I Hate Cardio - Nov 12

August

Cathlete
Now, why do I get the feeling that I'll be the only one posting here today? LOL

Michele - I hope you were able to get the things that needed to get done done before your trip. Again, I hope it's a peaceful one. If I do leave my apartment, it will definitely be to chase that stupid sweet potato truck.

Jeanette - Oh yes! yes! thank you for listing that breakfast. I've got a really nice fantasy going on now. Okay, tell me, what's the difference between French Toast and French Toast Casserole? Man, I have not had French Toast in I don't know how long!

Anyway how wonderful that you can have big family get-togethers like that. How very cool. (Had to read the breakfast list again LOL. Wow. Yum.)

Oh, Jeaneete, you want to know something weird? I've been having bloating stomach problems, and they have gotten WAY better having started yoga. Unless you're saying that you're bloated because you ate a ton LOL. In which case, yeah, digesting first is probably a good idea before twisting it out :) . Hope you have a good yoga or bike ride!

As for me, my rotation called for KPC/L&G premix. It had been AGES since I did kickboxing (because I kind of sort of burned myself out of it - back in the day when that was the one and only cardio I could stomach - a.k.a. Pre-Christi and Step ;) ). I was so happy to find that I really enjoyed doing it! Jab! Punch! Kick! Yeah! I was surprised how short the L&G was on it, though.

All right, back to work I go. I did do Joy of Yoga last night, and plan to do Fat Burning Yoga this evening....if I can't get my Kest to play.

Have a great Sunday!

Hi August!!

I CAN'T sleep!!!;(

I think we need to get ourselves invited to Jeanette's annual family breakfast. I LOVE breakfast!! It's my favorite meal of the day.

Jeanette, it's all your fault I can't sleep. I can't stop thinking about your breakfast--lol!

I think I know what French Toast Casserole is. I think that's when you actually prepare it the night before, let the bread absorb the custard mixture overnight, and then bake it in the morning. Jeanette, please, oh please post that recipe.

I suck at kick boxing. I'm sure I'm the most uncoordinated person posting on the Cathe forums--lol!

I did a B&G premix today. OMG!! It was a killer workout. I thought Cathe would NEVER stop lunging:eek: ;( . I hopped on Eli for about 15 min afterwards and I'm hoping that will help ease the DOMS. The thought occurred to me that if I do go to bed I may not be able to get up in the morning--LMAO!

I better try to get some sleep. I have to get up soooo early;(

Love and hugs to ALL my cardio hatin' pals:* :*

ACK! Michele! I was totally surprised to find you had come by!

Oh no! You can't sleep? Is it from thinking about French Toast Casserole? :7

I want in on that breakfast, too.

> Jeanette, it's all your fault I can't sleep. I can't stop thinking about your breakfast--lol!

Hahaha! I'm responding while reading your post and just read that. I guess it IS the yummy breakfast thoughts that are keeping you from slumberland!

Jeanette's fault! Jeanette's fault! :p

Breakfast is my favorite meal, too. Because I always have a sweet breakfast. I can't imagine having eggs. OMG. I'm just reading your description of French Toast Casserole. Oh man. Ooooooh man.

Hey, I never said I'm good at kickboxing LOL. Or maybe I did mention once that my back kick looks like something an uncoordinated donkey might do.

You hopped on Eli to ease DOMS? Excuse me? Is Eli supposed to ease DOMS? Since when does Eli ease DOMS? You are so into your workouts, you don't even know what you're talkin about any more. LMAO.

All right. NOW I'm getting back to work.

Sleeeeep....sleeeeeeeeeeep....sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep..........(that's to you, Michele, not to my subliminal mind :) )

Good morning,

I think I'll get in a yoga before my bike ride. I'm feeling just a little stiffness from Drill Max yesterday and B&G the day before. August, yes, the bloating was from being way too full. I really have to get a handle on my eating. However, we're having our Thanksgiving potluck at work on Wednesday. Another eating fest. Usually at these potlucks, I don't go too crazy with the main dishes, but really, really like the sweets. I read on the signup list that someone is making sweet potato casserole. Guess it would be bad form to give that person the recipe for my beloved sweet potato casserole, wouldn't it?

Michelle, I had DOMS from B&G for 4 or 5 days when I did it the first time. I did it day before yesterday and I know I'm not feeling it nearly as much, which is good because I was sore. My inner thighs were really talking to me when I'd do my walks at work. I really do like this workout as it works me better for my glutes than any of the others. Love the firewalkers too. Wanted to tell you that I hope you have a good, safe trip with your DH. We'll miss hearing from you.

Okay, here's the recipe for the French Toast Casserole. My sister made it and only brought one pan of it. For the praline topping, she said she only used 1 stick of butter and it was fine. Next time, she's making 2 pans. We had syrup out on the counter, but you really don't even need it. Of course, we had around 23 people here so it didn't make it all the way thru the line. I actually cut in line and snagged some and then settled back to help others, restock, etc.

BAKED FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE WITH MAPLE SYRUP

Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 8 hours
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings

1 loaf French bread (13 to 16 ounces)
8 large eggs
2 cups half-and-half
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Dash salt
Praline Topping, recipe follows
Maple syrup

Slice French bread into 20 slices, 1-inch each. (Use any extra bread for garlic toast or bread crumbs). Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9 by 13-inch flat baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat with a rotary beater or whisk until blended but not too bubbly. Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture. Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.

The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Spread Praline Topping evenly over the bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden. Serve with maple syrup.

Praline Topping:
1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well. Makes enough for Baked French Toast Casserole.

This serves 6-8

Must go and get in a yoga.

Jeanette

Hey Haters!

Just did Imax 2 today and ran a mile plus coremax 2 and now onto working out arms. I was really hating Imax 2 towards the end and Cathe still smiling away irritated me, but it's all good. Still had some energy and was hot so ran out the door in the rain. Well, I first had to change my bikini top and put on a shirt really quickly so the neighbors can keep their tongues in their mouth. lol.
I might get in some yoga tomorrow. I hope someone will make dinner tonight. I won't feel like it.

Charlotte~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.