for Chinese for lunch and then skating.

Hi Jeanette and Diane! Where is everyone at today?

I'm here! I'm here!

It's been a C~R~A~Z~Y morning. I had to drop off my car for service so I was up and out of here early. I needed to get a rental and for some strange reason it took forever to get that car--I think they were changing the oil or something--and I didn't get home until after 10:00.

Hard to believe, I know, but I almost forgot that Thanksgiving is this week:eek: ;( . After I got home I set about making phone calls (in between posting) to order things like, oh, TURKEY--lol! I ordered some dinner rolls, too. We're spending Thanksgiving day with DH's parents. I do the shopping but DH's dad (AKA Nervous Nelly) cooks the turkey and stuffing. I'm making the potatoes and salad and buy...er...baking the pumpkin pie }( .

NN is really very sweet and a great cook but OMG, would somebody PLEASE give him a pill?--lol! He's kind of persnickety and he gets really upset if there's any leftovers:eek:. Isn't that odd? I wanted to bring a vegetable and he is adamant that I NOT do that. He feels a salad is plenty. I would love sweet potatoes and he put his foot down to that. He feels mashed potatoes are enough and he actually suggested Yoder's prepackaged, processed potatoes:eek:. I'm going to make my own recipe for garlic mashed, for crying out loud--lol!

My DH loves walnut pie but NN only wants a pumpkin and he would be totally mad if we brought one of each, or if we substituted a walnut for his preferred pumpkin. I'll tell you what, he and my mom would NOT get along--LMAO! My mom used to bake like 5 pies and a ginger bread. We always had a vegetable or 2 AND a salad, and both sweet potatoes and regular mashed potatoes. I WANT MY MOMMY!! LMAO

Workout--did somebody say workout? I know for sure I'm doing an HIIT on the elliptical today. I need to do something with weights but I haven't figured out what yet. One of Cathe's, for sure. Jeanette, I'm dropping out of the November check in. I'm going to follow along to the best of my ability, but Cathe's new stuff is too hard for me--too much impact--and I need to modify so much that it's frustrating me. And they're too long. Even the premixes are long. I might do premixes of her GS workouts and stick with my elliptical for cardio. I'll throw in some of Cathe's beginner step DVD's for good measure. I know--I'm a wimp, but I need to keep working out at my own level.

Jeanette and August, I'm so envious. I never had a lunch box :eek: . We lived close to my elementary school and I walked home at lunch time.

Jeanette, I loved your romantic weekend adventure:+. I love dachshunds and I used to have 2 standard long haired wieners.

August, is your neck feeling any better?

Dana, I'm going to email you shortly so be on the lookout for it. I have a question for you.

Diane, I'm glad you're caught up on your work.

Kate, Jana, Ellen--where are you? We miss you:-( :*

ETA Mmmmmmmmmm..potato chip sandwich:9

Hi Dana!!

I just sent it a few minutes ago...did you get it?

I'm ROTFLMAO at you on roller skates.

OMG!! Don't break anything--LMAO!!:p :7

Hi all!

August, hope the neck is loosening up and twinging less and less. No fun.

Diane, great job on your project. Looks like it's drawing to an end and well done too. Soon you will be able to pull out a workout and I'm hoping that you really enjoy it too.

Dana, have a good time roller skating on Wednesday. It's like riding a bike, right? You never forget? Don't you go falling and hurt yourself too. Chinese food I love, but I swell up like a balloon the next day.

Michelle, your description of NN cracks me up! My family is more like yours, different salads, tons of different desserts and yes, sweet potatoes AND mashed potatoes. I volunteered AGAIN to make the yam casserole and I'm soooo excited to make it. The recipe I make reminds me of Gerber baby cereal (rice was my favorite). It just feels sooo good in my stomach. Can you tell I've been fantasizing about this side dish for a long time. I usually skip a lot of the main stuff like turkey, dressing, potatoes, gravy and go right for the yam casserole and then on to the desserts. I might have some fruit salad or a vegetable too, but I'm awful and love the desserts. Anyway, why does your FIL not want any leftovers? I'd sure be tempted to bring a pecan pie too. Funny how set in our ways we can get. I know I am about some things, but when I sit down and think about how silly some of them are, it helps and I relax. Re: the Cathe rotation, it is a tough one. Lots and lots and lots of cardio. I'm doing an easy Christi tomorrow instead of KPC. I want to use my mind instead of my body tomorrow. I do have a Cardio Coach on tap for after work on my bike. Those are tough, tough, tough, but I feel soooo accomplished when I get done.

Michelle, our trip to the woods was nice. During the summer and nice weather, we try to take the girls out once a week to "air out". They love it and so do DH and I. We live right on the edge of desert and forests, very near to both so it's an easy drive to get out and about.

Must go now, hi to everyone.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.