Hip-hoppin' Easter weekend for CLEAN EATERS

Looking forward to an awesome weekend w/ the fam!:D:D:D

Last night Mike & I hid a ton of eggs all around the house for the girls to find - filled w/ whopper eggs, jelly beans, and pb eggs. Can't wait to see the girls hunt for them! And I realized while packing their buckets I bought entirely too much - clothes, bike horns, coloring stuff, jibbitz. Ah well - they'll be so excited. It is just so much fun to buy for little girls!:D

I had a horrible dream last night - someone kidnapped Julia - and I slept just awful after that. Hopefully tonight is better!

No WO last night - took my 1st rest day in weeks. I was planning on a WO but Mike & I found out some pretty disturbing news in the Family Drama dept. We are both just sick to our stomachs about a certain issue that I can't go into. But it really sucks. So we had a long talk in bed and it felt good to have some extra time together.

Today we're going to my nephew's 5th bday party. I have to finish his cake this AM - it's Bakugan. I just made 2 - 9x13's to stack on top of eachother and frost. Going to decorate it a bit and then put a big Bakugan toy I got for him on top. I swirled the cake to have white, red, and yellow. I think it's going to turn out pretty cute!

We were soooooo close to a calorie bomb night last night . Took the girls to the local IC place. But they ran out of our fave thing we get there so we just got for the girls. They said they would make more and for us to come back later. We were going to but then the FD hit and we were both too pissed off to be apart and wouldn't have enjoyed the cheat anyway. Guess we're better of for it!

Sunday after church we're having a crowd for potluck. It's totally not Easter-ish but I'm doing Mexican. Easy to feed a crowd that way!

Well, I better close this novella and get to work.

Good Morning Girls !!

I'm getting ready to go walk..........it's 52 degrees, will be nice for the walk, but rain later and no more 80's for a while !:( Oh well, it was nice while it lasted !!!

Kate, I'm sorry about the FD you are dealing with right now. Long talks in bed are good though ! Hope you are on the same page with it !
I HATE dreams like that !!! They stay with you the next day when they are that awful and real !!! Hope you can shake it off !
Your cake sounds awesome. Brayden is way into Bakugon too! Post a pic of your cake if you get a chance!! :)

The 6 mile walk is my workout today. Hopeful CS later . Also will make a carrot cake, put together Easter baskets and fill eggs !!! :D

Becky, We loved the nice weather too! Enjoy your walk!
yes, we are on teh same page w the FD. We thankfully always are!:)
I'll get a pic up of the cake this afternoon - I have to do the final assembly at the party. Warning: I am an amateur!:eek:

The girls just did their egg hunt -so fun!

I am on door duty for our iPad that is arriving today while DH showers. Then I will do my workout. I am supposed to run but I am not into it. Maybe I will postpone until Monday and just do something else today. After the iPad arrives we are headed to my sister's to celebrate her birthday (it was yesterday). I can't wait to see my little niece.

Kate, I have not registered for the RT yet so I am not officially going - I am very superstitious. Glad the girls enjoyed the Easter egg hunt. The cake sounds great! Sorry about the FD and your awful dream.
Becky, sorry your nice weather is going away. We are going to stay warm for the next couple of days. Have fun making your carrot cake. I hope my aunt makes carrot cake for Easter. It is definitely worth the cheat.

Have a great day everyone!

morning!

off to kb class this am. another awesome weather day that i plan to thoroughly enjoy!

kate, sorry for the rough stuff, don't let it put a damper on your easter weekend with the girls. and it sounds like your dh is thoroughly in your corner on whatever it is, so thats good.

colleen, what is the ipad all about?

becky, i hrt carrot cake, no raisins please =) i also hrt long walks! enjoy!!!!

i have to do a cake for tonight also and i have been putting it off because its so freaking nice out. have to do it while JJ naps today. making a passover sponge cake (potato flour) to do strawberry shortcake.

off to kb class in a little bit. and its another awesome weather day that i plan to take advantage of!

Colleen, Ooh, an Ipad! Fun for you! Although I think that is an AWFUL name! Sound like an interactive Kotex!:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
Have fun at the party!
Good luck w/ a WO! I'm hoping to slip min in this afternoon. I think I'm going to have bday cake to burn off!

Wendy, My fellow cake maker! Souds yummy! Hope you have a good class!
LOL - you mentioned the weather 2x in almost the same way! I feel your excitement! Beautiful here too! Kinda gray but the temp is WONderful!

-
My house was spotless y'day - how does my fam pit it out so quickly?!?!?:eek::rolleyes:

kate, teehee, i must be REALLY excited about the weather =) glad the girls enjoyed the hunt!!

ended up taking a super long walk because i got to gym to find out there was no babysitting...somehow i missed that the schedule was different for easter weekend. oh well. about 3 miles done and now JJ is napping. need to get to work on that cake. bbiab

Wendy, Sorry abt the nonbabysitting but glad you got some exercise in.

