Heelllllp I am on the slide to WW failure

nsaeolian

Cathlete
Man I cannot seem to get back on track and am so disgusted with myself. Even though I know being hard on myself accomplishes nothing, I still seem to do it. I haven't done any Cathe in almost two weeks and my eating is all over the map. It's as if the word discipline has vanished from my vocabulary. I have put 5 of my Lifetime Goal pounds back on when I really want to be five pounds BELOW goal. To make things worse, because I haven't been exercising, or doing my Yoga, my neck ( which is a chronic area of pain and stiffness ) has been kinked like crazy and I have had a headache for almost two weeks!I was ashamed to go to my meeting yesterday and hear all the successful people there and I am such a failure.Why am I so frozen and unable to get out of this HELL? Why don't I just DO IT? Sighhhh. Thanks for the indulgence of my rant. I am a new ( 2 weeks ago ) 45 year old 5"1" woman by the way.

On the plus side, even though I have ANOTHER headache, my hubby and I braved a rainstorm to see the Rolling Stones in concert last night and fulfilled a long time wish! They actually came to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Woooooooo!!!!Any other Stones fans out there?

don't kick yourself. Everyone goes through yuck-o-rama phases like this.

Rub your neck -- it helps me. Rub spots yourself until you can get some tension to evaporate.

Pick one thing to focus on for this week--not the whole mess you are feeling right now. Pick one little, teeny thing you can do differently this week and commit.

Sometimes, I pick little things to get out of a funk, like I will say: "You can do it" when negative thoughts creep in. And I am always surprised how hard it is to get started.

Then build on it, speck by speck. If you can't stick with something, make it smaller & smaller and smaller, e.g. be silly about it. Say: I'll put the DVD in the player, but I won't do the workout. Or, I'll take the DVD out of the case and look at it once a day....sometimes when I get absurd, it catapults me out of a slump and then I"ll do a warm up on a tape --or make a salad instead of eat pretzls....etc.

Good luck!!!!! We are all rooting for you!!!
Barb

Barb has great advice! Also- consider joining the WW Daily Check-in.... many there are lifers that are getting back on track... the support and ideas are awesome.

Thanks both Barb and Traci. Maybe I will try to check in, not promising I can do it daily but hopefully every two days anyway. I certainly cannot keep up like this.

don't give up! Keep at it!

If you feel like checking in or seeing other people makes you feel worse, follow your gut -- and do whatever it takes to get yourself making one tiny, teeny, positive choice at a time!

-Barb

First of all you are not a failure. You not only have been successful to reach your goal in the first place, you are also successful in realizing that you want to stop with the 5 extra pounds now and get back to goal and maybe a little below goal. Many people wait too long to get back on track. You already know the basics so go back to square one. Plan your meals and snacks. Go shopping for healthy foods. Start journaling right now. You can do this, so don't beat yourself up. Just make a decision to start today.

Jean

p.s. Just wanted to let you know that you inspired me to start back on WW today. I'm one of those whose reached goal and then gained back 15 lbs. but didn't make any changes to stop it. I keep saying, I'm going to change this or that but I always say "I'll start tomorrow" and tomorrow nevers comes. So starting today, I am going to start journaling again and planning out my meals. We can do this. We've done it before. So let's get started today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.