Hatin' May 14th

purple_magada

Cathlete
Morning Haters!!!! How is everyone today?

Jen - I didn't log on yesterday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY a day late!!! I keep forgetting to tell you what a great gift that was that you got your mom. I bet she was so happy!!! How are you feeling today? Maybe you needed stronger antibiotics? Thank you for the kind words. Men are clueless!!!!

Corrie - oh wow, blueberry pancakes. Those are my fave! Glad to hear that you had a great Mother's Day. How is your shoulder feeling?

Michele - how was dinner with the inlaws? I got those recipes from 2 WW cookbooks I have and also the WW magazine.

August - HIYA!!!!!

Robin - how was your Mother's Day. Glad to hear that your dinner was a success. Hey, did that lady at your church bring her potluck yesterday??? I was wondering that.

Shelley - how was your day with the Poodle??? So how did Sophie act when you told her about the tickets?

Diane - I saw the cutest thing at the HallMark store. Do you collect or have you seen the Willow Tree Angels? They have one for expectant mothers. It is beautiful.

My Mother's Day was ok. Nothing special but I spent it with my boys, and isn't that the real meaning of the day? I took Gabe, Gannon and Jasmine (my friend's daughter) to Knoebel's Amusement Park. I can't go on the rides when I have Gannon so I thought that Jas would like to go so her and Gabe could go on the rides together. After that, I dropped Jas off and took the kids to the mall. Gabe needed new sneakers, soccer shoes and I got him 2 pairs of shorts. I got Gannon 2 t-shirts and I treated myself to 2 lotions at Bath and Body Works. Gabe made me a card at school and gave me 45 cents. Ha!!! My DH wasn't around but he said that he would take me to dinner or breakfast maybe next weekend. Last night I was actually able to workout. I did Push/Pull and took Gabe and the dog for a walk. It is only 1.5 miles but I have to walk at a turtle's pace. LOL

Tonight swimming lessons start. Everynight for 3 weeks straight!!!! It is beneficial which is why I sign him up.

Well, I better get going. I'm so busy!

Have a great day ladies!!! Hi to everyone!

Good morning!!

We sure had a busy weekend! My poor DH is still so wiped out, and he did something to his foot yesterday and now he can hardly walk. I feel really sorry for him.

We took my MIL out to dinner last night and had a very pleasant evening. The weather was perfect -- not too hot, not too cold, low humidity, and the sun was shining. You can't ask for a better day than that. I didn't overdo it at dinner -- I had a salad and an entree -- I didn't have an appetizer but I did indulge in dessert, but I only ate 1/2 of it. I've accepted the 7 day clean eating challenge and boy, do I ever need it!

Dana, I'm glad you had a nice day with your darling DS's, and you're right, that IS what Mother's Day is all about -- but I'm gonna kick your DH's patootie if he doesn't take you out next weekend;) :p :7 I'm glad you got a workout in, too. I did Cardio Coach Vol 3 yesterday and it's obvious I've made cardio progress because I was able to do the sprints using higher resistance.

Corrie, It's so nice to see you! We've missed you around here. I know what you mean about lurking and not having time to post. I haven't been posting near as much as I used to.

I'm so sorry about your shoulder and I hope it feels better soon. Did they ever decide what's wrong with your step dad? He's been in the hospital for awhile now, hasn't he? I'll keep him in my prayers. Good luck with your rotation. I was doing Cathe's May rotation but it's too advanced for me so I'm just going to make up my own for now.

AUGUST WAS HERE!!! Yea yea yea!!!

Jen, it sounds like you had a lovely birthday. It sounds like we shared the same weather:) . How are your sinuses feeling today? It can take a long time before you feel 100%.

Hello to the rest of you and I'll check back later to see who's around:*

Hi ladies -

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day.

Dana - Sounds like you had a good Mother's Day. Gabe sounds like such a sweetie - giving you 45 cents :)

Michele - Good for you for taking up the 7 day challenge. I would never last because I have to eat out so much.

Well, DH is at his interview right now and I am just biting my nails nervous and anxious to hear how it went. He has done extensive work for this company before and knows 2 of the 5 people that are interviewing him. We went out to lunch today and saw one of those people at lunch. It was so awkwards. She came over and said hi, but was very discrete because another associate from our firm was there. DH was so nervous she was going to mention the interview, but she didn't. Anyway, I am just sitting here freaking!

I had a good and productive weekend. We finished cleaning out Laney's nursery so that it is no longer the workout/junk room, but only has her crib and dresser and the closet has just a couple onesies hanging up in it. We bought our bedding, curtains and a rug online. And we picked out a paint color. So the nursery should be substantially complete in a week or so, depending on when we can get the painter to come out.

Hey!!

It's awfully quiet in Hatertown today. WTH is everybody?

Diane, I said a little prayer as soon as I read your post. I hope the interview goes well and please let us know what happens. I can only imagine how awkward it must've felt to have a potential new employer approach your table when you're dining with current coworkers. Obviously and thankfully she understood the need for discretion.

So what color are you painting the nursery? You'll have to post before and afters. What bedding did you get? I just love decoratory stuff:D .

I'm doing pretty well with the challenge. I did have a MINOR slip up today at the grocery store. They were sampling their pecan sticky buns and cinnamon rolls and I had a teeny tiny little bitty bite of each:9 -- then I hurried away from there as quickly as my chubby little legs could carry me:p :7 .

I need to call my Aunt Rose. She called me for my birthday and I didn't answer the phone because I didn't have time to talk. You just CANNOT get off the phone with her. She's the one that I had a FOUR hour phone call with a few weeks ago;( . I've tried to call her back twice and I missed her both times. DH will probably be home late tonight so I figure this is a good day to call. I think what I'll do is start right off by telling her I don't have much time and I've set a timer -- when it goes off I have to hang up. I really can't afford a marathon phone call today.

