I Hate Cardio - Nov 11

August

Cathlete
AGHGHAAAHAAA!

They're here! They're here! My Bryan Kest Power Yoga, Total Yoga 4-Pack, and Crunch Fat Burning Yoga & The Joy of Yoga are here! And they came this morning while I was doing Cardio & Weights LOL. Talk about timing!

The write ups on the jewel cases are all in Japanese, and the sound has both English and Japanese available. Not that I'll be doing them in Japanese ;) , but at least I can share with my friends :D .

Anyway, I did Cardio & Weights for the first time. You know, I thought I'd done this before, but actually, I hadn't. And I really liked it! And not just because I was on a high from my yoga DVDs having arrived LOL. Somehow this one felt a lot easier for me to follow in the step sections (dare I say it felt a bit dancier?!) and the weights, well, Cathe weights. How could you go wrong?

Over in the yoga thread, we were talking about songs we hate, and one from Cardio & Weights was mentioned : somethingorother Buttercup. I totally cracked up when I heard it. No wonder it got mentioned as a "songs I hate." To add insult to injury, some of the Cathe crew were shouting my EVER FAVORITE "Uh ohhh!" during it. Thank goodness I was laughing too hard at the dorky song to feel irritated by the "Uh ohhh!"s. :)

All right, have a great one and chat with you later!

Hi,

August, so glad you got some new yoga. Now you have more yoga DVD's than I have. Wow, that didn't take long. Seriously, I know you will enjoy them. I find Bryan Kest's Power Yoga to be tough. I think it's the 2nd one in the series. Seems like he fatigues your leg pretty well, then has you balance and do an airplane on that leg. Talk about shaking...

Oh yeah, August. I was at Safeway tonite and they had yams so I picked up a few. Why don't they provide paper bags to put them in instead of the plastic bags that the yam immediately pokes a hole in and falls on the ground? Happens everytime to me. I forgot to look for the things you talked about yesterday (the low calorie, hi-fiber wonder noodle thingie).

No cardio for me today. I did Butts and Guts, without the Guts as I did stability ball abs from B&G yesterday. I have Drill Max on tap tomorrow.

Went to a concert in Reno, NV last night, Alison Kraus & Union Station. They were awesome! We had seats that were about 10' from the stage and pretty much in the middle. Her first song almost had me crying, I was so happy to hear her. I also love her song "Forget About It".

Michelle, know you will get a workout in tomorrow, even though it's your rest day. You do have a contract, don't you? Actually, I never read the thread about the contract. Can you pull it up? Oh yeah, congrats on your 22 years. Way to go!! Marriage is not easy for sure, but well worth it. I've been married for 27 years now to a wonderful man, stubborn about some stuff, but "gold" in his heart.

Anyways, I'll post back on Drill Max tomorrow. I'm a little scared...

Jeanette

Hiya, Jeanette, too funny about the yams on their great escape. I was able to snag two sweet potatoes, not from Mr. Sweet Potato Man and his truck, but from a roasted chestnut vendor (of course I also bought some roasted chestnuts, how couldn't I?). The sweet potatoes were good, but not like when they're done over those hot rocks.

Anyway, glad you had such a great time at your concert. You sound like the kind of person a performer would love to have sitting in the middle near the stage. You know, it's very easy to see people in the audience unless there's a spot on you. If you were moved and teary, I'll bet she noticed, which probably inspired her to have an even better performance.

Speaking of tears LOL, I popped in all my DVDs to check them out. Of course these ones are set to the Japan region, so I had to put them into my DVD player (and not my laptop like I usually do with American region DVDs). Well, the Bryan Kest one won't play :eek: (I've had some strange trouble before with this pllayer, so it could be that the particular DVD just doesn't "like" my player). So I guess I won't be fatiguing any part of my legs tonight. As for my Total Yoga 4-Pack one, it will play, but I cannot for the life of me find the switch to turn it to English!!! LMAO! Where the heck is it?! Drivin me nuts! Luckily the Crunch one works like a charm and the English button is in clear site.

So after I do a little more work, I'm going to whip out my yoga mat and Crunch! Woo hoo!

Today's workout was Drill Max Upper Body Premix (60 minutes). I liked the football drills in it, especially the ones around the step. I think I need to do this workout when I'm a little bit more awake as it didn't really grab me, but I was glad to be thru it.

August, that's funny about the DVD's being in Japanese. Recently, I was tinkering with my little mp3 player and got it set to Chinese. I couldn't get it off of there for the longest time, but finally enlisted the help of an electronics tech and he reset it for me, whew! I think they need an SOS button on some of these little gadgets. Yeah, I probably just need to hand them to a kid, they'll get it figured. I hope you get to do one of your new yoga workouts today.

Michelle, way to go on the BM2 premix. I think I did that same one earlier this week. I got a little confused on which side to be on, but I just keep moving and eventually I get it right once in a while. I don't sweat that stuff, though.

Have to get ready for our "unclean" Annual Family Breakfast. Should be good and fun too.

Jeanette

Good morning, August and Jeanette, and all who come later!!

August--you got your DVD's!! I can't wait for a full report. Oh, that's too bad about the one that won't work in your player. Can you return it? It's so cool that they have both English and Japanese! You should try it in Japanese. Invite one of your Japanese friends over to do it with you and provide the translation--lol!

OOOOH, roasted chestnuts:9. YUM, roasted sweet potatoes:9 . I had a baked sweet potato yesterday and it was delicious but not as good as the oven roasted recipe.

I'm glad you liked Cardio and Weights. I've only done it once and the choreography tripped me up a little but not too much. I HATE that buttercup song--Build me, buttercup baby, just to let me down--ICK! ICK! ICK! I don't remember the "Uh ohhh!" so I'm now I'm going to have to dig it out and preview it (No, I'm NOT doing it--just previewing, thank you very much--lol!).