Funny how ONE piece of cake can make you feel so yucky! blech. The party was fun - bday boy was happy & cute!

Off to do some groc shopping.

:eek::D:D:D:DI am still laughing at "Interactive Kotex " !!!!!!:p:D:D:D:D
Hilarious Kate !!!

Wendy, cake is done and no raisins !;)

Well, the walk didn't happen. I don't think my DD was all that into it and I know she is busy today, BUT..........I still did it, .........on my TM !! 6 mile walk , it took 86 minutes.
I used Pandora on my BB and listened to PINK radio and off I went !!!! Was fun !
Carrot cake- CHECK
baskets for boys put together- CHECK
Still need to fill eggs for tomorrow's egg hunt but right now it's time for some CS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;):):):):)

We are slow here again today. Hope everyone's having a fun Saturday !

hi guys - i miss you all. work again today, and i am tired and very behind. i still need to glaze ham, finish coloring eggs, make a quiche, do baskets. i did manage somegood workouts and clean eats minus a bit of choc. i will be back to do personals, but i just needed to checkin to put the choc down, lol! bbiab

ok, Nina, You stop eating chocolate and I'll stop eating jelly beans!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Becky, Glad you're having a good day!

-

I cant wait to get in bed with Mike and.....go to sleep!:D:p:p:eek::D:D:D:D

Great night's sleep, but BLAST that internal alarm that won't let me sleep past six! Oh well - on with the day! Been busy in the kitchen already this AM - potluck after church today - 42 are coming - it's gonna be a crowd! Thank goodness the weather will be nice! I made a pretty awesome-looking apple pie late last ngiht and I will be saving out a piece to eat in bed with Mike tonight!

Hope everyone has a great day!

why does apple pie sound so good so early in the morning?:p

kate, hope you "slept" well!

how did everyone's carrot cakes turn out?

i slept horribly but got up to enjoy 10 miles by myself. came home to my little finn waiting for me. breakfast and church and an egg hunt shortly. we are having brunch here later. i did put down the m and m's yday and am not in the mood for any cheats today! well, probably a little choc, but.... hoping to do some weights later, but we will see - hapy easter everyone!

Hi Everyone!

Just waiting for my niece to wake up for Easter. Oops she is up now. She just yelled Hello. How cute. Have a Happy Easter everyone!

HAPPY EASTER !!!!

We went to breakfast this morning and I had french toast, but off the fit menu, so it was sugar free syrup and blueberries and bananas. YUM !!!!!!!

I want to walk on the bike path later - it's going to be high 70's and sunny!!!!!!
A Beautiful Easter !

Hope everyone has a great day.

Morning & Happy Easter! C & I came home last night - we had a really nice weekend in Richmond, but eats were not so clean :-( I feel gross so that will be stopping!

This morning I did a 3 mile run at sunrise, then off to church, now home sitting in the sun. We have a family gathering this afternoon - more pregnancy announcements!

BTW, all the parents officially know not much of a reaction from chris's parents other than ("I knew!" *rolls eyes*). My mom jumped around and yelled and my dad & stepmom were thrilled also. I know the grandparents will be really really happy this afternoon!

Hey girls! I'm back. What a week - I can't even tell you how thoroughly exhausting yet absolutely wonderful it was. Venice was amazing! Such a beautiful city, Paris was fun and beautiful as usual, and it was just so fun to be with Kayleigh.

She got on her flight yesterday and I talked to her a few min ago and she doesn't seem to be affected much by jet lag. Oh, to be a teenager...

WOs were non-existent as I expected but I'm fine with it and ready to hit it hard this week. I'll be doing 4DS as is and I'm looking forward to it. Probably do a HIIT double or Insanity on the other 2 days. We'll see.

Kate, so sorry about FD! Yuck. But there's something magical about those long talks in bed. So sad about the dream too. I hate vivid dreams like that. And LMBO re: the ipad. I think you and I would get along well... :p:p

Becky, a six mile walk sounds fab! Pandora sounds even more fun.

Katie, enjoy your announcements to the rest of the fam. I'm so thrilled for you.

Nina, apple pie does sound yummy! Nice ten miler this am! :) Happy Easter to you too!

Colleen, how is the iPad? I'm anxious to hear reviews about it. You're considering RT? Anyone else?

Wendy, how was KB? I miss gym classes so much. I'm jealous of your nice weather!!

Klaudia, so sorry about the spartans! What a game! Gotta root for that underdog though. How crazy would it be if Butler beat Duke!

OK, off to have a Lost marathon with Ryan. :)

See y'all tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.