HATES When There Are No Haters Around, May 12

Miss Lee

Cathlete
Helllllllooooooo!

What's everybody up to today? I've been frantic trying to make things nice for DH's homecoming. I don't know why -- it's not like I have TONS of stuff to do, but I am someone who is easily overwhelmed when I sense a time crunch. I also want to squeeze a workout in today. I did the upper body work from ME yesterday and I'd really like to do the lower body premix, as well as a few minutes of cardio if I can. Then I need to head out to the grocery store. I'm not sure DH will want much if anything for dinner, after all, by the time he gets home it'll seem like 1 AM to him, but I want to have something just in case. Maybe I'll make up a small platter of shrimp with a little cocktail sauce and a veggie/fruit platter to go with it.

Someone is starting a clean eating challenge beginning tomorrow and lasting for a week. I decided to join it. I've been feasting on desserts for over a week now and it shows:eek: ;( .

So, what are the rest a youse up to?

I think someone has a birthday tomorrow:)

I hope each and every one of you Hater moms has a lovely Mother's Day.

I'll see you Monday:* :*

ETA just one more comment before I sign off. I have major ab DOMS from Thursday's iClimb workout:eek: . I'm not kidding. I'm not sure why because It's all stuff I've done before, but it got me good this time. It was a stability ball workout. Maybe it was just the overall length of the segment -- about 15 minutes. I don't usually work my abs that long. Man, I'm so sore it hurts to move. I ask again -- why oh WHY do people LIKE DOMS!? I'll never understand it. :p

Wow, nobody replied today? Ya'll must be busy.

Michele do you still have DOMS????}( }( Is your DH home????

I am so tired. Got up around 7:00 this morning, took the dog for a walk. Since he is so little, it took us 35 minutes to walk 1.5 miles, plus I had to carry him. Then I had to take Gabe to soccer, came home and left to go to the mall to get my mom a gift and then to Wal-Mart, then back to sign Gabe up for soccer for next year. Went over to my mom's and made us dinner. I made "The Perfect Fried Chicken" from the WW magazine which was very good, Fettucini alfredo from the WW cookbok and a strawberry cheesecake parfait from the WW cookbook. Everything was great. My DH is at the races and Gabe wanted to stay overnight w/him, well when we got there DH wanted him to come home so it was a big waste of my time. It is now 8:45 and I really didn't sit down at all today. I was planning on doing PUB but NOBODY will got to sleep. ;( I am so upset with DH and his do-whatever-he pleases attitude I am not even going over to the track tomorrow. I would rather sit here and count the lines in the ceiling then go over there.

I guess I'll get going since nobody is here today.

Hey, I just bought Kashi Oatmeal Raisin Flax cookies and then are soooo yummy!!!! I could've devoured the box but I was good and only had one.

I'm going to try to get these monsters to bed.

Talk to you all later!!!

Hello Michele & Dana!

I've had a busy day today & now I am so tired. I think I may have to end up back at the doctors this week sometime. I don't think the sinus infection ever cleared up 100%. I have been so tired lately and in the mornings my throat is swollen & hurts to swallow. It was getting better as the day went on last week but yesterday it was worse & today worse yet, I'm sure the doc will make me come back in to make sure it isn't something else. It was funny, I was talking to a girl that works w/ me on Friday & I was telling her how Thurs night right before dinner I thought I was going to throw up-never did but then Friday morning was when I was worse. She said the exact same thing happened to her Thursday night also, weird. She ended up leaving at noon yesterday b/c of her throat/ears.

Today I did grocery shopping, yard work, inside house cleaning, & laundry. This morning I did Powerstrike 1 & a 20 minute hip,thigh,butt workout. Then early evening I did Kick Butt Boot Camp, the 30 minute section that uses the medicine ball-it was a good workout & I'll do it again but I don't care for Mindy's personality too much. Then I did B&G- 2 sets of deadlifts, firewalkers, and then the floor glute work, I love the floor work in this w/o. I ended with 15 minutes of Cool It Off express, it is a good 30 minute stretch.

I'm not sure what w/o I'll do in the morning-something 45-60 minutes because then I need to shower & head to Decatur, about 45 minutes from here. We are meeting my brother, SIL, and my mom over there to eat lunch & maybe a little shopping depending on how I feel. My sister has to work, I'll miss seeing her.

Dana- I am so sorry that your DH is being so self absorbed, do you think he even realizes what he is doing? I have learned over the years that most men aren't real good at realizing when they are doing something that bothers you. Most really need you to spell it out for them & tell them exactly how you feel. You guys need to find a happy medium where he gets to do some stuff he wants & you get some time to yourself also to do what you want. There is no reason why you should always have to take care of the kids so he can go "play". I worry about you, with a full time job, 2 kids, dog, DH, and Cathe you are going to wear yourself down & possibly get sick or just really unhappy. Sorry if that is out of line, I just want you to get the respect you deserve. Where did you find those cookies? They sound really good! I've been on such a sweet kick lately- need to stop but I can't!!!

Happy Mothers Day to all you hater moms! I'll be back tomorrow evening!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.