Healthy Hedonists 1/9

nancy324

Cathlete
Okay, it's too early in the morning for me to have enjoyed anything more than some yummy Columbian coffee and old-fashioned oatmeal, but I wanted to keep this check-in going. So please post your hedonistic pleasures today! :D
Nancy

Tonight's dinner will be roasted mushroom pasta with prosciutto and a roasted tomato and spinach salad from one of my Christmas present cook books. I figure any pasta dish that costs over $30 for ingredients must fall under the category of hedonistic. I'll let you all know how it tastes.

Hi to all you fellow hedonists!!! I have nothing really decadent to report as of yet...I am getting ready to start my workout..Legs and Back from P90X...Then off to do housework..not exactly hedonisitc, but I guess healthy!

I think I'll be going to Robin's for dinner tonight..Sounds yummy!

And thanks Nancy for starting this thread today!!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Quick check-in before I head to my sister's for a shrimp and pasta bake lunch. Just got back from a 3.5 mile walk. Brrrrrrr! It's freakin cold! It was 70 on Sunday and today it must be 25 and windy to beat the band! I guess I'd better get used to it if I want to hit the slopes soon. So far, no snow here in CT., but they're promising some next week.

I received my assisted pull up bands yesterday and now I'm in pull up heaven! I guess I have no excuses not to bring on the X. I think I'll do some yoga tonight and start tomorrow. If I complete this rotation it will be a major miracle as I've never completed a rotation in my life, but I'm up for the challenge.

Hope everyone has a great day. See ya tomorrow!

I've been good so far today. Last night I did have a piece of chocolate from one of our local chocolatiers. *sighs in happiness* I plan to have another piece tonight.

Robin - can I come to your dinner, too? That sounds incredible! If it's as good as it sounds, you must post the recipe!!

I just wanted to say, that the ideas behind this check-in rock!
Who says you can't be fit and healthy and enjoy fine food?

I'd love to get in on this too! Like the rest of you, I don't have anything very indulgent to confess today but DH & I have a meeting at a local steakhouse tonight so I'll have some good food & maybe some wine then. I usually do really good with clean eating throughout the work week but once the weekend arrives, watch out! Last weekend, DH & I had Mexican food & Coronas...:9 }(

So being that this is the "Healthy" Hedonist check-in, I guess we should also post our healthy meals & workouts too? Yesterday was Boot Camp & healthy food all day (blah!) & today, I did Imax2 & I've also eaten healthy... So far...:p

I agree that Robin's dinner sounds good & wonder if she will just go ahead & set places at the table for all of us? I also want to thank Nancy for starting the thread today. Maybe we'll coax more hedonists out of hiding as we continue to post...:7

Like everyone else has said, I'm just glad to know I'm not alone! ;-)

Cheers!:+

Kel

I'm back to report that the shrimp pasta dish my sister served was susprisingly delicious. It was made by Bertoilli. I guess they have some prepared frozen pasta and meat dinners that you can buy at the grocery store. I usually make things from scratch but this would be nice to have on hand when you don't have time to cook. She just added extra shrimp to it because they never put enough meat in those things.

I'm pms'ing big time and since I don't want to go off the deep end I came home and had a Trader Joe's multigrain waffle with a little bit of natural peanut butter and a small amount of maple syrup. Yummo!

Since we're discussing our healthy meals, does anyone have any great ideas for breakfast? I'm always on the go and sometimes breakfast is the only meal where I can find the time and discipline to eat healthfully. My usual breakfast is oatmeal and an egg, but I'm getting pretty tired of that.

Hi...just back to let everyone know about my splurge at lunch today....I had one of the BEST reuben sandwiches!!!! I treat myself to one of these about once a month...and today was the day!!!!!!

Leslie...the one thing I have found works for me for breakfast is not very breakfast-like, but gets me prepared for my workouts and keeps me full for a while...I usually have a turkey sandwich with veggies of some sort (spinach, lettuce, sun dried tomatoes, etc) and a slice of cheese....this seems to get my protein, grain and veggies in first thing. I usually grill it a little so that the cheese melts a bit and it warms me up.

Happy day to the rest of the hedonists!!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Hi ladies! I just noticed that I'm enjoying some lovely ab DOMS today from my Slim 'n Lean workout last night. It's amazing that such a short ab routine can do the job. I've been enjoying this WO very much because the time committment is so easy. I also had 2 really good cardio sessions, Saturday and Sunday, so I'm feeling pretty good about myself. :D If I can get out of work at a decent hour, I'll try to squeeze in some leg work.
Nancy

ETA: Leslie, I'm no help. I never seem to get tired of oatmeal.

I don't think I'll be much help with breakfast either. I work out first thing in the morning so I just try to eat as soon afterward as I can. I love oatmeal too but lately I've been eating 1/2 c. lowfat yogurt, 1/2 c. 2% cottage cheese, a small banana, & a serving of pure acai juice (when I run out of juice, I have a low sodium V8 or another piece of fruit). What about a healthy wrap with scrambled egg & veggies in it? Or a wrap with peanut butter & apple or banana?

Today, I tried steel cut oats for the first time at lunch & they were very good. I also had small spinach & mushroom salad with balsamic vinegar, 1/2 c. 2% cottage cheese, & 1/2 c. lowfat yogurt. My afternoon snack (just now) was 1 oz. almonds & 1 oz. crunchy wasabi peas. Do you gals know if they're healthy or not? I substituted them for a fruit or veggie & they're yummy!

Leslie - That waffle with PB & syrup sounded yummy too. I'm PMSing too so there's no telling what I'll eat next (espeically since DH & I are going out)...

Debra - I love Reubens too but I don't have them very often either. I also love your quote!

Nancy - Great DOMS! The only Jari DVD I own is the original RTTC & I've never tried it. I'm still new enough to Cathe that I can't stop doing her workouts! Hope you fit in your leg work tonight too...

Tomorrow, I'll do Supersets for the first time. I just ordered it & got it last week so I did Push/Pull Wednesday & got some nice DOMS from it & I'm hoping for more from Supersets.

Good day to all the other lovely hedonists. I've never joined a check-in before so I hope I'm doing this right...

Take care everyone. Be back tomorrow!

Kel

It's probably a good thing none of you showed up for dinner. The recipe made six servings and the four of us just about licked the bowl clean. It was good, all agreed, and I will try to get a chance to post it tomarrow. The recipe could probably be punched up if you are a vegan or want it a little healthier. I'm loving this cookbook, one of Racheal Ray's. This is the 4th recipe I've tried and they've all been good.

I did manage to sqeeze in GS C & T before starting dinner. It was hard to chop the parsley with my aching arms, but I mananged.

Robin, that dinner sounds yummy delish.

Kel, I'm glad you liked the steel cut oats, but how were they with the salad for lunch?

I just had a yummy salad for dinner. Three kinds of lettuce, radicchio, grilled chicken, asparagus, scallions, carrots, peppers and mushrooms. :9

And I did Slim 'n Lean squats and lunges before dinner too!! Yay! :D

I've never joined a check-in before either, Kel, but I think you're doing great!
Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.