I'm planning to make a pork loin roast for dinner tonight. Pork is so lean and dry anymore that I'm going to make a sauce with garlic and balsamic vinegar to serve with it. I hope it turns out. I'm going to make a salad and succotash to go with it.

I'll BBL:*

Ooh, I remember this bedding! I LOVE it. I love the paint color, too. Laney's room is going to be beautiful.

You know, you're absolutely right. I had no choice but to eat those sinful few bites. They were free, so they probably didn't have any calories either:p

I'm about to do my workout. I still haven't decided exactly which cardio I want to do so I think I'll just close my eyes and pick a DVD, after all, it's not like I'm risking anything -- I hate ALL step, kick boxing, and hi/lo:eek: :7

DH got back from his interview. He thought it went well. The two or three questions he thought he did poorly on he actually did great on - he is just a perfectionist. He found out more about what the job entails and it sounds like something he would like. And they have a flexible work schedule - you can choose to either work 8-5 Monday through Friday, or 8-6 Monday through Thursday and 8-12 on Friday. Most people do the later options so that the weekends are really long. It sounds great.

And the person that currently does the job he would be doing (she is getting promoted) knows DH so she told him the real story. She is married to a partner at our firm that loves DH and she used to work for DH's current boss here so she knows how great DH is and also can tell him the real story about the company vs. what he is doing now. She kept saying things like - when you work here, and when you start, etc. as if he already had the job. DH is really excited so I hope he hears some good news soon. I think that the next step would be for them to call him back and he would meet with the General Counsel, so hopefully he gets a call like that soon.

Diane, the hours are fantastic! From what you've said it sounds pretty promising that he'll get the job. I'll be praying about it. Please keep us posted.

Are you SURE those hours are accurate? I remember my DH telling me when he chose his specialty that he'd have bankers hours. I don't know about your bank, but mine definitely is NOT open til midnightx( ;(

Those hours are pretty set. One person he interviewed said he had worked a weekend only 3 times in the last 5 years he had been there. The person that currently does the job says that you work pretty independently (don't really have to report to a bunch of people telling you to do something last minute) and that the work is steady. She said that you can come in the morning and know what you are going to work on and not get interrupted and can just get your work done.

That sounds like the perfect job for a family man. I really hope he lands the job -- it's hard for me to imagine he won't!

Okay, I have to STOP this procrastinating. I'm signing off for the night, I'm going to put my roast in the oven, and get straight to my workout. I'll BB tomorrow:* :*

Jen, I'll be looking for your post in the morning. I hope you're feeling better. What workout have you decided on for today?

Hello fellow haters! Pretty quiet around here today.

Dana- Thank you for the belated b-day wishes & I am glad you had a wonderful days with the boys, that is what mothers day is all about, your children & your mother! I still think your DH should give you more time to relax at least a couple times a month... I am going to get you to work on him & DEMAND a few hours to yourself every week or even every other to start! I know it is easier said than done though & when I'm in a relationship it always just seems easier to do it yourself than beg or constantly ask someone else to do it... you are amazing for everything you do & since most men are clueless and don't tell their women that enough, I will tell you b/c you are & I hope you know that!

Michele- Hey there, I am actually feeling a little better today...we'll see what tomorrow brings, if I start feeling bad tomorrow I'll call & make an appoitment for Wednesday. I ended up doing Firm It Up, 200 jumping jacks, & a 10 minute thigh & 10 minute butt shaper. I have been doing the Slim Series workouts Monday & Tuesday b/c they are a little less intense than Cathe & what I need after a weekend full of double workouts! I typically take Wednesday off so by Thursday I'm ready to hit it hard again, I think that is working well for me & giving my body a little break from real intense workouts, plus the Slim Series works really well for my body type. Good luck with the food challenge, I don't think I could do it, I have to have a little treat each night! I am starving right now & I think I am going to make pancakes for dinner... granted I buy the mix that is just add water so very low calorie & next to no fat & I use fat free I can't believe it's not butter and sugar free syrup that only has 15 calories per 1/4 cup... I couldn't believe it when I saw that as most have like 100-200 calories per 1/4 cup!

Diane- Sounds like your DH did great at the interview, I will say a prayer he gets the job! Love the furniture & bedding, too cute!

Okay, well since it is almost 7:30 & I haven't eaten I need to move my butt from this chair.

Hello to anyone else I missed... where is everyone? Oh & by the way in case any of you have a Jamba Juice you frequent I thought i'd pass along this info from Hungry girl... we don't have any of these around here but wow, talk about lying about the fat/calories, I just wonder how many other things are incorrect that just never get tested!

Cookie Alert!

Warning! If you're one of the thousands of people who are obsessed with those Rising Dough cookies sold at Jamba Juice (you know, the HUGE soft, delicious ones, most of which supposedly have 70 - 100 calories per serving and 140 - 200 calories for the entire cookie?!), then READ THIS CAREFULLY. Our pals over at Good Housekeeping magazine had five of the Oatmeal Cranberry Raisin ones tested, only to find that instead of having the 140 calories and next to no fat that the package claims, each one had just over 300 calories and 6 grams of fat. YIKES!!!! Although they only had one flavor tested, we are obviously VERY skeptical about the entire cookie line now, so eat these at your own risk (or don't eat them at all). This is yet another frightening example of how some companies are taking advantage of consumers. Are we the only ones who are APP ALLED by how little the FDA does to stop this sort of behavior and hold these companies accountable?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.