Hates Cardio, Must Do Cardio, 12/26

Miss Lee

Cathlete
Hello everybody!!

I trust you all had a lovely Christmas. Mine was nice but so hectic with DH being on call. He found someone to split Christmas day coverage with him so we were able to travel to visit my family, but he had a blue tooth stuck in his ear the entire time --poor guy. He looks like a Borg with that thing in his ear--LMAO!

We did nothing but stuff our faces all day long yesterday:eek: :9. My family served up a huge Italian feast early, then we had turkey with all the trimmings for a late dinner with DH's family, hence the title for today's thread. I'm going to strap myself to Eli for an all out HIIT workout today. Oh yeah, my brother gave me THREE POUNDS OF CHOCOLATES!!!!! I made DH take all of it to work today.

As much as I miss you all I'm afraid I won't be around much this week, but I'll try to check in periodically. Have no fear, I will never abandon you:). DH's siblings are here for the week and I'll be busy with them. I'll be back and posting after New Years, though.

Take care--I miss your craziness. I can't wait until we're all back and posting like mad!

:* :* :*

Hey there!

Meeeeeeerry (late) Christmas!!!!!!!!!! I'm back for a second and then I'm off again. x(

Don't you! Forget about me! Don't don't don't don't! Don't you! Forget about me!

I never really liked that song, actually.

Michele - That's so great to hear that your DH was able to split the day with someone, and that you were able to visit your family.

Whassa blue tooth?

Oh, and hey, cool about all your family members being in bands! Send them over here! I could use some extra people!

Ugh, I want to catch up on all you guys' posts WAAA! I'm with Michele. I'm looking forward when we're back to our regular schedules and talking about green beans, mustard spinach, and barley! Er, I mean Butts & Guts, P90X and Christi! :7

Toodle doo and talk to you when I get back again!

MISS YOU GUYS!!

Good morning haters! Ahh, the joys of being off of work for a week. Baby under desk just shuts off computer as I was typing. Toys everywhere! Total chaos here at my house. LOL.

August - I don't really like that song either but I do love The Breakfast Club. That is one of the classics! I never tire of watching that (or Sixteen Candles). Totally cheesey 80's movies, and I love them. LOL.

Did everyone have a nice holiday? Did any of you receive any fitness gifts?

I'm going to get back into the swing of things Jan 1 - diet and exercise. I've got to get rid of this fat and I received quite a bit of money & gift cards for Christmas so there's an incentive. I can buy a new spring and summer wardrobe in a smaller size.

DH got me the club sized step from Dick's. He always waits until the last minute to shop and he asked me what I wanted. I told him and he about died when I told him it was around $100. But he did buy it for me. The step that I was using all these years was so old. It was from when ESPN had on that fitness program called "Body Shaping". I think that I ordered it from JCPenney. I can believe how much longer this one is. I haven't gotten to try it out yet.

Michele - my family gatherings were just like yours. My mom had us over for Christmas Eve and had ham w/all the trimmings, pumpkin pie, cherry cheesecake and cookies. Then yesterday DH"s dad & stepmom had us out for dinner and she had an even bigger feats. Ham & Turkey, all the trimmings, even broccoli salad. She makes the best broccoli salad. Yum. Pie, pumpkin roll, cookies, fruit salad. I'm going to need to do cardio everyday I think.

OK, you know how someone always gives you the "what were they thinking" gift? Well, this year I am the one that gave the gift. Ha! My Granny has me do her shopping every year. She gives me her Boscov's credit card and tells me to spend $50 on each of us. She has to buy for 8 and I know she does not have $450 to spend on Christmas gifts. So I went online and bought all 8 of us our gifts for $81. I didn't know what to get my DH or my 2 brothers, so I went on the "$10 gifts for him" section of their site. My brother is single and buys himself whatever he wants, whenever so he is extremely difficult to buy for. So I see, Phillips Blue Fin Crabmeat & dip mix. Hmmm, he likes crab, sounds like a good gift, add to cart. So on Christmas Eve we are opening our gifts and Tommy opens his gift and he is like, What is this???? He even opens up the box thinking that it really isn't a can of crabmeat but just an old box with something better in it. HA!!! You should've seen his face, priceless. The kicker is, Granny never knows what I get from her. So when she sees it she says, (pardon my language), What the hell did you get that for?????? I guess that I will never live this down, huh? Then I got my brother Pa instant lotto tickets and he won $4 so my DH says, now you have $ to get crackers for the dip. Ha, ha, ha!!! He will get crab for Christmas next year, I've gotta get it now.

I don't know how much I'll be on this week either. My home computer is weird so if I"m not here, you'll know why. My friend's daughter is coming tomorrow night and we are going skating on Thursday. I also got in touch with my old best friend from when I went to Catholic school. I haven't talked to her in about 10 years. We both have 5 year old boys so I"m going to take my boys to visit her hopefully this week. I can't wait to see her. We got into soooooo much trouble together when we were younger.

DH & I went out on Saturday night w/ some of his racing buddies. I do not drink so you should have seen me after about 8 beers. Sunday morning, that is the reason that I do not drink. Horrible, horrible hangover. I used to do that in my younger days, I"m too old for that now.

Robin - if you are reading this, DH"s friend teaches a cardio kickboxing class at a karate studio in Muncy - I think he said it was Eye of the Dragon. If that isn't the name it is something of the dragon. He keeps asking me when I'm going to take a class (the first 2 classes are free). Perhaps in the spring, when I get my butt back in gear, we can take the class. They are on Monday & Wednesday's evenings. Monday would work for me. We'll talk about it later (say in April)!

Have a wonderful day ladies. Sorry that I wrote a book.

Hi Haters! I missed working out yesterday, which really bummed me out, since it was the only week so far this month that I haven't mananged to fit in 6 workouts. Oh well, it's Christmas.

Today I did Body Max 2 sans abs work. I'm happy to say the scale has remained the same, inspite of eating pretty well over the weekend.

Dana, I'd love to try the kickboxing class with you. Especially if it's free! Please remember me if you give it a try this spring.

Michele, have a great week with your family. Will you get a chance to workout? I may find it difficult to workout over the weekend with my sister and mother here, but I'm going to try.

August, whew, you must be getting some cardio with all that rushing in and out.

Have a great week everyone.

I got my replacement DVD/s today. I really didn't think it was a big deal with the original ones, each stopped in one place. Oh, well, they were good enough to send them to me, I can do as they ask. I did Butts and Guts today again. I love that workout. tomorrow I think DrillMax

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Today I took the girls out to spend some of their gift certificates and that is about all. I cannot believe another year has come and past.

Oh, well, time to go. Gotta eat pizza and ruin my workout for the day!

Dana - I was LOL reading your post. Too funny! It must have been a riot during gift opening. Anyway, I think it's totally cool of you to save your Granny so much money. What a lovely grand-daughter you are!

Robin - Yeah, but unfortunately, all the running around is the only working out I've been able to get in this last week (or is it these last weeks?!). I'm with Dana, come January 1st, look out Deb's Tummy Blaster Rotation! Wow, with all those evil goo foods you listed, what a miracle to be the same weight. I don't think I can say the same...

Kate - I think everyone at Cardiohatesville is eating pizza at the yearend (including me).

Okay, I'm off like sweaty workout clothing - not that I'd know what those are these days!

Hugs all! :*

Hey!! Happy belated holidays to everyone! Hope everyone is doing great and is enjoying a wonderful holiday season!

janjan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.