I HATE Cardio - Dec 6

August

Cathlete
Hello all!

I just finished TLT BBBB. What a title LOL.

Now I'm freezing my butt off from my frozen smoothie.

Kate - LMAO on the down shorts quip.

Jeanette - Ooh, that barley breakfast combo with cottage cheese sounds really nice! LMAO about your mother looking like she's wired for explosives!!

Robin - I have one Powerstrike but for some odd reason it didn't click with me. I can't see how that could be since everyone seems to adore that series and I got it at the peak of my kickboxing phase.

Deb - Glad to hear your positive reaction to your spicy smoothie LOL. I tried putting in more spinach greens in my smoothie today to see how far I could go. I put in about 2 cups, I think (150grams). It was still yummy, but oddly enough, the greens zeroed the taste of the bananas and berries! So it was like eating a smoothie with a stuffed up nose - just a hint of taste. Next time maybe I'll try less water since the leaves have so much in them. Are you going to try another leaf?

Oh, oh, Michele should be able to tell you what to do with your barley since she's an awesome cook (not that I've eaten her cooking, but by the sounds of it, she rocks). For the most part, you can substitute it for both rice and oatmeal!

Diane - Good for you on your workout. I love it when my calves get DOMS. I hear you about the freezing part. It's getting harder and harder to get out of my toasty fluffy home-wear and into my damp HRM.

Hi to you other Haters!

Hi August and all to follow. As I've said before, I don't hate cardio. But I do hate this shift at work. I'm working 3-11pm for the next week and a half so my DD can finish up her semester at college. It is wrecking havoc with my diet. I eat well all day, then 9pm rolls around and I am bored and tired, a deadly combination as far as eating is concerned. I've been raiding the candy machines at work, then scarfing down anything I can find when I get home at night. Help! I can't figure out how to get past this witching hour. I take healthy snacks to work, but as soon as they are gone, all bets are off. Any suggestions? At least I'm getting my workouts done as planned. Today is something from CTX. Thanks for listening.

Hi everybody!!

I missed you yesterday. I had an appt first thing in the morning for a haircut/color, then I had to take DH to pick up his car (YAY!!!), then I had to run a bunch of errands. I tried to log on to the forums in the afternoon but couldn't access them for some reason. I could get to Cathe's home page but not the forums. Did anyone else have this problem? I tried off and on for about 2 or 3 hours. I haven't looked at yesterday's posts so I don't know what y'all've (I love double contractions--lol!) been up to.

August, are you enjoying your rotation? One of these days I'm going to pull out my TLT workouts again. --What kind of blender to you have? With all this talk of smoothies I've been fixated on buying a new blender. I've read several reviews but haven't zeroed in on one yet. I need one that can handle ice cubes. The one I have now doesn't crush ice very well and you end up with big chunks of ice in your drinks. I HATE that. It looks like there isn't a good blender that does it all so you kind of have to pick and choose which tasks are the most important to you.

Robin, I will pray that this next week and a half goes by real fast. I don't know WHAT to tell you to do to avoid that 9 PM attack. You could go back to the "drop and give me 20" thing. Do you have a uniform that's a little too tight? Sometimes when I want to clean up my eating I'll wear slacks or jeans that are a little snug and avoid sweats or anything with an elastic waistband. I think it's really hard to avoid snacking at work when it's so easy to put money in the vending machine. That's it!! Don't take any money to work with you. Leave a little cash in your car in case of an emergency but don't take it into the hospital with you.

Kate, you crack me up as usual! Are you doing cardio today? I have to. I haven't done anything for 3 days now :eek:

Diane, Dana, Jana, Deb, Jeanette--how are you lovely ladies today?

I'm going to take off here and do something fun today like peruse some antique shops or something. I've been a little down lately. I don't know why but this happens to me sometimes around Christmas. I think it might have something to do with my orphan status. Anyway, I'll be fine, I just haven't been, well, perky. So, I've decided to be proactive here and make myself be engaged in activities that I normally love. DH and I might go to a Jim Brickman concert this weekend. He doing a Christmas show which should be good. DH and I saw the Nativity Story over the weekend. It was really good and we both loved it. I wept through the whole thing. This movie is very well done and seems pretty accurate with meticulous attention to detail, right down to the clothing. I give it 5 dumbbells.

