Haters Thurs 5/17

dianet

Cathlete
I have been up since 4 am with indigestion so I am posting early. We got our bedding in from pottery barn and we loved the rug but hated the bedding. It was not as bright as we thought it would be.

So we are taking the bedding back, but now I am looking into custom bedding because I can't find anything I like. My friend told me about a website for custom bedding that is so much cheaper than other places, only about $50 more total than the stuff I got at pottery barn.

What do you think of this set?

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t34/dmt4641/bedding-1.jpg

I would use basically all the same fabrics except I would use this pink for the outside of the bumper instead of white.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t34/dmt4641/pink_matelasse_6.jpg

And instead of ruffles at the top of the bumper I would use welting and just ties instead of bows to make it a little less frilly.

I would also make some valances with the print of the skirt with some trim using the lime checks used on the crib sheet. Here is an example of their ballon valance in a different fabric.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t34/dmt4641/watermelonfloralvalance.jpg

I may also want to do something more simple, like these from pottery barn kids, so that it is not too frilly.

And I think the rug we got at pottery barn would still match everything. It is really soft and we like it so I hope it matches.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t34/dmt4641/rug.jpg

There are some other fabrics I like on this site too - like this one.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t34/dmt4641/bigwatermelon2.jpg

I would change the white on the bumper to another color on this one too. I am going to order some fabric swatches and see what the colors look like.

What do you think of these?

Just doing a real quick check in.

Diane - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new bedding. Has your DH heard anything yet?

Robin - so sorry about Greyor and his feeding issued. I will definitely keep him (and you and Emily) in my prayers.

Michele - swinging=cardio???? For sure!!!

Becky - your binging sound yummy!!!!! Today is a new day so don't fret over yesterday.

Shelley - how are your fingers feeling today? Ouch!

Jen - Let us know how you make out at the dr.

I "talked" to August the other day and she is soooooo busy. I think things should slow down for her in a few months. But just cuz she is busy is no excuse not to check in, right??????

I lost 6 lbs since last Thursday!!!!!! Yeah!!!! Last night I did BSB and also walked 2 miles. Tonight maybe a lower body depending on whether or not I have time but I will take a walk at lunch. I put in on my WW activity tracker that I did 60 min high intensity for the weight lifting. Don't you think that sounds accurate for BSB? Says I earned 9 activity points plus 2 points for the walk. I didn't use 11 activity points though. That seemed a bit high for me.

Well, better get back to work. Have a great day ALL!

Good morning!

I'm going shopping out of town today so I only have a sec. Wish me luck. The last time I went shopping I cried all the way home -- LMAO.

Diane, I hope you're feeling better.

I LOVE the rug. I love those colors. I agree with you about things that are overly frilly. I don't like frills or anything that looks too busy, so for me, the bows would definitely have to go. I'm not even sure I would like it with ties -- but I would definitely prefer ties over bows.

I like the second bedding set better than the first. Maybe it's because I love peony's. The paisley design is pretty, too, but I like the the other one a smidgen better. I love the pink quilted fabric and would prefer that over the white. Cream would work, too. I hate white stuff. I never use white linens of any kind because it always seems so stark to me.

Now for custom bedding -- I love custom made bedding and window treatments. It really isn't that much more expensive and you get exactly what you want. I like choosing my own fabrics and the feeling that I'm getting something a little more original.

Good luck and have fun with it!

DANA!!!!!!! Congratulations on your weight loss! That is soooo fantastic! You lost 6#'s in a week? I'm soooo jealous! Oh yeah, I think GS BSB is a heavy duty workout, especially if you used heavy weights.

Jen, I agree with Shelley -- REST REST REST REST REST -- LMAO!! Seriously though, you need to just calm your jets, little lady, and let your body recover. You're not going to lose anything by doing that and you might even see results by allowing for recovery. You behave, missy, or I'm coming over there with Shelley and you don't want that:p :7 :*

Shelley -- OMG I hope your hand is okay! Maybe you should have it looked at. I got dizzy just reading about it. Can you use your hand? Please be careful. Maybe you should let your SO walk the dogs until that heals up.

Robin, I'm so sorry to hear about Greyor's swallowing problems. I'll definitely be praying for him and I hope this treatment does the trick. Your poor family just gets hit with one thing after another. Let me know if there's anything I can do:*

Okay -- I did Power Max last night -- that's a really old Cathe step DVD -- OMG I hate step -- LMAO! It was over an hour long and I did about 40 minutes of it followed by abs. Today is a cardio day, too, and I'm doing my beloved CC. I miss Coach Sean:+

Hello to everyone I missed and I'll BBL. I want to get an early start so I can get home early. :* :*

Can you believe I haven't left to go shopping yet!? Ya know what? I just don't feel like shopping today. I need to go so badly but I'm not in the mood for it AT ALL. I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow. I'd like to get to the mall as soon as it opens so I can get in and get out before there are too many people milling about.

I just started spotting AGAIN! This is the 3rd month in a row, like clock work. I am really annoyed by this -- it's probably also why I'm not in the mood to shop. ;)

Dana, you never said. Did you lose that weight in 1 week? I'm glad you heard from August. I sure miss her around here. We need her smilie magic. Nobody can talk with smilies quite like August -- LMAO!

Hi ladies -

I stayed home today. My stomach just hurt so much last night I was in no mood to go in. It has been hard to keep focused at work now that I know I am leaving, I am being a horrible employee.

Michele - I agree that the bows are just too much. But there have to be some sort of ties to tie it to the crib so it stays up, and the ties are less frilly.