Jeanette, I LOVE Allison Krause and Union Station. I would give anything for tickets to one of her concerts. She hasn't done a show around here in a very long time.

Hey, I've been very, very good about my contract:)! After I finish B&G today, I will have completed my first week of the 5 week rotation and I didn't miss a beat :D ! I think Diane is the one who needs disciplinary action}( :p :7

Jeanette, I'm cracking up over your sweet potato debacle. That does seem pretty silly that they would put it in a plastic bag. Go prepared the next time! Put a paper bag in your car today so you'll have it the next time you stop for a potato;) .

I definitely want to hear about the family breakfast. I LOVE breakfast!! How fun to have an annual family breakfast!

I won't be back on the boards again until sometime Tuesday. I'm leaving first thing in the morning for a funeral and I won't be back until Tuesday afternoon. DH and I have a lot going on today, too. I have to drop my kitty off for boarding this afternoon and I'll probably cry over it. I always do:-( . He's such a snuggler. He loves to curl up on my lap and he does not appreciate being caged like an animal--lol!

OK girls, I have to check out for now. If I get everything accomplished that I need to, I might pop back in later today. :* :* :* in the meantime.

Hey there!

I'm in bed. With my computer. ;-)

Oh yeah, two newbies doing yoga while one is figuring out how to translate it, and the other not being able to figure out what the other is translating. Haha. That would work about as well as when I translated the entire movie "Blairwitch Project" to my Japanese friend while we were watching it. Talk about taking the scare out of a movie. Sheesh, talk about taking the good out of a movie LOL.

I'll try the Bryan at my workplace and see what happens there. If it's no good, then I'm sure I can get it replaced. The problem is is that I want to do it NOW :7 . I've got deadlines this week that I need to work at home for, so I won't even be going outside for the next handful of days. In fact, I probably won't go outside my apartment building until you come back to town, Michele. No lie. I wish I could babysit your kitty.

You sure have been great about your workout rotation! Humongo cheers for you!

Where's Diane, anyway? }( Where's contract-writin Diane?! :+

OMG, how could I not mention Jeanette's family breakfast? And how can you not list all the yummy things you'll be eating? I want to know a.s.a.p. so I can get a headstart on the fantasy! :9

I wish I could lay in bed with my computer.

I wish you could babysit my kitty. The staff at my vets office love my kitty so I know they'll take good care of him. they usually let him roam around during office hours, but he'll be caged all day tomorrow:-( .

I think Diane is hiding. She knows she's been bad and she doesn't want to face the music--LMAO!!

Good luck on your deadlines!! I hope you get out at least long enough to flag down the sweet potato man:7

OK, I'm really going now. I've got things I MUST do. :* :*

Hi,
It's 2:00 p.m. here and I'm still full.
August, here's the menu today at our 3rd Annual Family Breakfast. Think we had 25 family members (including my parents):

French Toast Casserole
Ham and egg quiche
Sausage/egg breakfast casserole
Fresh Fruit platter (kiwi, strawberries, melons, bananas, pineapples)
Bacon
Sausage
Coffee Cake
Juices
Champagne
Coffee

Think I covered everything. It was a huge success again, who doesn't like to eat. We also decided this year to draw individual names for Christmas, instead of picking a family. That was fun too.

Michelle, I'm very impressed with how you've been doing on this rotation. I'll say it's not an easy one, but doing premixes helps me a lot. Thank goodness we have lots of options there. I was reading about the squat thrusts in Drill Max that are so tough. I didn't do those today as my premix didn't call for them. Someday I'm sure I'll get a rude awakening on how tough some of these really are. I might not even recognize the workout! LOL.

I too LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Alison Kraus & US. She is very funny onstage. It's amazing that she has been with some of the band members for over 15 years. Jerry Douglas on the dobro is phenomenal. He's like the best in the world on that thing. And pureness of pitch, I've never heard Alison off pitch even a tad. Sometimes on awards shows, some of the groups or singers just don't sound quite on, maybe cuz they can't hear right or who knows, but I've never heard her off even a little. I love her song "Forget About It". We have had tickets for a long, long time. Actually, her concert was in March and was postponed due to her being sick. Seems like we've had tickets for over a year now. They were well worth waiting for!!! Another group I really like is Diamond Rio. Love their harmonies too.

I'm off to get a bag to keep in my car for sweet potatoes. Every time I drop a potato thru the plastic and it hits the ground, I grumble and look around for a purple (why purple, I don't know) bag with handles on it. Seems like they used to have these available in the produce areas. Michelle, thanks for the tip. Also, know the funeral will be sad for you, but it usually is nice to see people you haven't seen for a while. Know your kitty will miss you too. Speaking of kitties, my DS and his girlfriend have a Himalayan. What a beautiful cat! Her eyes remind me of an owl. They are huge!! She made me laugh when I saw her. Maybe I'll get a picture some day and post.

August, hope you got the Bryan yoga to work. Did you get a yoga in today? I need to go check the yoga checkin. I have a bike ride tomorrow morning, but may get a yoga in beforehand. The thought of yoga right now on a bloated stomach is not high on my list. I notice you haven't spoken of the sweet potato man. Is that like a watched pot kind of thing? I think you are probably in stealth mode. Translating Blair Witch, wow, you're good! I've never seen that one, I'm a big scaredy cat when it comes to scarey movies. Heck, Dark Shadows back in the 60's scared me good. Came on every afternoon at 3:30 p.m. All the neighbor kids would stop playing and come to our house to watch 30 minutes of pure fright.

Must go,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.