You girlies have a good day and I'll BBL:* :*

Robin, I've been thinking about your 9 PM attack of the munchies. How about if you take a small thermos to work with a cup of hot cocoa. You could make it with skim milk and splenda or heck, I make mine with 2 tsp of sugar--there's very few calories in that. I find it a very satisfying and low calorie treat. Another thing I do is drink a cup of hot tea with a packet of stevia plus. Stevia is a natural, calorie free sweetener that also contains fiber. It does kind of help to stave off a desire for sweets. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Thanks for the suggestions, Micele. I think I'll try the hot cocoa. I had a cup of coffee the other night abd tossed and turned until 3am. No more coffee after 6! may take some decaf to work too. I'm going to have to stop on the way home for a bathroom break!

You know Michele, I would have thought after all these years of getting my hair colored, my hair would have gotten the hint and stayed that color. I feel cheated. Pay so much and it all gets cut off anyway!

I did Butts and Guts today. What a great workout. I could never get into the TLT and I bought and traded them three times. I have two right now. I so wanted to love them!!!

I am late as I have been in the past few days. Everyone have a great day!

Hi ladies. I had typed a lengthy reply during my lunch and then my computer did something goofy and it was gone. Oh I hate computers.

So I started the December rotation and I am sore. My calves are killing me. I can barely walk - I look ridiculous. I've been adding in walking too in addition to the rotation. Today I didn't get to walk b/c I had that wonderful woman's yearlyl appointment during my lunch. I may have to use today as my rest day b/c I've got to leave in about 1/2 hour to take Gabe to CCD and then I"m going to Wal-Mart to try and finish up his Christmas shopping. We won't get home until about 8:00 so I don't know if I"ll be feeling up to doing GS SBB at that time.

Michele - how was the shopping? Did you get anything? I'm assuming that you have your car back? How is that?

Robin - thanks for the wine suggestions. I've got to go back to that thread and write them down b/c I've already forgotten what they were. I looked at your PT and Greyor is so cute. I can't believe how much hair he has. Gannon still doesn't have that much hair. How is he doing? Did you get your pj's? I don't know what to tell you about your new schedule and the eating. Only a week and a half to go, you can do it!

Deb - oh yuck!!! That smoothie sounds disgusting. Don't listen to August, she is a mad woman! :p If you haven't noticed yet she doesn't have all her marbles!! LOL Thanks for the wine suggestions too! Like I just said to Robin, I've got to go back and write them down. As for the Barley, I just cook it according to the package directions and usually eat it like that in 1/2 cup servings. The only time that I do anything to it is if I eat it like a hot breakfast cereal then I add cinnamon and splenda. Another easy thing to do with it is to make a quick soup. Take a can of chicken broth, add some seasonings (salt, pepper, fresh parsley, whatever), about 4 oz cooked chicken breast, 1/2 c. cooked barley and some veggies. Makes 1 serving. No clue about the nutritional value on that though.

Jeanette - no way do I want to bike in the winter. Too cold for that. I don't know what kind of bike my co-worker has but she said that you clip your shoes to the pedals???? I'd definitely crash, for sure!

Kate - I still haven't done B&G yet. Cathe is using the Pre-Mixes in the December rotation so I'll get a taste of it. Do you think it is harder then GS Legs? How is your DD feeling?

August - are you doing a TLT rotation for December? Do you create these yourself or do you find them somewhere? I"m sorry but you're smoothie sounds, um, how do I put it nicely????? GROSS!!! I guess that I would have to try it but when you say mustard spinach mixed with bananas and berries, it just doesn't seem right. Sorry! What is the weirdest combination that you ever ate? I remember when I was in HS and I had frozen pizza rolls (you know those horrible, greasy things that look like miniature pillows) and a bowl of sugar coated cereal (I still remember it was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cereal) - I can't believe that I ate those, yet alone at the same time. Now that is gross, eh?

I better get going. Gotta give Gannon his bath before we leave.

Hi to Jana and Diane and anyone else that I may have forgotten.

Later taters!

Dana, pizza rolls and sugar coated cereal?!!? Yuck! And you think a few mustard leaves in a smoothie is wierd. I'm with you on the biking in winter. When I was a runner I stopped when the temp hit freezing. I was so glad when steps were invented and I could work out all year long. I got my pjs yesterday and slept much better last night. I can't believe how expensive the danged things were! Good luck with the shopping and I know there is no way I'd be working out after a day like yours!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.