Here is an example of one with ties instead of bows and welting instead of ruffles (though the skirt is ruffled and mine would not be). It is also in a crib which makes it look better - they look sort of funny out of the crib, but they display it that way online to give you a better idea of all the detail)

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t34/dmt4641/saralindacrib.jpg

Michele, yes I lost the weight in 1 week. I started WW last Thursday and I weighed myself this morning and was down 6lbs!!! Although I certainly don't look or feel any lighter. LOL I did WW about 4 years ago and lost 30lbs in 3.5 months. And I kept it off until I had Gannon. :( So I"m hoping that I have the same success this time.

I know what you mean about not feeling like shopping. Sometimes it just isn't any fun to go. Especially when you have had bad experiences in the past.

I agree, nobody does smilies like August. LOL

Sorry to hear that you are spotting. What is up with that???

UGH - I am not a happy camper, still have the sinus infection & on another 10 days of more powerful medicine-875MG of a generic for augmentin...not sure what that is exactly. I didn't sleep for anything last night b/c I couldn't breathe. I am at work but going to take off about 1:30-2 and head home... and NO i am not going to work out, there is no way I could, my head hurts so bad.

I am going to take a nap when I get home but I'll check in with you guys a little later.

I wrote a nice long post earlier and lost it.:( Probably a good thing since it was a pity party for me post.

Diane, I'm with Michele on preferring the second set to the first. The paisleys are overpowering to me. Put your feet up and relax today. I hope you get some sleep tonight.

Dana, way to go on the 6 pounds girl! For a while, everyone here at work was doing WW and having great success.

Michele, did you ever go shopping? I still think you have to sneak up on great buys. You will never find what you want if you go looking specifically for something. That's what I like about TJ Maxx. You never know what you'll find, so you never go looking for anything specific.

Jen, I'm sorry you are still sick, but I'm glad to went to the doctor. Hopefully this antibiotic will do the trick.

I HAVE to pack tonight. I don't know what is wrong with me. I just have no ambition lately. It's all I can do to get through a workout and collapse on the couch for the rest of the evening. I'm not even sure I'll attempt a workout tonight. That's bad, because I will probably miss the whole week I'm at my sister's. I'm taking workout clothes and a couple DVD's, but don't know if I'll get a chance to do anything of not.

I decided to take a rest day. Instead, I came home and packed. I'm almost done. Yay!

More good news. Emily got a full time job at the golf course (within sight of our house) planting flowers and trimming trees. DH will babysit, and Emily will get off work before me, so I won't have to sit at all. Double Yay!

Hiya! I went shopping after all but just at our local mall. I plan to go shopping out of town at the bigger mall tomorrow. I'm going to leave here around 9AM so I can get there as soon as it opens. I managed to find one pair of bermuda shorts and a top but they don't go together:-( . I'm not even sure I like the bermuda shorts. I want capri's but I can't find any. I need wide leg capri's -- I look horried in any slacks or capri's with a tapered leg.

Diane, I see what you mean about the ties. I've never had children so I'm not up on all the intricacies of baby bedding -- LOL! I can't believe how different it looks on an actual bed! I like the welting better than the ruffles. You have excellent taste and I'd probably like anything you picked out. ;)

Dana, you go, girl! I see no reason why you wouldn't have the same success with WW that you had before. Keep up the good work! You should join us in the clean eating thread -- speaking of which, I haven't posted there yet today. I should do that. I've been really good with my food this week:) . I weighed myself this morning and I'm down exactly 4 #'s from last week:) . I hope it's accurate. I'm not going to weigh myself again until I get home from Italy -- if I even go to Italy -- lol!

Jen, I'm so sorry about your sinuses but I'm awfully glad you're going to go home early and REST! You take care of yourself now. I wish you had someone to bring you chicken soup:+ :*

Robin, that's such great news about your DD! How fortunate that she could find full time work in her chosen profession within sight of her home! God was smiling upon her -- and you, too:) :*

It doesn't surprise me in the least that you feel run down lately. You've been through so much this year and it'd be enough to wear anyone out. You NEED a good rest and some worry-free time. I think you'll perk up once you get to your sister's place. I'm glad you're packed. At least that's one thing you can check off your list. I never pack until the night before I leave:eek: :D . Don't worry about your workouts. You'll get plenty of exercise on your vacation.

I'm off to do my workout now. I have no plan for dinner tonight and I think I'm going to make my DH either take me out or pick something up on his way home. I want to watch the season finale of CSI tonight. It should be a good one. Do any of you watch it? I watch all the CSI's.

Hooray for Michele's semi-successful shopping trip. Good luck with tomarrow. I had a hard time finding capris too. Must not be the style anymore. Michele, I think you should shop for comfort, not appearance. Besides, no one in Italy will ever see you again. When is your MIL's next doctors appointment and when is the final decision to be made about Italy? Go, go, go!!! Besides, you have the long flight to study your Fodors and make plans.

CC Vol 3 done!!:) I didn't do as well as the last time. It might be because I'm tired or maybe it's this spotting. I don't know, but I still feel like I got a good workout.

Robin, I WISH I wasn't going to see anyone I know. DH has a meeting and I know several of these people. Also, DH will receive an honor at this meeting and there will be dinners and other functions. Half of my fam damily will be there, too, and I'll be meeting some of my Italian relatives for the first time, so I actually feel more pressure than usual to look nice:-( ;(

Where's Stacy and Clinton when I need them?:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.