I Hate Cardio, 10/6

Miss Lee

Cathlete
It's very late (or early depending on your position on the globe) so I'm only gonna stay a minute. Here's some great cold remedies for all of us sickies from WebMD:

http://www.webmd.com/content/pages/5/4068_105.htm

My MIL is supposed to be discharged from the hospital today and I'm making--you guessed it--a pot of homemade chicken soup for her dinner tonight.

August, I hope you're feeling good enough to sing. Check out the lemonade recipe on that link;)

Okay, I'm off to bed. I may not be around much the next 3 or 4 days because I'll be spending a lot of time at the in-laws. I'll pop in when I can.

Diane, just in case I miss you, I hope yo have a fantastic time on your vacation and be sure to take lots of pictures!

Good night everybody:* :*

I am here, but I still don't feel good. Uhhhh.....I need chicken soup right now and about 10 more hours of sleep.

I am still not working out too. My back is still a little sore. Not fair that I work out all them time and my body doesn't heal itself the way the it used to. Oh well.
Our tv is out again due to the terrible cable service we have. Ever since we changed to this cable service, it has been one problem after another and it takes days for them to fix the problem. We signed a contract with them for one year and as of Feb 6th next year, we are going back to our earlier provider. NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. they don't even give a credit for any missed service. My tv, and my internet are so unpredictble. AHhh

I need to make lunches now. Tv is getting fixed tomorrow. They came out last week to fix it and it worked for a few days. I suppose they will fix it again and next week the internet will be out. AHHHHH

Have a good day,you all. Hope that cold is better

Kate

Hi ladies -

Well, Sydney is back home with a big Elizabethan collar around her neck and is not happy about it. Sadie and Syd are hissing at each other now (they did this the last time they came home from the vet) and it is pretty bad. We are guessing it is because Syd has the collar on and Sadie is either scared of her or thinks she can take advantage of the situation and gain control since Syd has more limited mobility. Either way, I hope they are friends again when the collar comes off.

In other news, DH and I had a long talk last night about baby stuff and decided that we are going to hold off trying to conceive a few months. In the past few weeks, I have been thinking about whether I want to continue working or not after having kids. I KNOW that I don't want to be in a law firm, but I might like working in house at a company. The hours are much much better, less stress, more predictable, and good companies are matching associate salaries and bonuses. I wouldn't have the same earning potential as I would staying at a law firm, but I would still be making a very significant salary and the lifestyle is 100 times better. The quality of life for our family would be double if I continued to work, since DH and I make the same salary.

However, great in house opportunities won't become available to me until I am in my 4th year (I'm starting my 3rd year now). So, if we wait 6 months, have a baby, and then I start looking for a job when I get back from 3 months paid maternity leave (so that is at least 18 months from now), then I will be well into my 4th year and will have lots of opportunities most likely. And I won't likely have to be at the law firm for longer than a few months with the baby while looking for a job. I have seen several ladies do this, one girl even got a new job while she was on maternity leave (didn't make the firm happy, but worked well for her). If I don't like working at the in house position after a few months of trying it out, then I still have the option of staying home after that point. But I should at least give it a shot and see if I like it. If I stayed home and tried to go in house after a few years off, I would have much more limited opportunities.

So anyway, I feel good about the decision. I have been getting more and more anxious about my career opportunities getting limited by staying home, and more and more happy when I get praise at work. It is probably just because work is going well for me now after this big win in that case I am working on and vacation is around the corner, but it made me realize that I like that kind of stuff.

Anyway, so looks like I may be a working girl after all. DH is excited about it because it gives him a lot more freedom in his job too. He doesn't have to worry as much about getting some really high paying job since we have both salaries.

Oh I wanted to add that I got my mary jane shoes in the mail yesterday and I LOVE them. The are pretty comfy (for 3 inch heels at least). I am wearing them today at work and they are so cute.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.