Healthy Hedonists 1/12

lesliew

Cathlete
Hi everyone!

Just got back from a 4 mile walk. I had to burn off that pizza from last night. It was delicious, nice thin crust, fresh tomato and mozzarella, with lots of fresh basil. I've been good today, so far. Had two whole grain waffles with peanut butter and a couple of veggie sausages for breakfast. I had to fuel up for my walk otherwise I get the shakes. Right now I'm eating an apple and chugging my water. Today's lunch will be orange coucous with chicken. Yummo! I don't know what I'm going to make for dinner tonight but I will have a couple of glasses of Cabernet! Hope everyone is doing well. Will check back later!

Leslie

Hi Leslie & thanks for starting this today! That pizza sounds delicious & it sounds like you had a nice walk too. What kind of whole grain waffles do you eat & do you use a special kind of peanut butter? It sounds like it might be a nice change of pace for me because I've been eating the same thing every day...

Last night, yoga was lots of fun. We had never been there before & the class was very lighthearted. The teacher made jokes & there was a lot of laughter so we really enjoyed it & planning to go back next week. Afterward, we picked up salads & took them to my house where we enjoyed a couple glasses of cabernet.

This morning I did and old Firm workout & it was a nice change. For breakfast, I had All Bran & lowfat yogurt, followed by cottage cheese & low sodium V8 a couple of hours later. Lunch was a huge spinach salad with fat free balsamic dressing. We usually go out for supper on Fridays & haven't decided where but I'm sure there will be delicious food & good wine involved!

Thanks again to Leslie for starting this today. I'm still a little new here & a little shy so I guess I don't feel like I should be so bold as to start it. I also don't check in during the weekends so if I don't get a chance to check back today, I'll be here Monday.

Hi & happy weekend to all Healthy Hedonists that follow!

Take care,
Kel

Hi Leslie and Kel. A coworker brough fresh sticky buns into work that I managed to avoid until this afternoon. I just had a taste. I'm going to try another Rachael Ray recipe tonight for dinner - crab cakes with creamy, grainy mustard sauce and wilted spinach with tomatoes. We'll probably have a New York state Riesling with that. I'm planning on doing Step Blast when I get home. I may stop and get a movie to watch with DH tonight, since we have the house to ourselves. We may even open a bottle of Dr Frank's Celebre, a very nice sparlking white. Hope everyone has great hedonistically healthy plans for the weekend.

Robin - Oh my goodness, that meal & those wines sound fantastic! Please let us know how it turns out.

Hi Judy!

Wishing everyone a great weekend filled with wonderful pleasures of all kinds...

Cheers!
Kel

Hi Kel! I've never been able to find a whole grain waffle recipe that I liked enough to make again, so I have abandon my search and now buy Trader Joe's waffles. They're all natural, and despite the fact they're whole grain have a nice light fluffy texture. The veggie sausage are also TJ and pretty good. I use natural peanut butter and top them with a very small amount of pure maple syrup. BTW, feel free to start a check in if you see one not open yet. Don't be shy!:)

Robin, if the crab cakes are to your liking please post the recipe. I love crab cakes but I haven't had much success making them at home. I usually get them out.

I've been itching to do Step Blast but since my foot is acting up I've been laying off the step for a few weeks. I have a mild case of Plantar Fascitis.

Still haven't decided what I want for dinner tonight. I usually make a pizza but since I had it last night I'm not in the mood.

Gotta run before my computer shuts down on me and I lose this message. Darn computer is an oldie and has a mind of its own!

Hi, ladies! Confession: I was immoderate last night with Cape Codders and some delicious merlot... but other than that had the most awesome, high fiber and veggie day ever. I did Turbo Jam in the afternoon then sunk into a bubble bath with a drink. Ummmm. Today has been squeaky clean (little noisy after so much black bean soup and salad last night:eek: ) and I feel terrific after doing Cathe's Super Sets. I love that tape... I'm fixing salmon and veggies tonight. I'll probably skip the salmon, but load up on salad and veggies. I plan to drink some J. Lohr Chardonnay, too!:7

Hi Charlotte!

I love J.Lohr Chardonnay. I also love Clois Du Bois (I think I brutalized the name but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about!) Right now since the weather is cold I'm on a red wine kick. I've read so many articles on how good it is for you too. Red doesn't usually leave me with a headache in the morning like some whites can.

Do you like salmon? I find it a little heavy and sometimes it doesn't agree with me, but I try to eat it once in a while for the health benefits.

Glad you like Super Sets. The 30 min. upper body twice premix is very thorough and leaves your arms with a nice pump. If you haven't tried it I highly recommend it.

Have a great weekend everyone. I usually don't spend much time online on the weekends so I might not be checking in.

Dang, I couldn't find any crab meat. I guess January isn't a good time of year to get fresh lump crabmeat. Leslie, I'm with you. I haven't found a really good recipe for crab cakes yet. I guess I'll have to set this recipe aside for a couple months. Instead, we are going out to dinner. I'm not sure where yet. Maybe Thai, or maybe to a place we have a gift certificate for. In either case, wine will be involved. LOL.

Hey all!!

I have to confess - I had a glass of wine with lunch. I went to lucn with DH. We went to the Macaroni Grill and I had the skinny chicken - it was good. But I had a nice Zin with it. Just one glass but man I still feel looped! Some wine!

Our weekend plans seem to be growing. We were going to have a couple of friends over for the Pats game on Sunday. Now that number is growing and it seems to be turning into a Superbowl-like party! So I have to come up with some kind of food! I'm thinking of putting together a cold cut platter, a veggie tray, some bean and cheese dip with baked tortillas chips (I bake 'em myself) and some Chili. Any other ideas from you fabulous foodies?

Robin - our crab season in California is just starting, but the crabs are not as small or as delicious as the Maryland Blue Crabs. I miss those terribly. Enjoy your wine!

hello to all of you pleasure seekers out there!

I'm late getting around to this today...the only pleasurable thing I have done today is work out this morning...I did an upper body workout with P90X and section 3 of Core Max...The rest of the day was filled with not so great things...but I am now relaxing with my favorite lager...so surely things will start to look up!

Christine...one appetizer I really like to do is an antipasto platter..although that wouldn't go too well with the chili!!!! Maybe some quesadillas..everyone always likes those! Glad you had a nice lunch with your DH...a glass of wine at lunch always makes me feel like I'm on vacation!

Robin...Sorry your carba cakes didn't work out...but at least you get to go out to dinner now!

Leslie...Have a great weekend...You are probably enjoying a lovely cabernet as I type this..

Kel...Hope you have a great dinner tonight...and a great weekend!! And don't be shy...start this thread whenever you're first!

Charlotte...Salmon sounds great...Sounds like you're being pretty healthy!!!

Have a wonderful hedonistic weekend...I am usually around on the weekends, so I'll be swinging by!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.