HATES Cardio by LEAPS and Bounds 2/29

Miss Lee

Cathlete
Happy Leap Year Day!!!

Ya know, if you do cardio today you will lose 25 lbs and keep it off :D -- true story ;) . Since it's the leap year day I'm going to order that Cardioke workout -- now THAT should bring me 4 years of good luck and weight loss, don't cha think!? :p

That reminds me...JENNIFER -- since you haven't been dating anyone long enough to propose, you at least need to ask someone for a date. Their refusal will bring dire consequences! :p

JEN -- Are you going to propose to our Chad? There's no time like the present:7

DANA -- Whassup!? Did you do a workout yesterday? I didn't -- I had a long visit with my niece in the afternoon, then DH and I went out for dinner. I was planning to do a Classical Stretch segment after dinner but I was too tired. I'm definitely doing cardio today :7

ROBIN -- Have you been to the doctor? I was hoping he'd tell you that you need to stay off your leg for at least another week }( . On the bright side, at least you have a vacation coming up next month. I'm so jealous! I want a nice long vacation, but it looks like I'll have to wait until fall.

AUGIE -- I assume you're working. We'll be here when you get back! I sure hope Aunt Flo is gone by then. It was not nice of her to give you a headache like that :* .

And I think I want to kill someone.
Huh? Wha? Are you talking about me? Cardioke! Cardioke! this is SOOOOO right up your alley! LMAO!!

Well, I just got home from my deskunking. My stylist did a really good job on my hair today. I usually have to come home and fix it and it was very pleasant to not have to do that today. It looks like she gave me a good cut this time, too. Lately it's been hit or miss with her. I think she has a lot on her plate and it's been showing in her work. I haven't had the heart to complain -- she's a wonderful person and she's always been very good to me. OMG she's been cutting my hair for nearly 20 years :eek: . Anyway, I'm very happy with how my hair turned out today -- probably 'cause it's the 29th of February :p

Alrighty, it's time to see what's going on in the other forums. I'll BBL to see if anyone is around. :*

Afternoon haters.

Michele I'm glad you started the thread b/c I was too lazy to do it earlier. Glad your hair turned out great. I need my hair cut so bad. Can you believe that I haven't had my hair cut since June!!! It looks like crap, it is so long now. I need it cut. It is just so hard. Before I missed so much work due to the weather, I was planning on taking a vacation day.

I've been meaning to ask you, WTH is Classical Stretch???? You're always talking about it.

I did shoulders and calves from 4DS last night. I did the step warm up, shoulders, then the cool down and stretch. I thought that the premix that I chose included calves & abs but it didn't. So I added calves on, started the abs, decided I didn't like those particular excerices and didn't finish abs. Tonight I'm going to do chest and back from 4DS, maybe abs from SJP b/c I really like that ab routine. I'm really hating cardio these days. More then usual that is. :p

How is everyone else today? Anyone have any exciting plans for the weekend? Nothing at all here. We're supposed to get some snow tonight 1-3 inches. Blech!!!!!

Talk to you all later!!!

Dana, I can't go that long between hair appointments, mainly because I color it every 4 weeks :eek: . I HAVE to, or I would have major grey roots and that's just so ugly ;( . I can go 8 weeks between cuts, but any more than that and I look pretty scruffy and flat on top. I get the dreaded pyramid head where my hair is flat on top and gradually flares out towards the bottom, ala Roseanne Rosannadanna from the original SNL -- LMAO!!

*GASP* You never heard of Classical Stretch!? Well that ain't right! The workouts are designed and led by Miranda Esmonde-White, a former ballet dancer. Now she trains athletes -- pros and Olympic. I LOVE her workouts. It's a type of ACTIVE stretching and believe you me, you get a great workout and you feel so good after you're done! Looky here: http://www.classicalstretch.com/

I have the 2007 TV series DVD (she has a show on PBS), and thanks to a wonderful forum friend, the Full Body Workout and Athletes Stretch. Lesse if I can find a clip...just a sec, I'll BRB...

This is the only clip I can find and it's from an old workout.
http://www.classicalstretch.com/armsabs_dvd.htm

There are several threads about it here and at VF.

I don't have any plans for the weekend yet. This will be the first weekend in a month that DH and I don't have to go and visit my niece, but I expect we might visit my IL's.

Good afternoon haters! I am sitting at the dealership getting my oil changed & new wipers put on the Jeep. I only worked 7:30-11 today, took a half day & need to make up 30min sometime. Was going to work until 11:30 but Mom's appointment got done early (10AM) so I felt bad & left at 11.

Mom had some tests done on her eyes so couldn't drive. Tara brought her to Springfield this morning on her way to work & then I took her back home- which is about 45 min trip from where I picked her up & 35 min to the dealership. After this thinking about having the Jeep washed if the places aren't too busy then going home to clean & workout.

Not sure what workout will be today-I am feeling very tired after all that driving. I did Cardio Intervals yesterday morning & then 40 min of thigh/glute work last night, Wed was 4DS Kickbox, 30 min bun shaper, and 10 min thigh toning w/o. I am thinking either Mix it up or Shape it up today...we'll see.

Michele- What's this about me asking Chad to marry me??? :eek: :eek: :eek: Are you INSANE??? ;) :p He did spend the night last night-asked me Wed night if he could stay Thurs night. I actually slept good. He also said he wants to take my mom out to dinner some night soon & meet her. How are you doing? Will have to read everything later & do personals...sorry.

HI DANA!! I sent your e-mail to my home e-mail so I'll respond later. I am cleaning & doing laundry tonight & relaxing...sounds SO GOOD!! Chad has the boys.

Jennifer, Robin, August- Hope you are all good & I'll BBL to see if you are around.

Hey Michele- I know, I always put off stuff like this b/c I am VERY impatient & hate being stuck sitting around doing nothing... thank goodness I can check my e-mails & "talk" to you guys. I know a guy that works here but I'd rather talk to my cyber friends, LOL!

Read the article, no thanks!!! :p Hey I finally was okay with him staying at my place- that only took about what...gosh, I guess it'll be 6 months here shortly. Can you believe that??? He tried to fix me b-fast this morning but wouldn't allow it, jumped in the shower & told him to get out... well, not exactly like that but close. ;-)

So... what are your plans this weekend? I am doing APL tomorrow and more cleaning, not sure about Sunday yet- the temp is going to be like 50 but calling for rain in the afternoon so may be a good day to take it easy, that sounds SO GOOD!

Hey I finally was okay with him staying at my place- that only took about what...gosh, I guess it'll be 6 months here shortly. Can you believe that???

Um...a...well?...yeah, I can believe that. My DH and I never spent the night at each other's places before we got married -- we never did *AHEM* anything else, either http://bestsmileys.com/blushing/7.gif

You think I'm kidding, don't you!? I'm not ;)

Anyhoo, I'm off to the grocery store. I don't have a darn thing to have for dinner. I don't know -- I'm kind of tempted to order a pizza, but the only commercial pizza I like is about 20 minutes from here and they don't deliver that far. I'm not sure I feel like picking it up -- it's kind of nasty outside. What to do, what to do...

Hello Haters.

Michele-Love the thread, I was LMAO when I read it. Cupid on the
29th?

Good news on the job front-No, not a new one but dreams sometimes come true. The CEO actually thanked me last night for a job well done. And, another supervisor whom has given me lots of grief in the past was actually kind to me. Some of my more mature co-workers must've told one of them they were worried about me with my stress load.

Anyways, I did SB again this AM, first time in along time was Thurs night. That workout has gotten alot easier. Sun AM before church or after will be L&G.

19 more days til Spring!!!!!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.