Healthy Hedonists 1/17

lesliew

Cathlete
Hi all!

Thought I'd start it today. Just came back from volunteering at my DD's school. It's cold out! I wanted to go for a walk but with the temp being 17 degrees I think I'll pass. It so hard to recruit neighbors into walking with me during the winter. I like the companionship though, as my MP3 player gets old after a while!

Since I'm not walking I guess I'll fit in a 30 min. cardio and some yoga. I had a couple of whole grain blueberry waffles and an egg for breakfast. I made some tuna salad for lunch, and for a snack I'll have ground turkey and veggie soup. Tacos are on the menu for tonight, but to keep mine healthier I'll have mine with soft corn tortillas and let the kids eat the hard shells. DH and I love fish tacos but I'm not going to the store today.

I'll be back later to comment on everyone's day!

Hi Leslie and all to follow. I have a recipe for seafood tacos that I haven't made in a long time. You just made me hungry for it. Maybe someday next week.

I just got done with my chicken leftover lunch. Wish I had a glass of shiraz to wash it down with. They frown on that here though. I'll have a bowl of fruit for snack later. Thank goodness for Chile. I love having blueberries, raspberries and strawberries available in the middle of winter. I'd rather pay a lot for variety then get sick and tired of apples and oranges. Dinner tonight will be chili made with some venison a friend gave us, along with a salad and corn bread. Today's workout will be Pyramid Upper Body.

Someone took a trip to Atlantic City and brought back a box of chocolate covered taffy. It's sitting in the office and I'm chewing a piece of gum, trying to stay away. I'm not crazy about taffy, but have a problem with "see food, eat it." Hope the gum works.

Hey Robin, Leslie and all who follow!

I've been good so far today. I had steel cut oats with almonds, soy milk, black raspberries and strawberries. Now I'm having a banana and some yogurt. I didn't workout this morning - didn't have the oomph - and as I've been very consistant for a while, I felt it okay to skip. I'm debating going to the gym, but I'm thinking that I'll be hedonistic today in that I won't workout. I'll be good in every other way. I'll probably have a Greek Salad for lunch - dressing on the side, with some chicken chili a bit later, and grilled salmon for dinner. DH brought home a fabulous Pinot that was left over from dinner last night, so I may have to sample that - but we'll see.

Hi girls!

Leslie, indoor cardio is an excellent choice since it's only 17 degrees. I enjoy yoga but don't do it often - maybe I should join "trying to fit yoga in" check-in too? Your supper sounds great. I love Mexican food! It's usually one of my weekend splurges!:9

Robin, I've been eating a variety of fruit this week too. I also agree about the wine but they frown on that here too. Oh well, what can we do? Just wait until we get home I guess!}( Enjoy your workout & good luck avoiding the temptation of goodies.

Christine, I'm sure you deserve a break so just enjoy it! I love a good Pinot too so I'm sure I'd have a glass (or 2) if I were you! Cheers!

We had beans & cornbread last night, one of my favorite comfort meals. I also cut up a plate of fresh veggies & limited myself to only 1 bowl. I eat jalapenos with my beans & usually drink a couple of beers but I avoided that temptation too (saving for the weekend!). Afterward, I enjoyed playing piano for awhile.

This morning, I did Muscle Endurance & I've never done the entire workout before. It was tough & I'm sure I'll enjoy DOMS later.}( For breakfast, I took advice I found here & added Naturally More peanut butter to my steel cut oats. Talk about YUM!:9 I'll definitely do that again! I ate those with a banana & had cottage cheese with fresh fruit later. I also drank some Acai juice & then had veggie soup with a pita & hummus for lunch. So far so good. Like I said, I'm trying to save all my consumable hedonism for the weekend & after this squeaky week, I'll be ready!}:)P

Well, I hope you all have a great "Hump Day"!

Be back later!

Kel

Hi ladies!

My gosh everyone is having a clean week! Way to go. Christine - you go, girl - drink that Pinot while lounging on the porch! Then you will feel all revved up to do Boot Camp tomorrow!

I find that I drink alot more when husband and I are home together... last night I had two very small martinis before he got home, then split a bottle of wine with him. Mmmm. Not too clean, eh? But I did Boot Camp, which I hope helps keep that furnace going inside me to burn it off!

Today I did PowerStrike 2 at lunch - love it. Then had a nice huge spinach salad with walnuts, red onions, a little olive oil and rice vinegar.

I'm pondering a new twist on hedonism and will update you when I think it out...

Have a great one!:7

Good afternoon to all!

Sounds like most of you are having a pretty clean week...and exercising all of those unclean calories away! I went to lunch at Panera Bread today and had the new chicken panini...it was yummy, but probably not very clean as it had bacon on it!

I am looking forward to my trip to the SC coast this weekend...I am sure to participate in lots of hedonistic activities! We are going down to Savannah to spend the night on Saturday evening..so even more raucous activities, I imagine! At least I will eat lots of seafood which should go a bit towards erasing all the bad I am sure to do. I have also packed a couple of yoga and stretch dvds to do at my friend's house...And hopefully I will get a run in a couple of mornings.

Hope you all have a great weekend...I probably won't be checking in again until Wednesday next week. I don't get back until Tuesday evening. I will think of all you lovely hedonists while swilling my wine!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Charlotte - I love Powerstrike 2, also! It's one of my favorite. I ended up going to the gym and doing an iTread 30 minute run - tough stuff as Cathe always says. But I do feel better. Now I can enjoy that pinot with no guilt!

Debra - I LOVE the Carolina coasts! I was supposed to head down to North Carolina in two weeks, but had to cancel due to my job. In fact my avatar photo was taken on Emerald Isle in NC. Have a great time!!! Enjoy your hedonistic feasts! We all need it once in a while!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.