Healthy Hedonists 1/15

HipChick

Cathlete
Hi all! Sorry I missed you over the weekend but it sounds like they were filled with indulgences of all kinds.

Debra - Sounds like you had a nice weekend!

Robin - Way to live life! How was the trip to Finger Lakes?

Charlotte - That dip sounds good, I definitely need to try it sometime.

Christine - Your football feast & drinks sounded great!

Leslie - Sounds like you had a nice weekend too!

Catherine - Glad you peeked in & hope to see you back!

Well gals, I had quite a weekend indeed. Friday night, we had supper at the Outback so I had a filet & a glass of red wine. Saturday started out with Kashi Heart to Heart cereal, construction work, & lunch at Subway. But alas, that's where the squeakiness ended because we had supper at our favorite Mexican restaurant. We hadn't been there in awhile so I couldn't resist getting my favorite, Chile Rellenos, not to mention a few Coronas. Also, since they know us there, the owner gave us one of the tamales he made for his family. It had jalapeno & cheese in it - YUM! Sunday started with a nice breakfast of lean ham, scrambled eggs, grits, & tomatoes. Then we relaxed in the hot tub for awhile before getting in the shower & heading to the grocery store. After we got home, I put a beef roast in the oven for supper, which I served with roasted potatoes & green beans. Okay, we also indulged in a few beers while watching the football games & the season premiere of 24. Oh my, talk about a weekend of decadence! Ah, but that's what this check-in is all about, right?

This morning, I did Cardio & Weights to battle all the weekend extravagance & I'm sure I will soon be enjoying DOMS as it has been awhile since I last tackled that workout in its entirety. Today, breakfast is lowfat yogurt, All Bran, Acai juice, lowfat cottage cheese, & fresh fruit. Not sure about lunch yet so I'll check back in later.

Hope to hear from all of you fit & healthy pleasure seekers today & I wish you all a fun & healthy Monday!

Take care!
Kel

Thanks, Kel!

Well, I ate the entire sweet potato dip recipe myself and an entire stock pot of popcorn on Saturday night! That was dinner. And a few cape codders. And a red bell pepper for the dip. As ETL goes, it wasn't too bad except for the drinks. And I did IMAX in the afternoon, so I was hungry! Sunday was my rest day so I didn't eat much. But my husband and I split a bottle of Adelaida Cab. YUM.

Today is brutally cold (for South Texas) so I already turned on the heater in my little gym to get it ready for DRILL MAX! No one but I will be home tonight, so I'll probably just toss a monster salad.

Hi to all...Just checking in quickly...I seem to have developed a bit of a cold...so I am going to nurse it a while...I want to get better before Thursday when I am leaving for a very hedonistic long weekend in Charleston, SC for my 40th bday....I do NOT want to feel bad this weekend!!!! Off for a nap now, but will bbl to check on you pleasure seekers!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Hey All -

Feeling good after BMax 2 Cardio and Weights. Added the combination right between shoulders and abs it as that's my favorite part. Ate way too much yesterday - everything was so good. Today is my day to be good, so I'm doing that. Although I did add a little "Irish Cream" creamer to my coffee to help me keep warm (the non-alcoholic kind of course). Ate some steel cut oats with almond slivers, protein powder and soy milk and added blueberries and blackberries. And had some cottage cheese and a banana for my mid-moring snack. Then it's a big salad and an Amy's Black Eyed Peas and veggie bowl for lunch and portabello ravioli with another salad for dinner. No wine - I drank too much yesterday as well as ate too much.

I'm typing a quick note as I'm on a really old notebook computer and the keyboard on this thing is awful. I had a nice, uneventful weekend, although I drank more wine than I should have and didn't exercise at all, but I'll be good this week. We bought a 42 inch plasma TV yesterday and DH is going to put the 27 inch TV in my workout room. I really excited because right now I use a little portable TV and I can barely see Cathe and crew.

Nice to read that everyone enjoyed their hedonistic pleasures this weekend. Yummy food and yummy drink. Before I forget to say this, Happy Soon to be 40th Birthday Debra! I remember my 40th like it was yesterday. I'm 43 now.

I haven't decided what workout to yet, some weight work but not too heavy. I pulled a back muscle on Saturday and it's still sore. P90X is going to have to wait.

Enjoy your evening ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.